Awoo.

Metaphors in the media

WhoWhatMan

Have you ever play through a game or watch a show/movie and wonder if there a deeper meaning to it? I sure do.

So this topic is where you can discuss intended and unintended metaphors in the media! It can range from games, TV shows, comic, books, anime, art, and manga.

So anyway, I recently watch a Anime called Fooly Cooly (Also known as FLCL)

If you just watch it normally, you probably view it as a "lol Japan is on crack again!" anime, but if you watch it a bit more seriously; the whole anime seem to be a big metaphor.

So what the metaphor? The journey to maturity.

I won't go deep into the topic since it does include topics about sex, but I do recommend that you watch the anime yourself (It just 6 episodes long) or read this article about the metaphor: http://www.flclw.com/analysis/ (As I mention before, it does include the topics about sex so avoid reading this if you feel uncomfortable about it.

So that enough of me finding a deeper meaning in Anime that was just made for experimental purposes, what yours?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhoWhatMan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic