Awoo.

Sonic Tattoo

hekturr

I actually plan on doing a tattoo with a sonic reference in it. I've been thinking about doing a film projector, I want to be a movie director someday, and it's projecting an image of Tails's tails on a screen. If I can I might just do all of Tails instead, but that would be one big tattoo.

I was thinking about getting a tattoo of the Chaotix text around my wrist when I turn 16 or 17.

If I got a tattoo it would be of Sonic

Any specifics, or is that as far along in the thought process as you've got? :)

The Eggman Empire emblem on the shoulder would look cool.

Go for it!

...I'm scared of needles, so I'll pass. But I think that's a swell idea regardless!

Go for it!

...I'm scared of needles, so I'll pass. But I think that's a swell idea regardless!

I've been needle-phobic all my life... yet tattooing never scared me. I wasn't even anxious on the lead up or the day itself at all. Weird. Yet, try to give me an injection or take a blood sample... @_@ I guess it's needles going into my veins that scares me. Just under the skin, no problem.

Any specifics, or is that as far along in the thought process as you've got? :)

well I probably won't get one at all, so haven't given it much thought tbh... but if I did it would be of him because he's so iconic and important to my life ^^

When I was 17 I was gonna get a big, full-colour tattoo of Elijah's Frodo. Soooo glad I didn't >_> (as much as I do love LOTR)

Edited by HelenBaby

• 3 weeks later...

One of these days, I WILL get a Sonic tattoo. One I'd really like to get on my left shoulder is this:

03be8466e1dab410.jpg

That would an awesome tattoo for sure :D

Whoa, it's like CatDog but with Sonic and Shadow XD

• Thumbs Up 1

That would be an EPIC tat to have.

Hmmm...

If I do get a tattoo when I'm older, I'll probably have something like...

Wait a sec.

Gonna make a picture~

But it'll be epic anyhow.

Edit: Something like this:

Sonadow_Logo_by_KatuTheKat.png

Edited by Daisoku

Am planning on getting just a small sonic head, or pose from sonic 1 boxart on my ankle. Something that's coverable by socks and not obvious.

Main reason is when I was in second year highschool, I used Sonic as inspiration for running. Amazingly, that year I came second in the X-Country event, and believe ive come a long way because of it (Im now an "australia rules football" umpire). Ive wanted one for about...6 years now..

Ive been told it hurts like hell on the ankle, and truthfully, im too much of a pussy to get it done.

I'm sure wheover got that Sonic tat sleeve thought about that.

I mean it all depends on what mindset you have towards it.

Maybe he was living in the moment? Or it wasn't just a random decision he had.

Takes a huge deal of commitment.

As for what i was talking about,

I'd get this little logo maybe on my wrist somewhere.

nothing too big:

soncc.jpg

You mean like this? Small and easy to hide :3

Quickie.jpg

And from when i first got it done with red skin ftw:

JJtattooDONE.jpg

Just noticed my arm looks thinner in the pic that i took quickly today... i wonder if that's bad or good...

I'm almost afraid to get a tattoo, because I know if I get one rad tat, I'll want another. And then another. And I don't want to be that old geezer who's got purple blurs covering his whole goddam body. I am putting serious thought into getting either Knuckles (looking pissed off), Kirby (with parasol), or two seals of Metatron (one on each shoulder, because I'm an aaaaannngeeeel). The main cause of hesitation is the fact that I only want a tattoo on my arm (like, the cliche spot on a man's arm to get one, up by the shoulder sort of, whatever); I've only two arms, and that shit is permanent.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old topic, but I just wanted to add my two cents. :P

I've thought for almost 2 years now on getting a Sonic tattoo, and I now have it booked for May this year. I don't think a day in my life since I was about 4 or 5 years old has gone by without something Sonic-related happening. :lol:

I'm still torn between 2 designs though, because I know I'd never regret getting either one.

I'm still trying to photoshop one of them (Modern Sonic, needs legs or Wing-Tipped Emblem) and the other is official art (Classic Sonic versus the current SSMB skin model).

Sorry to resurrect this old topic, but I just wanted to add my two cents. :P

I've thought for almost 2 years now on getting a Sonic tattoo, and I now have it booked for May this year. I don't think a day in my life since I was about 4 or 5 years old has gone by without something Sonic-related happening. :lol:

I'm still torn between 2 designs though, because I know I'd never regret getting either one.

I'm still trying to photoshop one of them (Modern Sonic, needs legs or Wing-Tipped Emblem) and the other is official art (Classic Sonic versus the current SSMB skin model).

Have a word with the artist you are getting it done with - I know from experience that they will no doubt say some elements will and won't work in tattoo form. Glad you've deliberated it for a long time though; I thought about mine for the entire duration of university, and at the end I still wanted it. Three years on I still wake up in the morning and think "wow, that's cool". My other tip is to make your tattoo your own too - makes it more special!

T

Have a word with the artist you are getting it done with - I know from experience that they will no doubt say some elements will and won't work in tattoo form. Glad you've deliberated it for a long time though; I thought about mine for the entire duration of university, and at the end I still wanted it. Three years on I still wake up in the morning and think "wow, that's cool". My other tip is to make your tattoo your own too - makes it more special!

T

I think that the reason why yours works as well, is that unless you're into the sonic fanbase, it's not imediately obvious what it is, to a non sonic fan it's a cool looking design. But to a Sonic fan it's more "OMG emeralds!"

I'm probably never going to get a tattoo, but if I would, it would definitely be a Sonic one. But nothing too much. Maybe something like classic Sonic doing a spindash, or something like an emerald or a ring.

But if I were to get one, which I most likely won't, it wouldn't be too big, not to attract too much attention.

Edited by Sapphire

Aww man, this old topic ;_;

Know what's sad? Because my tattoo is on my lower back and I never see it, I tend to forget it's even there. I haven't thought about it in months O.o And since I don't wear revealing clothes of any sort (I can't stand to bear my midriff), no one else ever sees it either =P T'is a crying shame, to be sure.

This is rekindling my epic desire to get a more accessible Sonic-themed tattoo though. I still really wanna get either Tails air-lifting Sonic, or flying the Tornado with Sonic standing up on the wing. Maybe both; one on each arm/shoulder? XD

Only issue is... moneeeeey... @_@

T

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking the wing-tip emblem won't work too well on my arm, something like that needs a bigger...canvas as it were. I remember at SoS '08 me and 2 friends were queuing to get in, and I caught a glimpse of a certain someone's arm with the Chaos Emeralds tattoo and I was like "Damn, that's awesome!". Unless you didn't get yours done until after and it was someone else, I think I now know who it was. :lol:

(P.S - I'm wearing my COSPA shirt today, thought I'd share that with ya ;))

Know what's sad? Because my tattoo is on my lower back and I never see it, I tend to forget it's even there. I haven't thought about it in months O.o And since I don't wear revealing clothes of any sort (I can't stand to bear my midriff), no one else ever sees it either =P T'is a crying shame, to be sure.

This is rekindling my epic desire to get a more accessible Sonic-themed tattoo though. I still really wanna get either Tails air-lifting Sonic, or flying the Tornado with Sonic standing up on the wing. Maybe both; one on each arm/shoulder? XD

Only issue is... moneeeeey... @_@

I know the feeling, I've got a tattoo of the Biohazard symbol (big zombie fan :P) on the back of my neck, but now my hair's got a lot longer since then, nobody else can see it, especially me.

If I've got the money, I'm hoping to get a tattoo of some Metallica Ninja stars ripping out of my skin on my other arm...but a need all the money I can get for the move to Norwich soon. >_<

Get sleeve tatoos of classic Badniks on one arm and classic characters up the other arm Sonic and Eggman doing the whole 'lightning glare' thing across your chest bringing the two sleeves together.

Holy fuck that sounds amazing. Though I'd never get it done xD.

EDIT: JayZeach how much did you pay for that? Whoever did it really went over the lines on the colouring D=

Ya I know the feeling. I've had my Tails tattoo on my back since I got it in August, and I don't see it unless I take my shirt off before I sleep or take a shower. Hell when I mention it to people, they just swing their heads and state that they're shocked that I have a tattoo.

I know if I had the money I'd get a tattoo on my arm, but before I do that I need to think of what I want to do.

I started creating my sleeve 4 months ago when xmas money was flowing in. I got two parts finished but then the cash stopped and so I had what was started completed.

sdc10540u.jpg

There will be a palm tree on both sides at the top, followed by an intergration of classic Badniks such as Motobug and Buzzbomber. Characters such as Eggman, Knuckles and Tails have been penciled in to place, a long with Chaos Emeralds, rings and star posts. Somewhere towards the bottom, the control pad will plug in to my skin, with "To be this good takes AGES" underneath. It took me a long time to decide whether or not to get something like this done as I was worried about other peoples opinions on it. However, I decided they can go fuck themselves and now wish I'd done it sooner. If only I had more money so that I could finish it off!

This cost me £170

Edit: I know the post is old now but damn, JayZeach. Either you asked for a blue glow around your tattoo or that has some serious ink "bleeding".

Edited by Stasis
  • Thumbs Up 2

sdc10540u.jpg

That is nice dude, it's one of the few Sonic tattoos I've seen about that I really like I think just because the scale is well thought out. Really vibrant colours on Sonic against a dark background too.

I remember at SoS '08 me and 2 friends were queuing to get in, and I caught a glimpse of a certain someone's arm with the Chaos Emeralds tattoo and I was like "Damn, that's awesome!". Unless you didn't get yours done until after and it was someone else, I think I now know who it was. :lol:

(P.S - I'm wearing my COSPA shirt today, thought I'd share that with ya ;))

No, that was me, I'm the only person I know with Emeralds! I do have an idea for another Sonic tattoo, but I'd want this one to be out of sight. And I dunno where I'd have it.

Oh yeah guys...if you get a tattoo and you plan on visiting Japan, you're auto-banned from any onsens =( And Yakuza.

T

Oh yeah guys...if you get a tattoo and you plan on visiting Japan, you're auto-banned from any onsens =( And Yakuza.

Onsens? Explain. EDIT. Never mind, looked it up.

Also, my mate Tom has the Shadow tribal symbol on his back. I laugh everytime I see it. But fair play to the man; he liked the art and got it drawn on his body. You can't help what resonates with you after all.

I mean I've got a heartagram (HIM's logo) with a load of filigree round it but I've been thinking of doing that for 5 years because HIM are my favourite band and I love Natas Pop's art. The general consensus with HIM tattoos is they're the typical thing alternative, suburbian kids get but I couldn't care less. It's not like it's a representation of my music taste as a whole. I listen to At The Gates, Skindred, Two Gallants, The Mad Capsule Markets, Shotgun Riot, Bastions, Probot, System of a Down, Bayonets, Hold Your Horse Is and a whole heap load of other hard rock and metal bands.

All you've gotta remember is if you like it and don't mind living with it for the rest of your life then do it.

Edited by Sonic Yoda

• 4 months later...

Topic bump I'm afraid.

So I spoke to my tattooist today about the Sonic tattoo design I wanted. My tattooist is also a Sonic fan, so we've been able to decide on images, characters, placements etc. Due to having some pretty bad stretch marks at the top of my arms though, we've decided to put that tattoo on hold and work on another one I had in mind. We're gonna incorporate it in to my original design. The tattoo?

Fleetway_Super_Tattoo_Pic_by_StasisDesigns.png

I'm going tomorrow morning to have the outline done, and then I'll have it coloured next week :)

Well, when a person gets a tattoo, you do have to seriously THINK about it. Yes, would you look "cool" in middle age with a Sonic tattoo? Or any one for that matter. Many young people don't think about it and they sport tattoos in very visual places on their bodies (neck, lower arms, hands, etc.) Unless you aren't thinking of becoming a professional (in a field other than the arts or music), think about what you are doing. Personally I would NEVER get a tattoo because I know how my loves and hates change. I may be a fan of Sonic, but to see him on my body for years and years will start making me feel a bit foolish and sorry i got it. Just think about it....