Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Oh hey, a teaser image for Twilight Time! Given the premise, it sounds pretty tame and down to earth.

1901740_617994888249597_816666925_n.png

Lesson Zero 2: Electric Boogaloo

Finally a preview of the new episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8amoVtS5vQ

Pfft! I'm so exicited for this episode already. It really looks promising and it looks like that the CMC might have something to write in the journal in this episode, and who knows, song possibly and another Rainbow reaction

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally a preview of the new episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8amoVtS5vQ

Pfft! I'm so exicited for this episode already. It really looks promising and it looks like that the CMC might have something to write in the journal in this episode, and who knows, song possibly and another Rainbow reaction

"What? We've had Equestria's new princess living here all this time!? OMG CELEBRITY!!!!!" Seriously, what the hell? They're just now noticing that she's a princess after an even that was bigger than a presidential inauguration?

I really liked Filli Vanilli, although Pinkie irked me a lot. nice to see not only Flutterguy's return, but Fluttershy enjoying singing so much that she didn't wanna quit. I wish i could sing well enough so that a famous local group would invite me to join them! >:( But yeah they totally never heard her sing before. 

Also, semi-related to Filli Vanilli: LMFAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2BDaOTV8GE

I'm gonna put this under spoilers for now.

Well one of my predictions came true. Earlier this week I did predict that the CMC would write in the journal because they learned their lesson, turns out it came true

:D. Now halfway into Season 4. The Equestria Games should be happening soon. It can't be just a normal game...something bad has to happen hey...(Oh fuck my friend might be right after all, I'm so screwed and I'll owe my friend money)

Oh hey, a teaser image for Twilight Time! Given the premise, it sounds pretty tame and down to earth.

1901740_617994888249597_816666925_n.png

Well if I didn't know any better, I'd say that white one with the brown spots was Pipsqueak from that "Luna Eclipsed" episode.

And so the Equestrian burger bar fic became canon.

If Pinkie Pride were fantastic the S4 ending will be some ride.

This episode for me was kinda… eh…

Again, not really a CMC fan when it comes to them in 'crusading' mode where they come off as annoying and are usually the troublemakers, possibly creating unwanted conflict for others as seen here. Even they’re not as much crusading in this episode, but still come off as troublemakers through and through. I seriously hope they get their Cutie Marks soon (Don't see how they can make this last all series especially trying to keep this subplot fresh for five more years.).

Well, the few things I like were the burger restaurant scene and a bit of the beginning where they were training.

Also, what brought the episode down for me are DT and SS as they managed to be more obnoxious and shallower than ever and still retain their 1-dimensional personas throughout the entire episode, even if they were acting nice. What’s worse was they managed to infect the other kids at school with their shallowness and celebrity worshipping as well. Oh Pip, how could they written you like this and made matters worse (Luna’s supposed to be your favorite princess, dang it!)? Even the CMC had gotten caught in the glitz and glamor of celebrity relations and the situation gradually went downhill even further.

Another thing is I don’t like neither care about the concept/stories of gaining fame through celebrity status and celebrity gossip/Paparazzi. It’s the type of idol-worshipping that is a real put off to me. Not to mention it feels like a TMZ/E! TV special and I hate that kind of crap.

As for Twilight, yeah, I was kinda right about the whole focusing on princesshood used as a blatant plot device and they didn’t expand much on it other than some acknowledgement and her easing into mentorship which she could easily do without the princess title as being a bookworm/egghead is an already established character trait. Not to mention the whole concept about the kids caring that she’s princess now despite living in the public library throughout all this time feels awkward/iffy and like poor writing, even though she’s been living like ordinary citizen to the point that even the ponies/adults at the burger joint didn’t seem care that they have an alicorn princess in their midst. (Make up your minds writers!) Also, a bit worried of how Twilight may be turning into a Celestia 2.0, but that’s just me.

Though I think Apple Bloom’s potion making/growth formulas (and probably Sweetie Belle’s magic) could make interesting and entertaining episodes such as CMC trying out many potions and transforming into many kinds of things like turning into adults or giants, species swapping/changing into different animals, even gender bending and etc. There’s a lot of potential into what they can do with this kind of concept.

So yeah this episode didn’t work for me because of the cliché and obnoxious bullies and the CMC's actions didn’t help things either. At least, Pinkie didn't tick me off as last week and that's because she was there for a quick gag.

While not as good as some of the previous episodes in my opinion, this was a fun episode.

This episode even more clearly establishes that Twilight has grown up a lot. The way she handled discipline and how calm she was throughout the ordeal not mention being a mentor on top of that shows that she's become a lot like Celestia.

Speaking of Twilight it's about time we explore more of her Princess status since throughout most of the season, it's been pushed aside. By the way, Twilight, learn some manners when eating. Sheesh.

The CMC are also growing up as well. Finally Sweetie Belle is able to do some magic. This episode seems to hint at what their destinies will be based on what Twilight has been teaching them. By the way, Scootaloo's squee was adorable!

All in all, I'm glad that the show is showing how the characters have grown up and having explored some more mature topics as well.

I actually got bored halfway through. And I actually like the CMC. Without spoiling anything, it felt too much cliched for my liking. Twilight still made the episode enjoyable, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

My thoughts on the episode:

Pros:

- PIP! Nice to see he's back! This means Luna's going to appear soon right? Right!?! *cries*

- It's just nice to see how this show has progressed in small areas. In season one that hay burger place would of easily been a regular burger place with no changes what so ever. It's a nice little touch of detail.

- It could just be the fact that I knew nothing about this episode going into it but I was actually intrigued with how all this would play out throughout my first viewing.

- I liked how they used the kid characters like the CMC to have their inevitable "being a princess is cool" episode instead of the older ponies.

- *Sees how Twilight eats*... never change Purple Smart.

Cons:

- Advent was definitely right in what he said. We don't need another Celestia. Use the one you already have if you're going to do stuff like this. Hell, Celestia needs more character building (along with Luna). Twilight already has a well defined and great character. Don't change it.

- While I was interested with  where it was all going to lead to throughout the episode, I did find the overall plot to be very cliche. There was a thought going through the back of my head that kept repeating "When is Twilight going to catch on and rightfully scold and teach them a lesson?".

- Another episode in a TV show where every character becomes evil just because a few others are doing it. Great...

- People keep saying that they're mad that the CMCs haven't found their cutie marks yet but I have another issue with them... well actually the writers. I don't think the writers know who exactly the CMC are. Their characteristics change with every episode they're in and this one was no exception. Suddenly Sweetie Bell can't tell when enough is enough. Wasn't she the voice of reason between Apple Bloom and Scootaloo just a few episodes ago?

So yeah, not the strongest outing for season 4 so far. It was basically an episode built around it's moral with little to back it up. While it had some great moments, it definitely doesn't stand out from your regular, run of the mill "I'm lying/ using you so much that this is all going to blow up in my face by the end" plots. I enjoyed my initial viewing, but this probably isn't something I'm going to revisit any time soon.

Well that was an episode, I guess. I hesitate to call it a “bad” episode as there weren’t any major problems with the characterization, world building or the moral. Nor do I feel that calling it predictable is a valid criticism (FIM is written for a young audience and rarely pulls off effective twists in its narrative). It was just boring most of the time which is surprising for a Polsky episode, as controversial as his stories can get they never fail to be entertaining.

There were some really great bits in the episode, the CMC advancing their skills (especially SB learning magic), DT’s butler abuse, more Pipsqueak, the entire Restaurant scene ( easily the best part of the episode), Fry pony drooling on the gate, and Spike’s nachos. Aside from that there wasn’t much to keep me interested since the humor was usually absent and the stakes were way too low to create interesting character drama. Also, a minor nitpick, why did it take this long for DT and SS to realize the CMC were connected to Twilight? Even without Twi’s personal tutoring they were always 2 degrees of separation from her since their big sisters are her BFFs.

I really wished Dave pushed the conflict way more in this episode; make the CMC exploit their friendship so egregiously that Twilight is actually visibly uncomfortable with the extra attention becomes truly upset/saddened when the truth is revealed. As it stands “Twilight Time” is just everything nice without the sugar, spice or chemical X that makes most episodes interesting and memorable.

• Thumbs Up 2

This analysis scares me a bit

4e3.jpg

I swear Meghan, if you're going in this direction....I SWEAR 

And thus Princess Skyla is born :/ !

This analysis scares me a bit

4e3.jpg

I swear Meghan, if you're going in this direction....I SWEAR 

Haha, na. We know they're not going to pull the pregnancy card in a show like this. I mean who has she even hooked up with in the last four seasons? I can't think of a sing-

e9Yllch.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm in the middle of re-watching Twilight Time to get a better opinion of it. I must say, Princess Twilight eating her hayburger messily was absolutely adorable. In a way, it shows her growth as an alicorn princess, from being extremely organized to the point of driving her nuts to much more relaxed. It makes her look "adorkable" without retconning her character.

I'm in the middle of re-watching Twilight Time to get a better opinion of it. I must say, Princess Twilight eating her hayburgerS messily was absolutely adorable. In a way, it shows her growth as an alicorn princess, from being extremely organized to the point of driving her nuts to much more relaxed. It makes her look "adorkable" without retconning her character.

I had to make a quick correction here, because she had like... 5 of those things sitting there.  I mean, fuck, she probably ate all the nachos Spike made too.

Also:

559221.gif

This is like, the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.  I've never considered simply using more food as a napkin.

• Thumbs Up 3

I had to make a quick correction here, because she had like... 5 of those things sitting there.  I mean, fuck, she probably ate all the nachos Spike made too.

The huge pile of nachos can actually be seen in the trash can outside her house, near the end of the episode xP   I'd grab a screenshot but I can't find one right now, so...

The huge pile of nachos can actually be seen in the trash can outside her house, near the end of the episode xP   I'd grab a screenshot but I can't find one right now, so...

...well I bet she could've eaten them all.  

If anything, it'll be Cadance and Shining Armor having a baby (especially if "Princess Skyla" becomes a show character rather than just being a random toy). That's sorta the next logical step for those two characters, though I don't think it's really necessary either...

Anyhow, I liked yesterday's episode. The final scenes were actually really sweet; seeing the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally succeed at the things Twilight was training them in was..strangely feels-y especially best CMC Sweetie full on using her magic. Speaking of which, I really, really like the concept of Twilight playing the role of mentor.

Something I thought was a little odd was Sweetie Belle in a few moments. It wasn't bad per se, it just felt a little odd at times since she's played the voice of reason before. That being said, I suspect her attitude here was partially Rarity's influence. I mean, caring about their social status and all that.

"When I don't smile in a picture, I look sad." is probably the funniest line in the episode for some reason. I know how Scootaloo feels there.

By the way, "we've made a huge mistake", soon followed by "oh, come on"? I'm guessing Polsky is an Arrested Development fan...

This is like, the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.  I've never considered using more food as a napkin and then eating it.

I assumed that was a common thing, but apparently I'm as much of a genius as that tiny horse. Time to make millions teaching people this glorious skill!

Could someone please explain to me why I did this:

560319__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_meme_

Why?

And why am I still Laughing?!

You like hayburgers don't you Twilight?

• Thumbs Up 3