Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Honestly, when a character like Agitha becomes playable nobody else is going to be a surprise.

I've gone off this game. The anime-ness of it is really unappealing. I know people are saying that it's not really much more Japanese than any other Zelda game, but it's more than enough for me. From the voice clips to character designs (looking at Lana, Cia and even Link himself), I'm not liking what I see. The gameplay still does look fun, but it'll be a hard sell.

It's kind of saddening that people are willing to write this off because of how "anime" it looks, especially since it looks like it'll be fun to play at least.

To each their own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 5

How does Link look any more anime in this than he usually does.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's cute that they referenced Fi's total disregard for Link's personal space. It seems like they've really got a handle on the little details.

The ball and chain seems like fun too; it was too cool of an idea for an item to only appear once.

...y'know, if we're going to get a bunch of weird, one-hit-wonder items as weapons, I'd love to see the Mole Mitts from Minish Cap (or I guess the Mogma Mitts from Skyward Sword) as some kind of super Wolverine claws.

All of Fi's attacks come out of her mouth.

"You have a 100% chance of death"

Don't a good chunk of Zelda games usually have an anime look/feel to them anyway? Or at least the artwork?

Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but if that really was the case, I'd have disown Zelda awhile ago especially with Link being the prettiest looking character in almost every Zelda game.

(Though at the same time I probably wouldn't disown it anyway because my standards are...kind of different)

Yeah I don't get the "too anime" complaints.  Style-wise this is no different from OoT, it just has more polygons so soft-faced characters are... actually soft-faced for the first time.

In terms of grunting, the characters sound no more Japanese than Link himself does - again you're just hearing it a lot more often with a lot more characters and because they decided to have more vocal work for attacks, unlike Link who usually only yells during big attacks.

Like... that's literally all there is to it.

This game has a lot of playable characters.
I kinda wonder how all of this is going to work out. Are they going to be working together or something?

I'm not familiar with Dynasty Warriors, but I think this is the kind of game where you choose whichever character you like for each level, or play as one character all the way through and then can play the same content again as different characters for replay value.

• Thumbs Up 2

Everything was anime girls. Though that makes sense because a lot of the popular new Zelda characters these past few games are female. 

I want some Groose action. Or fuck, at least some Tingle action. 

Honestly, when a character like Agitha becomes playable nobody else is going to be a surprise.

I've gone off this game. The anime-ness of it is really unappealing. I know people are saying that it's not really much more Japanese than any other Zelda game, but it's more than enough for me. From the voice clips to character designs (looking at Lana, Cia and even Link himself), I'm not liking what I see. The gameplay still does look fun, but it'll be a hard sell.

So you don't want to play this game now because it's too "anime?" Okay...

But the Zelda games have always had that anime/manga look and design, since the very beginning in fact if you look up Legend of Zelda concept art. What about Wind Waker with it's obvious kawaii art style and big, expressive eyes? And Midna with her tsundere personality? What.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not surprised about Ghirahim being in the game, and yeah, I'm pretty sure the villains will be playable. The Imprisoned isn't likely to be playable, though. Those large bosses won't be mostlikely, but the Imprisoned is the perfect fit for a stage boss while Ghirahim would fit an "enemy general."

EDIT:

This whole BS about the game being too anime is shit. Zelda games have ALWAYS had an anime look to them.

Well to be honest, it's never been this "generic" Japanese. There was always a twinge of uniqueness to each Zelda game that set it's style apart from the usual anime style, both vocally and visually.

Lana's the only part of the game that I'd consider "generic anime". The rest all feels pretty much like Zelda.

e: Well Cia's not quite typical Zelda either I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well to be honest, it's never been this "generic" Japanese. There was always a twinge of uniqueness to each Zelda game that set it's style apart from the usual anime style, both vocally and visually.

Two characters that are " generic anime" and suddenly the entire game is like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Two characters that are " generic anime" and suddenly the entire game is like that?

Not necessarily the art style this time; mostly vocally. I really don't like the usage of actual Japanese onomotopia like, "sore". It just breaks the immersion. 

Not necessarily the art style this time; mostly vocally. I really don't like the usage of actual Japanese onomotopia like, "sore". It just breaks the immersion. 

But Zelda games have always had battle cries like that :S

what exactly do you think this is

"Seiya" "toiya" "teya", the whole works! Plus I'm like 90% sure that Link has said "sore" at least once in the series. The only difference this time is that we're hearing characters besides Link (and a lot of girl characters) saying them.

Link has always had battle cries. Its nothing new. The only thing this time is that we have other characters that have similar battle cries. Nothing new. Exactly as SuperLink said.

• Thumbs Up 1

Link has always had battle cries. Its nothing new. The only thing this time is that we have other characters that have similar battle cries. Nothing new. Exactly as SuperLink said.

I don't recall a specific Japanese onomontopia aside from one, "Doriya" (or maybe it was toriya) from Twilight Princess and even then, it was one. I also don't count Soul Calibur.

I don't recall a specific Japanese onomontopia aside from one, "Doriya" (or maybe it was toriya) from Twilight Princess and even then, it was one. I also don't count Soul Calibur.

All of Link's voice clips are from existing games, mainly Ocarina of Time. I don't think any of those Soul Calibur clips were created specifically for Soul Calibur.

All of Link's voice clips are from existing games, mainly Ocarina of Time. I don't think any of those Soul Calibur clips were created specifically for Soul Calibur.

Go figure. Then maybe it was the crappy audio quality of the N64 that made it hard to distinguish originally. I take back what I said then.

"tah" "huht" "syeat" "teyeaagh" 

"oreyaa!" "deyaa" "tyeah" "toh" "toriyaa" 

Skyward Sword also has a bunch

It's just like I said before;

in the past we've only had battle voice clips for Link which are actually really Japanese sounding to begin with. Again, probably people just don't notice it because they're so used to Link's voice, but if you play, say, King of Fighters, and play as Joe (who has the same VA as Link), it makes you realise how "Japanese" Link sounds :v

• Thumbs Up 1

I see where you're coming from now. And I actually have heard Joe now. Link is very toned down on the Japanese onomotopia compared to him though; at least. He seems to have this subtler way of delivering it in Ocarina of Time compared to the huge emphasis on them in KoF. But that's just an observation.

WW Link definitely has that huge emphasis on the Japanese onomotopia though. 

And never forgetting...

Nyyyyaaaa~

(I'm hoping Miyamoto recorded that take)

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been playing Spirit Tracks again, and Zelda literally shouted "iyaaaa" when she found out what Cole was going to do with her body...

• Thumbs Up 1

There's like... a billion characters in this game.

If you really despise a certain character, you never have to play as them. Play as Link or Zelda.

• Thumbs Up 4

There's like... a billion characters in this game.

If you really despise a certain character, you never have to play as them. Play as Link or Zelda.

This, really. Although a "billion" is a bit excessive.