Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Wow. Lana is just the spitting image of anime with her noises and her poses. It's actually turning me off how un-Zelda she is. Her attack methods look, strange too.

Edit: It's actually pretty cool looking when I don't have to hear her horrible voice.

blockwallrunoljgt.gif

I wonder how badly the Internet will ruin her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Lana is just the spitting image of anime with her noises and her poses. It's actually turning me off how un-Zelda she is. Her attack methods look, strange too.

*snip of generic genki girl in action*

Edit: It's actually pretty cool looking when I don't have to hear her horrible voice. 

*snip of said girl doing awesome attacks*

Yeah, I'm with you man. Normally, I can tolerate bubbly girls like her in anime but this is REALLY pushing it. Her shrill voice and that pose at the end of the video just ticks me off to no end. I think she might be a wee bit too enthusiastic taking hordes upon hordes of enemies out for her blood and she MUST feel the need to do a super kawaii pose occasionally. Sadistic bitch.

Her moves look interesting though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think she's fine, she looks like one of the most fun characters to play as too. Annoying voices hardly ever bug me. Except in Beyblade. *insides squirm*

But yeah she's definitely a main for me.

Her voice isn't that high pitched compared to a lot of anime I've watched, honestly it doesn't sound bad at all to me actually. She seems a bit too happy crushing enemies to death with a rolling cube of destruction, but I also find it pretty funny.

Her voice is annoying?

Eh, I play Puyo Puyo almost regularly. I'm conditioned to resist sugary animoo gurls, so I guess I'll get passed it rather quickly. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Hm. I actually really like Lana's magic...but she is what I would call "obnoxiously kawaii". She feels out of place and kind of annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, you don't even know the half of it...

Lana is like "lite waifu" tier compared to other shit, fuckin casuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 4

Those who think Lana's voice is too annoying are weak and will not survive the coming anime apocalypse.

I will never truly understand you people. :U

It's not just her personality that bugs me but seeing a character like her appear in a Zelda game where things are mostly serious is just jarring. It's like she was from a magical girl anime, found a portal to the Zelda universe, and just joined in on this war.

I give Agitha credit for not being generic kawaii-desu. She at least looks ridiculous all things considered, and her obsession with bugs is funny. Also, I like her longer ears compared to Lana. Lana's ears are puny. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Do people really consider Agitha "cute"? I always thought she was creepy as shit.

• Thumbs Up 9

It's not just her personality that bugs me but seeing a character like her appear in a Zelda game where things are mostly serious is just jarring. It's like she was from a magical girl anime, found a portal to the Zelda universe, and just joined in on this war.

I...I was neutral about her before, but this description made me like her. Opps?

Also, just a thought, but if she is connected to the goddess (La)Nayru in some way like some are theorizing, that could potentially explain why she isn't taking a war among mortals that seriously, even when taking part in it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I'm not a "rabid anime watcher" by any stretch of the imagination, but I still thought this was actually quite alright, to be quite honest. Her gameplay style looks pretty fun and, while I still think the voice could be toned down a smidge, I actually like that she's actually having... "fun" while getting things done.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I read somewhere that Midna actually starts off as a villain in the beginning of the game.

We see Lana facing off against Midna at some point, and Midna has a host of monsters behind her. Yeah, it does seem like Midna starts off as a villain. Regardless she's a hero later anyway.

I really like the look of Lana, myself. Her moveset looks imaginative and fun to use. That cube-rolling move was both hilarious and really cool at the same time.

She may be a bit too genkiesque but she fits in just fine, I don't know why people are having such a big problem with her. Especially as we have gotten worst character designs like the original fairy queen design and a cheerful witch isn't a terrible thing to have. Also commenting on someone earlier saying how serious the zelda series is....motherfucking tingle is enough to destroy that.

Plus her moveset looks fun as hell! It looks like it chains together really well, also if anime things aren't your thing why are you even looking at this game, a big part of it is pretty much influenced by ludicrous animeesque attack patterns.

• Thumbs Up 5

She may be a bit too genkiesque but she fits in just fine, I don't know why people are having such a big problem with her. Especially as we have gotten worst character designs like the original fairy queen design and a cheerful witch isn't a terrible thing to have. Also commenting on someone earlier saying how serious the zelda series is....motherfucking tingle is enough to destroy that.

Plus her moveset looks fun as hell! It looks like it chains together really well, also if anime things aren't your thing why are you even looking at this game, a big part of it is pretty much influenced by ludicrous animeesque attack patterns.

She's not the Zelda sort of out there. Tingle is weird as hell, he is not an adorable moe trying to grab your attention and make you love him for how cute he is. He is just a throwaway character that is creepy as hell, and you can love and hate him for that. Agitha maybe adorable, but her obsession with bugs and how wacky she dresses is strange even if she is still cute (hell, to some members, she's creepy). This character; this "adorable" girl with her adorable voice, and her adorable manner of looking at the camera and winking is trying to talk to the audience and grab attention, and the fact she is one of the main characters tells you she is someone the developers want you to really love. She is simple and tropey in her mannerisms and has no substance to her that makes her Zelda. In a Zelda game, none of the characters really look like they are trying to manipulate the audience into their favor like this, they just naturally are cheerful, nice characters who people love. A moe is born only to win you over with her adorableness, and this trailer paints her as an outsider, design-wise and personality-wise. At least her attacks look like they would befit a Zelda character. 

Now granted, I'm sure she'll be a lot more bearable in the game. I'm just answering your question on what makes her not a Zelda character.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know who the blue haired girl is, but before watching that whole trailer thingy I want to say this:

She's.

So.

Cute.

Aw come on, Lana isn't that bad! Sure she's all genki and cute, but so what? There's loads of genki cute girls in the Zelda games if you look hard enough. As for her cries, what about all the girly anime giggles and screams in Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword? It's like everyone seems to forget that there are female characters who do this stuff in the main Zelda series too!

Anyways what interests me most about Lana is her moveset. Her attacks look pretty damn cool and flashy!

Do people really consider Agitha "cute"? I always thought she was creepy as shit.

Same here lol, especially her voice. The way she squeals in a Twilight Princess whenever you give her a golden bug always creeped me out a little. XD
  • Thumbs Up 2

The only creepy thing I found about Agatha was that growl she did if you had a bug and didn't give it to her.

How on earth is Lana's voice too high-pitched? You'd think you people are used to every character sounding like Batman. She sounds like what I'd expect a female Link to sound, for an example, judging by all the shouting.

Lana doesn't sound that bad at all, really. I've heard far worse voices.