Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

2 hours ago, Valentine's Playa Kirito said:

Linebeck doesn't have a chance but Groose does? I'm just skimming so maybe I missed something but... Oh, is it because there are already a lot of WW characters?

Anyways more WW stuff! That's always good. While I do want Legends so I can transfer the characters to the Wii U version... I really am not looking forward to leveling them all up. The Rupee glitch is helpful when it actually works but... Ech.

I'm still excited to see what else we get in the Season Pass. like sonic Any chance of Link getting a Zelda U costume for marketing? The blue one that look like Toon Link's pajamas?

No one said he doesn't have a chance. The problem is that not a single handheld/2D Zelda game has any characters or stages whatsoever. None. And it makes perfect sense; its far easier to create characters from the 3D games where the models and designs already exist.

Odds are extremely slim we WON'T get Groose. We're looking at the extremely high likelihood that two of the DLC packs will be Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, and Groose is basically the only valid character from Skyward Sword.

I'm sure eventually Linebeck will be playable. As DLC, though? They'll most likely be focusing on the easiest choices; expanding on the OOT and SS rosters. Anything outside of the 3D games are unlikely until we actually get something like that. And with plenty of characters to choose from in the 3D games left...

They can even justify using characters with multiple game appearances to "represent" other game, but still make them characters who appeared in a main console 3D title. Twinrova, for example, could be part of an Oracles DLC pack.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Linebeck is totally possible.

Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass

The Legends of Hyrule Pack will be available in three forms:

Available March 24th 2016:

• Nintendo 3DS Only Season Pass: DLC for Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS only
  • Nintendo 3DS + Wii U Season Pass: DLC for both Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS and Hyrule Warriors on Wii U

Available summer 2016:

• Wii U Only Season Pass: DLC for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U only

Downloadable content packs

There will be four DLC Packs for Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS, which can be bought separately or all at once in the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass.

Late spring 2016: Master Wind Waker Pack (DLC Pack 1)

If you purchase the Master Wind Waker Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

• 16 new My Fairy costume pieces
  • The “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle scenario

Summer 2016: Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2)

If you purchase the Link’s Awakening Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

• 16 new My Fairy costume pieces
  • A new map for Adventure Mode with two new challenge battle scenarios
  • A new playable character
  • A new weapon for Linkle

Autumn 2016: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3)

If you purchase the Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

• 15 new My Fairy costume pieces
  • A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios
  • A new playable character
  • A new weapon for Toon Link

Winter 2016: A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4)

If you purchase the A Link Between Worlds Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

• 15 new My Fairy Costumes
  • A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios
  • Two new playable characters

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-1025970.html#Downloadable_content

Now they're including 2D games and still ignoring the best Zelda games.

For both 3DS and Wii U, besides the Master Wind Waker pack. The My Fairy and Adventure Mode stuff is also not in the Wii U version.

Also, you can get a season pass for the LEgends content in the Wii U version.

I already have Hyrule Warriors for Wii U and don’t plan to purchase Hyrule Warriors: Legends for Nintendo 3DS. What are my options?

Owners of Hyrule Warriors for Wii U can purchase the Wii U Only Season Pass to access upcoming downloadable content for £8.99 / €9,99, or download each pack separately for £4.49 / €4,99 each.

The Legends Character Pack, which costs £10.79 / €11.99 and will launch in summer 2016, includes Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King Daphnes and Ganondorf’s trident weapon. This pack is not available as part of the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass. Tetra, King Daphnes, Skull Kid and Ganondorf's new trident weapon will not be available to purchase outside of this pack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hot damn, Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds DLC packs? Consider me excited! *throws even more money at Hyrule Warriors*

I'd be more excited about the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack if, y'know, I particularly cared for either of those games. Looking forward to the inevitable train driver costume for Toon Link though.

Oh... so they are doing mostly handhelds, not adding any additional characters for OOT and SS... No Adventure Maps for OOT/SS or characters... damn...

"two new challenge battle scenarios"

challenge battle scenarios?

Also, there's still something missing here. There's available slots for 5 characters, but only 4 characters are here.

Speaking of said characters, it'll probably be:

Linebeck, Marin (I'm positive they'll base her 3D design on Malon), Ravio, and either Yuga or Hilda. Probably Yuga, but Hilda would be preferable.

Oh, and despite doing handhelds, there's no Four Swords or Oracles.

I wonder how the new weapon for Toon Link is going to be handled on Wii U? What if you get that DLC pack but not get the characters? Will they unlock Toon Link with just that weapon? Ditto for Linkle.

At least the characters are coming to Wii U if you don't buy Legends. Also, another sucky thing: no regular character costumes.

Link's Awakening's character is probably Richard. ALBW probably Yuga and Ravio. PH/ST will most likely use Linebeck, but I think Byrne is also a possibilty,

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Link's Awakening's character is probably Richard. ALBW probably Yuga and Ravio. PH/ST will most likely use Linebeck, but I think Byrne is also a possibilty,

Why Richard of all characters? He's not really all that important in the grand scheme of things and isn't very popular either. The character people think of first and foremost from LA is Marin.

Agreed on Byrne being a possibility in PH/ST, but I think instead of Byrne they'll make Toon Link's second weapon from ST. I see very little chance in them skipping out on Linebeck with a PH/ST DLC Pack (though it is possible). (Likewise, if we got a Skyward Sword DLC Pack, Groose would've been the obvious pick. OOT wouldn't have been quite as obvious because there's so many additional options.)

I just think with his frogs and stuff from For the Frog the Bell Tolls he has more possibilities as a fighter.

17 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I just think with his frogs and stuff from For the Frog the Bell Tolls he has more possibilities as a fighter.

The problem is, he's not the same character from that. He's based on that character, true, but he's not the same character, and they're certainly not going to base a new Legends character on a non-Zelda character in a DLC pack for Link's Awakening.

I'm not exactly sure what Marin would use, but probably something related to seagulls would be part of her moveset. And she'd also do singing as well.

Speaking of weapons, what about Linkle? Any idea what she would use from LA? I'm kinda stumped tbh...

For Toon Link I'm betting either the Sand Wand or the Whip.

I'm excited to see their choices for handheld representation; Hyrule Warriors isn't my sort of game, but as with Smash, it's really interesting to see what they decide to use and to homage.  The character and weapon guesses above strike me as likely picks; regarding Linkle's Link's Awakening weapon... I think a lot of the weapons in Link's Awakening are already in the game?  Maybe it could be one of the secret weapons - the boomerang and the bomb arrows.  Those would seem to fit Linkle's ranged attack style.  All other guesses above strike me as likely picks.

Nice, I can tell THE FUTURE

Er, at least, I had a feeling they'd focus on handheld DLC for the 3DS. I didn't say anything about it though whoops

SUPER EXCITED for more characters, I just hope they eventually make a way for easy leveling in the future.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

I'm excited to see their choices for handheld representation; Hyrule Warriors isn't my sort of game, but as with Smash, it's really interesting to see what they decide to use and to homage.  The character and weapon guesses above strike me as likely picks; regarding Linkle's Link's Awakening weapon... I think a lot of the weapons in Link's Awakening are already in the game?  Maybe it could be one of the secret weapons - the boomerang and the bomb arrows.  Those would seem to fit Linkle's ranged attack style.  All other guesses above strike me as likely picks.

Boomerang would be a nice character weapon, just like how I do think a Bow will be in eventually. Bomb Arrows as a solo weapon is mixed, especially when you consider that Linkle's crossbow is already Fire-based (and I think she even uses bomb arrows during some of her attacks? Granted, they're technically crossbow bolts instead of arrows...). The only character to have more than one of the same element weapon is Link, but he's got 7 weapons (or 6 if you don't count the Master Sword).

It is true that most items from Link's Awakening are in the game. On that note, I've seen others bring up Marin having the Roc's Feather. That's really not a bad idea.

40 minutes ago, Valentine's Playa Kirito said:

Nice, I can tell THE FUTURE

Er, at least, I had a feeling they'd focus on handheld DLC for the 3DS. I didn't say anything about it though whoops

SUPER EXCITED for more characters, I just hope they eventually make a way for easy leveling in the future.

I didn't think it'd happen largely because they used Wind Waker as the basis for Legends, which was never on handhelds. You'd think Legends would be based on an actual handheld game. Link Between Worlds, for example, would be the perfect game to tie into what goes on in Hyrule Warriors.

I kinda figured we'd just finish off the 3D games (OOT and SS still don't have Adventure Maps) and we'd get maybe one or two handheld games.

Oh, once again I feel like I'm predicting another character people were saying was not gonna happen lol. I was totally assuming this was gonna be a Smash 3DS situation, with the portable version getting more handheld representation. If Linebeck is confirmed, I'll crown myself Hyrule Warriors prediction master for a month.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I wonder how the new weapon for Toon Link is going to be handled on Wii U? What if you get that DLC pack but not get the characters? Will they unlock Toon Link with just that weapon? Ditto for Linkle.

At least the characters are coming to Wii U if you don't buy Legends. Also, another sucky thing: no regular character costumes.

According to one report, if you don't have the characters you get a 'copy' of the character who can only use the DLC weapon.  If you already have the characters either via the 3DS game or as Wii U DLC, you can use any of their weapons.  I can't seem to find an official source for this, though.

35 minutes ago, Thrippa said:

According to one report, if you don't have the characters you get a 'copy' of the character who can only use the DLC weapon.  If you already have the characters either via the 3DS game or as Wii U DLC, you can use any of their weapons.  I can't seem to find an official source for this, though.

Yeah, its directly on the page where its stated, I just missed it at first.

7 minutes ago, Marcello said:

LA weapon could be Chain Chomp.

We already have chain chomp. What more can we do with it?

56 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Oh, once again I feel like I'm predicting another character people were saying was not gonna happen lol. I was totally assuming this was gonna be a Smash 3DS situation, with the portable version getting more handheld representation. If Linebeck is confirmed, I'll crown myself Hyrule Warriors prediction master for a month.

People had brought it up in the past. But Legends "new" game was Wind Waker... And all the Wind Waker content is exclusive to Legends. Until the DLC, we didn't have anything from the handhelds.

Never trust Nintendo/Koei Tecmo and their decisions. They throw curveballs like this all the time, I've learned. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the enemy types in Legends, the Big Blin, only existed in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.  So those games were actually on the table already.  Link's Awakening and Between Worlds were actually out of left field for me though.

The Link's Awakening character is most likely gonna be Marin, since she's the most important human character after Link in that game.  I highly doubt they would pick Richard, if only because he was a cameo and doesn't really qualify as a "Zelda character".  

Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks character's probably Linebeck, since he was in both games and was exceptionally critical in PH.  Byrne's not a bad choice though, but I feel like Linebeck's the right call.  

The A Link Between Worlds characters are, well, I think Ravio's basically guaranteed, and he'll be paired with either Hilda or Yuga, but I'm not sure which.  Yuga actually fought in that game, so there's more to go on with him, but I'm just more interested in playing as Hilda.  Hmm...well, these guys made Tingle and Young Link playable as DLC before they did Skull Kid, so maybe there's a bias toward good guy characters?  Maybe?  Regardless, I'm gonna put my money on Hilda for this one.

As far as weapons go...I don't know.  They're most likely going to come from the games their packs are based on, and they're most likely going to need to be something that can come in three different versions.  The only possibility I can think of that wouldn't need to come in three versions would be if they gave Toon Link the Four Sword, since that's a one of a kind legendary weapon that would most likely be handled similarly to the Master Sword.  

Beyond that, what stands out as being interesting?  Twilight Princess gave us the Dominion Rod and the Spinner, so we know especially interesting sub weapons can be made into weapons.  I know that all the weapons in LA and PH are either too "standard" or already in the game in some form.  From Spirit Tracks?  The Whirlwind, Whip, Sand Wand, and maybe the Spirit Flute could work.  The Chain Chomp from LA could also work, but I'm not sure what they would do to make three versions of it.  Gold and Silver Chomps, I guess?

Wonder if Toon Zelda in the phantom armor would be something they'd consider. Also, Toon Link Spirit Train conductor costume maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, G-Force said:

The A Link Between Worlds characters are, well, I think Ravio's basically guaranteed, and he'll be paired with either Hilda or Yuga, but I'm not sure which.  Yuga actually fought in that game, so there's more to go on with him, but I'm just more interested in playing as Hilda.  Hmm...well, these guys made Tingle and Young Link playable as DLC before they did Skull Kid, so maybe there's a bias toward good guy characters?  Maybe?  Regardless, I'm gonna put my money on Hilda for this one.

As far as weapons go...I don't know.  They're most likely going to come from the games their packs are based on, and they're most likely going to need to be something that can come in three different versions.  The only possibility I can think of that wouldn't need to come in three versions would be if they gave Toon Link the Four Sword, since that's a one of a kind legendary weapon that would most likely be handled similarly to the Master Sword.  

Beyond that, what stands out as being interesting?  Twilight Princess gave us the Dominion Rod and the Spinner, so we know especially interesting sub weapons can be made into weapons.  I know that all the weapons in LA and PH are either too "standard" or already in the game in some form.  From Spirit Tracks?  The Whirlwind, Whip, Sand Wand, and maybe the Spirit Flute could work.  The Chain Chomp from LA could also work, but I'm not sure what they would do to make three versions of it.  Gold and Silver Chomps, I guess?

Ravio and Hilda I think would work better as DLC in general. The main issue is that Hilda never fought and we don't see her doing anything, but she does have a weapon. Ravio never fought, but Link used all of his items, so its not too hard for Ravio.

Actually, though, despite Yuga having fought, he might be more difficult to create a moveset for than Hilda. Not that its stopped Koei, but Yuga's gimmick revolves entirely around merging into walls. You can't really do that in Warriors. I really hope they go with Ravio and Hilda, personally. we can always get Yuga later.

LA's weapon options are pretty standard. That being said, they could always just use one of the everyday standard weapons for Linkle. Wouldn't a boomerang-only moveset be pretty epic? Let's not forget how the boomerang in general is just pure win in Link's Awakening. A bow is totally possible as a standalone weapon, but I doubt they'd give Linkle a bow after her base weapon is already a crossbow.

Chain Chomp? We've already got chain chomp as a weapon. Its the third tier version of the Gauntlet. Gauntlet's third tier is the Power Glove and the ball and chain is replaced by chain chomp. What more can we really do with chain chomp?

9 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Ravio and Hilda I think would work better as DLC in general. The main issue is that Hilda never fought and we don't see her doing anything, but she does have a weapon. Ravio never fought, but Link used all of his items, so its not too hard for Ravio.

Actually, though, despite Yuga having fought, he might be more difficult to create a moveset for than Hilda. Not that its stopped Koei, but Yuga's gimmick revolves entirely around merging into walls. You can't really do that in Warriors. I really hope they go with Ravio and Hilda, personally. we can always get Yuga later.

LA's weapon options are pretty standard. That being said, they could always just use one of the everyday standard weapons for Linkle. Wouldn't a boomerang-only moveset be pretty epic? Let's not forget how the boomerang in general is just pure win in Link's Awakening. A bow is totally possible as a standalone weapon, but I doubt they'd give Linkle a bow after her base weapon is already a crossbow.

Chain Chomp? We've already got chain chomp as a weapon. Its the third tier version of the Gauntlet. Gauntlet's third tier is the Power Glove and the ball and chain is replaced by chain chomp. What more can we really do with chain chomp?

Hilda's not completely blank.  She did have the ability to summon and control those shadow vines that she used to bind Yuganon and seal her castle.  That's as good a starting point as any.  In regards to Yuga, I recall his wall/painting magic generating this sort of portrait frame effect every time he used it.  You could easily expand that to fill out his moveset by having him generate the frames to dodge, duplicate himself, and conjure stuff like his monsters or lightning attacks.

The problem with LA's incredibly standard tool set is that most of those weapons are things every character gets to use alongside their standard weapon(s).  I think it's hard to justify giving someone a boomerang, for example, as their main weapon when they're guaranteed to be able to use one regardless.

The reason why I mentioned the Chain Chomp is partly because Marcello brought it up, and partly because it's the only thing I can think of from Link's Awakening that would be super distinctive and also work as a weapon.  As for "what else can we do with it," uh, it's a dog?  Why not build some kind of attack dog moveset around it?  Linkle orders the Chomp around and it attacks enemies on her behalf.  Simple.

3 hours ago, G-Force said:

The problem with LA's incredibly standard tool set is that most of those weapons are things every character gets to use alongside their standard weapon(s).  I think it's hard to justify giving someone a boomerang, for example, as their main weapon when they're guaranteed to be able to use one regardless.

We've now got both a Hammer item and a Hammer weapon. Ditto for Ocarina. There's plenty of potential to make a full moveset out of these items in addition to having them as tools to use for every character. I don't see any problem at all with the idea. Why would there be? We've got multiple characters using the exact same weapon as well (Toon Link to standard Link, Medli to Sheik), but they still use them in different ways, and that's the whole point.

And besides, the Boomerang in Link's Awakening IS special. The boomerang is usually an early came item to stun enemies and activate switches, but in Link's Awakening it can kill almost anything and is a late-game easy-to-miss item if you don't know what you're looking for.

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

Notably, the boomerang in Link's Awakening could one-shot the final boss.

Exactly. Link's Awakening would be the perfect opportunity to make the Boomerang into an actual valid weapon for a character.

Although, in regards to one-shotting the final boss... it CAN, but you still have to go through its first five forms.

The final phase doesn't actually happen until 3:14 to 3:24.

Look, I'm not trying to argue that something like the Boomerang can't be made into a main weapon, I just don't think it's likely, or a good idea.  

Personally, I don't think the fact that the boomerang was particularly strong in Link's Awakening is actually relevant.  In any way.  The fact is that the boomerang is one of the most iconic weapons in the Zelda series, to the extent that the overwhelming majority of the games in the series have the boomerang in them in some form.  It's so common throughout the whole series that it just doesn't work as a reference to Link's Awakening specifically.

Carrying on from that, I'm inclined to think that the best choice you could make for a "Link's Awakening Weapon" is something that is actually unique and distinctive to Link's Awakening.  Something like the Chain Chomp works because it was a unique element of that game, whereas things like the boomerang or the bow can not be associated with just that one game.  For comparison, if you're gonna pick a weapon from Twilight Princess, you're not gonna pick the Slingshot.  You're gonna pick something like the Dominion Rod or the Spinner, because those were actually unique, distinctive elements from that particular game.

• Thumbs Up 2