Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

My brother-in-law tried out Beast Ganon and he seemed pretty cool. I'm way behind on this game, though. I played it way too much at first and right now I'm trying to focus on other games. I'll slowly work on getting all the unlockables in this game. When my brother-in-law was over this past week we finally played Hyrule Warriors on Thursday, his birthday, so naturally we only had a few hours to play before I had to bring him back to his place.

But yeah, he did Beast Ganon, then we played several missions on the Termina Map. I'll be trying to work on it again myself soon, but with little time on normal weeks, I've been trying to focus on other games on my backlog. I'll probably finish this game by the time Hyrule Warriors 2 comes out, at least.

I'm plugging away at it; between a horrid span of weather meaning I worked a lot of Saturdays and the fact that my husband hates having to listen to the game (the sound effects are awfully repetitive if you aren't the one playing) I"m still trying to finish the original adventure map.  I'm currently mostly beating my head against Lana's 3rd gate and Agitha's 3rd parasol.  And I can't even unlock the square for Link's last 3rd-level weapon.  Periodically I break off and hunt Skulltulas or gold-medal squares that are only silver (though I'm fast running out of those), but mostly I'm trying to get all the weapons.  I've also completed Captain Toad in and around this game, so I haven't spent the whole time since I got it on this map and the story (have done all the story levels up through Hard and got all Skulltulas and hearts from there).

I'm still having a grand time with it, especially considering that I wasn't sure I was going to like this type of game.  I've no real interest in another Warriors game, but this one is loads of fun and sometimes frustration.

Ya, I'm kinda hopeless on adventure maps, been doing my best, but haven't gotten far

Buuuut, between this and Warriors Orochi 3Hyper, decided to get another spinoff, I managed to find a copy of Gundam Warriors 2 for my 360, haven't given it a go yet, though but soon

Well, I've basically cleared the default Adventure Map except for a few A ranks and heart containers left. I've got all Skulltulas in the base game as well. Master Quest is probably about 60-70% complete. Twilight I've cleared out maybe a third of it, mostly in the south region and a bit in the north, but I'm missing a ton of A ranks.

Me and my brother have been doing great on Adventure Mode but only because we're working together. We tend to split up on the map and take down different targets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally been getting back on this game since I started playing it in like beginning of 2015, and so far I only played Legend Mode for the story to see how it unfolds, and I did it almost entirely on Hard difficulty after the 5th stage, and now I unlocked Hero difficulty and tackling Adventure Mode.

If there's stuff I can say that's great about this game is that the presentation's great, and fanservice aplenty for longtime Zelda fans, and a good deal of the characters do feel different in playstyles and fun. (Although normal Midna's delayed weak point strike animation can get a bit tiresome from the delay). But the gameplay is kind of barebones if not accounting the different objectives in Adventure Mode's stages since it's almost primarily just going to keeps, seizing them and doing it fast to prevent any important commander allies from fleeing.

I do think that personally the Ganondorf missions in Legend mode were fun though. (His chest opening animation is hilarious) and the final boss fight against his boar-like form Ganon was also pulled off rather well in terms of visuals and intensity. Although the severe grinding can get a bit repetitive, I'm enjoying the game too much to really be bothered with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am having amazing fun time with Adventure mode. yet am still leveling all of my characters by this time. but overall. its soo goood. Maybe because i do like too much the universe of zelda in general lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I to assume that the Master Sword's 25,000 Enemy Kill counter has to be completed in the same level, and that's why it's colored purple instead of the usual red?

No actually, I'm pretty sure there's another condition for getting it to count down. Was it something about getting every weapon? Fuck if I know, I stopped playing before I got that far.

• Thumbs Up 1

The way it works is, you need to unlock all 3 tiers of every weapon for all of the base game characters (that is, everyone but the 3 DLC characters and Cia, Volga, and Wizzro) on the first Adventure map. Then you can start grinding kills like for any other skill. Though if I remember right you've also got to unlock the master sword's skill before you can unlock the 25k skill that can show up on other weapons (but it's not really worth it for them anyway).

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I to assume that the Master Sword's 25,000 Enemy Kill counter has to be completed in the same level, and that's why it's colored purple instead of the usual red?

You have to get every weapon for all of the main characters, i.e the ones not on the Master Quest map. Only then will it start counting down.

• Thumbs Up 1

kk, thanks guys. I've no problem grinding stuff out, so it'll come eventually.

Don't have the money to get the paid DLC just yet, and so I have just Zant and Ghirahim left to unlock. Of all the characters, I like using Link and Ruto the most. Everyone else just feels sluggish or lacks a great deal of flow imo; Agitha, WIzzro, and Darunia are big offenders of that.

I've got all the level 2 weapons, and a number of the level 3s.  I've finally gotten Agitha up to the point I can complete her level 3 square, even if I can't A-rank it for the parasol.  Just wish I could get a few more silver bags off the Dinolfos - I need a lot of arm guards and only seem to get about one per play-through.  Then I get to go back to Lana's 3rd gate, or go after Girahim's level 3.

The way it works is, you need to unlock all 3 tiers of every weapon for all of the base game characters (that is, everyone but the 3 DLC characters and Cia, Volga, and Wizzro) on the first Adventure map. Then you can start grinding kills like for any other skill. Though if I remember right you've also got to unlock the master sword's skill before you can unlock the 25k skill that can show up on other weapons (but it's not really worth it for them anyway).

You have to get every weapon for all of the main characters, i.e the ones not on the Master Quest map. Only then will it start counting down.

You do need to get every weapon. TECHNICALLY you don't need to unlock every slot, though. If you get a tier three weapon before its Tier 2 counterpart, you can randomly unlock the Tier 2's and it'll still count if you get every weapon that way. Granted, this also means you have to beat the Tier 3 slot before the Tier 1 (or 2, you don't need the Tier 1 weapon to unlock the Tier 2).

I actually did this for the Great Fairy and Baton because I couldn't beat that damn Tier 2 Baton mission. I got the Tier 2 Great Fairy before the Tier 1, then unlocked all the Tier 3's.

Well for the time being I'm just stuck on the mission where you kill 800 enemies in ten minutes in the Temple of Time when Dark doppelgangers and Manhandlas pop up every 50 kills. Not even that Guard Breaker potion from the Apothecary is doing me any good when Sheik is doing so little damage to these guys, and I have to use Sheik in order to get the A-rank item. Is there a trick to completing this mission, or should I just come back when Sheik has leveled up and gotten stronger?

Levelling up and ignoring everything with a health bar (unless you can easily KO them) is probably your best bet. Works for every "Get X amount of KOs" mission.

• 4 weeks later...

So why are the Dinolfos in Agitha's Level 3 mission allowed to cheat?

Do not demonstrate that my Strong Attacks can overpower everything but guarding, but then have the 1,729 Dinolfos in this mission tank the attacks without flinching and smack Agitha with their tails and ruin the A-rank, game.

#salt

• Thumbs Up 1

The game's ridiculously hard at times. I haven't played it in months, though that's due to the grinding getting boring.

I've finally gotten to where I can complete that mission, although I don't have the level-3 weapon yet because that requires an A-rank.  I need a lot of dinolfos gloves though, so I'm mainly annoyed by only getting a silver-rank drop every few runs; given how many of the blasted things I kill each time, I ought to get at least one glove per completion!

Hyrule Warriors has now hit over 1 million sales worldwide, according to Koei Tecmo's latest financial report

They also state the DLC is selling at a good pace and "another big collaboration" is coming soon... but will it be Nintendo themed?

Lol, they announced that months ago. But another big collaboration coming soon? That's cool. I think we may very well get another Nintendo one from Koei. I'm not surprised if they're working on another one, and I'm looking forward to it.

Fire Emblem Warriors big bucks no whammy stop.

I have a hard time believe that will happen... YET. Mainly because we've already got a crossover with FE right now and I find it difficult to believe they'd go with FE and instead make a spinoff of another franchise to spread it around a bit. FE later for sure.

inb4 it's just Hyrule Warriors 2 with playable Lizfalos or some shit