Awoo.

Sonic Tattoo

hekturr

Being 18 alot of my friends have asked if I'd want to get a tattoo.

Most of them do have one or two. I have a handful of ideas I would want.

Then again I think to myself, "Do I really want that on my body til I'm 80 years old?"

Others I wouldn't mind having though.

So anyways I stumbled across this Sonic Tattoo sleeve:

20080517sontat.jpg

So here's my question:

Would you EVER get a Sonic tattoo?

If not express why.

If yes OR NO, just what sonic tat you would like to have inked on your body.

Weird topic I know but I have seen some nice Sonic oriented tattoos.

As for me I'd probly the tiny sonic headgehog logo on my wrist or so if I had to.

I've always wanted a video game tattoo.

(I'll try and find a picture of it)

but yeah enjoy :o

(FYI this is about SONIC Tats so it can be in this Forum.)

Edited by hekturr

That's pretty epic =O

I wouldn't get a tattoo of anything, though I appreciate some from an artistic point of view.

That is truly awesome! That made my day. The coolest thing I have seen all day. That must have costed a lot.

I would get a tattoo of Tails somewhere on my right forearm. However I don't have the time, money and patience to get a tat of anything really.

That is truly awesome! That made my day. The coolest thing I have seen all day. That must have costed a lot.

I would get a tattoo of Tails somewhere on my right forearm. However I don't have the time, money and patience to get a tat of anything really.

glad I could post it here :o

A sleeve like that could costs thousands.

a small wrist tattoo can come up to 80 bucks.

depends everywhere you go though.

Flyboy Fox has a Sonic themed Tattoo... I think T-Bird also has one.

I don't think that I would ever get a tattoo of any kind, they're not really my cup of tea. Don't have anything against them, I just don't want one.

Edited by Casanova

Flyboy Fox has a Sonic themed Tattoo... I think T-Bird also has one.

Yep that's right, Casanova. I remember Flyboy mentioning that somewhere, it might have been in that one facts thread. I would like to see a pic of that. I didn't know T-Bird has one.

I don't like tattoos, and even if I were to get one it'd be something nonobjective...I don't like the idea of having a permanent blatant display of "HAY GUYS I LIKE *whatever*!!!" etched into my skin. It'd have to be something more subtle, something that fellow fans would recognize, but isn't anything more than a design to the average person. Probably the only thing from the series that would work is that tribal tattoo symbol from ShtH...which I'd never get, because I think ShtH is shit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yep that's right, Casanova. I remember Flyboy mentioning that somewhere, it might have been in that one facts thread. I would like to see a pic of that. I didn't know T-Bird has one.

Yup. Emeralds on my left arm. Like Flyboy's it's subtle, so unless you know what it's from, it could be any old design. It's a nice icebreaker with people when they go "whoa - is that a tatt of the chaos emeralds from Sonic?" then they go on to recite their favourite memories from the game.

I thought about this tattoo for 4 years kids. After 4 years I still wanted it, so I go it, and two years on I still wake up in the morning and see it, and go "hah, cool". If you're thinking of getting one, look around, get prices, talk to the artists about designs. I had mine drawn at a parlour in Newcastle that has a reputation at being the best around, and I had to book time with the artist to talk about it and discuss colours etc...if you want a good tattoo, it isn't cheap, so be prepared. Besides, if you're marking your body for life, you want it done properly.

Most of all, be original, make it something special to you...

T

P.S. Don't get the shadow glyph. Nothing says 1998 like tribal.

Yup. Emeralds on my left arm. Like Flyboy's it's subtle, so unless you know what it's from, it could be any old design. It's a nice icebreaker with people when they go "whoa - is that a tatt of the chaos emeralds from Sonic?" then they go on to recite their favourite memories from the game.

I thought about this tattoo for 4 years kids. After 4 years I still wanted it, so I go it, and two years on I still wake up in the morning and see it, and go "hah, cool". If you're thinking of getting one, look around, get prices, talk to the artists about designs. I had mine drawn at a parlour in Newcastle that has a reputation at being the best around, and I had to book time with the artist to talk about it and discuss colours etc...if you want a good tattoo, it isn't cheap, so be prepared. Besides, if you're marking your body for life, you want it done properly.

Most of all, be original, make it something special to you...

T

P.S. Don't get the shadow glyph. Nothing says 1998 like tribal.

Ha i'm good off of tribal designs.

I really like the way you explained how you decided if you wanted it still or not.

It was good to read :]

Chaos emerald is a nice one by the way.

Yep, I do have a tattoo... it's this on my lower back:

tatgood.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind getting a small tattoo of something sonicy, but, Holy Hell that thing is huge. Someone is a serious fan.

I'm into piercings and stuff, which makes me think that a tattoo is inevitable. And I'm not really against the idea of getting inked. But I have a thing about wanting it to be perfect. Just thinking about not liking the tattoo and it being permanently stuck to my body would make me crazy. So it probably wouldn't be anything big if I get something at all. But Sonic would be a first choice of mine. I was thinking maybe the silhouetted Sonic logo from S&K, because it's discreet. About the size of a quarter and hidden away.

I've been debating about getting a Sonic themed tattoo for a while now. If I do get one it will be one of my own drawings and it will be of Amy Rose. Even though I'm not into sleeve tattoos, that guy's sleeve is awesome.

I'd love to have a small Knuckles tattoo on my breast but...seriously, I'm not into tattoos y'know? <=/ I don't like the thought of it, and the pain you go through..besides, I don't even think I'd like a Sonic themed tattoo. People would raise an eyebrow at it, I'm sure.

I don't like tattoos, and even if I were to get one it'd be something nonobjective...I don't like the idea of having a permanent blatant display of "HAY GUYS I LIKE *whatever*!!!" etched into my skin. It'd have to be something more subtle, something that fellow fans would recognize, but isn't anything more than a design to the average person. Probably the only thing from the series that would work is that tribal tattoo symbol from ShtH...which I'd never get, because I think ShtH is shit.

Off topic, but what do you mean with the abbrivation "ShtH" doesn't seem like Sonic the Hedgehog due to the order and number of letters, sorry, my curiosity has been peaked ^^;

As for Sonic related tattoos, it does seem kinda cool, but I'm not too sure about tattoos on the whole to be honest, as once you have it's done it there for life and if you suddenly decided you didn't want it anymore then...yeah, the issue there should speak for itself.

Edited by Leon K Fox

ShTH = Shadow the Hedgehog (the game), Leon.

Aww, Gabz, tattoos don't hurt nearly as much as people say they do. I'm the wimpiest person alive and my twin-tail tattoo on my lower back is large and really wasn't that bad.

But yeah, it really is a personal thing. I'll definitely be getting more when I have the money. Maybe a little Sonic 3 style graphic of Tails air-lifting Sonic, on my shoulder ^^

I love tattoos myself, although I only have one and don't plan on getting any more.

As for a Sonic one, I don't think I'd do that quite so readily, although I was considering it at one point. It's probably just a little too niche for me to be honest, although I don't suppose that matters, considering how often it'd be seen, as well as who by.

So yeah, to sum up my opinion- nice idea, but not quite keen enough on the idea to actually get a Sonic tattoo done.

I suppose you do have to be quite obsessive and perhaps a little bit... odd... to permanently mark yourself with a video game icon XD; But I'll gladly be obsessive and odd.

I can't see my love for Sonic ever dying, but fortunately even if it did, my tattoo is pretty much stand-alone in a way. It could just be a homage to foxes or 'kitsune' in general.

Sonic Tattoo's? LOL. Not me. But still, pretty hardcore.

Wanna see something that'll blow your mind?

Sonic_Underground_by_sayaprayerforme.jpg

Am planning on getting just a small sonic head, or pose from sonic 1 boxart on my ankle. Something that's coverable by socks and not obvious.

Main reason is when I was in second year highschool, I used Sonic as inspiration for running. Amazingly, that year I came second in the X-Country event, and believe ive come a long way because of it (Im now an "australia rules football" umpire). Ive wanted one for about...6 years now..

Ive been told it hurts like hell on the ankle, and truthfully, im too much of a pussy to get it done.

Yep, I do have a tattoo... it's this on my lower back:

tatgood.png

Ah that's a really nice one.

I havnt seen too many tails tattoos.

On google images I found a few knuckles.

I think a Vector tattoo is out of the question.

:o

Edited by hekturr

I personally think that is going way to far...I saw Flyboy Foxes Tatoo and thought, thats cool it's not over the top and it's appealing to look at, this however...it's too clustered and will be with them for the rest of there days, it looks good now, but yeah imagine that with wrinkles and such and then its not such a good idea.

I personally think that is going way to far...I saw Flyboy Foxes Tatoo and thought, thats cool it's not over the top and it's appealing to look at, this however...it's too clustered and will be with them for the rest of there days, it looks good now, but yeah imagine that with wrinkles and such and then its not such a good idea.

I'm sure wheover got that Sonic tat sleeve thought about that.

I mean it all depends on what mindset you have towards it.

Maybe he was living in the moment? Or it wasn't just a random decision he had.

Takes a huge deal of commitment.

As for what i was talking about,

I'd get this little logo maybe on my wrist somewhere.

nothing too big:

soncc.jpg

I'm sure wheover got that Sonic tat sleeve thought about that.

I mean it all depends on what mindset you have towards it.

Maybe he was living in the moment? Or it wasn't just a random decision he had.

Takes a huge deal of commitment.

As for what i was talking about,

I'd get this little logo maybe on my wrist somewhere.

nothing too big:

soncc.jpg

That would be good for a tatoo, I was thinking of get a tat similar to one that Flyboy Fox has, and has for thinking that big tatoo through, I should certainly hope so XD

Hah, maybe I could start a trend.

But then I wouldn't be original anymore ;_;