Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

If there's anyone who isn't excited by the prospect of figure-skating bad guys to death as a magic sword-lady, there's a 0.01% chance we can still be friends. You might say the batteries in our friendship are nearly depleted, duh huh huh.

Although the most exciting thing about Fi possibly being in the game is that if somebody from Skyward Sword (other than Impa, sort of) shows up, it seems a little more likely that Groose might make it in. Fingers crossed.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Master Sword is a playable character now. That's pretty rad.

If there's anyone who isn't excited by the prospect of figure-skating bad guys to death as a magic sword-lady, there's a 0.01% chance we can still be friends. You might say the batteries in our friendship are nearly depleted, duh huh huh.

Although the most exciting thing about Fi possibly being in the game is that if somebody from Skyward Sword (other than Impa, sort of) shows up, it seems a little more likely that Groose might make it in. Fingers crossed.

Fi's ok. Btw I pretty much figured Groose was a guarantee for some time now already.

Why is everyone mentioning Fi even though there's no information about who the character is?

Why is everyone mentioning Fi even though there's no information about who the character is?

"Master, there is a 98% chance of a new Hyrule Warriors character being revealed in next week's Famitsu."

I just watched all the chara trailers and I think I'm pretty sold on getting this game. Looks like a lot of fun.

Any important news I should know about?

I heard there was online co-op. Or was it just local? I can't remember.

I just watched all the chara trailers and I think I'm pretty sold on getting this game. Looks like a lot of fun.

Any important news I should know about?

I heard there was online co-op. Or was it just local? I can't remember.

Online and local co-op is in, yes. Also, in standard Dynasty Warriors fashion, you can upgrade your characters and their equipment. That's about it. They haven't really announced much so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it funny that the stuff I clarified got ignored because the new page happened shortly after, so what I said got reiterated by others. tongue.png

But to talk about something new/different that I hadn't talked about yet, I watched the Japanese trailer for Midna. She looks fun

, and I love how her Musou Attack is her Fused Shadow Spider form

Honestly, all the characters look fun to play as, but am I the only one who finds all the character voices strange so far? Lana and Agitha seemingly sound annoying, Zelda and Midna sound off. It's clear they're not using the normal VAs for any of the characters, even Link sounds off. Generally, they all sound more blatantly Japanese, whereas in the past it's been more ambiguous (I know they've pretty much always been Japanese VAs, but they didn't "sound" blatantly so to me in the past).

Guys, Famitsu has a surprise! After some incredibly subtle hinting, Fi has been confirmed for Hyrule Warriors!

But that's not all! Link and Zelda will have alternate costumes from Skyward Sword!

But that's still not all! The Ball & Chain from Twilight Princess has been confirmed as an item!

BsAp9hlCMAEqmXs.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/08056716.html

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys, Famitsu has a surprise! After some incredibly subtle hinting, Fi has been confirmed for Hyrule Warriors!

But that's not all! Link and Zelda will have alternate costumes from Skyward Sword!

But that's still not all! The Ball & Chain from Twilight Princess has been confirmed as an item!

BsAp9hlCMAEqmXs.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/08056716.html

That's some pretty sweet news. Can't say I was hoping Fi would make it in (I actually kinda like her, I just wanted Groose more), but I'm sure she'll have a fun moveset at the very least. The SS costumes look good, too.

It's cool to see the Ball & Chain again. Not sure why, but I always liked that item despite it's general useless-ness both in and out of battle. Hopefully they give us a reason to use it more than twice in this game.

Saw this on Gaf: Girahim and the Imprisoned will also be villains in this. And there'll be some sort of character growth. I Google translated the article and got this:

Such as the mechanism of enhancement of the character also found

And Nintendo's "Legend of Zelda" series, Koei Tecmo Games "Warriors" series played a collaboration "Zelda Warriors". The Weekly Famitsu released July 10, 2014, and has published over four pages of the latest information "Zelda Warriors". This time, it continues to the world of "Twilight Princess", witch shear black, are calling also the world of "Skyward Sword" is found! And that the file that along with it, from "Skyward Sword", he served as navigator of a link in the same work is applied as an operational character, that it appeared Ya Girahimu the "servants are sealed" as an enemy character also has become clear you. In addition, the mechanism of growth of the character is also published. Attention information because it is jostling this time, please have a look.

So it sounds like it's true.

Aaaah omg yes! Fi and my favourite Zelda design! *u* I can't be sad about this, SS Link is always cute too.

So that Japanese article implies that Ghirahim will be a boss and not necessarily playable? Makes sense, I guess.. it'd suck if Ghirahim wasn't playable, but if he's already a villain maybe it'll heighten Groose's chances C:

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE GROOSE.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly wouldn't make sense to me if Ghirahim wasn't playable in a game unless villains in general aren't playable.

And yeah given those obvious hints, it was pretty easy to see Fi coming in.

I feel like the only person in existence who didn't care much for Groose to begin with, and still doesn't now...

So Fi is playable! Well personally I don't mind too much since the only reason I disliked Fi was because of her constantly interrupting your gameplay. I like her design and I'm interested to see how she's going to fight in this game.

Honestly, all the characters look fun to play as, but am I the only one who finds all the character voices strange so far? Lana and Agitha seemingly sound annoying, Zelda and Midna sound off. It's clear they're not using the normal VAs for any of the characters, even Link sounds off. Generally, they all sound more blatantly Japanese, whereas in the past it's been more ambiguous (I know they've pretty much always been Japanese VAs, but they didn't "sound" blatantly so to me in the past).

I always thought the characters sounded Japanese, ever since OoT introduced voices. Hell in Wind Waker they actually say Japanese things like "Yatta" and "Hoi" so I don't have a problem with anyone in Hyrule Warriors sounding more Japanese!

I think the problem is the voices sound off because...well, they just sound different, not because they "sound more Japanese" (whatever that means). Also, keep in mind that some games have off voice clips in previews and early builds that are fixed by the time the game is released, so it's not really something to be too concerned about.

I think one thing people have to keep in mind is that most of us were much younger or kids when we played a lot of the more Japanese Zelda games. Voices in OoT, WW, etc, didn't sound Japanese to us when we first played them because we weren't really aware of the concept of voices "sounding Japanese" in the first place.

My friend has been playing TP again recently. And he spoke to Agitha, and my god her voices and mannerisms are anime as fuck. Same goes for some of the NPCs in the N64 games. I never noticed it when I was younger, because I wasn't aware there was anything to notice.

But 3D Zeldas have always been pretty "Japanese" or "anime" or whatever. There's more of it in Hyrule Warriors, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's out of character or non-Zelda-y. There are just a lot more voice clips for attacking when in the past we've only had battle voice clips for Link which are actually really Japanese sounding to begin with. Again, probably people just don't notice it because they're so used to Link's voice, but if you play, say, King of Fighters, and play as Joe (who has the same VA as Link), it makes you realise how "Japanese" Link sounds :v

SOo what I'm trying to say I guess is that Hyrule Warriors is pretty in line with the rest of the Zelda series, it having more voice clips is just highlighting something about the series that's always been there. Imo.

• Thumbs Up 5

Fi looks cool, and OMG BALL AND CHAIN, I loved that thing. Those costumes look nice too. I can't wait to get this game.

Cool new reveals and stuff even though I don't care much about Fi but sorry I think this every time and just have to get it out.

Are scanners in Japan the size of cellphones or do all these first looks just come from the actual people who make the magazine and are basically posted as a preview ("buy the magazine to read it/see the screenshots up close" etc)?

This specific scan is just a preview from Famitsu themselves.

Though, I've noticed that Japanese magazine scans are usually small, low quality and don't show the whole page. Strange for a country where cell phones are so popular xP

I think the problem is the voices sound off because...well, they just sound different, not because they "sound more Japanese" (whatever that means). Also, keep in mind that some games have off voice clips in previews and early builds that are fixed by the time the game is released, so it's not really something to be too concerned about.

It means they sound to me like generically Japanese anime characters (ESPECIALLY Lana, though she's a new character, so she doesn't have a "more recognizable voice" excuse for her to sound weird to me) rather than Zelda characters. And like I said, it sounded more ambiguous to me in the past, like OoT Link "could" be something other than Japanese, even if the VA explicitly was Japanese. Japanese sounds distinct from other languages, and of course, it gives you an accent as well, as technically every language has its own accents. All I'm saying is that it feels more noticeable here than ever before. At the very least, regardless of "sounding different) (which isn't inherently a bad thing), to me they sound outright "unfitting" of the characters in some cases.

Anyways, enough of that, because seemingly I'm crazy and the only one who hears/is bothered by that (though a friend of mine agrees with me), I'd like to say: I CALLED IT. Even though it was pretty obvious with the 98% chance thing, Fi is fully confirmed, and quicker than I'd thought she'd be. I wonder if she'll be the only SS rep (I'm not counting alternate costumes for Link and Zelda).

Edited by Shade Vortex

This game has a lot of playable characters.

I kinda wonder how all of this is going to work out. Are they going to be working together or something?