Awoo.

The Shadow Topic

Kuzu

I just spent the last like hour or so off and on reading the last few pages of this topic and it was an interesting read to get things straight in my head for this response. I'm going to go over a few points on my thoughts on things.

When it comes to my thoughts as to why Shadow is with GUN, I have to agree with Zaysho in that I think Shadow is either only a member of GUN right now in that he needs a stable environment to rest and relax in so that he isn't out roaming around with nowhere to go. He gets a place to sleep in peace and a place to get meals without having to hunt and hope for food. Then the other side if keeping an eye on Rouge in this environment where she is likely in lots of danger with the kind of work she does. Rouge sort of acts like the leader in a way sometimes and Shadow often just seems to go along with whatever she wants, unless it goes against his morals, where he will then step in and put his foot down and put her in her place and make his presence known. (this being best show with the Blaze example already discussed)

Should Shadow Leave GUN and go be a mercenary? Sure, that can work as well, it just likely wouldn't be as stable as the other work, unless Rouge stayed back with GUN and provided him with the stuff he needs to survive on a day to day basis. Shadow would become a mercenary that would be doing what he thinks is good, likely putting him in the middle of things that could make GUN or Sonic unhappy or happy with him depending on his point of view on things. Also, depending on if he is doing more a daily roaming thing where he is bit more like Sonic, but more willing to butt in or if he sets up some sort of shop to be sort of similar to the Chaotix are two different things but slightly similar at the same time.

Shadow comes across more of a Nuetral character, but more in a chaotic kind of way. This is just like how I sort of consider Sonic more of a chaotic good kind of character. Both of them really are going to do what they believe is right in their own ways, and if the law doesn't like that, well screw them, I'm doing it anyway. I've come to this conclusion with Sonic in that, the law, the govt, or kingdom whatever it may be is always trying to stop him from doing what he wants to do, and he often either does it anyway and gets in trouble, or just does it and people come around to his  point of view. Shadow is more neutral in that, unlike Sonic, Shadow's morals of what is right and wrong are a bit different. Sonic is happy to just capture the bad guy or put a stop to them and that's it. Shadow is more the type that will kill the person or willingly kill or cause destruction if it was for the greater good or if he sort of felt like it. He just has that aura about him, but ultimately, he is doing what he thinks is the best way to do without someone telling him what is the proper right and wrong way to go about that. (I like using the example of it likely being someone like Shadow or Knuckles being the ones more likely to finally put an end to Eggman instead of Sonic. Sonic is happy to just defeat him or capture him. Shadow doesn't hold this same code and in many cases, I don't think Knuckles holds this same hero code either. IF either one of them had the chance would they finish him off? I think they likely would if they wanted to do so)

Do I agree with everything the games or archie has done with him? No. I see his potential and know what would likely work, at least in my opinion that is of course. Everyone's is different =)

The main thing I'm trying to get across here is that Shadow just has this air about him that while he is doing what he wants like Sonic does, his methods of doing the right thing is just done in a different way. If archie or game shadow can be put to these uses, he will be a much better character overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I don't get is how not having a place to sleep is apparently a problem when our protagonist is essentially a hobo with no permanent residence. 

What I don't get is how not having a place to sleep is apparently a problem when our protagonist is essentially a hobo with no permanent residence. 

That's the one thing that I do like that Archie shows though. Sonic is a wanderer in that one, not some random hobo that just sleeps everywhere. In the comics, he at least has a home he is trying to protect as well and he does have a place to go back to or go home to when he wishes to do so. That I think fits better for Sonic anyway, since yes he likes to live free and roam, but he still likes to go home and sleep in his own bed from time to time if he wishes to do so.

That's the one thing that I do like that Archie shows though. Sonic is a wanderer in that one, not some random hobo that just sleeps everywhere. In the comics, he at least has a home he is trying to protect as well and he does have a place to go back to or go home to when he wishes to do so. That I think fits better for Sonic anyway, since yes he likes to live free and roam, but he still likes to go home and sleep in his own bed from time to time if he wishes to do so.

Does he still have that home in the new continuity? I mean, even Uncle Chuck was changed into an adventuring scientist, and the SkyPatrol is a mobile base, so...

Does he still have that home in the new continuity? I mean, even Uncle Chuck was changed into an adventuring scientist, and the SkyPatrol is a mobile base, so...

Well, if Knothole is back, his home could be there most likely now, and if he stays on the Skyway patrol at any point, that's still better than just trying to a place to curl up for the night with no place to go ever. He at least still has his purpose of protecting those he cares about in the places that he calls home or that is a base for his friends.

I was under the impression Sonic had a home, but just didn't stay there very much because he's usually running off on an adventure or getting mixed up in a new conflict with Eggman. Secret Rings suggests he has somewhere he crashes at between adventures (I figured it was his house), but Sonic doesn't seem to be the type to want to sit still for very long. I don't think you can equate "adventurer" with "hobo" really.

Though I suppose this is getting off-topic now.

I didn't see it as much of a problem honestly, Sonic goes where he wants and just rests wherever.

Shadow has saved the planet from the the Arc going towards the Earth and from the Black Comet. So he as forgiven the humans

I'm just saying he could be more anti heroic and relenting towards people, not actually friendly like Sonic is. He hasn't forgiven humans as far as I can see it until he admits so from his mouth, he just isn't actual loathesome to them as he was now.

I'm just saying he could be more anti heroic and relenting towards people, not actually friendly like Sonic is. He hasn't forgiven humans as far as I can see it until he admits so from his mouth, he just isn't actual loathesome to them as he was now.

If he's risking his own well being to protect them from harm, and actively joined an organization run by humans. He's probably gotten more accustomed to them.

If he's risking his own well being to protect them from harm, and actively joined an organization run by humans. He's probably gotten more accustomed to them.

Only because someone forced him too, not out of his own free will. In Shadow, he was told by Gerald he had to save the world along with Maria.

Only because someone forced him too, not out of his own free will. In Shadow, he was told by Gerald he had to save the world along with Maria.

And that is what he chose to do, nobody forced him to do it. he wasn't being manipulated, nor did Gerald program him to do so. Shadow had made peace with his past and made the decision to become a defender for humanity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the big thing he is getting at is Shadow is just protecting the people because he feels they should be protected now, that they aren't the true evil out there. If that idea were to change, to where it looks like they are just playing him, Shadow likely could flip back to not liking humans again. Trust is rather easy to break, and with Shadow, he doesn't look like someone you want to screw around with trust issues. It took a lot to get him to come around the first time, so doing it again may be harder if he ever did flip to distrust again.

Well unless a bunch of humans start randomly attacking him, that's not really an issue isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the big thing he is getting at is Shadow is just protecting the people because he feels they should be protected now, that they aren't the true evil out there. If that idea were to change, to where it looks like they are just playing him, Shadow likely could flip back to not liking humans again. Trust is rather easy to break, and with Shadow, he doesn't look like someone you want to screw around with trust issues. It took a lot to get him to come around the first time, so doing it again may be harder if he ever did flip to distrust again.

Plus he tends to look down on weaker people like Gilgamesh from Fate.

Okay new topic, anyone think Shadow should explore his relationship with Rouge more, I mean they are the consistent anti hero parallel to Sonic and Tails. I think some development would be more efficient in future titles with them having bigger roles in the story instead of Omega and Shadow.

Okay new topic, anyone think Shadow should explore his relationship with Rouge more, I mean they are the consistent anti hero parallel to Sonic and Tails. I think some development would be more efficient in future titles with them having bigger roles in the story instead of Omega and Shadow.

I'd like to see all 3 characters get some expansion actually.  I've some say that Team Dark should have their own series.  They'd still be in-universe but they would have adventures/missions separate from Sonic.

Though, to answer your question, if the writers see some opportunity in furthering Shadow's and Rouge's relationship (whether it involves them becoming more closely trusted teammates or becoming an Official Couple) then I say go for it.  It would certainly be interesting.

If the relationship was more of a let's explore their working partnership or it was a case of Shadow simply feels he wants to protect her more because she is like his new family then maybe that would be worth exploring yes. If we are instead talking about them kissing and making out and being a couple, I'm not too sure about that though. They look to have more of a business or brother sister relationship that would be more realistic, at least to me, rather than one of let's be a couple and maybe some day get together kind of relationship.