Awoo.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

buba

Might as well make a new topic instead of bumping the Adventure one.

Well, last week a new Digimon game for the Vita was announced: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

The game is a RPG set in future Japan instead of the Digimon world. Not much is known other than that.

Here are some screens:

Pz07cAm.jpg

6xlLgtC.jpg

znH0Bdg.jpg

New stuff will be revealed during 2014.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is due out in Japan in 2015.

Like the past Digimon games it might never be localized, but at least you can import it this time. Might as well start learning moonrunes at this point.

• Thumbs Up 4

The model shading is unconventional, but I can't say it doesn't look fantastic thus far.

Good thing I have a Vita, which also happens to be region-free. Speaking of which, I really need to get Digimon Adventure... If that game is fan-translated, hopefully.

My boyfriend told me about this the other day. Surprisingly, I'm not massively fussed. ohmy.png  Admittedly the anime is my main interest- the 'original' games that aren't derived from the anime in any way are of limited interest to me. Still, glad to see Digimon chugging along.

As for importing, 'this time'? PSP was region free as well. *owns two copies of Digimon Adventure* tongue.png

Man that looks cool. Remember watching the first, second and third seasons of Digimon growing up and really liking the series. Never played any of the games, but the premise of this one looks too cool; rather than you going into a digital world to find the digimon, you and them live in the same one.

I wonder how the game will play (it can't be like Pokemon, with the digivoling and stuff) but still, that could be a huge thing for the Vita in the west, so I hope the Sony Third Party team finds some way to bring this game over in the states. Either way, I hope the game turns out great smile.png.

• 2 months later...

Media.Vision, the developers of Wild Arms and Valkyria Chronicles III is developing Digimon Stoty: Cyber Sleuth.

According to the same Famitsu article that states this, the protagonist can use a special "Connect Jump" ability to travel between the real and digital world.

Since he became a data body, the protagonist can use terminals in the real world to travel to the digital one.

Using this special ability, the player will become a detective and pursue the perpetrators of an incident.

2sHDtZJ.jpgQYIvH96.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/media-vision-developing-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth

• 3 months later...