Awoo.

A Really Bizarre Commercial

azoo

Hidden
Hi Goku262002, we're working on it! Will send a post once it's up. ~Susan

Susan is the employee who runs their Facebook page btw. So keep an eye out for it on their youtube or facebook.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

HD, direct feed version of the Progressive ad! Looks even better then from the camera!

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 6
Hidden

I find it quite ironic that the Progressive lady says "No more running around" and then after that Sonic gives an "ALRIGHT!" Pose. Does that mean Sonic doesn't WANT to run anymore? Or is he just fooling around? So much to answer.

Hidden

I actually think the commercial would've been even cooler if they had Roger record some lines for it while still using the classic jingles in the background.

• Thumbs Up 3
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Not Unleashed humans again...sad.png

The Unleashed inspired humans makes a very brief appearance in a commercial so who really cares?

Edited by sonfan1984
Hidden

The Unleashed inspired humans makes a very brief appearance in a commercial so who really cares?

Because I fear if humans make an appearance in a future game, that this is the fixed direction they're going to look like. I can't stand looking at them anymore. Even as basic character designs they're the ugliest designs I've ever seen.
Hidden
Because I fear if humans make an appearance in a future game, that this is the fixed direction they're going to look like. I can't stand looking at them anymore. Even as basic character designs they're the ugliest designs I've ever seen.

I like the human designs and think it fits in more with Sonic's world then previous games that's trying to go for the more realistic or anime like humans. Sometimes the humans looks really bland and some games don't even bother to animate their faces in-game. :\

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Because the humans from Sonic 06 are so much better looking to watch.

I love this commercial, and it shows why Sonic leaves all of the technical to Tails.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 5
Hidden

I usually find these types of commercials annoying (mostly because of the woman) but this was pretty well done.

The CGI on Sonic looks quite good despite it being in a commercial.

As for the CG humans, I don't think it's really fair to say this will be how humans will look like in the games since, well, it's just a commercial, don't look too much into it.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I usually find these types of commercials annoying (mostly because of the woman) but this was pretty well done.

As for the CG humans, I don't think it's really fair to say this will be how humans will look like in the games since, well, it's just a commercial, don't look too much into it.

When my dad was in the US, where he was, everyone thought Flo was sexy, literally a whole bar would shut up when she was on.

Edited by iVYRAVE
  • Thumbs Up 1
Hidden

Because the humans from Sonic 06 are so much better looking to watch.

I knew somebody was going to bring that up. As if the Unleashed and 06 humans are the only possible design choices for them.
  • Thumbs Up 1
Hidden

I knew somebody was going to bring that up. As if the Unleashed and 06 humans are the only possible design choices for them.

I don't see you making any suggestions. Its cartoony series, there's not that many options that won't result in a cartoony style, so expecting something NOT cartoony doesn't really fit with the series and would make the cast look out of place by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1
Hidden

I don't see you making any suggestions. Its cartoony series, there's not that many options that won't result in a cartoony style, so expecting something NOT cartoony doesn't really fit with the series and would make the cast look out of place by comparison.

Merlina/Sharah? Anime like, not dull, not overly exaggerated.
Hidden

Except most of the time she's around are in 2D still cutscenes, both of them were only animated once from what I recalled. And Shahra/Merlina technically aren't humans.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

It's a commercial. Commercials have some of the best animation poured into them, sometimes even better than movies.

Actually, I thought Merlina and Sharah looked really out of place when in 3D with Sonic. They were definitely stylized, but no in the way that fit with Sonic, more like the way that would fit with WoW characters or generic fantasy.

Edited by VisionaryBlur
Hidden

Except most of the time she's around are in 2D still cutscenes, both of them were only animated once from what I recalled. And Shahra/Merlina technically aren't humans.

C'mon really? They're human enough.

I think anime like style humans fit perfectly in the Sonic universe. Better than the SA/'06 humans and definitely better than Unleashed.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I still think they should let Yuji Uekawa design the humans...it just makes sense to me that the current lead character designer design all the characters, right? :r I never understood why we can't just have Billy Hatcher- esque humans running around. I mean, I really like the Unleashed humans, but they usually look alot better in their 2D concept art, (and, as a side note; when compared to 2D Yuji Uekawa art, the Unleashed humans don't even look like something out of the same universe, another minor problem I have with them,) and when turned 3D I must admit that a few of them look kinda awkward.

Still love them a ton more than the '06 humans though, just to be clear.

[/rambling]

Edited by Inferno
Hidden

C'mon really? They're human enough.

I think anime like style humans fit perfectly in the Sonic universe. Better than the SA/'06 humans and definitely better than Unleashed.

This would be ok if Sonic was an anime, but he isn't, so no.

• Thumbs Up 1
Hidden

Transforming anime like characters to a 3d model can be tough. The way they did it in the new Zelda looks great though. I think that would fit. I think part of the problem in the CG scenes of Merlina is that they made her head and body mass so much smaller in comparison to sonic's. I think that is what maybe looks off putting. Same thing with Elise. Sonic's head and body mass looks huge in comparison.