Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

The Hub posted a screenshot of the next episode on Facebook.

30PsBrY.jpg

Welp, I'm definitely interested in this one.

Chrysalis/Changeling???

The Hub posted a screenshot of the next episode on Facebook.

30PsBrY.jpg

Welp, I'm definitely interested in this one.

This be the episode coming out this week right? Or "next" as in next week?

Either way, so far I have 75 ideas and possibilities in mind of what this picture could be telling us about said episode.

This be the episode coming out this week right? Or "next" as in next week?

Either way, so far I have 75 ideas and possibilities in mind of what this picture could be telling us about said episode.

Next episode as in this upcoming one. Here's the synopsis from the Hub.

"Rarity loses her creative mojo and feels like she may never be able to create again. Eager to help, Spike finds a spell that activates Rarity’s visions - both good and bad."

AJ and Big Mac vinyls are up for preorder at Hot Topic. I can't believe they made Applejack of all ponies before Rarity >:U

AJ and Big Mac vinyls are up for preorder at Hot Topic. I can't believe they made Applejack of all ponies before Rarity >:U

...ah beg your pardon?

Applejack has her own fair share of fans too,  after all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, so something along the lines of idea 37. This should be interesting.

...ah beg your pardon?

Applejack has her own fair share of fans too,  after all.

:D AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND... PREORDERED.

As for the next episode, I was hoping for a little Changeling and Chrysalis stuff going on after seeing that screenshot, but I guess not according to the synopsis. :(

• Thumbs Up 3

This episode felt kinda meh and slightly average with some interesting/good parts in the second half. Didn’t feel up to par with last week’s either and that episode I felt was just okay.

Things I liked were Rarity with her ‘creative’ streak esp. with the birthday party, the birdhouse, and Spike’s ‘Megaman’ crystal suit and Spike eating the book.

As for Spike’s characterization, it feels like he was handed the Idiot Ball and became Rarity’s Yes Man er… Dragon (which isn’t that all surprising but he still felt oblivious to the trouble that was happening for the most part for humor’s sake). Though Owlowiscious was just there to remind Spike that the whole thing was a terrible idea, saying “I Told You So” in a way and for tired and cliché Who/Hoo gags. Not much complaint about Rarity and her over the top acting though I still like Twilight’s Lesson Zero over the top acting as it was caused by a mental breakdown rather than magic from a book. Speaking of Twilight, she felt tacked on at the last minute and to serve as exposition teller (again, Twi, your Celestia 2.0 is showing) about how Ponyville was tidied up.

The pacing of the episode felt just off as it came out of the gate rather slow with not much happening in the humor department only with stale Owl jokes and some stuff involving the puppeteer. The ending felt rather anticlimactic and rushed as well.

Also, I was actually hoping for more 80s references esp. in terms of fashion and that Ponyville would be bombarded 80s pop culture parodies.

So pretty much a meh/average episode that felt wasn’t even up to par with last week’s with pacing issues and with Rarity’s creative streak being the highlight and interesting parts. Hopefully, next week’s Spike episode would be better.

Well, that was a rather odd episode:

Pros:

- I did like the way Spike was written in this. Nothing seemed out of character for him like in some of his previous episodes and I did find some of his reasons sound (especially considering he is still a kid).

- Tabitha is as great as Rarity. Cathy also didn't slack with Spike.

- Rarity's eating habit she exhibits here might just be the funniest thing I've seen her do since the chair from Lesson Zero (which if I remember correctly even made an appearance here).

- Nice to see the old castle is still relevant. Not to mention Owlicious as well.

- Some nicely lighted sections in this.

- I liked how the other manes weren't overused in this. Really lets Spike's character shine a bit more.

- So many great facial expressions from Rarity in this. XD

Cons:

- Way too much time was spent raising up the problem here. I mean it was pretty clear from the start that Rarity's use of the spell was going to get out of hand. We didn't need to see how it affected every part of Ponyville. I just feels like something a bit more interesting could have been done with the time that was needlessly spent.

- I feel like that book could have been used for a more pressing plot line than having Rarity beautify the town with it. I mean, to be honest half of the stuff she did didn't seem all that bad.

- (nitpick) They're honestly still using the "who" joke with Owlicious. Honestly, it got old for me by the end of Owl's Well That Ends Well.

Side Notes:

- So Spike just ate the book without a single problem... k.

- I  can't believe Celestia/Luna built a trap like that surrounding the book. I mean, it's a dangerous thing but they don't seem like the type that would let someone die like that. I don't know, maybe things were different back then?... I still hold strongly to the fact that the diary Twilight found about them would've made for a great episode in itself.

So overall... eh, I wouldn't call it bad. In fact, It had some pretty interesting ideas. I just think too much time was spent addressing the problem (which wasn't really that big to begin with) rather than explaining some of the other interesting topics introduced here like the book in itself. Though, saying that, I still found it a pretty decent episode by the end of it.

... wait... Did Twilight say something about Princess Cadence and Luna helping out towards the end there?... Luna was there but not shown?!?! NO, WRONG! GO BACK! NO! *angry sigh* I swear they're doing this on purpose now. *takes ice cream and starts eating it* omnomnom

Finally! Spike gets a episode where he's treated with respect this time instead of just being the character that gets pushed around. Plus it's been awhile since we last seen a pony going crazy, so kudos of Meghan McCarthy for that.

What I love most about this episode is how they portrayed Spike's conflict and how very relate-able it is. I'm actually thankfully that he didn't run to Twilight for help and was able resolve his conflict on his own. In fact, this the best portrayal of Spike in Season 4 so far.

... wait... Did Twilight say something about Princess Cadence and Luna helping out towards the end there?... Luna was there but not shown?!?! NO, WRONG! GO BACK! NO! *angry sigh* I swear they're doing this on purpose now. *takes ice cream and starts eating it* omnomnom

You think you have it bad?! ;P

I'd argue that while some of the stuff Rarity did wasn't "bad", the stuff that was outweighed the good immensely. Like, the shining gold road could be hazardous, particularly to someone flying overhead. Gold ROOFTOPS would have made it even worse. Then there's when she replaced some ponies with others--were they transformed, or switched places? And uh, the ponies trapped in crystal...

I didn't really like the ending. I feel like Spike should have apologized for, well, frankly, giving her the spell and then essentially enabling her. Also, what was the point in Rarity not remembering anything? It doesn't really matter since the things she did weren't automatically reversed, which is a cliche I'm glad they avoided, but why avoid that and go for "character doesn't remember what they did when they 'weren't themselves'"?? This isn't Smallville, dammit.

But with those issues aside, I thought it was a good episode. The chaos Rarity caused was great and aside from the end Spike was handled pretty well. Probably one of the better episodes among the ones that focus on Spike's feelings for Rarity, if only because (at least in my eyes) he was actually genuinely wanting to help rather than just trying to impress her. Also the thought of Twilight needing to call in two other Princesses just to fix everything was entertaining. I wonder what their reactions were?

Also, Spike eating the book was hilarious. I almost expected him to burn it instead--he was able to burn the lock, after all, so why not the book?--which just makes it that much funnier.

Inspiration Manifestation is in my top 5 of favorite Pony episodes,

Notice the short cameos of VInyl Scratch and Octavia.

The comic is making a romance between Celestia and alternate universe Sombra? Well, it always seemed obvious to me that the comic wasn't canon to the show, but now it's just very, very improbable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can understand that viewpoint. 

I, on the other hand, absolutely see the comics, novels, film, and TV show as all sharing one big canon. My rationale is this: The comics aren't actively contradicting the show, so that's reason enough for me to just go "Yeah, okay, that happened." That the comics continuously reference events in the show (despite the inverse never happening, so as not to alienate non-comic reading fans) further cements this in my mind.

That said, I am loving the "Reflections" arc so far. Actually showing us Starswirl's past, giving some real character development to Celestia, and crafting a surprisingly interesting alternate universe for our heroes to explore... At just two issues in, this has been really intriguing so far, and - if they do it right - this could be my favorite arc of the series thus far.

I'm enjoying the little details a lot too - particularly Discord, Flim, Flam, Trixie, Derpy, and Chrysalis all being celebrated heroes in alternate Equestria. What little we saw of evil Celestia and Luna was interesting too, and I'm looking forward to how they fare as antagonists (along with good Sombra as an ally).

Consider my hooked, and already waiting eagerly for next month's installment.

• Thumbs Up 4

WHich comic number is this now? ANd which of the series?

The S4 ending teaser is already up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0yPa-2H80

425/426: “Princess Discord” 2-parter in which Discord becomes a draconequalicorn and replaces Celestia. As she always intended. #MLPseason4

Applejack: Don't you have a creepy magic-stealin' villain to track Down?

• Thumbs Up 2

The comics aren't actively contradicting the show, so that's reason enough for me to just go "Yeah, okay, that happened.

Eh. When it comes to canonicity and stuff like comics and adaptations and so on and so forth, it all comes down to personal perception more than anything, unless it's 100% canon/non-canon. Which I don't think anyone working on the MLP comics or show has stated, one way or the other. It's not a huge deal, really.

There are times when the comics haven't been super accurate, but I think most examples of it are minor details more than anything. I guess there's the Daring Do bit in the last arc, but I don't think it really contradicted Daring Don't, really...though quite a few fans wouldn't mind that being ignored. XP

I just interpret them as "canon when/if possible", which it mostly is so far.

As for OOOOOOOH MY GOD at the end of Reflections part 2...

Saw it coming, though I'll legit laugh if there's a "haha, fooled you" in part three where it's revealed they don't mean romantic love. But that'd be a cop out, so I'd actually prefer if they didn't. In any case, it's not like they're gonna be allowed to be in a relationship since it seems too dangerous for the worlds to be linked...I expect a bittersweet ending in that regard. We'll see.

Plus I mean, Mirror World Sombra is pretty hot so you can't blame her for--*dodges tomato*

So the plan seems to be that the evil Celestia and Luna need to be zapped by the Elements and turned good/to stone/whatever, which is what Celestia actually meant by "help me". Unless she just meant stopping the link between the Celestias and Lunas (and of course saving Mirror-Sombra from them), but it was just cryptic enough to mean a lot of different things. :P

If it's one disappointment I have, it's that probably won't see any of the characters in the mirror world's stained glass windows, or even the "mean six" *snickers* but I wouldn't be too surprised if they explored this world again someday, maybe in one of the side comics (i.e. a micro-series/friends forever sort of deal)? Of course there's fanfiction too...

Also, best panel going into my signature. B]

Wait is this true what I hear!? That MLP:FiM pulled a Shattered Glass!?

And that there wasn't an evil counterpart to the Mane 6 at all!?

What comic was this!?

Kinda surprised this one hasn't popped in here considering how many people seem to care about similar series.

But My Little Investigations is out.

It seems like it's only the first case, and I can't say for certain if they are going to continue with this (nor how long it'll take them to release hypothetical new cases) but it seems their plan is to release an editor which would means the game isn't running out of content at least.

*reads comments*

Well, it also seems to be a bit rough around the edges but that's to be expected from a fangame I guess.

Okay, I'm getting major Ace Attorney vibes, especially of the Miles Edgeworth Investigation side-series.

I'm really liking the comic's newest arc and all of its alternate dimension shenanigans.

I have a new head-canon where Celestia teaches Twilight how to pick up guys from alternate dimensions.

Also, Evil Celestia and Luna are amazing.

Okay, I'm getting major Ace Attorney vibes, especially of the Miles Edgeworth Investigation side-series.

series.

tumblr_inline_n2b2axP0FD1qffz5t_zpscbf8b

• Thumbs Up 1

' Bout time we got a proper crisis on two earths with ponies. I was afraid we'd have to leave that all up to Elements of Insanity, brilliant show as it is of course.