Awoo.

Sonic Tattoo

hekturr

I've thought about a Sonic tattoo for years and years. I've always planned on the 'Sonic Team' Sonic head, I'll probably get it done but I'm not sure where. I'm planning on muscling up a fair bit yet and I don't want to end up with a stretched tattoo. I guess the inside of my wrist would be fairly untouched.

This was my first idea though, added layer glow for authenticity: sonicheadonarm.jpg

I don't see myself stopping liking Sonic when I'm older but on the offchance, at least it represents classic Sonic, which played a major part in shaping me as a person.

So it'd probably be this head on the inside of my wrist: sonichead.jpg

OR an STC 'Spin Attack' shape: STCspinattack.jpg

I've also been toying with the idea of having a row of small (4cm diameter), circular tattoos down the side of my leg. Things that I loved while I was growing up:

sonicheadcircle.gif

pokeball.gif

animorphs.gif

reboot.gif

thundercats.gif

A note: I'm not too hot on the idea of drawing my own Sonic tattoo but if anyone's interested, I wouldn't mind having a go at designing one for someone else.

Edited by The Stiv™

Well, when a person gets a tattoo, you do have to seriously THINK about it. Yes, would you look "cool" in middle age with a Sonic tattoo? Or any one for that matter. Many young people don't think about it and they sport tattoos in very visual places on their bodies (neck, lower arms, hands, etc.) Unless you aren't thinking of becoming a professional (in a field other than the arts or music), think about what you are doing. Personally I would NEVER get a tattoo because I know how my loves and hates change. I may be a fan of Sonic, but to see him on my body for years and years will start making me feel a bit foolish and sorry i got it. Just think about it....

Yeah, as much as it stings to get a tattoo, it's even worse getting it removed, or so I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were to get a Sonic tat, it'd be something not so obviously Sonic in case I ever went off it. Like, I don't know, a blue buzz saw. Or a Chaos Spear. Or Tails's tails like Flyboy. In regards to tats in general, I'd probably get a sword on my lower arm. That'd look cool. Or maybe an original one, with the handle of a sword on a big bullet.

I thnk it's been said before in this topic, but lower arm tattoos are rarely a good idea if you ever hope to get a decent job and work as a professional. D: Far too visible, too hard to hide.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but I thought it'd be better off restarting this than creating a new topic.

I've been meaning to get a Sonic tattoo for years, and Monday I finally sucked up and got the Super Sonic icon from Sonic 4 tattooed on my left wrist! It looks so much better in real life, the picture doesn't do much justice. It came out perfect!

33785130782315586518391.th.jpg

It's gold if you couldn't tell from the poorly lit photo :P

Edited by Blash
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

Topic bump!

Every year before I go on holiday I like to get some new ink in the form of something Sonic related. This year is no exception, especially with it being Sonic's 20th. So far I've got the Sonic on a Mega Drive pad (as seen in this topic), the SEGA logo in the Sonic banner and Fleetway Super Sonic. I've a few ideas on what I'd like, but with it being a special year, I thought I'd ask you guys of the Sonic community :)

Post pictures, lyrics, you name it, and I'll then consider them all. Or, you can suggest one the ideas below which are what I currently have in mind.

"UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, A + START" - either with arrows and buttons or as text.

"Trouble keeps you running faster."

Classic_sonic_43212453.jpg

Custom wise I'd really like is a Sonic and motobug silhoutte, so If you wanna give this a shot, please do. If I like it that much, I'll pay you £10 (PayPal only). Looking forward to the replies!

Tramp stamp D: ... Yeah, I know it's technically in the area of the lower back where 'tramp stamps' go, but it IS the most logical place for the design, hehe. No one's gonna see 'em unless I show 'em though, since I never wear anything that shows that much skin. It's more a personal identity/satisfaction thing.

Planning on getting another tat this summer while I'm on a cruise, probably at one of the island where we're docking. It's sort of Sonic-related, but hard for me to explain why when I describe it as a red and black yin-yang symbol comprised of two serrated blades (and has nothing to do with Shadow before you ask). I'll have my partner design it properly (she designed my twin-tails one), and then maybe post it up if it seems relevant enough.

I was thinking of getting a Sonic tattoo of the Sonic head from the Sonic Team logo and the Sonic head from Sonic X like somewhere on my wrist.

I don't like the idea of getting a tattoo, but if I had one I think either it would be a gold ring or the chaos emeralds.

Edited by Mysterics

i don't have any sonic tattoo's... yet

i do have a Purple Decepticon Insignia on my left Shoulder and on my right a Red Autobot Insignia if that counts =P

i wanted a Custom SA Styled Sonic in his Soap's on my back, with other characters, right down my Back with the word's

"Hero? or Dark?" as a little (well rather large) nod to SA2

I want the original Sonic emblem on my back, without characters or letters.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the topic bump! I'm new and thought I'd share my tattoos with other Sonic fans :)

I have one of Sonic on my right arm and one of Knuckles on my left arm. The Sonic one is the logo from the Sonic X TV show and the Knuckles one I designed myself but based it on a screenshot from Sonic X too :)

424566_10150676499767573_702055782_n.jpg

393988_10150676499672573_1095923680_n.jpg

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice... I would really like to get one on my back by my shoulders. I'm leaning towards the Sonic Adventure Logo (Just Sonic, no text). How do you think that would come out? Super Sonic with emeralds encircling him might be sweet as well.

sonic_adventurewp1.jpeg

Nice... I would really like to get one on my back by my shoulders. I'm leaning towards the Sonic Adventure Logo (Just Sonic, no text). How do you think that would come out? Super Sonic with emeralds encircling him might be sweet as well.

Hey, if it's what you want and you've thought it through, I say go for it. Personally I think it'd look cool.

I'm planning on getting a Knux tattoo. I've thought about the whole "how's it gonna look when it's old and wrinkled" thing, and the obvious answer is, "old and wrinkled like the rest of me". I'm really not that worried what other people are gonna think about it. It'll more than likely be covered most of the time unless I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt, so only the people who ask to see it will get to. Maybe I won't be as fond of it 10 or 20 years down the road as I'd be right now, but it's not like I'm going to wake up in the morning, look at it, and go OH GOD BURN IT WITH FIRE NOW or anything.

While a tattoo does seem like a cool idea, the one thing that goes against it for me is money. It's an expensive accessory that could very well last for the rest of your life, so unless it's something you still want a year from now, it's an awkward thing to pursue imo.

I do see how some people would want one though. When I went to Video Games Live in London 2006, I found myself talking with another Sonic fan during the intermission, and her passion for the series went as far as tattooing the logo for Shadow the Hedgehog on her back. I respected her view on the matter, but deep down inside I thought a large tattoo would just go a bit too far O.o

• 2 weeks later...

If I ever got one it would probably be on one of my shoulders, and not too big. One of the Sonic heads would be cool, or maybe a classic lampost or spring bumper!

BumperS1SYZ.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...