Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

I could not find any reviews of this weekends Everfree NW yet. So have one of 2012.

http://www.roundstable.com/2012/07/06/emotions-running-high-bronycon-2012-review/

I just got home from Everfree Northwest 2014 a little while ago, so I can give some comments on it.

I had a blast and met so many great people there. All the panels and guests were fantastic. The staff got quite emotional when everyone was cheering and talking about how great of time they had at the closing ceremony.  Sadly, the person who was chairman of the event is stepping down, but I'm confident he left the convention in good hands. Even though I'm sad the Everfree Northwest is over, I'm really looking forward to Bronycon in a few weeks!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm looking for another recommendation. Are there any fanfics that are about when Cadance in the first part of A Canterlot Wedding was actually real, and Twilight didn't know that she was the real Cadance?

Capture.PNG

Next month the summer ends with the big ones like BronyCAN, GalaCon and on.

I can't wait for Bronycon in a little more than 2 weeks! This is one con I've been wanting to go, but never got the opportunity until now.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I absolutely hate it when creators of things like fanfics and comics write lines that reference things like movies. In the comic 'The Night the Magic Died', the author made a line that referenced the "damn bloody ape" line from Planet of the Apes. Also, the writer of 'Faith and Doubt' referenced the "I'm not trying to rob you, I'm trying to help you" scene from The Fellowship of the Ring, near the end of the fic. It's not clever or funny, it's very unoriginal and forced. It makes me have to pretend that the characters speaking the line are saying something else.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I absolutely hate it when creators of things like fanfics and comics write lines that reference things like movies. In the comic 'The Night the Magic Died', the author made a line that referenced the "damn bloody ape" line from Planet of the Apes. Also, the writer of 'Faith and Doubt' referenced the "I'm not trying to rob you, I'm trying to help you" scene from The Fellowship of the Ring, near the end of the fic. It's not clever or funny, it's very unoriginal and forced. It makes me have to pretend that the characters speaking the line are saying something else.

Eh, it doesn't bother me too much when used sparingly.

Though I think the TV show and the Comic have done that a few times didn't it? Not so sure about the show, but I do recall a character saying "The Filly-ship is broken" In an issue of the comic, a reference to Lord of the Rings.

Eh, it doesn't bother me too much when used sparingly.

Though I think the TV show and the Comic have done that a few times didn't it? Not so sure about the show, but I do recall a character saying "The Filly-ship is broken" In an issue of the comic, a reference to Lord of the Rings.

Well, I see that, but when it comes to stories with more mature elements, it kinda sucks out the feel of the story it's telling. It would be one thing if the story was centered more around humor, but doing it in a more serious story is kinda pushing it. However, I don't really have a problem if the title of the story is referencing another existing title. If I could make a story about King Sombra, it would be called "The Madness of King Sombra", which references the movie title "The Madness of King George III".

2e0mgjr.jpg

This Picture of the Cystal Empire was from 2 summers ago under the Season 3 opening hype. That summer in 2012 two of the songs from the Crystal Empire also got leaked at Comic Con.

So it seems an even longer synopsis has been revelealed for EQG2:

Capture.PNG

[source]

I... don't know exactly how to feel about this. I mean, the plot sounds harmless enough but are they really pulling in pony Twilight again? Wasn't it already established that there could of been a human version of her in that world. They could've easily written that version of her in and kept the two worlds (and continuities) completely apart. I just hope this is like the last movie and doesn't add anything to the show. I never really hated the idea of EQG and, honestly, didn't really care that they were making another one (just had the mindset that we'd get more jokes and songs out of it), but for some reason a lot of these press releases so far have been rubbing me the wrong way... hoping I'm wrong here but if I'm not I'm seriously praying that this takes from it's predecessor and stays away from the show.

• 7 months later...

We now have a date for Season 5! It's April 4th at 11 AM

Two trailers have also been released:

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

I don't know what they're planning on doing with Sweetie Belle's singing talent, but I can't wait to find out! Hell we got both Vinyl Scratch and Octavia on the judge panel!

• Thumbs Up 8

Episode synopsizes for episodes 3 and 4 have been revealed:

[source]

Castle Sweet Castle
S05, E03 (First Aired: April 11, 2015) The ponies try to make Princess Twilight's castle feel more like home after finding out she's been avoiding it.

Bloom and Gloom
S05, E04(First Aired: April 18, 2015) Apple Bloom has high anxiety over getting her Cutie Mark and it begins to turn her life into a nightmare.

"Nightmare"... Apple Bloom is the last CMC who doesn't have an episode with... oh my god

10r3dcw.gif

April 18th needs to get the fuck over here. >:V

• Thumbs Up 6

You can make a good guess that B&G will mark a reappearance of Luna. So far, her fellow CMCs have had Luna mentor them. AB hasn't, so this would complete the circle. Secondly, because "nightmare" means a negative toll on her life, it can be a possible double entendre.

Most importantly, though, is CSC. By getting this episode out of the way really early, the audience's expectations start to transition.

On EQD, analyst Silver Quill made two specific wishes for the castle in CSC:

1. Warmer color scheme than the blues, greens, and violets we've seen thus far. Though it helps draw the idea to the golden roundtable, it also creates a very cold atmosphere in what is supposed to be Twilight's home. Even just swapping the library book colors would help.

2. The castle has very large rooms, which feels cavernous for just two residents. If Twilight had a small study, separate of the library, that'd be wonderful.

He makes a really good point about the warmer colors. The castle is a really big eyesore just by how much it stands out from the rest of Ponyvile's organically composed houses. But its biggest problem is its interior. Blue, green, and purple are all cool colors. Including the deep black, jagged edges on the walls, and steel-colored-rock chairs only make the rooms more depressing. The treehouse works because it's very cozy, organic, and very homey. Each little bits of info that fit Twilight's back-end characterization tremendously. Changing some things with the castle like streamlining the warm pastel colors or smoothing out the edges would help give her newfound castle a more likeable personality.

It sounds like episode 3 is going to be the episode that explores the subject of Twilight losing her old library. I agree with Silver Quill suggestions for the castle too.

"Nightmare"... Apple Bloom is the last CMC who doesn't have an episode with... oh my god

April 18th, I demand that you get here sooner!

Can't believe Season 5 is already airing in just a few weeks. Hell I haven't had a chance to watch Season 4 yet, since I kinda lost interest in MLP and was left disappointed by Season 3 and yucky Equestria Girls.

Wonder how much hate the hundredth episode is gonna get from fans since

it's going to focus on the background Ponies and probably full of fanservice/fanpandering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x89ZqH59D0

Good luck getting that out of your head.

I have to say, I haven't been all that hyped for Season 5.  I guess the layoff between seasons is hitting hard this time.  I'm sure once I'm one or two episodes in (or three if it starts with a two parter) I'll be good, though.

So seeing as we're now a week away from Season 5 I guess I might as well share my final hopes and thoughts before it hits.

To be honest, I'm not really sure where this one is going to take the series. It seems to be geared more towards the mane six this time around rather than just Twilight so that seems pretty cool already. As I've said before, I'm not really sure on how much more character development Twilight can get at this point without it eating into other character's spotlights.

This season also seems to be going with a bit of a darker tone if the trailers are anything to go by. Again, it's too early to say anything about it but what I love about this show is that it's able to surprise. From the very first season it tackled concepts and events that (to be blunt) had no right being in a show for little ponies and has gained a following  because of it. If we are to believe the description for the 100h episode, the writers are well aware of what the mass group of fans seem to want so it'll be interesting to see where this leads.

I guess I'm just really open to see where this show is going. There isn't really any clear predictions one can make at this time. I'm guessing we'll all have a better guess as to what the season will hold once the opening airs. If I had to give one thing I'm hoping we don't see this season it'd have to be any character leaving. One of the main things I love about the show is the cast and I'd have a hard time seeing any of them go. I know it's not likely to happen but they do seem to be going for a darker tone and there have always been rumblings of such events (from both fans and previous show staff) so one can never be too sure.

So overall, I'm psyched. Can't wait to get more Luna pony. Bring on next Saturday and many more after!

and I swear to me mum Luna better have more screen time this time around

Well then... Season 6 has already been confirmed by the looks of it. No, it doesn't seem to be an April fools joke as it comes straight from Hasbro themselves. Also makes sense seeing as the movie is coming out sometime in 2017. Who knows, we might even start to see a build up towards the film in this one (hell, maybe even some stuff in 5). Any way you look at it, it's more pony; which is always a plus.

Also, a clip from the season 5 opener just surfaced. I'm not going to watch it (have to save some stuff for Saturday) but it's there for those who do.

So three new EQG shorts featuring brand new songs and animation have been uploaded out of nowhere! (Not an April Fool's joke!)

LOVE everything about My Past is Not Today. It's awesome to hear Sunset sing a full solo of her own and I love the theme of her redemption. The other two are pretty cute, too. Of course Pinkie gets dibs on the 80s. XD Hopefully these'll be included on the Friendship Games Blu-ray!

• Thumbs Up 8