Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

She may be a bit too genkiesque but she fits in just fine, I don't know why people are having such a big problem with her. Especially as we have gotten worst character designs like the original fairy queen design and a cheerful witch isn't a terrible thing to have. Also commenting on someone earlier saying how serious the zelda series is....motherfucking tingle is enough to destroy that.

Plus her moveset looks fun as hell! It looks like it chains together really well, also if anime things aren't your thing why are you even looking at this game, a big part of it is pretty much influenced by ludicrous animeesque attack patterns.

I said mostly serious, as there is weird shit that happens in Zelda like Tingle or even Agitha that hampers down on the seriousness. At least with Tingle, he's weird and creepy but not in your face happy and attention seeking like Lana is. Its just her attitude in battle and her character design just make me think she's way out of place in Zelda and add to the fact that she's a major character in the story means that she probably isn't going to be taken seriously if her attitude persists in the cutscenes and whatnot. And I do like her attacks and I enjoy anime-esque attack patterns, its just those attacks are attached to a character that bothers me more than it should. It doesn't mean I won't play as her for that reason if her playstyle proves fun to me, I'll just bear with the overly genki-ness.

And to that other guying saying she's too high pitched, yeah I think that might've been the wrong word to say. Its just Lana's attitude combined with that generic genki anime voice made me think that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lana's fighting style really makes me want to see Yuga in the game. He's not too likely to show up, but I bet they could do some really awesome stuff with his painting magic.

Eh, it's always nice to experiment with previously taboo things for the series and see what works. Mario strayed into apocalyptic territory in 2 RPGs and one main 3D game, and everyone loves them for it. Zelda having an anime girl is just fine. It's only ever a problem if that new angle eventually becomes the face of the series.

Nice to see Lana uses blocks in some of her attacks though. Blocks are such a staple in Zelda's puzzle solving dynamic that I was worried it'd be lost in the shuffle.

Lana's fighting style really makes me want to see Yuga in the game. He's not too likely to show up, but I bet they could do some really awesome stuff with his painting magic.

Yuga does have a 3D model, he might not be too hard to incorporate and he was very recent. They'd have to scale up his model and redesign him slightly to fit, naturally. Of course, the main problem is how recent the game is; if he wasn't finalized early enough for LBW, he probably won't make it because of that.

Eh, it's always nice to experiment with previously taboo things for the series and see what works. Mario strayed into apocalyptic territory in 2 RPGs and one main 3D game, and everyone loves them for it. Zelda having an anime girl is just fine. It's only ever a problem if that new angle eventually becomes the face of the series.

Innovation for innovation's sake isn't really anything to get excited for either. The Paper Mario games naturally led themselves to those apocalyptic settings, not because the series just hadn't done that before, but because such a thing bolstered the story. Innovation, ideally, ought to come from vision. To put it another way, games are more an art and less a science. It's a genre that doesn't just throw things out to see what happens, but where innovation is used as a tool to make a better piece when it's needed. Zelda doesn't need generic animé girls anymore than Paper Mario does, and there's no reason to assume that the series will be better for just having some new element. Lana Croft may end up being an excellent character, but if she does, it's because she's written well, not because she's new.

...um, that was more me thinking aloud than me trying to berate you, comrade. Sometimes I'm lightly prodded and a novel-worth of crap comes spilling out. My apologies. ^ v ^;

So hey, Hyrule Warriors is at Japan Expo, and apparently this person played it.

Not a lot said, but still some good highlights.

• Online and offline co-op
  • more classic characters(OoT characters especially?)
  • unlock things by leveling up the characters

Not the most amazing, unpredictable things to confirm, but still nice to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

So hey, Hyrule Warriors is at Japan Expo, and apparently this person played it.

Not a lot said, but still some good highlights.

• Online and offline co-op
  • more classic characters(OoT characters especially?)
  • unlock things by leveling up the characters

Not the most amazing, unpredictable things to confirm, but still nice to see.

That's great. I was hoping some level of Online would be available for the game. I was almost doubtful there would be anything, but rock on that we get some.

Not a big enthusiast of the Dynasty Warriors formula, although the idea of online co-op is rather exciting. I might pick this up one day just because I'm a huge Zelda fan. The character roster is bound to be great from the looks of it.

It'll at least be neat to see characters from games other than Twilight Princess.

It'll at least be neat to see characters from games other than Twilight Princess.

I'd be surprised if we didn't.

I'm hoping for Malon or Groose myself.

I'd be surprised if we didn't. Frankly there's only really one character I want, and considering the moveset potential I think she's fairly likely, but I'm not going to get too excited until she's confirmed...

Online play, huh? Great! Warriors games are kind of hit and miss with that, some of them don't have online for baffling reasons.

Man, if they can make freaking Agatha a playable character, there's really no stopping them from doing Malon. Really wonder what they'd have in store for her if she was available.

Man, if they can make freaking Agatha a playable character, there's really no stopping them from doing Malon. Really wonder what they'd have in store for her if she was available.

Or Saria. biggrin.png

Truly Malon is probably the best pick for a non-main character, because Malon or a variation of Malon has appeared in 4-6 different games. I can count four off the to of my head; Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time (technically Malon was based on Marin), Majora's Mask, and Four Swords Adventures. I'm pretty sure Malon appeared in other games too, but I don't recall. (Notably, the dreaded Tingle RPG has a location called "Lon Lon Meadows," although I don't think Malon actually appears.)

So yeah, I'd be surprised if Malon WASN'T in this game, and I think she'd probably be a mounted unit. My guess would be a whip and bow. A whip because she's a rancher, and it would fit her if she uses a whip to herd cattle, she could potentially use that as a weapon. And a bow for backup, which is also based on Romani.

EDIT: Malon is also in Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap. That makes FOUR games Malon has appeared in, and two where there's a similar character.

She should have the ability to summon hordes of horses. XD

Skull Kid for Hyrule Warriors 2k14.

Would he hit baddies with his flute or something?

Would he hit baddies with his flute or something?

I'd assume he's wearing the Majora's Mask, so he'd do crazy attacks like what you see in MM's final boss. The Moon is obviously a thing, and nature based magic would be cool using the flute or something along the lines.

Tingle will obviously be based on his toon persona and kill his opponents by forcing them to pay him massive amounts of Rupees or die.

You know, I don't think I've seen anyone mention Fierce Diety Link in this topic. It'd be awesome as a skin or playable character. :)

There's lots of stuff they could take from all three of Skull Kid's appearances. He could do plenty of nature-based attacks and shoot poison darts if they just want to draw from his Ocarina of Time appearance, along with all of the magic he does in Majora's Mask (transforming people, floating, calling down the moon, just generally causing havoc) and the puppet-master stuff from Twilight Princess. Not to mention all the shit Majora's Mask did in its boss fight, and all the different items from the games they could draw from.

Stop ruining my hopes and dreams by insisting that Skull Kid use a nature-based moveset. :P He's got plenty to go on his own without him using nature powers. (That's Saria's job as the Forest Sage. :D)

EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY AAAAAAAAAAAA EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY AHAHAHAHAHA EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY EY

Do the testers seriously play stuff like this and actually say "gee wizz there's no way this could get annoying whatsoever"?

• Thumbs Up 7