Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

So...the Enterplay trading cards have had a few possible Season 5 spoilers / hints already, but this is new.

881951.png

If this is based on something that's actually going to happen, my money's on the "Luna has a nightmare" episode they've mentioned in the past, or something that makes more sense in context (I mean, given the fact you can see Discord's horn there on her head alongside her own...).

• Thumbs Up 1

882321.gif

But then she got an idea.  An awful idea.  Rainbow Dash got a wonderful, awful idea!

To see Rainbow cry so much at the end though... goddamn I felt terrible for her.

• Thumbs Up 8

GUMMY SHOULD BE HIBERNATING TOO.

Alligators aren't prominent examples because they usually live in very warm environments, but if he's subject to winter like that then he should be going to sleep too!

...It was a neat episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best. Episode. Of the season. So. Far!

I don't even know where to begin in praising this episode! Ashleigh ball really killed it in terms of her voice acting and there were so many facial expressions that are just waiting for their memes to come in.

They did a great job with a continuity from the running of the leaves to the weather factory and that Game of Thrones reference was something I did not see coming!

Also, the song in this episode was fantastic and goes right up there with Find A Pet! Plus, the background music was top notch and some of the best background music the series has given us! Also, I can't leave out the visuals. They just get better and better!

But the highlight of the episode by far was having to say goodbye to Tank. We saw MA Larson tweeted an apology about something that was going to happen in this episode and that was it. I have to admit, I teared up when all the ponies cried (save for Twilight and Applejack) on having to say goodbye having gone through the experience myself of saying goodbye to a pet for the last time. I've never seen Rainbow that emotional before, and they really hit a home run with that particular scene!

Cindy Morrow did some excellent writing for this episode and I can't wait to see more from her! Also,Thanks, MA Larson.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh wow, this may just rival Sonic Rainboom for me:

Pros:

- These facial expressions are getting out of hand!

- This has been a running thing since the season opener but I just gotta say I love the new blunt approach they're using for Fluttershy now. It honestly just hits home because you just don't see it coming from her and this was no different. She knew what was bothering Rainbow Dash and wasn't going to pull any punches in trying to help her solve it. Makes it even more hilarious when you consider that Rainbow basically called her animal knowledge BS during the opening. Sort of a "damn girl, I told your ass this at the beginning. teach you to question my shit..." moment. XD

- Again, really like how Spike was handled here. I've said this before but I really prefer leaving him out of the main action with a good reason rather than just having him along for comedy relief. While he wasn't apart of the group scenes he had a fantastic moment with Rainbow by himself.

- That scene where they poke fun at pegasus names was fantastic.

- A brilliant song and amazing background music. Not sure if it's my favorite Dash song but it's definitely up there. Not to mention the visuals they had going during it.

- The visuals in this one, like damn. I recently watched a couple of episodes from season 1 and the leaps they've made since then are astounding.

- I know I'm going to get a couple of looks but I honestly found that crying scene hilarious. I mean, AJ cries on the inside!? Yes XD

- That ending really hit me right in the feels. I mean she stays back just a bit longer to read to him ;_;. I know the scene could of had a bit more of an impact if it was Tank actually passing on but I honestly don't think my heart could of handled that so I'm glad it didn't.

Cons... not much actually:

- Am I the only one who finds it weird that Dash gets no penalty for basically screwing over people's work efforts during all this. She even manages to almost destroy an entire factory and she got NOTHING for that?

- ... that' really it actually... No Luna? No Luna.

Another strong episode for the season. I don't quite think it beats out Sonic Rainboom for me but it does come damn close.

Also, about this...

So...the Enterplay trading cards have had a few possible Season 5 spoilers / hints already, but this is new.

881951.png

If this is based on something that's actually going to happen, my money's on the "Luna has a nightmare" episode they've mentioned in the past, or something that makes more sense in context (I mean, given the fact you can see Discord's horn there on her head alongside her own...).

Damn. You know, I actually don't know what to make with this. I mean, the idea of there being a Nightmare equivalent to Celestia was always an idea that entertained me, I never thought the show would tackle it. I always thought of canon Celestia being a "do no wrong, have to have a role model for the kids" type of character but this is really interesting. I know this idea could be used for Luna's nightmare episode (i mean really the best episode already come on now :V) but is there any chance of this being a season finale type of deal? I mean, as long as we see this in the show I guess it really doesn't matter but it does seem like a bigger idea than just something that shows up in a non opening/ finale episode... even if it's a Luna episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely fantastic episode. The Grinch homages, the bit poking fun at how stupid some of these Pony names are, AJ crying on the inside, and Flutts just plain breaking down the situation to RD without sugar-coating it were my definite highlights. Another homerun for Season 5.

(Also, the second the "stopping Winter" plot was brought in, I instantly thought about how a GoT parody shirt with an angry RD on it that says "Winter is NOT Coming" is probably going to become a reality. XD)

But the highlight of the episode by far was having to say goodbye to Tank. We saw MA Larson tweeted an apology about something that was going to happen in this episode and that was it.

Actually, based on some of his tweets today, I believe he was referring to the Game of Thrones reference.

-

This episode's title clearly should've been How the Dashie Stole Winter.

Silliness aside, pretty sweet episode. Playing on RD's fear of being alone (established way back in S2) without outright stating it was nice to see, and even when she was being silly and then messing things up for everyone, I couldn't help but feel bad for her, especially as it became more and more clear that her plan wasn't going to work--I mean, obviously wacky shenanigans like that won't work, but still.

There were some good character moments with the others too. Pinkie's continued to actually be portrayed well this season (thank god), and the "crying on the inside" bit with Applejack was amusing. Flutters was the highlight for me aside from RD herself. Come to think of it, that whole scene in Rainbow's room was good for the mane six overall, haha.

I think my favourite joke was the "who's on first?" routine but with those pegasi names. I wonder how often stuff like that happens in this show's world. :P

Oh, and I think Cloudsdale got a similar upgrade in visuals ala Fluttershy's cottage back in Castle Sweet Castle, haven't seen any high quality screens yet to compare though.

On another note, Rainbow clearly should have gone with the most logical and simple solution to her dilemma.

buying_time_by_amarcato-d8r1ji8.png

(Source!)

• Thumbs Up 3

This was a cool episode, had a grin my entire lunch break because of the humor and Rainbow being diabeetus adorable. I was a little annoyed at first that she was such an asshole to her friends and got away with felony level vandalism but her affection for Tank was too sweet to be ruined by that.

Maybe it was the winter setting, the amazing song, or Rainbow being a colossal jerk(for good reason) but it felt like a Season 1 episode. Rainbow finally gets a solo song and I'm suddenly disappointed that it took 5 years to get one, easily the best of the season. There was bit of a missed opportunity to have Fluttershy and Pinkie console Dash by revealing that their pets do the same thing each year and how they cope with the temporary loss. AJ cries on the inside... and a hundred "silently depressed orphan AJ" sadfics were born.

On another note Fluttershy has been amazing this season, from foiling Starlight to sassing Pinkie and being brutally honest with Rainbow we can really see that she's come such a long, long way with her self confidence since the start of the show, especially when dealing with her friends.

• Thumbs Up 1

A pet focused episode. Oh boy… Remember what I said about my thoughts on CMC episodes? It’s kinda similar but for different reasons.

First off, some of the episodes revolved around pets can be iffy i.e. Owl’s Well That Ends Well and Just for Sidekicks, doesn’t help that it drags Spike’s character down as well. Added to that is how little episodes there are that focuses or even further establishes on the bonds between the pets and their masters/companions. Heck, Just for Sidekicks does the opposite in separating them.

Secondly, is that I just don’t care much about the pets in general and don’t left much of an impression on me. Well, okay the only one I like out of the bunch is Gummy for some comedic moments, but that’s just it. They don’t have much influence or have much of a presence on the show for me to care for them bar Angel Bunny who shows up more often yet I don’t like much for being such a jerk most of the time esp. to Fluttershy. I just feel total indifference for the lot of them.

Thirdly, how they feel like ‘accessories’. It’s a bit harsh but I say this because how they seem superficial to the series, basically feel more like product placement, and like even how Hasbro seem to have forgotten about them in the Rainbow Power and Cutie Mark Magic toylines as far as I can tell. And even at the time, I did argue that not everyone is comfortable with having pets and don’t see why every Mane needs one.

As for the episode, it was rather okay.

With this episode involving Tank, what do I think of him prior to this? Indifferent. I was rooting for the bat in May the Best Pet Win.

What do I think about him after this? Still indifferent. As for the bond between him and RD, like I said, I felt like that there should have been more episodes that focus on the relation between them for it to be more effective. Sure, he saved her during MtBPW, but I hoped to see more moments that strengthen those ties.

I liked some of the shots of Ponyville, seeing more of Cloudsdale and the factory, and some of RD’s overreactions like Angry and Grinch Dash, and Pinkie going through the cloud wall. The song was okay too.

The scene with RD crying at the end, IMO, would have been better if Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy didn’t join in on it and that RD could have toned it down a bit. As much as RD was a strong point of the episode, she did come off as forced at times. Also, again FiM still doesn’t give me the feels.

Maybe it was the winter setting, the amazing song, or Rainbow being a colossal jerk(for good reason) but it felt like a Season 1 episode.

Maybe it's just me but I always felt Cindy Morrow was one of the writers who could always summon those feelings, a lot of the episodes I like came from her and I seriously missed her on S4 (together with Larson)

Anyway, this episode has 3 flags (I think I call them like that since I wouldn't say they are outright flaws) that might bother some people.

1) What are Timelines?

It's pretty obvious by watching Season 1 that this show was not supposed to have a linear timeline, but the fact this is the first winter Dash is going to spend with Tank is a bit jarring. It's been sort of implied that the first 3 seasons happened over the course of a single year (Celly only mentioning the Summer Sun Celebration after Twi got wings, yet at the same time the Gran Galloping Gala got mentioned again back on Season 2 and we aren't seeing it until this season) but relating all the events that happened across the 3 seasons in the span of a few months can be a bit of a pain...

The first episode was on summer, then at some point we get the running of the leaves, then Winter Wrap up (but that might be before Heart's Warming Eve?) then we get May the Best Pet Win then at some point we get the gala (Seasons 5 and 4 seems to have a tighter timeline so I think we can assume the Gala happens after Winter, also Sweet and Elite might happened before this?) then Twilight became an Alicorn (and the Discord, Cadance and Trixie mini Arcs happened in the middle of all of this, man! That was a busy Spring/Early Summer!) and then we got a second Summer Sun Celebration which is followed by all of season 4 and then the Tirek fight and now we are on Winter again... Add in the middle Cider Season and the fact Pinkie Pie brings up her birthday a few times on the series and well... I don't envy the soul who'd try to make a linear timeline (I remember when someone tried back with only season 1)

Long story short, we can either think that Equestria has some very very long years (who knows how the Solar System works when the moon and the Sun are magically moved) or just don't think about it at all, your choice. I think it would be better to consider the first option if we used the winter time scenarios more often, but alas, most cartoons don't do this so I'll go with the later.

2) What is Property Damage?

Massive property damage is a very familiar scenario for this show (or cartoons in general) as well as the fact that the one's causing it will rarely get any slack for it, Rainbow's plan here is bringing an ecological disaster of a near-Everlasting Night magnitude so of course, people get upset about how easy she got off this situation... Well... The thing is that no one saw Rainbow causing the disaster and the destruction of the factory only caused Winter to arrive faster in Ponyville (good luck to the rest of the cities tho) so that kinda evens out things. Of course you also have to take into account that the Moon Princess got scott free from trying to bring the end of the world by saying "I'm sorry" and the heroine of this show has tried to stop time and brought more chaos to a town than Discord under the logic that "if there isn't a problem to solve I should make one!" so maybe for ponies this should be a routine thing. Unless it's the Golden Oaks Library.

As a fun side note, if this happened over the course of a year the water vault that Dash emptied could be the one Ponyvile filled in Hurricane Fluttershy meaning that all the effort Dash (and Shy as well as all the town's pegasi) went through got undone... By herself!

3) What is Allegory?

Most adults who watched this episode probably caught the hint that this one is as close as the show might be able to get around the topic of death, or rather about the loss of someone dear to you, the inevitable of similar events and how could one cope with them (Dash even goes through the five six stages of grief). The thing is that there is a pair of reasons as to why this doesn't work for some people, first of all is that most adults and kids will also be able to understand that Tank is just going to sleep for 3 months and then come back so Dash actions come as something impossible to justify, not only that but also you can actually prevent a reptile from hibernating (or brumating as the correct term would say), as VEDJ-F pointed out under certain temperatures and conditions the tortoise won't feel the need to go into deep slumber, you just only need to give it a constant source of heat! It's be understandable if neither Dash nor Twi would know about this but the fact Fluttershy glasses over this little detail is a bit of a let down.

But there is another side to this argument, first of all, Shy might or not known about this but she seems like the kind of pony who'd rather let nature run its course instead of finding ways to go against it (tho if that were the case I'm not sure what she thinks about Tank's flying contraption). And even if Dash were to find a way to keep Tank warm in her home she still wouldn't be able to do all the activities she got planned, I also feel a pet like Tank would get bored of this hypothetical confinement so brumating would have been for the best.

As for the first point I gave, well, it might feel hard to justify for the average person but Dash really liked tank, the pets get very little screentime but of all the combos out there you can argue that Dash and Tank are the most affectionate one (the only ones who I think come close are Applejack and Winona). This is also a very new experience for the daredevil Pegasus since until a year ago she never considered the idea of having a pet so having to deal with a lot of things that she didn't want to (losing her pet and all the things that carry as well as ruining her plans for the season) for the first time drove her a little over the edge... Think of Twily on Lesson Zero for a similar example.

But anyway, if you can get over these things then you have a pretty cool episode in your hands! As stated by many before me the visual jump between seasons is more and more evident, while the previous episode was a bit of a fluke this one shows us how much they've done with Cloudsdale.

62741__safe_screencap_wallpaper_cloudsda 

882429__safe_rainbow+dash_screencap_tank

The fact the city moves makes me wonder about Rainbow Falls. (also, I need a higher quality picture of the second one, but my internet is sucking a lot right now.

Needless to say, the expressions on this episode were also awesome and filled my poneh folders.

The comedy was awesome, I really laughed at the Who's on first scene and the crying scene... Yeah it might sound weird since it's supposed to be an emotional part but it changes it's mood so fast the Narm starts falling all over the place, it goes like this: Dash starts crying, then she keeps going, in fact, she goes on for so long that Fluttershy starts feeling bad for what she said and then starts crying as well, Rarity doesn't want to see Flutters cry so she joins, Pinkie then joins because Twilight isn't crying and then when Twilight asks why she didn't scold Applejack for it and then we got dat little gem... Which it's funny because her parents are dead and she went through a lot when she was a filly... ... ... ... Horseapples I made myself sad.

(I know I shouldn't have explained how the scene went but some people though Pinkie also joined because Fluttershy was crying and some others didn't get why YellowQuiet joined Dash in the bawlfest)

Speaking of these two I really love how they are being portrayed on this season so far, it's like everything that happened to Flutters in season 4 actually mattered and none of the annoying parts of Pinkie on that very same season got through, Ponks gags this season so far have been all hits and always managed to put a smile on my face, like this one:

53180_512x288_generated__QSeGF1GCpkGu8Bw

Oh wait, wrong show... But you get my point! 

Yellowquiet on the other hoof has been at least 2 hues of yellow so far but it's really taking back the quiet part, ever since this season started she feels a lot stronger than in the previous episodes, she holds a lot less than what she did back then (when Pinkie was pretty much the only one she'd show some snark with) and all around it feels like all that time around guys like Iron Will, Discord and Micro Vegeta with an accent were worth it! ` -`b

882390__safe_rainbow+dash_fluttershy_scr

Look at dem expressions and tone she uses during this episode, so full of motherly smugness. :U

All in all I liked this episode, the humor was clever, the visuals were good, the song was good (tho I wouldn't put it in my favorite's list), the conflict was interesting since it puts Rainbow Dash on a very uncomfortable situation and we get to see her at her most vulnerable which gave me some feels (that were abruptly interrupted when Shy and the rest joined her) and we got a very sweet ending all things considered.

As BatGuy pointed it has that Season 1 feeling that makes me feel good about watching ponies on Saturday night (because I'm working when they air)... Also the feeling I was watching Dr Seuss at points... There might be some things that take out of the enjoyment of the episode for some but as far as I go the good amply outweights the bad.

• Thumbs Up 3

FiM episode idea:

The Easy Way or The Broadway

Sweetie Belle, accompanied by Rarity, goes to Manehattan and gets a chance to audition in a Broadway musical that stars mostly colts and fillies. However, auditioning doesn’t go so hot and the producers place her as one of the extras/understudy. She reluctantly does so.

As per chance, one of the main actors gets ill and Sweetie Belle is chosen as the replacement! However, can she handle performing on stage while battling stage fright and trying to act with ponies that are difficult to work with including accident prone stage helpers and snobbish child stars that make DT and SS look like saints? Maybe the debut of something re-mark-able happens on stage.

884427.png

I'm in love with the backgrounds this season. Can't wait to see how other establishing shots have been upgraded, though I imagine some will only get minor touch ups. (The CMC's clubhouse, for example, looked pretty much the same as far as I could tell.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Sad to say, Amy Keating Rogers, veteran writer for FiM as well as writer of Pinkie Pride, Bridle Gossip, Testing Testing 123 and the Smile Smile Smile song and more, is leaving the show with S5 most likely to be her last. And where is she heading you ask? *Cue The Imperial March/Darth Vader theme: DISNEY.

She'll definitely be missed for sure. *And cue mass exodus of overreacting bronies leaving the fandom/show because of this news.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/amy-keating-rogers-becomes-full-time.html#idc-cover

Capture.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Sad to say, Amy Keating Rogers, veteran writer for FiM as well as writer of Pinkie Pride, Bridle Gossip, Testing Testing 123 and the Smile Smile Smile song and more, is leaving the show with S5 most likely to be her last. And where is she heading you ask? *Cue The Imperial March/Darth Vader theme: DISNEY.

She'll definitely be missed for sure. *And cue mass exodus of overreacting bronies leaving the fandom/show because of this news.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/amy-keating-rogers-becomes-full-time.html#idc-cover

I'm going to miss her. She wrote some fantastic episodes for MLP. I wish her all the best at Disney.

• Thumbs Up 1

FiM episode ideas:

Surf’s Up in the Air!

It is summertime once again and the only time when the Cloudsdale’s factories get to mass produce a sea of clouds and use the wave generator so the Pegasi can bring out the longboards and do their favorite pastime, cloud surfing.

Of course, the annual cloud surfing competition is happening and RD never passes up the opportunity to sign up. However, this year’s competition is a bit fierce. Not only Wonderbolts Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot have signed up, but ex Wonderbolt captain Velvet Velocity, AKA V.V., joins as well as….Lightning Dust and Gilda?!

A Shadow of Her Former Self

We all know about Fluttershy’s fear of dragons and how she seems more confident in the face of them, right? But then there is her fear of her own shadow also mentioned in Dragonshy.

An incident in Everfree causes Fluttershy to become detached from her own shadow and it becomes sentient. Fluttershy flees from it and heads back into Ponyville, leaving it to roam Everfree aimlessly.

However, she starts to feel kinda sickly and without her shadow, her starts losing her solidity/physical presence as she starts to slowly fade away. It also affects her entire existence as well as everypony she knows esp. her closest friends are slowly forgetting about her.

It’s now a race against time for Fluttershy to reunite with her shadow before she vanishes completely and be forgotten by everypony, including a certain draconequus who is slowly forgetting why he was reformed in the first place.

That was definitely one of the better episodes by Dave Polsky! The highlight of the episode was the CMC, especially Applebloom being the voice of reason in showing everyone that Troubleshoes wasn't bad. 

Furthermore, it was nice to see both Applelossa and Braeburn again, especially since he haven't seen either since the Season 1 days. I also like the Eeyore reference in regards to Troubleshoes as well. One of the funniest scenes of the episode is when Troubleshoes was in jail and kept breaking the mattress because he was so big. Also, it was nice to see Sweetie Belle use her magic again too.

All in all, a pretty good episode. Now the 2 week wait for the next one begins

All in all, a pretty good episode. Now the 2 week wait for the next one begins