Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

inb4 it's just Hyrule Warriors 2 with playable Lizfalos or some shit

Its a bit too soon for HW2. I'd rather it waited until NX.

I'm still hoping for Dream Land Warriors.

Picture it: Going around as Sword Kirby, slaughtering hundreds of Waddle Dees, whipping out the Ultra Sword as a combo, getting backup from King Dedede, Meta Knight, Adeleine, and Bandana Dee, being ambushed by Whispy Woods and Kracko!

It's so perfect!

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh, Warriors games are neat, but where the hell is my Mount and Blade: Hyrule/Fire Emblem, dammit?

What are Sheik's special songs supposed to do?

I get that the Nocturne of Shadow puts an damage AOE around her, but what do the other 4 songs do?

The Light melody recharges your Special meter when you stand in its area of effect. Lightning puts up a constantly damaging shroud of lightning around you. The rest are just generic elemental attacks from what I remember.

The Dark and Light melodies are by far the most useful (the dark note actually actively pulls enemies into it, which really kicks ass for taking out huge batches of enemies at once if you combine it with a Special), but for how long it takes to get a Light note you might actually be better off just hitting things to get meter back unless you're not using any Special boosts on your weapon.

Dude just go all out and go Nintendo Warriors.

You could have Samus and Pit and Mario and naturally all the bad guys too. Hell, even Ridley would be viable then.

You could have Samus and Pit and Mario and naturally all the bad guys too. Hell, even Ridley would be viable then.

Super Smash Warriors Melee!

I'd buy it.

I like this idea, but I'd prefer they did several side ones before merging them all together.

The Light melody recharges your Special meter when you stand in its area of effect. Lightning puts up a constantly damaging shroud of lightning around you. The rest are just generic elemental attacks from what I remember.

The Dark and Light melodies are by far the most useful (the dark note actually actively pulls enemies into it, which really kicks ass for taking out huge batches of enemies at once if you combine it with a Special), but for how long it takes to get a Light note you might actually be better off just hitting things to get meter back unless you're not using any Special boosts on your weapon.

You are forgetting that the water melody provides a four-heart shield that is very handy for keeping yourself safe, and especially handy for keeping your damage low for A-ranks. Probably the only melody I really use.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

NEW HYRULE WARRIORS GAME COMING TO 3DS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=28&v=C2L8Cfafrvc

New characters include Tetra and the King of Red Lions.

NwTQqET.jpg

W6THhhE.jpg

Not sure if this is a port or a whole new game, but either way, it looks like buying the 3DS version will allow you to transfer the new characters into the Wii U version. Awesome! Very excited for this, I love the original game and I've always thought it would work well on the go for quick, cathartic action.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah at the end of the Hyrule Warriors 3DS leak trailer it has the regualr 3DS boxart design not the New 3DS one....soooooooooooo...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.

To be perfectly honest, I'm somewhat on the fence about this. Don't get me wrong, Tetra and the King of Red Lions is pretty sweet, but the fact that they're just their Wind Waker models with no real changes is a massive damper on my enthusiasm, because everyone else was pretty much given a makeover to fit the art style of Hyrule Warriors. I don't like using the word, but it just feels lazy.

Wow.  It really must've been a standout hit to be ported to the 3DS, considering that I have to assume it's not a port but rebuilt from the ground up.  Don't know if I'll be getting it myself, but that's very interesting news regarding possibilities for the 3DS in the future.

Colour me intrigued, especially since it looks like it's for every version of the 3DS. And Tetra is there too!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.

To be perfectly honest, I'm somewhat on the fence about this. Don't get me wrong, Tetra and the King of Red Lions is pretty sweet, but the fact that they're just their Wind Waker models with no real changes is a massive damper on my enthusiasm, because everyone else was pretty much given a makeover to fit the art style of Hyrule Warriors. I don't like using the word, but it just feels lazy.

How would they change it, though? Most Zelda games are in anime style, whereas WW and related titles are chibi. Trying to change the characters to look anime... I dunno, it'd be like a completely different character and I wouldn't want that.

I swear, if there's no sign of Vaati even in this version...

• Thumbs Up 2

Oooo, two characters I really wanted, but I do wonder if there is more than that, like finally Groose is loose

Oooo, two characters I really wanted, but I do wonder if there is more than that, like finally Groose is loose

I'm pretty sure we'll get more than just two new characters. The Wind Waker duo definitely have pulling power, for sure, but to make a whole new version of the game just to warrant a couple of newbies which could have just as easily been Wii U DLC (and effectively are, anyway)... nah, there's gotta be at least a couple more.

Let the speculation begin anew!

Well.

I did say I wanted more Hyrule Warriors... now I'm not sure what to do with this.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that Tetra and the King of the Red Lions have been added (and who knows who else), and I think it's impressive this is running on a regular 3DS and not the NEW model... I'm not sure I'm going to double dip, especially just to transfer the new characters over. Hopefully some eventual DLC packs can allow us to get the characters without having to do that? I loved Hyrule Warriors, but I feel there are better ways to extend the title's life, and I'm not sure this is it.

Also, for anyone wondering, it was stated that this was NOT going to be in the Nintendo E3 Presentation, which means its still a pretty big mystery

I don't think it's necessarily aimed at people who already own the Wii U version; the transferable characters are just a bonus for those who do.  Admittedly a lot of these bonuses blur the line between being a bonus and being a selling point (c.f. Amiibo).

Oh man.

OH MAN.

WHERE THE HELL IS SUPERLINK RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD PLEASE LET HER BE PLAYABLE

• Thumbs Up 1

OH MY GOD GIVE ME LINKLE, GIVE ME HER NOW

#LinkleForHW3D

#LinkleForSmash