Awoo.

Sonic Rush 3 [Theoretical OST]

Wentos

This seriously makes me wish there was a Rush 3 fangame with this music as it's focal point. It's seriously that good. Pseudo Paradise Sonic, Phantasmal Thicket Sonic, and Nightclub Necropolis Blaze happen to be some of my very favorite. Really looking forward to how the rest of it turns out!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm looking forward to the completed work as well. I did listen to a couple of the tracks in the past and I enjoyed what was offered. I was always particularly fond for the Blaze tracks in the original Sonic Rush, so I'm eager to hear how her side will come out (aside from the already made tracks for her obviously).

• Thumbs Up 1

Those are some of the funkiest zone names I've ever seen. I mean no offence by it, I like it...and yes, Hideki Naganuma needs to make another soundtrack for a Sonic game.

EDIT: OK, after hearing Pseudo Paradise (Sonic) I'm already in love. This is flippin' great! Now to hear the rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I already said this in reply to your status update; I love, love, love Rush and it's soundtrack. You guys are really doing it justice!

• Thumbs Up 1

(Oh-hey, my old Rush 3D logo.) tongue.png

I remembered stumbled upon this OST months ago and it feels awesome to hear them again, definitely something Hideki would be proud of. cool.png

• Thumbs Up 1

(Oh-hey, my old Rush 3D logo.) tongue.png

I remembered stumbled upon this OST months ago and it feels awesome to hear them again, definitely something Hideki would be proud of. cool.png

THAT'S YOURS? You know, I was hoping to find someone who would do art for the album... I don't suppose that interests you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh I'm liking this a lot. I'm a bit of a sucker for anything similar to this style of music. Seeing as I never really know the correct term, I always just group it in 'Sampler.'

But dang. Solid work here.

• Thumbs Up 1

THAT'S YOURS? You know, I was hoping to find someone who would do art for the album... I don't suppose that interests you?

When someone does that, can you put a download link up?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow these are really incredible.  I think I enjoyed listening to these about as much as I enjoyed listening to After the Sequel's tracks.  Pseudo Paradise, Urban Meltdown, all the Nightclub Necropolis tracks and Sieged Sanctum were my favourite tracks, and the Game Over music was simply sublime. These really need to be in a game of some sort, whether it be a Rush fangame or something else entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so I'm normally a huge sucker for "what if" soundtracks as it is, but I was really blown away by the work you guys have done on this so far. Not only does it capture the spirit of Naganuma's compositions, but each track seems to go even further and achieve an almost ethereal sound that didn't exist in the previous Rush games, which would complement a 3DS Rush nicely given the upgraded hardware and graphics. Pseudo Paradise and Sieged Sanctum were my favorite of the bunch, the latter especially because of the awesome vocals.

Oh, and since I liked it so much, I decided to make an album cover for you guys (or at least my take on it) as sort of a belated Christmas gift:

URznYDg.png

I know the game is currently being called just "Sonic Rush 3," but I liked the name Sonic Rush 3D in Fuzon-S's logo and found it to be fitting for a third installment. It gave me the ability to play around with the reds and blues of anaglyph 3D and mesh them with the blue-pink theme of Sonic and Blaze. Also, the Uekawa Sonic and Blaze renders are actually from Sonic Channel coloring pages-- luckily, they paired very well when arranged back to back (pun intended).

Let me know what you guys think! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 8

I have to say that that's a very impressive piece of graphical design. I'm very flattered that you did this for us, and I'll be sure to show it to the others and have it included in the final album release in some form. We may receive one or two more album designs in the meantime, but we'll make sure they all get in there.

Actually, that reminds me.

Important announcement! Check the first post for more info.

SuperUsername64 might have more or less shared the same idea as me when I just saw his design. xD The main difference is that mine was loosely inspired by the original Sonic Rush cover.

SonicRush3OST_zps80c820b5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm in love. *^* I assume that, like the original OST, there'll be a Blaze cover to match this one? I do hope so, this is a really slick design. <3

So I'll add that to the art roster then -- thanks a lot for the contributions so far, guys.

EDIT: I ask because it'd make sense to me for, say, the Sonic art to cover the Disc 1 tracks and the Blaze art for Disc 2. I'm not sure how many "discs" we're going to split off into, but I think at least two is a safe bet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wanna do a remix or two. When's the release date?

There's no official release date, and we're pretty damn slow. Once we have one, it'll be announced.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll certainly try to get a remix in for this, despite my average skill level. It could get me some well-needed experience. I'm thinking of an elevator/lounge remix of Psuedo Paradise.

Also Sol, did you hear Dizcrybe's Phantasmal Thicket remix?

I'll certainly try to get a remix in for this, despite my average skill level. It could get me some well-needed experience. I'm thinking of an elevator/lounge remix of Psuedo Paradise.

I most certainly did hear Dizcrybe's amazingness, and Pseudo Paradise definitely needs more love, so I encourage remixes of it as well~!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did it upload to Soundcloud after all? I thought it failed, so I uploaded it to Box and only PM'd Sol.

• 5 months later...

Hey there. Sorry for the giant bump here, but life problems sort of got in the way of this project. Nothin' better to show for a revival, though, than a nice work-in-progress.

Urban Meltdown (Boss)!

This is the first time we've all directly collaborated on a track so far, and it's led to a lot of efficiency in composing and the time it takes to do so; the content in this wip so far has all been created in one day! Keep in mind the guitar used is a VST and in the final track will be played by Joshua Taipale.

And ignore the nagging sensation that the guitar riff sounds like something from Sonic Heroes

Someone get on Sonic GDK and make this a real game, these tracks are unreal.

• Thumbs Up 2