Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I haven't played any of the Warriors games but I'm a HUGE Zelda fan and I like the look of it in all the gameplay footage I saw at E3, so this game is definitely mine.

Screw the critics, I'll enjoy it either way!

If you want to play something that's like the Warriors franchise but don't want to dive into the huge verse, then I highly suggest you pick up one of the One Piece Pirate Warriors titles and give it a try, 2 if you don't care for One Piece canon and just want to take territories and not spoil any of the anime/manga events if you ever want to get into OP at a later time.

But yeah it's up to you!

• Thumbs Up 1

So who wants even more high quality character artwork?

wish8x.jpg

rkc1ld.jpg

14wf59z.jpg

More here

Zelda, you saucy minx <3

Seriously, I'm loving Link and Zelda's new designs for Hyrule Warriors - arguably even my favourite looks for them in the entire series.

Even if - for whatever unlikely reason - the gameplay ultimately ends up boiling down to mindless hacking and slashing come release day, at least this game will look damn pretty!

• Thumbs Up 5

You know I hate how people think the gameplay is just going to be "mindless hack and slash, and shallow" You get no where in a Warriors game by spamming the same combo's, especially on harder difficulty levels, the game will punish and eat you alive.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know I hate how people think the gameplay is just going to be "mindless hack and slash, and shallow" You get no where in a Warriors game by spamming the same combo's, especially on harder difficulty levels, the game will punish and eat you alive.

Just to clarify because I'm assuming it's my comment that's sparked that discussion point - I don't personally think the game will end up like that. It looks like it has a surprising amount of depth and I can't wait to try out all the different tricks and tools to learn the ins and outs of the mechanics.

I only made that particular remark on the off chance the game turns out to be mediocre and repetitive for whatever reason (and therefore saying that, even if the gameplay somehow fails to deliver, at least the graphics will save it in some department). For now at least though, all signs point to the positives - which means good things await!

Apologies for any misunderstandings.

I wonder if Kaepora will make a appearance in this game at all. I mean this game seems to be taking a lot of stuff stuff from Ocarina. (Not as much as Twilight princess though lol.) Wouldn't surprise me personally.

I wonder if Kaepora will make a appearance in this game at all. I mean this game seems to be taking a lot of stuff stuff from Ocarina. (Not as much as Twilight princess though lol.) Wouldn't surprise me personally.

Yet, anyway. We have only seen a small portion of the entire game so far.

I hope we get Gorons, Zora, and Deku instead of just humans. It'd be cool to get the full cast of races from Zelda games instead of just snippits. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, ohhhhh my Goood those character renders for Link and Zelda are gorgeous. I think it's so cool too that Zelda is finally kicking some ass for once! Queen Zelda~ >w<

I hope we get Gorons, Zora, and Deku instead of just humans. It'd be cool to get the full cast of races from Zelda games instead of just snippits. 

I'd be surprised if we DIDN'T get those. Ruto and/or Mikau, Darunia, etc. As for Deku there are no notable named Deku... They'd have to create a new Deku character or bring back a Deku character and give 'em a name.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw a Goron Captain in that 10 minute demo. I think I already posted it here, but I don't remember. I tend to post the same thing on multiple forums and can't keep track of them. XD

We know Gorons appear, I highly doubt this game will come out without us having a playable Goron character.

Ah, I misconstrued what you were saying, my bad.

I think Darunia or Goron Link would be good choices for Goron characters. I'd say Darbus but we have plenty of TP stuff already.

I'd love to see most of the different species get a representative, for sure. I think a Zora and especially a Goron are pretty much guaranteed (although I don't know what powers they'd give a Zora character with Impa hogging all the water magic), and some more obscure ones would be great fanservice.

It's kind of sad, and a little surprising, that the Deku haven't properly appeared in so long; I'd be 150% okay with Hyrule Warriors inventing a new Deku character from whole cloth if it meant that there was going to be one at all.

I'd be really impressed if they could throw in some really weird stuff, though, like a Korok, a River Zora or a Subrosian. Those little dudes were so rad it's almost criminal that they only got to be in one game*. If Agitha can summon giant bugs, I'm sure they could come up with something for Rosa to do with her big-ass magic key.

*although I like to think that they evolved from the also-subterranean and sort-of rad Mogmas, which would be like another half an appearance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There were Goron NPCs in the E3 demo, so it's pretty likely Darunia or Darbus will be playable, or maybe entirely from left field and it's Darmani.

9BJXUwE.jpg

Ah, I misconstrued what you were saying, my bad.

I think Darunia or Goron Link would be good choices for Goron characters. I'd say Darbus but we have plenty of TP stuff already.

Darbus isn't that memorable and barely does anything. The most memorable Goron by far is Darunia. Also, once again I have to say it, NOT GORON LINK. It would be Darmani, not Goron Link. But regardless I think the top pick for Gorons would be Darunia regardless. In fact, I'd say that Saria, Darunia, Ruto, and Nabooru are very likely, while Rauru would likely be skipped over in favor of Gaepora (and if speculation holds, he's Rauru anyway).

That being said, I do think Mikau is also quite likely. The Zoras have appeared in so many games Mikau and Ruto could easily both appear. I doubt two Gorons, especially Darmani and Darunia (they're so similar in appearance as is), we'd probably get one or the other. I also doubt Darbus because there's plenty of other more memorable TP characters and we have plenty of TP characters already, the only other TP characters I'd like at this point are Ashei and perhaps Rusl.

EDIT: And from Skyward Sword, there's Groose and Gaepora, with Ghirahim as the obvious villain rep. Malon would work as a multi-game rep and Vaati from the Four Swords games as a 2D villain.

I agree with your logic, though although they are technicly a type of human,  I think we may see a Gerudo faction as well, despite their absence since OoT, as personality and affilliation wise they could bring both additional villians and heroes

I agree with your logic, though although they are technicly a type of human,  I think we may see a Gerudo faction as well, despite their absence since OoT, as personality and affilliation wise they could bring both additional villians and heroes

Gerudo appeared in Majora's Mask (the pirates are still referred to as Gerudo) and Four Swords Adventures, too. Plus, Ganondorf references the Gerudo in Wind Waker, and Telma is very likely descent form Gerudo. Ganondorf would probably lead the Gerudo naturally, though Nabooru I could see as being a general of Ganondorf's at first before defecting to the heroes.

EDIT: The least-referenced OOT race is actually the Kokiri. The Kokiri are a main race in Ocarina of Time and are extremely important because Link was left with them, but after OOT they only are mentioned as being the precursors to the Koroks with one appearance by a Kokiri named Fado (and not the same Fado from OOT), plus Saria in the Master Sword Chamber, and that's it. As much as I'd love more than one Kokiri, I think the likelihood is we'd only get one and it'd be Saria.

A Kokiri faction is doubtful, if anything you'd have to save them from monsters invading the forest.

Darbus isn't that memorable and barely does anything. The most memorable Goron by far is Darunia. Also, once again I have to say it, NOT GORON LINK. It would be Darmani, not Goron Link. But regardless I think the top pick for Gorons would be Darunia regardless. In fact, I'd say that Saria, Darunia, Ruto, and Nabooru are very likely, while Rauru would likely be skipped over in favor of Gaepora (and if speculation holds, he's Rauru anyway).

That being said, I do think Mikau is also quite likely. The Zoras have appeared in so many games Mikau and Ruto could easily both appear. I doubt two Gorons, especially Darmani and Darunia (they're so similar in appearance as is), we'd probably get one or the other. I also doubt Darbus because there's plenty of other more memorable TP characters and we have plenty of TP characters already, the only other TP characters I'd like at this point are Ashei and perhaps Rusl.

EDIT: And from Skyward Sword, there's Groose and Gaepora, with Ghirahim as the obvious villain rep. Malon would work as a multi-game rep and Vaati from the Four Swords games as a 2D villain.

Well, Darunia has a more muscular body than Darmani, who has a rounder physique and those cool prayer beads. He also has that scar on his chest and has shorter hair than Darunia. So he's not a total clone.

Well, Darunia has a more muscular body than Darmani, who has a rounder physique and those cool prayer beads. He also has that scar on his chest and has shorter hair than Darunia. So he's not a total clone.

I know Darmani and Darunia are different, but they're far closer in appearance than they are with, for example, Darbus. That said, out of the three I think the best pick is Darunia. The best zora pick I think is Mikau, with Ruto right behind him. At least you get to SEE Mikau before his death, too. You only see Darmani as a ghost.

You see him as a statue too. But I don't want just one representative; at least two for the Zoras and Gorons. 

well with all the talks about there being a ton of females, perhaps we will finaly see what a female Goron looks like :P also perhaps we will get one of the half bird people from WW(can't remember their names)

Also wonder if we will get some heroic characters from the ignoble races perhaps?! always thought it would be interesting to see the few good out of the many take their stand(perhaps we might get a counter part to the ghost knight from TP, I mean he could be considered a good stalfknight)

I doubt it will go that far, unless that confirmation of Argorok as a character was their way of saying you can play as him.

well with all the talks about there being a ton of females, perhaps we will finaly see what a female Goron looks like tongue.png also perhaps we will get one of the half bird people from WW(can't remember their names)

Also wonder if we will get some heroic characters from the ignoble races perhaps?! always thought it would be interesting to see the few good out of the many take their stand(perhaps we might get a counter part to the ghost knight from TP, I mean he could be considered a good stalfknight)

oc066.jpg

Not exactly "canon", per se, but it's something.

I doubt it will go that far, unless that confirmation of Argorok as a character was their way of saying you can play as him.

I just meant the vaguely humanoid ones like the Stalfos and the guys from TP or SS. Not the dragons(though the SS ones could be allies), merely more of the races that make up a lot of the enemy fodder. I mean the humans have heroes and villains among them, why not the other races