Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

In other topic, the HUB teased BIG news for today... And they delivered!

Needs more German themes and 3D Maneuver Gears.

Sadly, that and Dragonfire sound like way, WAY BETTER ideas than Equestria Girls (something that I wish was really an elaborate joke).

Some Rainbow Rocks news.

Capture.PNG

Yo, here are a new teaser for this saturdays episode.

BkQ1JMkCcAAKhZ3.jpg

That promo! It's so nice to see Pinkie and Dash in an episode considering the last few weeks of Cutie Mark Crusader and Apple Family episodes have deprived me of my favorite characters.

Wait wait wait so

is Firefly not off-limits for Hasbro? I thought they lost the trademark and couldn't use the character or her name anymore. Does this mean Firefly can show up in FiM? Oh my gosh!

Also

woe your woes there woeful!

Here is how S4 ends.

Twilight's Kingdom - Part 1
Air Date: May 10th 
Synopsis: Princess Celestia chooses Discord over Princess Twilight to help track down a villain.

Twilight's Kingdom - Part 2
 Air Date: May 10th 
Synopsis: The other princesses transfer all of their magical power to Twilight in hopes of saving Equestria.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, let me be the first one on this thread to say...

That second synopsis sounds cringe worthy as hell.

Dude? Where is muh friendship? D:

That out of the way, this seems very interesting for many reasons.

1) It feels like they pretty much revealed the last part of the episode in a synopsis >_> (unless we have a Twilight Sparkle Power Half Hour tongue.png )

2) There is no mention whatsoever of the box, we know the ending leads to it but what would be the point of the princesses doing the fusion dance if you aren't going to make a big deal out of Twi's borrowed skills?

3) Is the box even getting opened this season? (it'd be a pretty trollish move if they didn't XD)

4) Who is the villain? The whole introduction of this being seems iffy, where does it come from? What are its motives? Why is it so important that Sunbutt considered sending the local god of chaos against it?

Some fans seems to be arguing the villain will be Discord himself but while that'd be a cool twist it'd also feel like a very low blow to Fluttersy.

Oh well, nothing to do right now but to bask in all the princessness and wait to see how they pull this off.

No Equestrian games finale tho. :<

So yeah, Firefly being RD's mother as a fan canon is completely and utterly thrown out the window. It's one thing to just name the General the same, but I'd go far as to say that Twilight's lesson established how Firefly got her lightning bolt cutie mark as well. So now her canon appearance will pretty much be G1 Firefly with the outfit Pinkie wore during the successful lesson. Neat how much detail you can get from this!

So yeah, I'd say it was a good episode. Sometimes did feel a tad mouthy (especially at the end when they had to exposit on how RD does learn), but it was all so bloody fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I missed the opening scene before the opening. Well, better than last week’s as there were plenty of interesting things going on and it was an alright episode.

Things I like were RD goofing around during Twilight’s lecture, RD’s character development/learning method, and the learning methods of the Mane cast esp. Pinkie rap and Fluttershy’s play.

Though you think being able to pull Sonic Rainbooms, saving Equestria multiple times as well as saving the Wonderbolts, and making friends with the current members would make already RD an honorary member of the Wonderbolts. Also, attending Wonderbolt Academy would have made her much more qualified as well and you at least think that they taught Wonderbolt history during that time rather than just flight patterns, obstacles and drills. Not to mention with RD being a huge fan of them and becoming a member being her dream, you’d think she be knowledgeable about the Wonderbolts, both present and past tense or know some details about their history regardless.

Also, each Mane cast had interesting parts and is written fairly well, even Twilight. Though speaking of which and after learning about the season finale/The Twilight Power Hour and the implementation of Rainbow Power/Kingdom, I’m still kinda iffy and cautious about all this and what it’ll entail with Twilight’s character in finale’s end and beyond. Not to mention if S3 felt like a series finale than S4’s would much more so feel like a definite one with Twilight gaining a kingdom and all. And again, I’m not really sold on the Rainbow Power designs.

But getting back on track with the episode, it also had a good moral that everyone learns differently and it’s a relatable one. Overall, it’s a better episode than last week’s and a nice episode with some good lines of dialogue/humor and moments.

For a Rainbow Dash episode, this was definitely better than Daring Don't or Rainbow Falls! I really like how the episode portrayed the Mane 6's different teaching styles. Pinkie Pie's rap was so cringe worthy and brings back memories of those 90's educational videos. It's great to see the Mane 6 truly working off one another another here and it really shows how strong they can be when they do so. Also, I'm pleased that we finally get to see Twilight as a proper character this time around.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting how Rainbow was able to learn everything towards the end of the episode, and I applaud AKR on some great writing there.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yea, today's episode was really good mainly because of how close to home the lesson was. Because that is something I'm sure everyone can relate to, and we got a lot of good character moments out of it too.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was better than Daring Don't but not than Rainbow Falls, perhaps it's just that I love key episodes.

Anyway, SPOILER from the Season Finale:

33z63y8.jpg

Well... almost, she's only using 40% of her powers.

593381__safe_rainbow+dash_fluttershy_mem

I don't have enough time to express how much I liked this episode, it had that awesome character interaction and comedy that I love so much (and for some odd reason, reminded me of Castle Mane-Ia despite the fact I know there have been other cases of this during the season). Maybe my biggest positive is how Twilight is back in all her nerdy glory! Nowadays is a Rarity to have this kind of moments with her and this episode was full of them! I also loved how they sort of acknowledged the fact she's gotten taller after the princess upgrade (and maybe also counts as a hint about Twi not feeling entirely comfortable about her physical growth?).

Dash was also pretty good in this one, we had to see most of her hues and traits, her arrogant side, her funny side, her smart side, her confidence issues, the wide range of things that maker her unique (which was one of the points the episode was trying to make, something that I also loved).

The rest of the cast were hilarious, they produced either true laugh out loud moments or the kind of scenes that turn my blood into syrup (Shylestia = best princess), special mention goes to this little jewel. I laughed so much in this scene! The expressions, the way the background music was turned out just to drive the point that Applejack's actions were so nonchalant (AJ has been such a spotlight hog this season, I love it!)... And there is also this one! Spike's face is just... So freaking random. XD

It's not an episode without faults tho, a bit of a necessary evil for this one but making the Wonderbolts fanfilly the only pony who doesn't know about their history is a pill a bit hard to swallow, it's more the fact everyone else knows about them (making it a rather public subject) than the fact Dash is so ignorant about it.

The Nightmare Moon incident is part of an admission exam to one of the most renown and prestigious military institutions in the country when it was nothing but a myth back when the series started. You don't need to point further than us to see cases where history books need to be updated as we find out more and more about our pasts but it's a little weird in this case because 1) Makes you wonder how the story was told before and 2) the mane 6 still know about the whole thing (as pointed above), which makes you wonder when did they learned about it.

Also a bit of a nitpick but Rainbow's learning process is so convoluted and required the entire town to help her... How the hay is she going to learn anything else? (not like she's every going to need it)

Another nitpick is that as I mentioned before, this episode would have felt so much better (as a part of the whole that is the series) if Rainbow Falls hadn't ruined the whole Wonderbolts hype. :x

And yeah, like VEDJ said, the third act felt a bit heavy on the telling (but it gave us Shylestia, so it's all forgiven).

But these are things that don't take away my overall enjoyment of this episode, it made me lol, it made me daw, it made me feel, it's full of little things I'll remember. It's practically all I could ask for a slice-of-life pony episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Testing 1, 2, 3 was better than I was expecting, though based on what I heard about from others of the preview ("Pinkie Pie rapping") I had a feeling the episode would at least be hilarious. Speaking of which, that sequence was amazing on so many levels. Right down to the 90s music video image quality.

Even not factoring that in, it was a really good episode. I was almost worried from the synopsis that Rainbow would cheat on the test or something, but instead the problem was she couldn't find a study method that works for her which, uh...I can relate to. A lot. Poor fast horse. Her ideal method of studying was cool, in a ridiculous kind of way. tongue.png Though, really, the idea that Rainbow essentially absorbs everything she sees when she's flying is really interesting. That'd probably be useful for a Wonderbolt, since I imagine they do rescue work and stuff.

Oh, and I like how they sorta foreshadowed it in the opening, with her noticing Twilight was following her and even recalling a specific detail (Twi's mumbling).

Shylestia

What do you mean? When the real actual Princess Celestia showed up this episode to help Rainbow Dash study, she didn't seem "shy" at all. Next you'll tell me Luna was more fabulous than usual!

• Thumbs Up 1

... Her ideal method of studying was cool, in a ridiculous kind of way. tongue.png Though, really, the idea that Rainbow essentially absorbs everything she sees when she's flying is really interesting. That'd probably be useful for a Wonderbolt, since I imagine they do rescue work and stuff...

This would make her very good for gossip! =D

549799__safe_solo_rarity_animated_vector

What?

What do you mean? When the real actual Princess Celestia showed up this episode to help Rainbow Dash study, she didn't seem "shy" at all. Next you'll tell me Luna was more fabulous than usual!

Admitedly, Luna's voice was a little off, but DHX seems to have a recurring problem with that so I didn't point it.

*liarjack*

EDIT: Wait a minute, I thought you were joking about Fluttershy, but you are actually talking about the time Celestia helped Rainbow Dash study with Spike and Luna:

593383__safe_solo_animated_screencap_hub

You need to imagine it? They already do that!

Not very well, but still...

Well, that kinda proves that Dash's super perception is a good trait for the bolts (since no one else in the team seems to have it right now).

Changing the topic a little, according to Mrs.Rogers, "General Firefly" is actually meant to be a nod to Lauren's nickname (Fyre_Flye) which would mean that according to her interpretation the pony who created the Wonderbolts isn't the one from G1.

Having said that, it's pretty likely (haven't done my research, sorry) that Mrs.Faust picked her nickname because of that pink pegasus (it was her favourite), so those who made pictures like this are technically correct, which as we all know is the best kind of correct. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I...don't believe her to be honest. That said, I can't blame her; on this occasion it's less because she's known to bluff a few things ("Flash Sentry isn't appearing in season 4, guys!") but because she's legally obligated not to talk on it. We know that there's a legal kerfuffle over the G1 names bar Applejack and Spike, so pinning it on Lauren instead is pretty much what I see as their way of getting around it (I mean, like I said before, the performance gave off lightning, which G1 Firefly's cutie mark matches up with. Plus she even says it's General Firefly, not General Fyreflye or whatever). 

Plus, I follow the Archie Sonic comics. This sort of thing is far, far, far from new to me. 

Really liked this one:

Pros:

- Nice to see some more continuity with Rainbow Dash and her efforts of getting into The Wonder Bolts.

- Really liked Twilight in this. I think they found an equilibrium with her acting a bit wiser (being a princess and all) and still being the same Egg Head that we love. Hope this isn't the only time she's like this.

- And Spike randomly starts playing a snare drum... eh, I can dig it. I mean that face he makes is priceless.

- I couldn't agree more with Rainbow and her want for a break in those first few scenes. XD

- I liked how they tried to touch upon some history in this, but more on that later.

- Some very nice character interactions in this. From everyone actually!

- A lot of nicely animated flying scenes.

- *Gasp* IT'S LUN... aw damn it! False alarm, it's just Opal. Where did Fluttershy even get that rig...?

- This may have been one of the best morals from the show to date. It's something every teacher, boss.. hell, anyone should know.

- Wait... is that a blue sparkling main. LUNA HAS RETURN... aw come on! Rarity, really? DHX... Wh..y you have to go and mess with my feelings like that?

Cons:

- That whole scene of showing how Rainbow learned the material did feel kind of cheesy to be honest.

-  While I appreciate them trying to add in more history to the world... what was told here didn't really leave much substance in my eyes. All we got were names and some random early events about The Wonder Bolts.

The "I don't even know what to make of this" section:

- So... Pinkie's rap video.... I.. I just don't know anymore. I liked how much detail they put into this one gag with the dancing animations, changed screen ratio, and even audio filtering that honestly made me feel like I was back in elementary school watching videos like Bill Nye but... something about it made me turn my head from the screen a bit. I think it was a bit too on the mark with how bad those videos were. In my 3 years of following this show I've come to expect random and fun scenes that, by all means, shouldn't be there but this... this just caught me off guard. XD

Side Notes:

- Spike didn't get a single line in this episode... weird.

- Don't know if the bad npc voices were a throwback to Bon Bon or just bad...

Overall, I did really enjoy this episode. It had a lot of great humor with the mains and had (in my opinion) one of the best morals of the series so far. Top that off with some great animations and you have a winner in my book.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of which, there' still one (or two if that tidbit concerning Spike leads to something) key left if I recall correctly.

Here's one of the preview pages from Friends Forever #4;

4.jpg

It's-a me, Mare-io!

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of which, there' still one (or two if that tidbit concerning Spike leads to something) key left if I recall correctly.

What is that tibit? I doubt Spike gets a key, he isn't an element of harmony.