Awoo.

playing as Sonic friends....

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I will be honest with you, when i played sonic 2, i was like what the heck is this because i didnt like tails and thought he was useless.

Knuckles on the other hand in sonic 3, i could just tell it was an epic game as the intro says it all lol

i wont mind playing as tails, knuckles or amy in sonic boom because its a change for once.

Amy looks like she has the best gameplay style and i HATE AMY untill now

Thank god shes not that damsel in distress like usual, she looks badass ninja style now.

I know shadow is the same gameplay style as sonic but if he returns as a playable character in future games, then at least put his chaos spear and blast into good use for once, unlike 06.

Knuckles's gameplay style seems fine to me.He seems as if he has the same gameplay style as crash bandicoot with the climbing stuff lol.

Overall more characters are better than one and i cant wait to play them all in sonic boom

BRING ON SONIC BOOM CARTOON & THE GAME!

YEAR OF SONIC !

Thank god shes not that damsel in distress like usual, she looks badass ninja style now.

"Usual" = 3 games...why don't people realize this?

He means that you claim Amy's a "damsel in distress" character, when really her appearances as such are a minority.

We have Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 where she filled in that role. Three games (plus I guess Generations if you wanna stretch that far). She's made many more appearances than those three games where she wasn't that (although admittedly said games sometimes just have her fill the role of background noise).

Was she really a damsel in distress in Adventure 2? Oh yeah, when Tails had to save her. Well, that's about it though for that game.

Well maybe not so much a damsel in distress and i get what you guys are getting at but more of a useless character.

She was only helpful in sonic adventure 2 where she managed to convince shadow to help sonic.

in sonic heroes she was there more or so as a distraction for team sonic i suppose.

in sonic adventure, her story had no actual plot apart from helping that robot gamma i think.

in sonic 06, she was quite useful as she saved sonics life, helped princess elise escape i think and retrieved a chaos emerald to help sonic.

in sonic riders i dont know why she was there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was she really a damsel in distress in Adventure 2? Oh yeah, when Tails had to save her. Well, that's about it though for that game.

...Chaos Control with Fake Emerald.

Well maybe not so much a damsel in distress and i get what you guys are getting at but more of a useless character.

She was only helpful in sonic adventure 2 where she managed to convince shadow to help sonic.

in sonic heroes she was there more or so as a distraction for team sonic i suppose.

in sonic adventure, her story had no actual plot apart from helping that robot gamma i think.

in sonic 06, she was quite useful as she saved sonics life, helped princess elise escape i think and retrieved a chaos emerald to help sonic.

becareful where you say that haha. its fine to say it here but yeah.

In Sonic Adventure: Like Tails she goes through a character arc and has actual development and stuff and also like Tails, her development was forgotten in every game after Sa2. Helping Gamma in his story is for the sake of the stories being intertwined in some way and is not the overall focus of her Story in that game.

Gamma's, Big's, and Amy's stories serve no purpose to understand the plot, they are only with their own stories so the player can see things from that character's side of the story, since they also impact the plot somewhat.

In Sonic Heroes...the story is non-existent, her team was there to be easy mode, because nothing really happened there that was actually important.

In Sonic Riders its more of just putting her in the game's story because she fills the anime fan-girl with a crush cliche when she is needed to.

She also appears in the Adv. games, where she as a character tends to be fun to play as.

very fun to play as in Sonic Adventure. I play with her alot so I can do my skills better. its a game where i actually like to play as a characer I hate.

Amy? Well...

Sonic CD: Damsel in Distress

Sonic Adventure: Damsel, helped her bird friend reunite with its family, kicks her capturer's ass.

Sonic Adventure 2: Helped free Sonic from jail, background noise, damsel, helped Shadow remember Maria's wish while convincing him to help the other characters.

Sonic Heroes: Aided in helping Big find Froggy and Cream find Cheese's sibling (while serving as obvious leader of the group), her team helps defeat Metal Sonic.

Shadow the Hedgehog: Helps Shadow find Cream & Cheese in optional mission

Sonic 06: Tries to help Silver find Sonic, Saves Sonic from Silver (who was trying to murder Sonic), somehow infiltrates Dr. Eggman's base and bumps into Elise (who was in process of walking out the fucking door escaping), and later getting a dragonball chaos emerald in order to bring Sonic back to life save Sonic's soul.

Sonic Unleashed: Mild Damsel (she was only being forced to dance XD), background noise

Sonic Generations: Damsel (frozen this time), background noise, helps in one optional mission, races Sonic in another. 

Sonic Lost World: Status Reporter, offscreen damsel,

Damsel count: Uhh... five and a half?

I like it because it adds depth and variety to the game. Not only can you see different parts of the story like in SA 1 and 2 but you can also use different abilities. Flying, gliding, smashing and shooting are all fun. I wish that there were levels where you could use the characters abilities more as a means to get to the goal. Almost all the sonic games I have owned have Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as playable characters. 

Amy? Well...

Sonic CD: Damsel in Distress

Sonic Adventure: Damsel, helped her bird friend reunite with its family, kicks her capturer's ass.

Sonic Adventure 2: Helped free Sonic from jail, background noise, damsel, helped Shadow remember Maria's wish while convincing him to help the other characters.

Sonic Heroes: Aided in helping Big find Froggy and Cream find Cheese's sibling (while serving as obvious leader of the group), her team helps defeat Metal Sonic.

Shadow the Hedgehog: Helps Shadow find Cream & Cheese in optional mission

Sonic 06: Tries to help Silver find Sonic, Saves Sonic from Silver (who was trying to murder Sonic), somehow infiltrates Dr. Eggman's base and bumps into Elise (who was in process of walking out the fucking door escaping), and later getting a dragonball chaos emerald in order to bring Sonic back to life save Sonic's soul.

Sonic Unleashed: Mild Damsel (she was only being forced to dance XD), background noise

Sonic Generations: Damsel (frozen this time), background noise, helps in one optional mission, races Sonic in another. 

Sonic Lost World: Status Reporter, offscreen damsel,

Damsel count: Uhh... five and a half?

Damsel in Distress = Being Captured hostage...Or in Dangerous situation...In Lost World they were technically dead.

Damsel in Distress = Being Captured hostage...Or in Dangerous situation...In Lost World they were technically dead.

Meh, I still count it.

• 1 year later...

I think having numerous amount of Characters in a game can be a great thing unless it's done properly. What I mean by properly is like all characters have there own unique styles of abilities like with Sonic he's fast and acrobatic, Knuckles is strong and has power, Tails is smart and knows how to use weapons. These are just some examples.

I would like to see something like this return something sort of like the adventure games. I know we already got Sonic Boom Rise Of Lyric but that game wasn't the best. It was a good try though for trying to bring back such a style.

That's all.

Unpopular Opinion in the house!

Despite all the controversy on how Sonic's friends shouldn't be playable or how they should have similar gameplay, I appreciate the diversity some of the characters give. As long as they are fun to play with, of course.

But hey, that's just me. I guess this is where some of my love for Skylanders comes from besides the fact that I'm using toys in games. I could play as a fire-breathing purple dragon with a charge attack one second and can switch to a mace-wielding, starfish shooting crustacean king the next. Both being equally fun to play with.

I understand the standpoint that the characters should play similarly like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the mobile games, but to me, I want something a little more different when I choose a different character with very unique abilities.