Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

- Serious question; exactly how long does it take to get from Ponyville to Canterlot by train? Because we have that MMMystery episode telling us it's at least a night and this one telling us it's a couple of hours.

I think it was a fair guess, perhaps a bit exaggerated for cartoonish effect. The future scenes in the nightmare reminded me of her breakdown in Suited For Success, though uh, not quite played for laughs this time around.

I really really liked this episode! My only disappointment was that I was hoping the parallels with Celestia and Luna would mean getting to see more of the Royal Sisters' past, but that was a tiny personal hope more than anything. It was cool that the comparison was made at all really. But the important thing is, Fashion Horse and Tiny Singing Horse were great, as was Moonbutt. The nightmare sequence was just great all around, though I was really hoping for a song...ah well, can't have 'em all.

And yes that one shot with the starry background in the dream world really did make me think "Sweetie Belle is going to become an alicorn". That had to be on purpose.

Just popping in with a note concerning copyright law - it's actually a common misconception that copyright holders have to 'protect' their intellectual privilege rights (yes, people call it 'intellectual property', but I consider it to be an intellectually dishonest term) or lose them. That does not apply to copyright or patents, but rather to trademarks, which is an entirely different kettle of fish.

In short, what Hasbro did with JanAnimations is entirely unnecessary, and quite probably the result of a bunch of their lawyers somehow noticing said animations and throwing out a knee-jerk C&D. Considering said animations are consistent with the tone of the show, if it was intentional on Hasbro's part, it displays some measure of out-of-touchness on Hasbro's part.

• Thumbs Up 1

FFFFF I lost a post I wanted to write about the last episode, anyway, I liked it, I agree with most of what BatGuy posted and I also noticed all the "perks" Sweetie has been getting ever since Polsky took command of the CMC episodes.

But anyway, we have a Synopsis!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic : Equestria Games

S04, E24 (First Aired: May 3, 2014)

Spike is in charge of lighting the torch for the opening of the Equestria Games, but his nerves get the best of him.

Much as I appreciate Spike he has a bit of a bad track record when it comes to his own episodes. Also, when you mention the Equestrian Games you kinda expect to be about the Ponyville relay team (and other teams they might have brought)... Still, this is only the beginning of the games, so maybe we'll see more of them later?

A 3 part Finale perhaps? I'd be all over it.

Meghan McCarthy
@MMeghanMcCarthy

“Equestria Games” written by @DavePolsky and features hilarious/heartbreaking/heartwarming performance by @CathyWeseluck

Maybe Spike will get his key in "Equestria Games".

Ok, so we got a new 3 minute clip of Rainbow Rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7j1qUaGOc

... And just like that, this movie is already looking much better than the first one. Dayum!

Still would like a pony movie, Hasbro. K? Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 3

Meghan McCarthy @MMeghanMcCarthy13.

“Equestria Games” written by @DavePolsky and features hilarious/heartbreaking/heartwarming performance by @CathyWeseluck

Maybe Spike will get his key in "Equestria Games".

Hrrm. A seventh chaos emerald or sorts. Oh boy.

Anyway, with episodes as awesome as the likes For Whom the Sweetie Bells Toll, I'm heavily excited to see what Dave Polsky will also be able to do for Boom! Great stuff that was.

Eh, wasn't the movie supposed to be about rock and not dubstep? Or is Hasbro going to blur the definition of rock even more so with this?

Seems like fan/brony baiting IMO, but I'm still not buying it for even a second and still having doubts on the movie. 

Still need a ponyverse movie anyways.

Eh, wasn't the movie supposed to be about rock and not dubstep? Or is Hasbro going to blur the definition of rock even more so with this?

Seems like fan/brony baiting IMO, but I'm still not buying it for even a second and still having doubts on the movie. 

It's not part of the movie apparently, but a short that sort of goes a long with it.  There are 7 more of them coming.

Capture.PNG

The movie could still be about rock and stuff, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

That being said, Vinyl has so much swag it's borderline criminal.

It's probably not rock in that short because rock isn't Vinyl's music style. She's a DJ, she's bound to be more associated with the sort of music played by a DJ.

Let me clarify; whenever I say "best pony", I am in fact referring to Twilight, AppleJack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and/or the Elements of Insanity.

And before you ask, no, this is NOT arranged in any particular ranking order.

Two preview clips have been released for tomorrow's episode. The first one was an entrance for Flim and Flam. The second one spoiled the plot.

Well done.

TBH the movie is probably going to have more songs akin to the first on than actual Rock music playing (though Rock is a very broad word seeing how much it changed from its first iterations).

Having said that I enjoyed that clip, if it's a thing apart from the movie then I'm really curious about what else they have in store (so far you could say I'm actually more interested in the shorts than the movie itself, and yeah, makes me wish they did little shorts like this for the ponies)... It also fives me more reason to think Vinyl should be a GG. :V

Oh, new episode today? Better not forget the DST change again! :o

Well, compared to Flim Flam Brothers’ first appearance in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, this episode felt weaker and ‘meh’ in comparison, borderline near average.

Things I like were the beginning part in the swimming hole with Granny Smith history, return of Flim Flam bros., and the background pony gags.

The song was, eh, didn’t think it was that great and wasn’t as near as good as their debut song in SSCS6. Even though it felt similar to it, but ironically, it’s like Flim Flam lazily ripped off their song from before. At least, there were some neat visuals, but that’s about it.

Also, Flim and Flam didn’t seem to learn anything the first time around and felt they’re now total antagonists since before they had an actual functioning machine that can get the job done and could have won the farm if it weren’t for their overconfidence and cockiness, but now it’s basically a straight forward scam, using what’s basically the pony equivalent of V8 juice as a cureall tonic.

I do like some of the Apple family roles/moments such as the beginning in the swimming hole and of course, more Big Mac. However, I thought Apple Bloom and Granny Smith (and at least, most of the Ponyville citizens) would be a tad smarter and more skeptical and suspicious about Flim Flam brothers’ antics this time around because of how they try get the farm from them and all.

Not to mention that from what we’ve learned from episodes like Read it and Weep, these ponies are civilized enough to have modern day hospitals, most likely with modern day medicine as well in Ponyville. So how would this old timey scam work? Maybe it would have made more sense if it were those “healing touch” scams that some church evangelists pull, though it’ll feel more like a Twilight Sparkle ep than an AJ one.

Also, pretty much felt indifferent with Shills.

As for the lesson/plot, it’s very predictable that one can see a mile away with this kind of set up and premise (esp. with the recent teaser clip), more so than others. Again, pretty standard and average, and doesn’t seem as interesting/clever as the ‘troll lesson’ that AJ ‘learned’ in SSCS6, even humor and writing is better in that episode than in this one.

Overall, a fairly weak (key) episode that pales in comparison to Flim Flam Brothers’ debut episode.

I'd see the tonic as a stand-in for bogus homoeopathic remedies*, and homoeopathy is still pretty popular even with modern medicine available.

*Not saying that all homoeopathy is bogus.

Overall I liked this episode. I'm surprised that a coin was Applejack's key and not an apple given her specialty. It was nice to see the Flim Flam Brothers make a return, although I didn't think their song in this episode was as good as the song when they first appeared.

I do like how they set up Applejack's conflict. She knew the truth, could have called them out on it right away, but didn't want to upset Granny Smith. At least she realized her mistake towards the end and was blunt in calling it out.

An Applejack episode I enjoyed?  The heck you say...

I really liked how Applejack's "honesty" finally came into question as a big plot point because she's been known to tell a little white lie in the past.  And that it felt there was a legitimate reason for her "it's not telling a lie if you really don't say anything" attitude towards Flim & Flam's remedies as (at the time) it felt like it was all for the better and it wasn't just an "OMG AJ LIED" episode.  Good to see Flim & Flam again, although I doubt they could get away with a third scam, so we might not see them again.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was a rather on par episode:

Pros:

- Nice to see the Flim Flam brothers return. Though, I'd be lying if I said they were on my list of possible recurring characters.

- More information on Granny Smith's past is always a welcomed treat.

- Some very nice character interactions displayed by the apple family.

- There were a lot of new and interesting background ponies in this episode. It's nice to see they're still adding to the existing pool instead of reusing others (or copying and pasting them like they did before). Not to mention the well designed injured ponies.

- Good to see Lyra and Derpy again.

- I did like the character building they did for AJ here. Though, I don't think she was completely in the wrong here... but more on that later.

- I actually really liked the way the brothers were written in this. They were wonderfully cunning and, at times, kind of in the right. Especially when they brought up the point that if Granny was feeling better after she drank the tonic then there isn't really a problem. A nice use of the placebo effect to be honest. If anything they falsely advertised, but then again how do you truly advertise something like that?

Cons:

- This episode was extremely predictable. In fact, I pretty much knew what was going to happen the minute the Flim Flams appeared with the tonic. Made the episode pretty uneventful because of it.

- I found Silver Shill to be a very forgettable character both in design and characteristics.

- "... but a competition is a pony of different color"... Ok, that's a line that could be taken is several ways...

- Another episode where the background characters are written to be extremely persuasive.

- I didn't really like the song. Though, I felt the exact same way about the other one and am growing quite fond of it so... maybe in two years I'll come to like this one...?

- This is really just a nitpick but it really did just annoy me that the tubs of water that Granny was diving into were extremely shallow. Even with fine health there was no way to survive a jump like that. I know it was done for comedic effect but for some reason it just bothered the heck out of me.

Side Notes:

- Is it just me or is it weird that AJ's key is a bit?

- Like I said earlier, I don't think AJ completely lied in this. I mean, all she said was that it seemed to work for Granny Smith; and that was true. Granny was actively doing more than she used to. AJ never outright said that she believes the tonic really does cure ailments. It kind of makes the apology at the end seem unneeded.

Overall, I'd say this was an average episode. It didn't really do anything relatively bad but also didn't really do too much better from most other episodes. Though saying that, I did find it a solid episode for AJ's character and in it's own right as well.

*Edit* Hey, I just realized Tuesday will be my 3 year anniversary of following this show (wait... it's really been that long... XD). Sure helps to remember the date since it was on April 1st. Well, here's to another 3 I guess!

• Thumbs Up 2

*post*

Nice try, but you didn't say Rarity is best pony, which means you are obviously lying D8<

In other topic, the HUB teased BIG news for today... And they delivered!

Also, this:

^Hey fan animators, can you make this one a thing? D:

• Thumbs Up 5

RDoxIyK.png

Finally my fanfic is becoming canon. Flash X Twilight OTP 5ever

Not only that, but Joe also has power bestowed by Celestia to marry 2 ponies, which confirms my headcanon that.

1) Joe is more important to the nation than what he lets ponies know, which explains how he, Spike and Twilight knew each other.

And

2)You can get close to royalty by being a good baker (and appealing to Sunbutt's sweet tooth).

• Thumbs Up 2

So I guess the best Flash ship, pony Flash Sentry/human Flash Sentry, isn't meant to be after all? Unless that's the end of Season 4 and the movie is about the Flashes discovering their true love (each other, obviously). 

Not-so-seriously, though, I laughed.

2)You can get close to royalty by being a good baker (and appealing to Sunbutt's sweet tooth).

So what you're saying is, Pinkie Pie could potentially become the supreme overlord of Equestria?