Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Oh, yeah with Starlight and Sunburst. 

Also Moondancer, Gilda, the Equal Ponies(apparently), Discord, Bon Bon, Rutherford(I guess), Big Mac, Silverspoon, the Apples & Pies, and Coloratura.

Oh and in the latter case, Applebloom and Troubleshoes.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Also Moondancer, Gilda, the Equal Ponies(apparently), Discord, Bon Bon, Rutherford(I guess), Big Mac, Silverspoon, the Apples & Pies, and Coloratura.

Oh and in the latter case, Applebloom and Troubleshoes.

Huh, didn't realize that.

Also, I was thinking of watching the Perfect Pear. Does it feature a lot of magic in it?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Huh, didn't realize that.

Also, I was thinking of watching the Perfect Pear. Does it feature a lot of magic in it?

If that the one with Not!Sam Eliot? No.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

May I ask: Who is that white alicorn and why does Lily Orchard seem to have it out for Dr. Wolf and especially SilverQuill now?

1.) Lightning Bliss

2.) It maybe a combination of them (or at least Josh) having conservative and her having history with Josh, especially as he came out to having a abusive Friendship with her.

1.) Lightning Bliss

2.) It maybe a combination of them (or at least Josh) having conservative and her having history with Josh, especially as he came out to having a abusive Friendship with her.

So...enemies by proxy?

Kind of, though she goes after Josh a lot more than Dr. Wolf. 

Clearly.

SilverQuill is the one that confuses me, though.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Clearly.

SilverQuill is the one that confuses me, though.

From what I recall, she apparently got offended by his criticisms about Cadance being an underdeveloped character, or misinterpreted it as meaning she's a bad mother. 

7 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

From what I recall, she apparently got offended by his criticisms about Cadance being an underdeveloped character, or misinterpreted it as meaning she's a bad mother. 

D'oh, really? :joy:

I mean, she sorta is, but she doesn't really need to be with her usual level of prominence.

41 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

D'oh, really? :joy:

I mean, she sorta is, but she doesn't really need to be with her usual level of prominence.

That's the thing other characters of near equal prominence are often given more development, like Maud. Pipsqueak himself arguably has fewer appearances than Cadance, yet seems to have more depth.

Edited by RedFox99
Felt that Pipsqueak would be a better comparison

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

That's the thing other characters of near equal prominence are often given more development, like Maud. Trixie herself arguably less prominence than Cadance, yet seems to have more depth.

Yeah, sometimes that can happen in shows. Antagonists in particular seem to inherently receive more color than other characters.

Cadence being an Alicorn Princess just inherently invites people to pay attention to her and notice how she's just so basic in characterization.

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Pipsqueak himself arguably has fewer appearances than Cadance, yet seems to have more depth.

Who?

On 9/1/2018 at 7:42 PM, DabigRG said:

Who?

The foal who Luna befriend in the Nightmare Night episode and became class president in Crusaders of the Last Mark.

45 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

The foal who Luna befriend in the Nightmare Night episode and became class president in Crusaders of the Last Mark.

Oh yeah, the British colt with the eye patch.

Eh, I suppose...? 

This week’s episode The Washouts signals the return of Lightning Dust.

I’m iffy about this one. Mostly middle of the road. It’s almost like Simpson’s Bart the Daredevil or even Spongebob’s Living Like Larry but weaker.

Things to like were Short Fuse, Spitfire’s talk down, and some of RD’s maturity.

Despite some maturity, RD does get her ego in the way at points that were annoying. Scootaloo felt like she is following the beats of the plot as plot device than a character esp. how she flipped about safety when she was going to do the stunt. Almost some steps backward for her character. Also, not even caring about practicing for it either. Lightning Dust being vilified esp. near the ending felt rather forced and unnecessary. Just seems to make her the Trixie to Rainbow’s Twilight (back in the day).

Even though it is a small detail and gesture, it surprises me how it can make somepony feel OOC for a moment. I’m talking about Rarity and AJ cheering in the stands when Scoots was about to do her stunt. I mean, it’s their little sisters’ best friend risking life and limb and they’re encouraging it? Doubt they do the same if Sweetie or Apple Bloom was taking a risk like that.

Overall, an average one for me.

Well this week's episode was certainly interesting.

I think I'll start with what I found to be the strongest aspect of it, Rainbow herself. It's another example of clearly seeing how far a character has come over the years. Sure she still does her usual shtick of self love towards the beginning but the further along the episode progresses the more you see her handle things with a certain maturity. A side of her that definitely wasn't there in the earlier seasons. It was quite surprising to see as she really played that older sister role well here.

Hell, even the rest of the main six played a good role in this. You saw that they knew Rainbow's tendency's and literally just serve as support instead of directly trying to steer her down a specific path. It was all actually some well done character interaction and writing.

Though, I did have a bit of a problem with the way the episode was told. Honestly, the plot itself is still verily predictable and I was left just seeing it through till the end without much to go along with it. Most of the jokes it tries to tell fall flat and while the moral was good, you saw it coming from a mile away.

So yeah, overall a very well written episode (character-wise) but one that lacks a bit in actual entertainment value. A strange combination to say the least.

Also, is it just me or does Spitfire's voice change literally every single time she's in an episode? Her she sounded like Ruby from SU.

So, confession time: I actually saw this episode a week or two early under the impression it was that week's episode, so I didn't bother rewatching it and am just going off what I remember.

11 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Despite some maturity, RD does get her ego in the way at points that were annoying. Scootaloo felt like she is following the beats of the plot as plot device than a character esp. how she flipped about safety when she was going to do the stunt. Almost some steps backward for her character. Also, not even caring about practicing for it either. 

Yeah, I noticed that she was oddly vindictive and brash about this. I was honestly wondering if I missed something that Rainbow did to upset her.

11 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Lightning Dust being vilified esp. near the ending felt rather forced and unnecessary. Just seems to make her the Trixie to Rainbow’s Twilight (back in the day).

To be fair, I think that was almost always the general idea in the end.

3 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Well this week's episode was certainly interesting.

Woah, you got a promotion?! 

Good on ya, Selenia!

Though, I did have a bit of a problem with the way the episode was told. Honestly, the plot itself is still verily predictable and I was left just seeing it through till the end without much to go along with it. Most of the jokes it tries to tell fall flat and while the moral was good, you saw it coming from a mile away.

So yeah, overall a very well written episode (character-wise) but one that lacks a bit in actual entertainment value. A strange combination to say the least.

Yeah, the moment Scootaloo starts idealizing these Washouts and especially once Lightning Dust first shows up(period even), you  know where is inherently going.

Also, is it just me or does Spitfire's voice change literally every single time she's in an episode? Her she sounded like Ruby from SU.

I was wondering if she just putting on a voice for dramatic effect myself.

She sound less like herself and more like a screechy Iron Will(or yes, Army).

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I know it's not really that big of a sample of the MLP community, but so far it seems like season 8 is at best average.

Really now? Why? And how are the other seasons in comparison?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Really now? Why? And how are the other seasons in comparison?

It's just that the average reception on this thread for this season's episodes seems to be okay at best.

39 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's just that the average reception on this thread for this season's episodes seems to be okay at best.

Oh.

Okay, I thought you were talking in general.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Oh.

Okay, I thought you were talking in general.

I'm sure about the general consensus on this season to be honest.