Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

From what we can tell Midna starts out as an antagonist in this game as well, though, and later turns to Link's side, at which point she becomes playable. I doubt they'd include the evil, mind-controlled Skull Kid and not have him join the good guys later, since that would be kind of depressing, if nothing else.

What exactly would Skull Kid do at that point when he turns good though? He wouldn't have the Mask and it's powers anymore.

BTW, has the Agitha trailer been posted yet? 

• Thumbs Up 1

He'd be able to do plenty wihtout the mask, but in all reality they'd probably just handwave it as him learning to "control" it or whatever. It's not like consistency is all that important in this game to begin with, what with characters apparently being able to summon the moon from Termina on a whim.

He was a prankster even before finding the mask, they could probably come up with some moves based off that theme. Or base his abilities off the Skull Kid from TP; whether or not it's the same guy, it's still a Skull Kid, so I don't think anyone would mind. Maybe do something with the cooperation of the two fairies. Maybe have one of the giants come in and stomp on some guys for his most powerful special move.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was a prankster even before finding the mask, they could probably come up with some moves based off that theme. Or base his abilities off the Skull Kid from TP; whether or not it's the same guy, it's still a Skull Kid, so I don't think anyone would mind. Maybe do something with the cooperation of the two fairies. Maybe have one of the giants come in and stomp on some guys for his most powerful special move.

I guess I could see the use of the two fairies and having some loose inspiration from TP Skull Kid.

Maybe they could incorporate some of the masks found throughout MM into his moveset or something.

Having Tatl and Tael beat up the enemies while Skull Kid watches a few feet away giggling would admittedly be pretty entertaining.

He could also use deku nuts and other such items from the games, and he can shoot poison darts in OOT as well. The two skull kids in the lost woods who play the song memorization game could also warp or some shit, which I think would suit the "trickster" sort of playstyle.

Having played some previous Dynasty/Samurai warriors games, I can't imagine this game will be very interesting at all.

If repetitious pressing of the attack button followed by the same five or so canned finishers over and over and over again won't get old for you, then it might not be so bad. However, I've found that fighting enemies in Warriors games have all the sense of ferocity and impact as scattering dry leaves into the air.

We'll see how this turns out, but I recommend not getting too anxious. Tecmo has a bad habit of stagnation when it comes to the Warriors franchise.

If I like a game series like Kingdom Hearts, which many people seem to say is a button masher, would I like this style of gameplay?

Warriors games are good in moderation. Because of how little they change between titles, it's best to not take too many at a time. 

I've said before and I'll say again, but I have a worry that they'll just focus on Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess fanservice because they're more modern and therefore the assets would be easier to reuse or retool.

On the other hand, as much as it upsets me, I think characters from handheld Zeldas are really unlikely cause it would mean putting them in 3D for the first time and I dunno.. the idea is too good to be true, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. As much as literally any character from the Oracle games would make me beyond hype.. it just doesn't feel like something they'll do.

We've got PLENTY of Ocarina of Time enemies, too. I think we'll get focus on the 3D Zelda's in general. So far we don't know about Wind Waker stuff... they might be ignored for now due to the art style, same goes for the 2D Zeldas. However, focusing on just Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess? We already know this is false. I'd be surprised if we don't get characters from OOT and MM.

Only reason I'm saying I don't see it happening is cause he's a villain(technically), and most people seem to be getting the idea that villains won't be playable, but bosses instead.

I'm pretty sure the human-sized enemies will be playable. They already have full movesets and everything. The large boss-like enemies? Probably not.

Warriors games are good in moderation. Because of how little they change between titles, it's best to not take too many at a time. 

Since regular Warriors games don't interest me that much, this should be ok for me. I tend not to care for hack and slash gameplay due to repitition, but sometimes they're ok. I don't care for Kingdom Hearts too much because it feels more repetitive. KH2 was better in that regard. That's why I don't care for action-based RPG's as much in general; to much button mashing, not enough strategy.

I hope I don't get bored of this game, I really don't. I mainly want it due to the ability to play as other Zelda characters. And hey, if I only get these games once and a while it shouldn't be too bad.

Here's the translation of those scans:

Can shop between battles 
- Shopping area includes at least training room, potion shop, badge shop and junk shop 
- Junk shop will be introduced in a later magazine 
- In training shop you can pay rupees to level up your character 
- Characters also level up through normal gameplay 
- Potions are one time use only and cause special effect during a battle 
- It seems that one potion makes easier to obtain weapons (not entirely clear) 
- Badge shop uses rupees and raw materials to buy permanent badges 
- Raw materials are obtained from killing monsters and monsters have unique loot as well as some rare drops. Enemies also drop rupees 
- One badge makes weak spot gauge to fill up faster 
- Badge shop interface seems like a tree of sorts so I guess you have to make badges in a certain order, no word about it though 
- You can see from stage select menu if a stage has heart containers or pieces to collect but you may need to use a certain character to get them 
- Heart container/pieces work pretty much like in any Zelda game - You may also obtain a power up bow from a chest 
- The bow makes weak spot gauge to last longer and can attack multiple enemies from afar - Fi moves by floating midair, can transform into a sword to slash enemies 
- Link meets Fi in the Skyloft’s Goddess’ temple 
- Ghirahim fights with magical swords, can summon enemies and change place in an instant, likes to toy with his enemies 
- The imprisoned is tall as a mountain and emits damaging waves when it steps 
- Cia twists space-time to summon forth areas from Skyward sword, e.g. Skyloft and Sealed grounds as pictured 
- Pumpkin island is crashed with Skyloft as pictured

Here's the translation of those scans:

YES, EXCELLENT! That's EXACTLY what I was expecting! Now we have confirmation that space-time rifts are opened up to different parts of Zelda history, which is what allows these areas to work together simultaneously. It also means that Fi is from the past as should be the case. She's technically in Link's Master Sword, but she's sealed forever; so the only way for her to be playable is to go into the past.

Whew, I was hoping they'd handle it this way. Ok, my fears have been lifted a bit. Shopping sounds cool, and I'm hoping we get to see some OOT/MM characters soon. Sounds like weapons may be upgradeable, as well. For example, Link has the "Sword and Shield," and any Sword and Shield he gets uses the same moveset. It is possible that Link could have a separate moveset for the Master Sword, though, so it acts as a separate weapon. I kinda doubt that'd be the case, but we'll see.

Anyway, this makes me happy. Thanks for posting that. ^^

We'll see how this turns out, but I recommend not getting too anxious. Tecmo has a bad habit of stagnation when it comes to the Warriors franchise.

We already know it's not gonna play like a standard Warriors game. Z-Targeting is in and works just like it does in Zelda games, allowing you to side-step and roll. Combine that with the items you can get like the bombs and hookshot and the harder difficulties, and I think it'll turn out way more strategic than the standard Warriors game.

YES, EXCELLENT! That's EXACTLY what I was expecting! Now we have confirmation that space-time rifts are opened up to different parts of Zelda history, which is what allows these areas to work together simultaneously. It also means that Fi is from the past as should be the case. She's technically in Link's Master Sword, but she's sealed forever; so the only way for her to be playable is to go into the past.

Whew, I was hoping they'd handle it this way. Ok, my fears have been lifted a bit. Shopping sounds cool, and I'm hoping we get to see some OOT/MM characters soon. Sounds like weapons may be upgradeable, as well. For example, Link has the "Sword and Shield," and any Sword and Shield he gets uses the same moveset. It is possible that Link could have a separate moveset for the Master Sword, though, so it acts as a separate weapon. I kinda doubt that'd be the case, but we'll see.

Anyway, this makes me happy. Thanks for posting that. ^^

Judging from the scan, she's even using her Goddess Sword form.

...Yeesh, at least use the Goddess White Sword instead of her weakest form if you don't want her to be the (True) Master Sword.

Hopefully she'll change with upgrades.

• Thumbs Up 1

Judging from the scan, she's even using her Goddess Sword form.

...Yeesh, at least use the Goddess White Sword instead of her weakest form if you don't want her to be the (True) Master Sword.

Hopefully she'll change with upgrades.

Yeah, my guess is she will be able to be upgraded. Although I'm not sure how Fi will have any alternate weapons at this rate. She IS a weapon. The harp, maybe? I dunno...

Anything new about that Wind Waker? Someone on BitF translated that scan, and said the Wind Waker is a weapon for Zelda.

Yeah, my guess is she will be able to be upgraded. Although I'm not sure how Fi will have any alternate weapons at this rate. She IS a weapon. The harp, maybe? I dunno...

I'm not sure how she could, with no arms and all.

I'd like for them to incoporate her creepy singing.

They can push creative limits and have Fi use fire bursts like it does when powering up the Goddess Sword when Link finds the three Sacred flames. It can also use an Area of Effect attack using the lighted petals it makes when it sings in tune with Link playing the Ballad of the Goddess at Silent Realm portals. Hell, have it perform Skyward Strikes.

More translations.

•No indication as to whether or not Ghirahim is playable yet; the description in Famitsu could be be about his boss moves or character outline as general

•If Link uses Power gloves and drops off ball & chain, he can lift pillars, jars or even enemies

•With the legendary baton from Wind waker, Zelda can command winds and fight by playing songs

•You can blow enemies away with wind or the sound can turn into lightning bolts

•You can also summon tornados to snatch enemies away

•After you select a character for a stage you select the weapon

•You can’t change weapons in battle

•Weapons differ a lot from each other and it is part of the fun to test which one suits you

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/10/heres-some-new-hyrule-warriors-details/ <-- Source.

• Thumbs Up 1

We already know it's not gonna play like a standard Warriors game. Z-Targeting is in and works just like it does in Zelda games, allowing you to side-step and roll. Combine that with the items you can get like the bombs and hookshot and the harder difficulties, and I think it'll turn out way more strategic than the standard Warriors game.

Yeah, that's true, it'll feel a lot closer to Zelda so it'll be more right at home. This should still turn out quite well. Honestly this makes me excited for a potential Fire Emblem Warriors game, too. I'm sure they'd be able to handle it very well. In fact, it'd probably be easier to make a huge cast of characters because all characters would be class-based, and the types of weapons are set in stone. They can add some strategy elements to it, as well, by allowing you to switch weapons during battle to combat certain types of foes.

It could be interesting if it played out that way, but obviously Zelda is the better pick for a Nintendo > Dynasty Warriors mixup. Plus, Fire Emblem already has a spinoff/crossover in development right now. Maybe Techmo Koei can do a Fire Emblem one next, though, that'd be quite cool to see.

I'm not sure how she could, with no arms and all.

I'd like for them to incoporate her creepy singing.

Oh, right. In that case, Harp for either Ruto or as another weapon for Zelda.

They can push creative limits and have Fi use fire bursts like it does when powering up the Goddess Sword when Link finds the three Sacred flames. It can also use an Area of Effect attack using the lighted petals it makes when it sings in tune with Link playing the Ballad of the Goddess at Silent Realm portals. Hell, have it perform Skyward Strikes.

Oh, forgot Fi didn't have arms. Yeah, that's about all I can think of. They'd have to incorporate different forms of her as her "alternate weapons."

Cool, thanks for that, so Wind Waker is confirmed as a weapon for Zelda.

Cia twists space-time to summon forth areas from Skyward sword, e.g. Skyloft and Sealed grounds as pictured

I guess this game really is Zelda Generations.

So...the Wind Waker is exclusive to Zelda? Tetra costume confirmed? :P

I guess this game really is Zelda Generations.

So...the Wind Waker is exclusive to Zelda? Tetra costume confirmed? tongue.png

That's what I'm guessing. A Tetra outfit would be quite neat. Which means we may get some WW costumes after all, MAYBE even some characters. That's more questionable, but my guess is, at the rate we're going, we'll get WW characters in the next updates.

The targetting is certainly a nice touch, and a godsend for dealing with enemy officers, but I've noticed a bit of combo repetition from what I've seen of the different character demonstrations. We'll have to see if those extra items add enough variety to the mix. I just have a bad feeling that there's going to be too much of that standard mindnumbing warriors gameplay with this one.

Good to see Ghirahim still being Ghirahim.

nBrI25x.png?1?4730

This pleases me.

I'm kind of concerned about this game mainly being a Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword fest, but I guess I'll wait and see. I was honestly hoping to see the likes of Skull Kid, the 7 sages, and Sheik. I wouldn't even be too bothered if they skipped out on Wind Waker for the most part, but I need my N64 Zelda references damn it. >:U

Good to see Ghirahim still being Ghirahim.

nBrI25x.png?1?4730

This pleases me.

I'm kind of concerned about this game mainly being a Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword fest, but I guess I'll wait and see. I was honestly hoping to see the likes of Skull Kid, the 7 sages, and Sheik. I wouldn't even be too bothered if they skipped out on Wind Waker for the most part, but I need my N64 Zelda references damn it. >:U

We'll still get OOT characters. We have enemies from MM/OOT, TP, and SS. I'd say the playable characters we're getting will be from those games, but there will be references to other games as well. Since it is likely we're only getting from the non-Toon 3D games, that actually greatly increases getting all Seven Sages from OOT, Groose, Malon, and the Four Adventurers from TP. But we'll see; its POSSIBLE we might get 2D characters, but I doubt it at this point.

However, the notion that we're only getting SS/OOT characters is ridiculous. We already have OOT/MM enemies anyway. I think they're saving the best for last.

As for Sheik, though, I don't think we'll get Sheik as a separate character. If anything, Sheik will be a costume for Zelda, and Zelda will get daggers as an alternate weapon as her "Sheik" moveset. (Its also possible Impa can get daggers or a short sword as alternate weapons as nods to her past titles.)

Also, we've already got two of the Seven Sages anyway, keep that in mind. And since Rauru is basically Gaepora, he may be represented by Gaepora instead as a playable character, which leaves Nabooru, Saria, Ruto, and Darunia. We don't have any alternate races as playable characters yet, so I'd say they're all guaranteed pretty much.