Awoo.

Should Sega replace Dimps with Taxman & Stealth?

8ther

The thread title itself oozes negativity actually.

Please explain to me how the thread title -"Should Sega replace Dimps with Taxman and Stealth?"- oozes negativity. You're really reaching here.

I didn't say you or anyone specific here on this forum does it 'all the time', I said 'people always', implying something more along the lines of - there is pretty much always someone somewhere instigating needless negativity to them, where there could be more constructive discussion.

Considering that nobody here in this thread was "bashing Dimps" as you said, saying this:

Why do people always turn things into an excuse to bash Dimps...

...it's getting old.

...was irrelevant to the thread and was unnecessary to even bother bringing up. The title was talking about "should Dimps be replaced with Taxman and Stealth" and you start your post by complaining about people complaining about Dimps.

You seem to be the one to whom the word 'tirade' applies here, as I didn't get angry or hostile in any way during my post, it was just me effectively saying 'here we go again' *rolls eyes*, whereas you appear to be displaying a pinch of hostility towards me.

I am done explaining myself to you anyway.

Again I question whether you actually are knowledgeable about the words I am using (which, regarding the term tirade, I was not referring to you-I was referring to the people you criticized for criticizing Dimps). Going on a tirade is to go on a speech about a long angry speech about criticism or accusation. You said people bashing Dimps is getting old-is that not "milking a tired tirade" as I put it in some sense of the word?

If I seem to be angry or "hostile" (as you are putting it) in any way whatsoever, it is out of sheer annoyance that you seem to be sidestepping any responsibility of anything you said in your first post, which I think you confirmed by deciding to drop out of this argument.

You say you are done explaining yourself to me. I don't think you explained anything about why you found it necessaryin your original post to criticize people who dislike Dimps (which you clarified were outside this forum) in this thread within this forum.

Okay fine, let me iron out a few things.

Regarding the thread title, I do not feel it is difficult to see negativity in it, perhaps it's down to perception, but it really isn't hard to see it.

I stated that the 'people always' part of my comment was meant with regard to a wider scale, not specifically or exclusively to people on this forum or in this thread. And haven't criticised anyone for disliking Dimps, my criticism was regarding the non constructive negativity about them (there is a bit of this in the thread, again not hard to find/see)- I didn't say they get everything right, but they are a decent Dev team.

I am knowledgeable regarding the words you are using (i.e. tirade etc.), I simply misread the sentence.

I am not sidestepping responsibility, I stand by what I said.

I said I was 'dropping out', purely because I feel like it's wasting my time and your time, continuing, not because I want to avoid any responsibility. Chill out and try not to be so heated. I was ironically trying to reduce non constructive negativity (but you only focused on the fairly mild complaint aspect of my post), by providing some opinion/suggestion of decent titles that they were involved with. I'm sure people could reply if they disagree, in a friendly manner and give examples of games they feel are not so good and such. Instead, my contribution to the discussion has ended up with you directing anger/ negativity to me...whatever.

Hopefully you feel that this response is more satisfactory. I will 'drop out' this time for definite, purely because I don't want this thread to end up being littered with 10 pages of us arguing when I really feel that it has only occurred because you have misunderstood me.

I'll admit that hours ago I wasn't feeling too great, so if I was projecting an exceedingly negative tone beforehand I sincerely apologize.

Okay fine, let me iron out a few things.

Regarding the thread title, I do not feel it is difficult to see negativity in it, perhaps it's down to perception, but it really isn't hard to see it.

Saying "I don't see how you can't see it" is not a proper explanation on why you think it has negativity.

I stated that the 'people always' part of my comment was meant with regard to a wider scale, not specifically or exclusively to people on this forum or in this thread.

I still fail to see why you had to bring this up in your post when the thread was about whether Dimps should be replaced as Taxman and Stealth and nobody here was bashing Dimps in their responses.

This is like the fourth time I'm asking this question, and I'm emphasizing this question because this is what started this entire argument in the first place-had you just said "I don't think Dimps is as bad as developer as others make them out to be," I would not have been bothered to post a response, Sonic Pocket Adventure clarification notwithstanding.

And haven't criticised anyone for disliking Dimps, my criticism was regarding the non constructive negativity about them (there is a bit of this in the thread, again not hard to find/see)- I didn't say they get everything right, but they are a decent Dev team.

I am not sidestepping responsibility, I stand by what I said.

The fact that you specifically singled these out in particular as people who "always bash Dimps" and saying that what they are doing is "getting old" in your post (and describing them as "a few people who dislike some of their titles" to boot, there is a lot more to that when it comes to the reasons why people dislike the company) implies you hold some negativity towards these people in the vein of how they express their dislike. Ever since my first response, I've been pointing out that nobody has been doing that in this thread.

You say "there is a little bit of this in this thread," you will have to explain it to me. Again, "I don't see how you can't see it" =/= explaining why you think it has negativity.

And on top of that, even if it does have "a little bit of this in this thread", it still doesn't explain to me why you proceeded to write it out.

Nonetheless, I do not think this is all a big misunderstanding-this entire debate, when boiled down to it's base, is me asking you "why did you post X when it was irrelevant to topic Y," especially when nothing within the thread was implying anything of the sort of X (which you claim it is, but have so far have not explained how to me.)

For accusing anyone of being on a high horse, you seem really pressed to put people in the spotlight of being "white knights," of baww'ing, and of ultimately mucking up a topic for what was ultimately a single part of a relatively innocuous post Gabe, all of which is ironically off-topic and far more annoying than sploit's original post. Knock it off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dimps is doing fine the fans cant adjust.

Sonic 4 was a good game and it was boring like the classic games and why do people always want fan producers to replace companies? Its like the one thread I saw on Sega where they wanted them to replace Iizuka ;p

@Nep and sploit Sorry.

Dimps is doing fine the fans cant adjust.

Sonic 4 was a good game and it was boring like the classic games and why do people always want fan producers to replace companies? Its like the one thread I saw on Sega where they wanted them to replace Iizuka ;p

Dimps's games after Rush Adventure have suffered a noticeable drop in quality after Rush Adventure. Their games do sell well, I'll give you that, and up to Lost World their critical reception was consistently "good," but it's a far cry from the reviews they got with the Advance and Rush series. Lost World 3DS in particular I think it's the first handheld Sonic game to actually get ranked lower than the console version by aggegorate scores.

Also not everyone wants fan producers to replace companies. People who claimed fangames like Sonic 2 HD, Sonic Fan Remix, and the like; along with Taxman/Stealth's work with their ports and remasters were proof of people "doing it better than Sega ever could" with Sonic 4 and Generations usually punch a lot of people's beserk buttons.

@Gabe - no worries let's move on from it and get along. :)

It's a fair point that the handheld series has at times been more popular with both fans and critics alike.

I would quite like to see Taxman and Stealth work on an original title in some capacity, as I think that their work on Hidden Palace Zone, shows that when they are given the option to get creative, they really can deliver :)

But I feel Dimps has contributed a lot of good to the series and would like to see more from them too.

On a side note, I would like to see another Sonic game from the devs who made SegaSonic The Hedgehog (think it was the team that was once known as Hitmaker!)!

My opinion on Dimps is that they shine when they're on their own projects. SRA was a great game with terrible sales. Since then they've been on Sega's bitch work, which is this whole handheld port business. They need to be allowed original projects again. Are handheld versions just more profitable than a new handheld series? If I own the console version I feel no need to buy the low end portable version, or maybe that's just me. As for the Taxman/Stealth question, if Sega was feeling generous they could let them loose on the smartphone market with an expanded team and original title. That'd be very cool to see. But if I was looking at Sega's business angle I would definitely not cut Dimps out of the picture. Taxman/Stealth are only proven in retro gaming, and while retro has always been particularly successful for Sonic, Dimps could be put to work on more ambitious projects. But Sega should consider their future with Tax & Stealth because I'm sure these phone ports are bringing them waves of new money, and the reason for that is they're not broken as all hell and worth getting excited over. I guess I'd like original work from both teams here.

I guess if you think about it from a technical standpoint dimps' recent games haven't been bad, just watered down and not as spectacular as their console counterparts, sure not everyone likes them but they aren't really bad either and as much as everyone keeps on saying it the sonic 4 episodes weren't bad either, just not up to the expectations everyone had for them.