Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Okay, awesome! You made some really good points as well.

But I have to ask this, in "Flight to the Finish", did anyone else have their heart ripped out at this moment?

Scootaloo_looks_at_her_blank_flank_S4E05

I didn't even know what to feel about this, there was anger and sadness as far as the eye could see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maud Pie was the best episode I have seen in long time. Now I hope for the rock farm and Maud Pie to come back again.

I'm trying to think upon an explanation as to why Maud wasn't in the Cutie Mark Chronicles but managed to make that photo in Pinkie Pride, just wait a mo...

Okay, so how about this; we know that Maud and Pinkie are very close, right? It must have been heartbreaking for Maud to see Pinkie so miserable on the Rock Farm, so she'd try to support Pinkie in her own way, but otherwise would be the last to want to see Pinkie if she was really upset since it'd hurt her so much.

So imagine on that day of the Rainboom, she hears the boom but thinks nothing of it. A while after, the rest of the family suddenly start to hear a commotion from the barn and, knowing that Maud is with them, has to be from Pinkie. Maud naturally thinks that this is one of Pinkie's extremely upset phases, so she decides to stay behind while the rest of the family investigate. It's only when she starts to hear a whole bunch of voices laughing and cheering that she decides to go out and see what Pinkie was up to (and this is after the scene in CMC). When she gets there, she sees Pinkie brighter than she's ever been, and this manages to make Maud break into the biggest smile she's ever done. Then family photo to celebrate it.

Blargh.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, awesome! You made some really good points as well.

But I have to ask this, in "Flight to the Finish", did anyone else have their heart ripped out at this moment?

Scootaloo_looks_at_her_blank_flank_S4E05

I didn't even know what to feel about this, there was anger and sadness as far as the eye could see.

Meh, that's the usual "Yank the Dog's Chain" the writers have  a fetish for when it comes to "will the CMC get their cutie marks?" Granted, I did groan a bit when they resorted to that yet again at the end of the episode, but I wouldn't say I wasn't excepting it so I wasn't that torn on it either.

Meh, that's the usual "Yank the Dog's Chain" the writers have  a fetish for when it comes to "will the CMC get their cutie marks?" Granted, I did groan a bit when they resorted to that yet again at the end of the episode, but I wouldn't say I wasn't excepting it so I wasn't that torn on it either.

I swear though dude, my heart stopped on that moment. Scoots is my absolute favorite CMC!

We officially landed on an another planet.

MjfJlVIxdio.jpg

I won't lie, that's pretty cool. ^^

I just got Friends Forever #3, and I really enjoyed it. Easily my favorite of the subseries so far. I won't spoil too much, but it really develops Celestia's and Spike's friendship, and may be some of the best Celesta characterization we've seen, in or out of the TV series. The two make an unlikely pair, but they play off of each other really well.

Despite Friends Forever's rough start, the series is really picking up steam, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!

Yay, finally a clip of the new episode...

I'm going to put it in spoiler tag just in case no one wants a spoiler. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8nCzd2aPCc

All I have to say about this clip and Sweetie snapping at her sis 

tumblr_lvqqowVMeb1r3ovdbo1_250.gif

She getting sassy! I would've slapped her

I forgot, what is this week's episode's premise?

Capture.PNG

Now we have to wait until tomorrow to see what Visuals awaits us.

Stunning visuals? Makes sense as it'll mostly take place in a dream, but still gonna have to wait and see.

It'll be tough to beat a realistic Gummy and a real life dancing rubber chicken though.

24m6rg6.jpg

So a follow-up to last year's Elements of Harmony book is on the way titled "The Journal of the Two Sisters: The Official Chronicles of Princesses Celestia and Luna." It's written by Amy Keating Rogers and tells the history of said royal twins. It also includes a bonus section showcasing all of the morals the Mane Six and others wrote in their journal during Season 4, so I think we can assume that it'll also hold a Season 4 episode guide and song lyrics to go with the content represented by the first three seasons in the previous book.

Sounds really interesting. Never thought they'd use the sequel to basically a trivia and other such matters book to give a bit more background on the sisters. Definitely gonna have to pick this up to go with the other one. smile.png

Oh, so they C&D'd who is most likely the best fan animator we have...

Let me munch over this for a while...

just-fuck-everything_o_610689.gif

And I was looking forward to this week's episode...

I know they are not related in any way (and I'm still going to watch it) but... Way to kill the happy mood. sad.png

EDIT: Oh and I totally forgot about the DST switch, this day keeps getting worse for me. D:

• Thumbs Up 5

Another fine mess that Hasbro has caused in regards to the C&D of Jan Animations plus PinkyPony laughing at the misfortune of that really makes me want to march down to their legal HQ, tear heads off and mount them on the wall above the fireplace in my house.  Also PinkyPony needs to be fed to the sharks for laughing at Jan Animations misfortune.  As a result of that I'll be skipping the next few pony episodes to show that there are consequences for messing with a fandom as large as this one.

*Mumble grumble mumble. Oh sorry, just still pissed at the recent bad news about Jananimations .

My respect for Hasbro is running very thin at the moment. 

It was an alright episode to say the least. The episode picked up during the latter half with the dream sequences and of course, (Best) Princess Luna. Not as strong as Sisterhooves Special in terms of Rarity and Sweetie Belle interaction/bonding, but still nice nonetheless. 

Things that I liked were again Princess Luna and the dream sequences, Apple Bloom’s “Classy” line, continuity with Sapphire Shores, and the chase scene near the end.

Despite a stronger second half, the first half felt flat and pretty boring and of course, have to endure Sweetie B*tch for quite a while. Careful, Sweetie, you’re edging near Diamond Tiara level of annoyance. Also, I have to blame the ponies who watched the play for not being truthful about the whole thing and been honest (I’m looking at you Granny Smith in the left hand corner, but even AJ would have been hesitant like in Talent Showstoppers). Still, they could have at least given some constructive criticism and that kids can be able to handle it. 

Also, you have a fan favorite Princess and a CMC who happens to be the singer of the group. Both of them are in a dreamlike realm where anything visual can happen. Yet NO SONG SEQUENCE! Inexcusable! Such huge missed opportunity right there.  

About Princess Luna, not that she was bad in this episode and was fine, but I’m starting to miss the whole Luna Eclipse persona with the Canterlot Voice and whatnot. Also, Sweetie did asked Luna to stop the nightmare sequence as she pretty much learned her lesson and Luna was kinda at fault to delay her before Rarity left. 

The episode was OK, not strong as Sisterhooves Special and maybe not a strong Luna appearance as Luna Eclipse, but still alright. 

This really sucks! Jan was one of the best animators in the fandom too! This really puts into question the future of works like Flufflepuff and is going to discourage those who wish to do fan animations of their own.

This serves as a reminder to always save stuff because they can disappear at any time.

As for this week's episode, It was great to see Luna appear again, especially since it wasn't just a one time thing this time around. Her voice sounded strange towards the end, so it looks like someone else did her voice rather than her usual one. The dream sequence certainly got intense dare I say disturbing towards the end. It was nice to see Sapphire Shores make a return as well.

I'm really surprised at how Sweetie Belle acted towards Rarity. She makes the dresses on short notice, everyone likes them, but yet she thinks Rarity stole the spotlight and goes as far as to sabotage her work? Damn! I do like how they handled Luna showing Sweetie Belle the mistake she made and how things got resolved in the end.

All in all, this was a good episode and probably my favorite Dave Polsky episode to date.

I have seen better S4 episodes, but there was some highlights like the return of Luna and the dream sequences.

And such a shame about JanAnimations.

I liked this episode alot, especially the dream sequence.

Btw, did anyone else notice similarities between the dream and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens?

Luna did show Sweetie Belle the past, present and future...

Luna confirmed for being the Ghost of Christmas Past/Present/Future!!!

Another fine mess that Hasbro has caused in regards to the C&D of Jan Animations plus PinkyPony laughing at the misfortune of that really makes me want to march down to their legal HQ, tear heads off and mount them on the wall above the fireplace in my house.  Also PinkyPony needs to be fed to the sharks for laughing at Jan Animations misfortune.  As a result of that I'll be skipping the next few pony episodes to show that there are consequences for messing with a fandom as large as this one.

Uh, yeah, sure, one less viewer will certainly have large repercussions...

Also, while it's sad for Jan Animations, I understand why Hasbro did that. It's their property and they have the right to do that. They're protecting their stuff. And let's face the facts : they've been quite cool towards the fandom already, letting people create stuff like fanart, songs, remixes, websites and even greeting the fans in the show itself ! Other companies wouldn't have let most stuff pass. Be realistic, people. Hasbro (and MLP) is a business company, not your friends. Sure they let you play with their toys, but you have to pay for them first ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

It's a shame Hasbro has to do this, but sometimes they have no choice. =/ I don't agree with them doing this to Jan Animations, but maybe he was asking for it when he had the CMC dancing around his logo and not the Hasbro one. What I do agree with however is Hasbro stopping MLP related dakimakura from being sold online for a profit. That is wrong!

In regards to the C&D I'm torn. On one hand I can understand Hasbro protecting their content that I would hate to see them lose due to the absolute mess that is the government; but on the other hand this is starting to feel like a common occurrence. It seems like more than half of long term fan projects in this fandom end due to a C&D. It worries me about the future of this fandom and this sort of content. I know events like this can't be helped but I just wish there was some other option instead of ending it outright. Especially with a project that had so much promise like this one. I wish Jan and his team the best of luck in their future endeavors and I hope they continue to add to the fandom in some form (seriously, his animations are amazing!). 

Now in regards to the episode...

It started off as a normal Saturday for me. I got up, took a quick shower, and had my normal cup of tea; Green with a bit of sugar. I hopped into my work clothes quickly after and drove to my job in retail where I sold a couple of games and discussed much about the new infamous to interested customers. At 3, my shift was over so I drove home. I got some lunch and went down stairs to my tv. I accessed my DVR and found it had recorded the most recent episode of MLP for me. I saw it's a Sweetie Belle episode and without any other knowledge I started it up. I'm greeted to some nice sisterly interaction between Rarity and Sweetie Belle and am really enjoying this episode. It had some believable lines, nice animation, but something felt weird. Like this story paralleled an already set plot point. I brushed this off due to the fact that I know what I was thinking couldn't be true because DHX and the writers seem to forget that character even exists most of the time. Ignoring my wishful thinking, I progress into the episode when it shifts to a dream sequence. At this point my suspicions were coming back in full force. I forced them down due to not wanting to be disappointed but then... then... she appeared... Princess Luna...

Pros:

- Woona the Moonbutt

Cons:

- What the hell took so long DHX?!?!

Overall, Luna luna luna luna luna episode luna.

10/10, 5/5, Luna/Luna, would watch again (Luna).

Done. Best episode of season 4. Everyone go home.

Ok, now that I have that out of my system... Here's my... more put together thoughts *switches Luna bias off*:

Pros:

-... Luna

- Again, I can't overstate how much I love the moral of this episode and how it parallels Luna's story. A very nice touch that could of easily been ignored in the writing process. 

- Wow, Spike is so classy in this. XD

- That whole rant Sweetie Belle goes on about the color red was hilarious.

- Nice to see Sapphire Shores again.

- That dream sequence was amazingly trippy and well done.

- Hey, pony Oscars.

- I'm with Sweetie Belle and those show tones though.

- I love how the rest of the main six weren't overplayed in this one like in previous episodes.

- "It's a dolphin. That's my lucky animal! They swim with me in my dreams."... Ok then.

Cons:

- The way Sweetie Belle acted for about the first half of the episode did kind of seem off to me. I can understand that she was frustrated but even then her actions seemed pretty drastic and also a bit unnecessary.

- Man, those little kids were jerks. I mean really, it's like they were all written as Diamond Tiara or something.

Side Notes:

- So can Luna actually see into the future or was she just dramatically speculating the outcome. Probably the later though.

- Serious question; exactly how long does it take to get from Ponyville to Canterlot by train? Because we have that MMMystery episode telling us it's at least a night and this one telling us it's a couple of hours.

- So last season we had a Scootaloo episode with Luna, this one was with Sweetie Belle. Does this mean next season we're getting one with Apple Bloom? Yes!

*Edit: An extra note I forgot to add earlier*

- I did notice Luna's voice change. In fact, I actually do recall mentioning it happening back in Scootaloo's episode. I think it has changed every single time she has appeared so far to be honest. There could be multiple reasons for this though I think the main one being that she's so rarely used that when she does come up the writers/ voice actor forget what/who the character is actually like and start changing things to make her fit into what they believe she is at that given time. That or they go back to see what the character is like and find that there are already multiple ways she's been portrayed so they just try to fix things, only ending up changing her a bit more in the process. Seriously, go back and watch some of her other appearances (should take you all but 4 minutes sadly) and then watch her here just to see the changes. It's a sad problem that can only be fixed with (and this is with my bias opinion aside) using her more but I just don't see that happening. Well anyways, I did like how she was portrayed here so... I guess it's not to big of an issue at the moment. *long note over*

Overall, I did quite enjoy this episode. It's a nice little episode that plainly focuses on character building for Sweetie Belle. While it's not quite my favorite of season 4 so far, it is a great watch in my book.

... *causally re-flips switch*

Luuuuuuuunnnnaaaaa!

finally!

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh, yeah, sure, one less viewer will certainly have large repercussions...

Also, while it's sad for Jan Animations, I understand why Hasbro did that. It's their property and they have the right to do that. They're protecting their stuff. 

Every time something like this happens, there are people always saying that Hasbro is "protecting their license.".

I'm seriously confused... How in the world is going to make Hasbro lose their license to the brand? I could understand if they were making money off of it, but as far as I can tell, Jan Animations was not making money off of his animations.

Can someone enlighten me on this? I have no Idea how this copyright system works... Is it really that complicated or is it just that confusing? 

Anyone got ideas where I can watch season 4? The powers that be are doing a preety good job of having it blocked on youtube.

I do have Netflix, so I have access to the other seasons. I might just have to wait awhile before seeing season 4. :/

As for this week's episode, It was great to see Luna appear again, especially since it wasn't just a one time thing this time around. Her voice sounded strange towards the end, so it looks like someone else did her voice rather than her usual one.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.  The credits still listed Tabitha St. Germain as the voice of Luna, but it did sound different.  Oddly enough, Nicole Oliver was listed in the credits for Princess Celestia while I don't recall her appearing in this episode.  Maybe Nicole filled in for some reason.

As for the last two episodes... absolutely loved them.  Maud Pie was glorious and I pray she returns someday.  And I always enjoy a CMC episode, especially one that surrounds Sweetie Belle.  Season 4 started off slow, but it has really turned into some of the most enjoyable episodes in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

This episode is much better on its second viewing, the first time I watched it I found Sweetie's actions in the first act to be really forced but once I understood what happened on her birthday her behavior was understandable. I really love how this episode developed Sweetie Belle as a character and gave her more individuality among the CMC. She’s more than just the squeaky mini-marshmallow pony, we got to see some her past, her motivation,  her desires and her potential to become very malicious.

What really great about this story is that it would only work with Sweetie Belle thus showing that the CMC have enough depth as character to not be interchangeable in most situations.  Applebloom could become upset with her sister in certain situations but she has enough experience working on the farm to understand the consequences of intentionally harming the business and Scootaloo idolizes Dash too much to ever become jealous or vengeful to her.

While I still enjoy Sisterhooves Social a little bit more I have to commend this episode for fixing a small nitpick/missed opportunity in the former episode.  I feel that the only thing keeping Sis. Soc. from being a perfect episode is the lacking of reference to the relationship of the royal sisters. It didn’t have to be a plot point, just having the last few seconds be the princesses reading the letter together would have been enough.  FWTSBT goes a step further and uses Luna and her past as a plot point to teach Sweetie Belle.

My only complaint would be the dolphin stitch idea Sweetie had which didn’t make much sense. Yes, Sweetie saw dolphins in her dreams but at no point was it established that the dolphins were from Sapphire Shore’s dream and not just random dream imagery. Simply showing Sapphire swimming with the dolphins during the dream sequence would have been enough to fix that plot point.

With Jan Animations' C&D I have a suspicion that it wasn't merely Hasbro stopping a fan work for looking too good. Remember that Double Rainboom, a fan project that had explicit legal consent from Hasbro to use their IP, was pulled down because of the leaked DHX assets used in its production. It's possible that Hasbro is simply shutting down anything that looks like it's using the assets instead of getting proof from each individual animator.

• Thumbs Up 1