Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Kinda surprised this one hasn't popped in here considering how many people seem to care about similar series.

But My Little Investigations is out.

It seems like it's only the first case, and I can't say for certain if they are going to continue with this (nor how long it'll take them to release hypothetical new cases) but it seems their plan is to release an editor which would means the game isn't running out of content at least.

*reads comments*

Well, it also seems to be a bit rough around the edges but that's to be expected from a fangame I guess.

• Thumbs Up 4

Kinda surprised this one hasn't popped in here considering how many people seem to care about similar series.

But My Little Investigations is out.

It seems like it's only the first case, and I can't say for certain if they are going to continue with this (nor how long it'll take them to release hypothetical new cases) but it seems their plan is to release an editor which would means the game isn't running out of content at least.

*reads comments*

Well, it also seems to be a bit rough around the edges but that's to be expected from a fangame I guess.

I played through it last night, Overall it was a lot of fun and I thought it was very well done. Pinkie's fourth wall breaking cracked me up and while the voices in general were a bit rough around the edges, overall they weren't too bad. 

The only issue I had was the game eventually crashing after the background disappeared for a while when I was on the part where you confront the Diamond Dogs. Thankfully it worked the rest of the way through when I restarted.

They certainly put a lot of effort into the game and I hope to see more cases come out in the future.

Wow, it's been a long while. Deja Vu... The amount of episodes I needed to watch went from two to seven. (Five actually, just saw Twilight Time and Being a Breezie.)

Enough of my life story, I'd done a thing with the Generations loading screen...

dash_generations_now_loading_____animati

This may or may not have mentioned before, but I'll leave this here, had this song on loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwJyuAavSyY

• Thumbs Up 6

Before the episode is worth mentioning that the Pony MMO and overall silliness project Legends of Equestria is having another open server weekend.

I should be paying more attention to this but the very alpha-esque state of the game (and servers) and the fact I already have most of my free time consumed pulls me off from it.

Still, if you have some free time and a lot of patience you can try it, I've heard you can even fight a dragon on this version (one specifically went on a rampage on Ponyville, which I find pretty cool).

Anyway, see ya after the episode! o/

Pretty much an okay episode overall, not as strong as Testing, Testing.

Things I liked about the episode beast trader and the Ortheros, Discord lamp stand and wheel chaired owner (yet no Discord cameo sadly), Antique chicken stand owner, and Pinkie Flam (to an extent).

The whole bit with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash was the most interesting subplot among the three and had plenty of humor with much happening. Not to mention it reminded me of the Ed Edd n’ Eddy episode Who, What, Where, Ed where the Eds trade a bunch of stuff for an egg to make an omelet with.

The scenes with Rarity and AJ were pretty boring and felt like filler as they talked about the stuff they want to pool for. It felt like a chore to sit through and that they didn’t do much of anything than bicker.

The parts with Twilight and Pinkie I felt rather indifferent overall. I only liked some of the Pinkie antics and it was slightly funny but again to an extent when Pinkie went FlimFlam started saying princess a huge amount of times like she was a Hasbro executive and felt was overdoing it quite a bit. Speaking of princess, IMO, the whole tacked on royal status still feels like Princes Toy Propaganda as well as plot convenience/contrivance so that a princess being an overseer of a simple swap meet feels like a contrived reason just to shoehorn Twilight in the ep. Also, I was kinda off putted with her near the end when she said RD’s trade was fair and that she seemed comfortable seeing one of her best friends off into slave pet groomer and not to mention splitting up the Elements of Harmony in the process as well. Though I understand if she’s doing to teach RD a lesson, but it still feels OOC for her and something akin to what Princess Celestia would do which raises warning flags and worries about the whole Princess Twilight = Celestia 2.0 idea.

So it’s overall an okay episode if only for the parts with Fluttershy and RD and some Pinkie antics.

It was ok. At least they're acknowledging Twilight's Princess status more. I know Pinkie can be crazy and all, but I'm surprised how she berated that filly and even more surprised about the conflict between her and Twilight. Fluttershy and Rainbow's conflict was the one that took up the meat of the episode though. I do like that the Discord lamps made another appearance though.

Wait, Twilight is a princess? Since when!? D8<

Okay, I'll buy that ponies don't really care unless it's in a non-scripted ruleset that insists that you must kiss the floor a princess walks on when she is in official business. Until Season 5 comes and shows Twi being treated in the exact same way as she's always been treated.

Dash and Shy had a cute story around trying to get a limited edition of the very first Daring Do book (something that I'm sure you couldn't get even if you knew the writer personally since you met her before she finished the newest one), as the episode goes the list of trades they have to do grows larger and Rainbow's patience keeps wearing off to the point when she seems to only be able to think about how much she wants this freaking deal done. You can see hints of how little consideration she puts onto everything else as the episode goes and it finally reaches its boiling point when the book owner says she doesn't want the dog anymore...

604642__safe_rainbow+dash_fluttershy_hub

lol her brain broke.

Did I ever mention how much I love the fact Dash has as much of a flavor for the dramatic as Rarity? Don't answer, I know I did.

This drives her to want to finish the deal at all cost which ends up with her trading the Dog as well as Fluttershy (temporally) for it, of course she regrets it a few seconds later. Their story ends after she goes to Twi and manages to spell something cheesy enough to make the former book owner to take the deal back.

Speaking of Twilight, her and Pinkie's side of the episode felt weird to me, the pink pony made my face twist between "Oh god stop being such a jerk!" and "Actually, you are playing your role very well".

Because you see, Pinkie here showed us a lot of "perks" she's shown us back in the previous episodes (but mostly S2 comes to mind), for starters she has a good enough business sense to know when she's about to get a bad deal and avoids or actually turns around those situations, on the other hoof she also has a silver tongue and is able to sell anything to others (unintentionally, she ended up making Twi regret her decision of putting her old dusty books up for trade (and might had turned her into a hoarder in the process :V)

Twilight also saw herself in the role of princess, a role that she doesn't seem to feel quite comfortable with and it's something I find a little painful to watch, mostly because it feels like a reminder about how none of this was her choice but she's going along because it's her duty... Or well, she doesn't like the pomp and adulation that comes along with the role if you want to be more specific.

But other than that I found her role in the episode to be interesting enough. first she mostly wanted to get rid of the old dusty books but Pinkie made her realize each of them had sentimental value and were actually memories of some key (huehuehue) moments in her life... Thinking about it, I like how this episode teaches us a single lesson and then shows it in different situations to which it applies (contrary to most episodes where we can take 2 or more aesops some times).

Another interesting thing about Twi in this episode is that because of her princess title and the fact she had to withhold the rules of the trading event she's been put in a position where she must antagonize Dash and Shy (and the whole gang if you want to look at it in that way), I'd actually like to see this kind of situation played in a future episode.

And speaking of the rest of the gang, the last pair of this episode was between Rarity and Applejack, this 2 started great but as the episode went on they kinda vanished to the point they turned into nothing more than a scene transition between whatever Dash and Shy were doing... But the beginning and the end make up for the boredom in the middle.

The argument starts when they both find something they want but they can't afford to get it one their own, and let me begin with saying it feels very nice to find these 2 arguing in something that doesn't seem so one sided in favor of the Apple pony, the whole scene where AJ mixed up the trinkets in an attempt to trick Rarity only to realize she herself has no idea which is the right one felt very good for me. (also props for Rarity picking one of the brochures without telling us if it was the right one :U)

And as I mentioned the other thing I enjoyed about them was the end, they seem to have put their differences behind and they share some gifts but what they say to each other while they give the gifts is so full of vitrol that a single drop of sarcasm could have ended up in violence. XD

"Here Applejack, I found this piece of rusted junk just for you!"

"Oh Rarity, I also found this jewel with no value (nor rarity) whatsoever, exactly like the one you wanted!"

"I hate you Applejack! <3"

"I despise you with every fiber of my being <3"

But their resistance only makes me ship them harder.

Oh yeah, and Spike got to trade a Power Ponies book for another one! Tho I guess it's not the one that vanished in the air back at the end of that episode.

I can say I found this one to be pretty average, kinda like The Crystal Empire but without the disappointment of being an episode where something grand is supposed to happen.

Will this was... well it was like... you know, I just don't know where to put this one:

Pros:

- Now this is just heart warming. Nice to see DHX reaching out like that. Not to mention the pony being pretty interesting in every category.

- Is it just me, or were some of those younger ponies' cuteness amplified in this? I mean one of them was wagging it's tail.

- Nice to see Rainbow Falls again.

- A lot of the character interactions and dialogue in this were a joy to watch.

- This might be my Fluttershy bias coming out again, but man was she great in this. The amount of crap she put up with Rainbow was astounding.

- I liked how at some points you would see the separate mane six story events occurring in the background. Like when you see Fluttershy flying in the background to find the lamp guy.

- Oh would you look at that, a Bioshock Infinite reference. XD

Cons:

- This may really just be me here but I just don't find Twilight being treated the way she was here that entertaining. I mean, yes I want to see her character develop more into the role she's been given, but man do her previous character traits get thrown out the window. I personally find her much more enjoyable to watch when she's acting nerdy or eccentric like she did in earlier seasons. Not when she's basically standing in as a Celestia/Cadence 2.0. To me, perfect characters aren't all that fun to watch.

- To be honest here, I don't think the entirety of the main six was needed here (especially Pinkie). Rainbow and Fluttershy (maybe AJ and Rarity depending on your taste) could've been the sole mains and this episode wouldn't had really lost much.

- A LOT of repeated background character cycles in this that I noticed even on my first viewing.

- (nitpick) The whole inception trade plot line is a very old plotline to me. It basically just a story where the characters involved run around in circles and at the very end find that what they're looking for isn't going to work out. It's been done multiple times before and nothing new was really added here.

Side Notes:

- Wow, Twilight was really about to let that book lady take Fluttershy wasn't she? I mean, I know that she has to be neutral (being a princess and all) but man you'd think she'd try to stop that crap on the account of their friendship (the whole moral of the show).

- I wasn't the only one that saw the rainbow gavel and thought "that's going to be Twilight's key" right?

- 3 morals in one episode? Wow, that's a first. Though, I'm pretty sure that if Twilight lives by her's she's going to become a hoarder.

Eh, overall it was a pretty interesting episode to say the least. A lot of neat ideas were brought up that, while I don't think were nearly as effective as they could of been, weren't badly done. It's definitely an episode that I can see myself re-watching if not to just see these ideas in another light.

Oh, and Happy Easter Bunny Day everyone!

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to admit that I rather enjoyed "Trade Ya!".  I felt it was one of the better produced and thought-out episodes in the series.  It wasn't necessarily the funniest or most entertaining, but I really did enjoy watching the backgrounds with the three different stories interacting with each other without any actual interaction taking place.  The only downside was that I felt that Pinkie for once actually brought the episode down a little when she's most known for bringing them up if not totally saving an episode.  And if you don't know that RariJack is a thing, you are not watching the same show I am. :D

The second official soundtrack, Songs of Ponyville, has been released on iTunes! Tracklist is as follows:

1. Hearts as Strong as Horses

2. Apples to the Core

3. Ballad of the Crystal Ponies

4. Find a Way (Extended Version)

5. What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me

6. A True, True Friend

7. Raise This Barn

8. Babs Seed

9. Twilight's Failure Song

10. Make a Wish (Extended Version)

11. My Little Pony Theme Song (Extended Version)

Babs Seed and Apples to the Core alone makes this more than worth it for me. Though, hopefully, the next one has Pinkie's Lament, as I'd LOVE to hear that in higher quality.

• Thumbs Up 3

What annoys me is that is isnt done in season order! I like to have order in my music library!!!

You could just manually reorder the songs then. I like themfor the higher quality and the lack of annoying sound effects especially in art of te dress.

Also, I find myself slowly delaying my viewing of the episodes more and more and visiting pony related media much less often... Is this a sign that I'm slowly falling off the ride?

More soundtracks are always welcome!  A little sad none of the Weird Al songs are on there, probably due to some copyright/royalties issues.  Just great to have a bunch of those songs without any sound effects over top (that photo-snap at the end of "Raise This Barn" always bugged me).  I'm guessing the next album will probably have an Equestria Girls theme to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

1. Hearts as Strong as Horses

2. Apples to the Core

3. Ballad of the Crystal Ponies

4. Find a Way (Extended Version)

5. What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me

6. A True, True Friend

7. Raise This Barn

8. Babs Seed

9. Twilight's Failure Song

10. Make a Wish (Extended Version)

11. My Little Pony Theme Song (Extended Version)

Awwwwwww yeeeeeah, I didn't pay much attention to the first release but I think I need this one.

EDIT: derp this post was supposed to be a little longer, anyway, I agree that the next one is probably going to have an EqG theme since I don't remember there being many more songs left on what we have from the series... I would really really love a Background music compilation tho. (or instrumental versions of the current songs, I love the music of the Failure/Success song)

Pinkie Pie and Luna will be together in this upcoming IDW Comic in July.

2.jpg

Princess Luna faces her greatest challenge yet... making jokes in public! Luna turns to Pinkie Pie, the master of merriment, to help her find her funny bone. If Pinkie's teachings backfire on Luna, there might be very few laughs to be found in Canterlot!

Pinkie Pie and Luna will be together in this upcoming IDW Comic in July.

Didn't they already try that in the Nightmare Night episode? I wonder if Pinkie Pie is still scared of hanging out with Luna. ^^

The Hub posted a screenshot of the next episode on Facebook.

30PsBrY.jpg

Welp, I'm definitely interested in this one.

• Thumbs Up 6

The Hub posted a screenshot of the next episode on Facebook.

[pic]

Agreed! It does seem to be a very interesting looking episode! I wonder what's going to happen? :o