Awoo.

CTRL + V/paste not working anymore?

Badnik Mechanic

Ok so I just got a new comp and it's running windows 8.1 (boo).

And I just tried to reply to a topic and use CTRL + V to paste some text... only it doesn't work when replying to and creating topics.

Copy and paste is working on any other SSMB operation, e.g. topic titles, tags, status updates. But when it comes to the body of a post I can't get copied text to post in any manner.

Even copy and pasting using the built in tools on the reply box are not working.

I've tested copy/paste on other sites and SSMB's topic reply box seems to be the only place where there's a problem.

Any ideas?

• Thumbs Up 1

It does that for me too, even though I've got Windows 7.

Maybe it's not your computer...?

• Thumbs Up 1

*noticed Frogging has BBCode disabled*

That's odd, It doesn't work if I have BBCode enabled. But it does work it I have it disabled.

Yeah I was just going to say that, when BBCode mode is disabled it works but when you go back to the normal mode C/P isn't working.

I've got Windows 8.1 Pro Preview (the per-release version) and everything is okay here. Not much different from the final version of 8.1 so I doubt os is the problem here.

It works with BBcode enabled for me as you can see. Maybe it's your browser?

BOvJ2Kq.png

All up to date browsers for both Firefox and Avant Browser. I thought it could be that so I updated when the problem was first occuring but that didn't do anything.

Feel like Win8 is another version of an apple product (which sucks!). angry.png

I'm NEVER gonna leave good old Win7 wub.png                    (or WinXP for that matters)

Oh, it didn't occur to me that BBCode mode would make a difference. I tried it in WYSIWYG mode as well, and it works there too on my end.

Feel like Win8 is another version of an apple product (which sucks!). angry.png

I'm NEVER gonna leave good old Win7 wub.png                    (or WinXP for that matters)

Okay? Take the fanboy attitude elsewhere please, this is an topic requesting assistance and you're certainly not helping.

Hogfather, are you using Internet Explorer by chance?

I used to struggle a lot with Windows 8/8.1 and Internet Explorer. It seemed that a setting in Internet Explorer 10 and over was causing the problem. This not only happened on the SSMB, but some other forums I visit, as well. Not only did copy/pasting fail, but I could not make a new line with the enter button while typing, either. When I switched over to Google Chrome, everything was back to normal.

Assuming you are using Internet Explorer, try upgrading to the newest version. If that does not help, switching browser for SSMB helped me a great deal.

It's the text editor's fault (CKEditor).

The latest version seems to have fixed the issue.

So, you are saying that IP.Board's text editor needs to be updated?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have to confirm that this reply box is awful and really ever works. I cannot right click past, I cannot ctrl + V, I cannot paste from Word without it crashing, none of the buttons work and clicking the quote button on someone else's post does not work either. I've abandoned writing so many posts half way because it's simply broken. I used Windows 8.1 and IE 11.0.9. (FYI Windows 8 so far has been the most stable yet and IE I can honestly say, until now, has been the fastest and most fluid browser yet IMO. I refuse to use Firefox because of its hang-ups.) The only add-ons I have enabled are Flash, Adblock for IE, Bullguard Security (comes with my anti-virus) and Albine anti-tracking. The only other software installed in my PC is Microsoft Office 365 (2013) and Bull Guard Internet security. Otherwise a very standard install. I don't think Windows is to blame - perhaps IE - but this is the most common browser you would think IP.Board would design this reply box with it in mind. I have tried the rest and sticking to the best, switching browsers is only a temp solution haha.

*Update, same issues with all the add-ons, including Flash, disabled.

And I just tried to reply to a topic and use CTRL + V to paste some text... only it doesn't work when replying to and creating topics.

Windows 8.1 + Firefox. Copy + Paste worked.

Edit: Oh, he's using IE. IE for some odd reason has been breaking tons of websites lately.

Edit 2: Can confirm this is an Internet Explorer problem. Thankfully, nobody uses that browser. ...Right?

I can confirm Windows 8.1 + Chrome v.31.0.1650.63 = Copy & Paste works (with or without BBCode Mode)