Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Who cares about Tingle?

Everyone knows the real star is David Jr.

David_Jr.png

Fuck yeah, slave labour!

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't really care for Tingle at all to be honest. I don't like him, I don't hate him - he's just eh.

Do people in the west REALLY actually LOATHE Tingle?  Coz I genuinely thought hating Tingle was just a big joke everyone was in on.  Like he's the weird character you just love to hate.

It used to be a thing. The hatred for Tingle was mostly inspired by Wind Waker and how you had to go through his ridiculous prices. Then came Four Swords Adventures where he was an outright thief as well. Combine this with how freaky he was, and the hate was real. 

Though, since he hasn't appeared as a hindrance in modern Zelda games for a long time, the hatred has died down into a "love to hate" variety. 

One of the most adorable looking Zelda designs ever holding up a heart

5phAiSJ.jpg

TOO MUCH CUTENESS IN ONE PICTURE TO HANDLE

FOR THE LOVE OF NAYRU SOMEBODY USE THIS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

• Thumbs Up 3

It used to be a thing. The hatred for Tingle was mostly inspired by Wind Waker and how you had to go through his ridiculous prices. Then came Four Swords Adventures where he was an outright thief as well. Combine this with how freaky he was, and the hate was real. 

Though, since he hasn't appeared as a hindrance in modern Zelda games for a long time, the hatred has died down into a "love to hate" variety. 

The thing with Tingle is he's creepy as hell. Just the way he looks and acts... ugh...

It's been so long since Tingle was even in anything (unless you count Wind Waker HD, I guess) that I can't imagine any reasonable person in 2014 caring about his inclusion in a silly spin-off, even if they genuinely loathed him back in the day.

I mean, there are tons of characters I'd rather see, but that's because I like them better, not because I dislike Tingle particularly. I don't think I'd play as him much if he made it in, but I could appreciate a well-done Tingle moveset with a bunch of fun references.

We we get a roster of about 20, Tingle's inclusion isn't that bad. Its basically the same thing with Agitha. But if we've got a small roster, then the inclusion of Tingle and Agitha will piss a lot of people off. (That said I think Agitha basically proves the roster will be higher than some people are saying, at least 18 at this point.)

I think the fact that characters have multiple weapons would probably help alleviate any problems you'd have with a small roster size - a lot of the alternate weapons are essentially wholly different playstyles anyway, so you're getting just as much variety one way or another.

Behold, the new artwork posted on the Zelda UK Facebook page! (alright, I know they're not all "new" as such but some weren't individual like this before)

First up, Skyward Sword stuff:

10479141_505995372866731_427910948028905

10525993_665466686861402_138927059776469

10463054_665466673528070_648994331094423

1910006_505995382866730_6239406186126531

10489759_505995369533398_256825819735183

Then Link looking a bit herp-a-derpy with a mahoosiv ball and chain:

10509502_505995392866729_315567442073926

And to finish, arguably the most adorable Zelda render I have ever seen:

10418444_505995389533396_749409233975518

Hyrule Warriors Zelda confirmed for best waifu

• Thumbs Up 9

Lol Link does look a bit derp in that ball and chain picture. XD But I like his SS look, and especially Zelda's SS look!

Ahhhh that last picture of Zelda with the Wind Waker is adorable. <3

Does that last pic of Zelda confirm the existence of WW stuff in game now? IIRC nothing from Wind Waker has been shown yet right?

Does that last pic of Zelda confirm the existence of WW stuff in game now? IIRC nothing from Wind Waker has been shown yet right?

Some people reckon that Wind Waker is gonna get rep via items and attacks instead of characters since characters might be hard to implement in this visual style. Who knows.. we've been surprised before, so we'll probably continue to be surprised.

I can, that's a lot of fucking teeth. I also like the 'feathers' all over the body. If anything, the 'muppet' look just makes it look more alien and unnerving.

Edit: Of course, The Imprisoned practically confirms Demise's return, and Ganondorf is pretty much confirmed as well, so... I can only imagine what'll happen when they meet.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing terrifying about the Imprisoned is what happens when you don't beat it in time.

Man, that was an unnerving moment when I saw it.

What, you mean this?

Dude I was frantically searching for this hoping it'd be a gruesome bloodbath.

Overhype of the century.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course, The Imprisoned practically confirms Demise's return, and Ganondorf is pretty much confirmed as well, so... I can only imagine what'll happen when they meet.

Demise: "Ganondorf... I am your father! (in a manner of speaking)"

Ganondorf: "DADDY!"

I can, that's a lot of fucking teeth. I also like the 'feathers' all over the body. If anything, the 'muppet' look just makes it look more alien and unnerving.

Edit: Of course, The Imprisoned practically confirms Demise's return, and Ganondorf is pretty much confirmed as well, so... I can only imagine what'll happen when they meet.

I'm not so sure on this. Demise wasn't particularly liked by most and Ghirahim was really the main antagonist of the game, more people like Ghirahim than Demise. If anything Demise might be an alternate costume of Ganondorf.

But... The Imprisoned is already in the game, and they're the same character. I mean, I can imagine scenarios where they might not want to use his true form out of fear that he might take over the whole storyline since he's the biggest, baddest dude there is, but it'd still be a little strange to have him make a physical appearance, but only in his weaker form.

Personally, I'm not especially fond of Demise as a character since he barely even is one, but I really like The Imprisoned's design. He's a little goofy, especially his jiggly toes, but he's just so pleasantly weird and alien. And kind of cute, actually; I wish there was a doll of him.

• Thumbs Up 3

Put me down as someone who likes The Imprisoned but isn't quite sure why, as well. Yes the design is incredibly goofy and the fact that you effectively defeat him by giving him a pedicure is a bit silly, but the overall look is still very unique and alien - I can see why people would dislike it, I guess I just happen to fall on the other side of the fence on that opinion.

I absolutely can see Demise showing up in some shape or form though - even if not as a playable character or a boss, I get the feeling his face will pop up somewhere. As it's been pointed out, he and The Imprisoned are one and the same, so it seems daft to have one but not the other.

• Thumbs Up 3

Some people reckon that Wind Waker is gonna get rep via items and attacks instead of characters since characters might be hard to implement in this visual style.

800px-SSBeedleConcept.jpg

Even though he was stretched and taller (like what happened to Layton in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright), Beedle from Wind Waker fitted very well in Skyward Sword

• Thumbs Up 1

800px-SSBeedleConcept.jpg

Even though he was stretched and taller (like what happened to Layton in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright), Beedle from Wind Waker fitted very well in Skyward Sword

It wouldn't be difficult to do that for Tetra, Ganondorf (both as alts), and maybe Daphnes (separate character). However, redesigning an entire race may be more complicated (the Rito).

They're just normal people with wings, beak-noses, and bird legs.

I'm not exactly sure how the Rito would be that hard to redesign.

I'm sure there are harder species to change. Something like the Koroks, maybe?

They're just normal people with wings, beak-noses, and bird legs.

I'm not exactly sure how the Rito would be that hard to redesign.

I'm sure there are harder species to change. Something like the Koroks, maybe?

I suppose. (Personally I hate the Koroks. Don't mind the Rito, though.)

I think having a straight transition from toon and chibi to more realistic would be jarring in some cases, which is the issue I perceive. Beedle is lucky because he went from toon and chibi to still being pretty toony, but Tetra would look completely different in a more realistic style. I still think they could pull it off, I just don't really see it happening myself. I think it's more likely that if there are any WW characters, they'll maintain their chibi toon look.. similarly to how Toon Link fits into Smash.

Also on the subject of Demise, as the villain for a single game his character is kinda lame and dull and I agree that Ghirahim was really the main villain of Skyward Sword, or at least the most notable and "antagonistic". I do like Demise though, I like The Imprisoned too. The Imprisoned looks goofy, but it also looks pretty nightmarish, it looks like something you might see in a nightmare, especially earlier on in the game, there's definitely something creepy about its silent and single-minded destruction, and its lack of eyes or any real features. It gives off more of a Studio Ghibli feel to me than a muppet feel.

Then there's Demise who again as a villain for a sole game kinda sucks, but I like the concept of him and what he means for the series as a whole, especially as someone who's always actually liked the idea of Zelda having a timeline. His curse kinda feels like a cop-out but it also adds a little more consistency and reason to the endless slew of Ganons and other evil demons that attack Hyrule constantly. It also shows that Skyward Sword's events had real repercussions that Link and Hylia could do absolutely nothing about. I always kinda liked that :v

As for his appearance in Hyrule Warriors I could really go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.