Awoo.

A Really Bizarre Commercial

azoo

Hidden

Transforming anime like characters to a 3d model can be tough. The way they did it in the new Zelda looks great though. I think that would fit. I think part of the problem in the CG scenes of Merlina is that they made her head and body mass so much smaller in comparison to sonic's. I think that is what maybe looks off putting. Same thing with Elise. Sonic's head and body mass looks huge in comparison.

Hence why they went with intentionally out of proportion characters. Why make a series more realistic with its character designs, when its never been that way to begin with, the reason why most of the humans look so damn butt ugly is because they were trying to be realistic but it just doesn't work because the main cast of the characters are anthropomorphic cartoony animals.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden

Hence why they went with intentionally out of proportion characters. Why make a series more realistic with its character designs, when its never been that way to begin with, the reason why most of the humans look so damn butt ugly is because they were trying to be realistic but it just doesn't work because the main cast of the characters are anthropomorphic cartoony animals.

But they don't have make everything out of proportion. The body and face ratio is what needs to be tweaked. Notice in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Emissary CG cutscenes. In the first scene notice how out of place Zelda looks next to Peach. That's what I'm talking about. Just tweak with the face and body sizes. That doesn't mean you have to make humans ugly. Peach isn't ugly. She is in Sunshine but not Brawl.
Hidden

I like how this thread has shifted from being about Sonic starring in bizarre commercials, the latest of which being his starring in one for Progressive, to being yet another "Humans Designs in Sonic Games" one. Really, I do.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • 2 weeks later...
Hidden

Pulling this thread back on track with some PHAUNKAEEY EAAKSHAUN

Oh and this comment posted on the video is made of win:

"Sunik could nawt show Sakude how to take a poo! Peenbull gaym and he chose in thar! America would wanna know PHUNKEE AAKSHUN! Sunik! Speenbull! Me no wanna ride in car, now. Sonic could be not prevent tongue tissue! SAY-GUUUH!"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Hidden

The irony is that after watching the commercial for the first time someone crashed my car at school and the person had Progressive insurance sleep.png