Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Holy crap, Zelda looks badass. And hot. Both are good.

Also, in case this hasn't already been mentioned, Zelda's not a princess in this game. According to an interview with the guys working on this game, Zelda is a goddamn queen this time around.

About friggin' time! And one saucy badass queen she is, too!

I think it's clear (and reinforced by the "the relationship between the two greatly changes" quote) that there's going to be some kind of implied romantic connection between Link and Zelda - at least, in Cia's opinion, as that's kinda why she goes beserk and threatens to destroy Hyrule in the first place - so I hope it's handled with care. I liked the Link/Zelda rapport in Skyward Sword, but somehow I don't think that same kind of characterisation will work here in a scenario where they're not childhood friends, but rather Zelda is a kickass ruler and Link is just a loyal underling working his way up the ranks as a soldier.

Zelda's not a princess in this game.

Aw man, I was hoping for Warrior Princess Zelda--

According to an interview with the guys working on this game, Zelda is a goddamn queen this time around.

3104.gif

...Alright, yeah, "Warrior Queen" works for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Though, apparently, Zelda was the queen in the original Japanese script of A Link Between Worlds, so I will be disappointed if the english translators keep the 'Princess' title purely for the sake of tradition.

Zelda was the queen in Twlight Princess too wasn't she?

I remember reading somewhere that she was literally just about to become Queen before Zant showed up.

Zelda continues to look wonderful!

Finally caught up on the news. Interesting to see Agitha as a playable character. I honestly didn't pay much heed to the bug side-quest, but I remember the character well enough. Will be interesting to see how she plays with her reliance on the bugs and her parasol. I'm actually quite happy that the devs are willing to go a bit out there for playable characters - assuming the cast is actually as big as some have been hinting it to be.

Lana looks unique too, though I think some might turn against her if the cast isn't big enough. After all, she is an original character in what is essentially a Zelda fanservice game. I like the look of her though!

I know I'm probably being hopeful, but I want Ganondorf to be revealed next. He hasn't been properly seen since 2006! Give him his dual swords from Wind Waker as an optional weapon and I will be a very happy camper. Bonus retro points if they give him a staff as well - just like Ganon did in the old games.

Zelda's a queen? And she's playable? Jesus Christ, what the hell?

Where's all this stuff in the main series?

Zelda continues to look wonderful!

Finally caught up on the news. Interesting to see Agitha as a playable character. I honestly didn't pay much heed to the bug side-quest, but I remember the character well enough. Will be interesting to see how she plays with her reliance on the bugs and her parasol. I'm actually quite happy that the devs are willing to go a bit out there for playable characters - assuming the cast is actually as big as some have been hinting it to be.

Lana looks unique too, though I think some might turn against her if the cast isn't big enough. After all, she is an original character in what is essentially a Zelda fanservice game. I like the look of her though!

I know I'm probably being hopeful, but I want Ganondorf to be revealed next. He hasn't been properly seen since 2006! Give him his dual swords from Wind Waker as an optional weapon and I will be a very happy camper. Bonus retro points if they give him a staff as well - just like Ganon did in the old games.

I don't think Lana is actually a new character, personally. I think "Lana" is short for "Lanayru," and its going to turn out that Lana is actually Nayru herself or a reincarnation of Nayru or something like that.

Agreed, though, I'll be a bit annoyed if we've got a rather small cast, but if its at least 20, 1-2 original characters are ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

technically, we're at 4 original characters using the villains, but it is quite likely they are repurposed old characters reincarnated. Personaly I can't wait to see what other old characters they bring back, I'm hoping for Groose, and perhaps tetra, but a goron or two would be cool as well

technically, we're at 4 original characters using the villains, but it is quite likely they are repurposed old characters reincarnated. Personaly I can't wait to see what other old characters they bring back, I'm hoping for Groose, and perhaps tetra, but a goron or two would be cool as well

Nah, the villains aren't really "new" characters except maybe Wizro. All of them are based on existing characters and even Wizro heavily resembles the Poe Collector. Lana is the first character who doesn't resemble any past character or boss except very vaguely.

I'm really thinking this cast is going to be bigger than people are giving it credit for.

We've never heard anything about the roster size besides people faffing on about how big it is.  We're simply keeping our expectations low (which is always a good idea), but we may seriously be looking at a huge roster here.  I seriously can't wait.

http://zeldawiki.org/Wizzrobe

Isn't Wizro just a Wizzrobe? That's not a new character.

There's never been a specific Wizzrobe character, just a generic enemy. That is why I said "MAYBE" Wizzro, though, and even then I really think he might be intended to be the Poe Collector. :P

I don't know, considering it looks like a Wizzrobe and, well, is named after Wizzrobes, seems more logical it's just a specific Wizzrobe given importance, designed after the original Wizzrobes from Legend of Zelda and with maybe a reference to the Poe Collector in apparently having only one eye. Like Yoshi the character vs Yoshi the species. Other than the one eye thing Wizzro really doesn't have anything much in common with Poe Collector (such as legs, for an example) tongue.png

So apparently there was a grass stage but it was hellish to develop so they decided to cut it.

• Thumbs Up 5

They're all new characters. We may have had Volvagia, but never Valga, even if his design is based off of Volvagia. Same goes for Cia and Wizzro.

Yeah I'd consider them new characters too, even if they're kinda "gijinkas"

Also, a bunch of screenshots of Agitha, Lana and Midna were shown;

Really wanna know who the heck Lana is. Also kinda seems like Midna will be a villain to begin with?

WAIT A MINUTE ZANT'S BACK.

Dude's too big a deal to be just a boss fight. And Midna can actually beat the crap out of him herself, now!

WAIT A MINUTE ZANT'S BACK.

Dude's too big a deal to be just a boss fight. And Midna can actually beat the crap out of him herself, now!

Ya he definitely has a playable form, you can tell it already

also we now have the standard grunts from TP too

If I had to guess we are getting at least 2 enemy commanders from each major time period that shows up, and they get the corresponding grunts, but Cia takes control whenever she shows up, usualy with her own troops as well. 

Also in regards to Midna, if this follows standard Warriors protocol, she's pissed and fighting everyone, then you talk her onto your side. Also TP bridge level should be fun

So we have general time period, SS, and TP confirmed, I wonder what other ones we might get, this is going to be interesting, and the info keeps coming!

Geez, another reminder that the colours in Twilight Princess were rather dull for a Zelda game.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well at least TP Zelda has some color to her that can be striking.

But yeah, TP was rather matte. I still like it somewhat tho.

Artwork for the newly announced characters/bosses:

10361565_498675896932012_921300141198888

10455691_678303682237508_902349180319296

10455173_498675903598678_304895596160953

10435031_498675900265345_756663395526046

10415669_498675893598679_617359883019543

Really liking the look of Lana, definitely my favourite original character so far. She's just got to be somehow related to Nayru, surely... but even if not, looks like she can kick ass with the rest of the girls in this game, even if it is more hands off and magic based than Zelda's sword swinging antics.

Plus, look how adorable she is! How could anyone not want to play as her? :P

1z4hk43.jpg

I must say it's a relief that we're seeing lots of female characters being revealed now and pretty much none of them bar Cia have the over-exaggerated breast sizes we thought they might have. Hooray for justice!

And yeah, ugh at Twilight Princess costumes. They look so dull compared to the awesome Hyrule Warriors looks, I'd rather just stick with the defaults.

• Thumbs Up 6

Lana is adorable... but she looks so generic loli character. At least Agitha has that silly makeup and dress, and puffy hairstyle to really make her stand out amongst loli. 

Also, is it me, or did the TP colors make Link look less like a woman, or is it more of the angle?

However, I desire that TP Zelda outfit. Her TP look was one of my favorite Zelda styles and I want that again.