Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I don't really see any reason why Sonic would be in HW either. Why Sonic specifically? They might as well just have Koei make their own Warriors crossover, which I doubt would happen anyway. And of all the characters who have an Amiibo that could be added to HW, Sonic?! They'd probably go for the FE characters first if anyone.

Next year IS Sonic's 25th Anniversary, and The Legend of Zelda would've needed a way to repay the favor for having Sonic running in Hyrule on Lost World that wouldn't involve a Sonic costume for Lana. It would basically be the same as Miku Hatsune's Sonic clothes.

Next year IS Sonic's 25th Anniversary, and The Legend of Zelda would've needed a way to repay the favor for having Sonic running in Hyrule on Lost World that wouldn't involve a Sonic costume for Lana. It would basically be the same as Miku Hatsune's Sonic clothes.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is honestly like one of the most pointless things. Lol. Gotta milk that successful money cow I guess.

A few new characters don't really interest me when the Wii U version looks (and probably controls) a million times better. 

HW was one of those games making me want to get a Wii U, and now that it's coming to 3DS that means an extra 300 bucks saved for now haha. Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the downgraded graphics and, most likely, lack of content in comparison to the HD version. It seems like it's own thing in contrast to Smash 3DS which is more or less the same game bar stages and content. Expecting late 2015 or early 2016 release. Wonder if HW3DS will get a couple new stages.(prays for Clocktown even though it's still unlikely)

Laughing at how I've been wanting Tetra for so long, even betting on her showing up, and talking about a hypothtical 3DS version, and look what we got lol

Yeah, it's missing the diamond effects. Probably just not added yet

You know who would be awesome to see if HW3DS supports DLC? Linebeck. That dude would be such a badass and wacky to see shown off in this game. Him and Groose would be my picks. Saria as well if not those.

• Thumbs Up 2

Linebeck is ok, but let's get characters like Mikau, Deku Butler and Skull Kid before him.

Deku Butler? Right...no offense, but I personally think those would be terrible characters bar skull kid, and he's already in via young link special. Deku Butler barely had that much of a role and didn't do muh. Agitha was more notble for me. Same deal for Mikau. He has very little screen time, only really served to introduce Zora Link, and was most notable for, yknow, dying. I find Linebeck miles better and more likely than all of those. He had a much more notable and impacting role. Heck if we're gonn pick a MM npc, it should be Kafei. Postman would also be a better pick even though doubt that'll happen either due to links costume.

Well, here's something interesting

http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-wind-waker-story-epilogue-unannounced-characters-more/#more-206574

Hyrule Warriors Legends – Wind Waker story epilogue, unannounced character(s), more

Nintendo and Koei Tecmo officially revealed Hyrule Warriors Legends during the Digital Event that took place on Tuesday. In an interview with Famitsu this week, producer Yosuke Hayashi shares more information about what we can expect from the game.

In one of his responses, Hayashi notes that planning started for the 3DS version after the Wii U title released. He said:

That was after the release of the Wii U version. The Wii U version got a positive reception from people who played it, but as there are already many Zelda titles on the Nintendo 3DS, many Zelda fans said “I’d like to play this on 3DS”. The development of the Nintendo 3DS version took off from there.

The addition of Wind Waker content is the big attraction in Hyrule Warriors Legends. In developing the original title for Wii U, Koei Tecmo initially examined the possibility of featuring Wind Waker along with Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, and Twilight Princess. However, “as it differs so drastically from the other titles with its visuals and the world, it was hard to bring those games together”. Eventually, they gave up on the idea.

Koei Tecmo wanted to create a new epilogue-like story in Hyrule Warriors Legends, so Wind Waker was chosen for that. Hayashi confirms that the Wind Waker segment will in fact begin after the ending of the Wii U version.

Next, Hayashi touches on the characters in Hyrule Warriors Legends. Tetra and King of Hyrule are confirmed as new additions, but it sounds like there are others in store as well.

As Hayashi stated:

I can’t go into details yet, but we plan to add new character(s) [can mean one or several] other than Tetra and King of Hyrule. There are fan favorites and surprising characters in the game, so I’d be happy if you kept guessing who will join the fight while waiting for follow-up information.

Hayashi was able to confirm that StreetPass will be supported in Hyrule Warriors Legends. It will be used in the Adventure Mode, which has players taking on missions and obtaining rewards/new characters. Hayashi mentioned that StreetPass is something they’ve wanted to utilize since releasing games for 3DS.

Finally, here are some other random tidbits shared:

– Production of the game is ongoing and a release is targeted for spring 2016, so the possibility of things like DLC characters is undecided
– Development is 60 percent complete
– amiibo works in this game the same way it does on Wii U

Hyrule Warriors Legends is coming to 3DS in Q1 2016.

I do hope they make the content available to us wii-u owners without a 3DS(I have one, I just have other things to put my money towards)

Also still hoping for Groose, and that they actually do an integrated version unlike the WW characters

So there's an even bigger story mode in this game thanks to the Wind Waker epilogue, and Adventure mode is confirmed to be returning? Oh boy oh boy, how they're cramming all of this onto a 3DS cartridge (and not even a New 3DS cartridge at that!) is quite astounding really.

"Fan favourite" characters probably will included the likes of Groose, and as for "surprising" ones... please be Linkle please be Linkle please be Linkle

• Thumbs Up 1

So there's an even bigger story mode in this game thanks to the Wind Waker epilogue, and Adventure mode is confirmed to be returning? Oh boy oh boy, how they're cramming all of this onto a 3DS cartridge (and not even a New 3DS cartridge at that!) is quite astounding really.

"Fan favourite" characters probably will included the likes of Groose, and as for "surprising" ones... please be Linkle please be Linkle please be Linkle

Take your Veran and like it!

Serious note though, hope we get some OoT/MM females though, I mean Nabooru and Saria, even Malon are really quite absent from this, I want my Axe Wielding Desert Warrior! and a non-Ganondorf Gerudo

Edit: Lets rephrase that, for the amount of playable females, we have a strange lack of playable female warriors from previous games, which is weird considering how there are quite a few (Nabooru, Twinrova, Veran, whatshername from Twilight Princess(Ashley I think, could be mistaken), heck Saria and Malon(and her various lookalikes) are notable missing too)

And I would actually like Veran

I actually walked in being like "you know, Hyrule Warriors for Wii U was fun but IDK if I could justify buying it again just for 3DS to get a few new characters and some Wind Waker stuffs (as much as I adore WW), but then someone mentioned Linebeck and thought "god damn it, I would rebuy it for that badass aaaaaaaaa"

Also that classic tunic for Link is amazing

I'm not too thrilled by the Hyrule Warriors gameplay and wasn't really considering buying this, but it's true that the possibility of new characters I like, especially from handheld Zelda games, does capture my interest.

Also that classic tunic for Link is amazing

Combine that with the retro sword and its glorius!

Well, here's something interesting

http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-wind-waker-story-epilogue-unannounced-characters-more/#more-206574

I do hope they make the content available to us wii-u owners without a 3DS(I have one, I just have other things to put my money towards)

Also still hoping for Groose, and that they actually do an integrated version unlike the WW characters

Well this makes me hopeful. I did think there would be more characters, and this confirms it. Hopefully there will be MM stages as well.

I think we all know what MM stage I'm hopin most for lol. I'll get in bed with every Nintendo rep if I have to.

I think we all know what MM stage I'm hopin most for lol. I'll get in bed with every Nintendo rep if I have to.

Stone Tower Temple would be best MM stage

But it'd probably just be Clock Town. Which is a shame, because a HW-style remix of Stone Tower Temple would be amazing

Stone Tower Temple would be best MM stage

But it'd probably just be Clock Town. Which is a shame, because a HW-style remix of Stone Tower Temple would be amazing

Well, the other games got two each. I think MM would have two each as well. Keep in mind they said Wind Waker "stages" were in the works. Since all DLC characters are in the game, I think its extremely likely we'll get Majora's Mask "stages" as well (plural, more than one).

That said, Stone Tower would be VERY difficult to turn into a full stage... unless they did it based on the dungeon layout itself, I suppose that might work. I'd love it to be based on the actual tower portion, though, and its a much more vertical-oriented stage. They'd have to make the block paths clearly open and available, though.

So the Sonic amiibo "leak" that happened was fake. Knew it, but I still wanted it to be real.

*sigh*

• 2 months later...

Toon Link is in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Famitsu leaks, here we go!

Some news about Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS): Toon Link will be playable, though for some reason he will not be in Legend Mode (Story Mode) despite the fact that very Legend Mode will have some new story content for The Wind Waker. Tetra and the King of Hyrule will both be in Legend Mode.

Helmaroc King is a new boss character from the looks of it.

Toon Link will be playable in all the other modes, and will be playable (most likely transferrable) in Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

Source

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda saw Toon Link happening, though hope he plays different enough from the other two Links. Hopefully this doesn't lessen Groose or Linebecks chances. 

I kinda saw Toon Link happening, though hope he plays different enough from the other two Links. Hopefully this doesn't lessen Groose or Linebecks chances.