Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Yeah, as a matter of fact the odd toy naming (like all the Dazzles randomly thrown in some toy names) is precisely to avoid that kind of issues, when fans got mad about the Heartstrings issue Hasbro was bro enough to actually look for a compromise and so Lyra Heartstrings was born. Besides the fact that DHX posses all the BG pony assets and whatever detailing their creations so I really doubt any potential lawsuit against the toy makers could hold any merit because the ponies in question had no personality until the fanon happened.

Anyway! This episode is going to be the last one we have on a looooooooooooooooong while so we could say that once again, we got a mini season without a Rara (and in this case, also without an AJ) episode...

I'm... Not upset about it...

... Not at all...

924487__safe_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack

933954__safe_solo_rarity_meme_animated_s

515115__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+da

610509__safe_solo_rarity_animated_screen

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 2

Holy shit! What an episode!

As if they weren't done with Slice of Life, they threw in even more craziness for the fans! We got manly Spike, Scootaloo flying, a meowing Derpy, a LyraBon tease, heck they even threw in Alicorn Big Mac with a Sailor Moon transformation reference thrown in there as well! Sure it may have been all a dream, but it was like the writers and animations saying "We're sorry for making you wait for the rest of Season 5, here's a little surprise for you!" Boy did they ever deliver with all the callbacks and references! It was great to see another Princess Luna centered episode! Even Nightmare Moon made another appearance despite it being a nightmare Luna was having.

They really did not disappoint with this mid-season finale! Shame we'll have to wait a bit before the rest of the Season 5 continues, but hopefully it won't be a long wait!

Well, that was a thing.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.  Luna was great, it's nice to see her get some closure with the whole Nightmare Moon thing... but I think the episode focused far too much on the fan service and action.

Kind of disappointed really.

• Thumbs Up 1

HAHAHAHA!

Oh my goodness! I was not expecting such a hectic and ridiculous episode from this!

There's so many hilarious things that caught me off guard (Fluttershy's Dream, Rainbow kicking flank, Giant Ditzy, Manly Spike, LyraBon, and vice versa) that I couldn't focus on the story by just how many silly things the episode threw at me. The one that made me laugh the most was of course Princess Big Mac. I'll say that I don't know too much about the fandom's obsession with Alicorn Big Mac but the sheer fact that Big Mac WANTED to be one in a dream was just hilarious to me. The moral at the end definitely felt rushed and the pacing was a bit off but I enjoyed this episode regardless.

I think this episode competes with Slice of Life too how utterly ridiculous, callback heavy, and fandom pandering it was.

*fun fact: I had to rewrite this because I tried to post it during the update... I'm screaming internally right now...*

heheheHAHAHAHA yeess... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

I'm not going to beat around the bush here, this might just be one of my favorite episodes to date. I'm going to be honest here, I was a bit worried about how this was going to turn out. It had been a while (well... to damn long really) since Luna had been in the spotlight of an episode so I was verily worried that something was going to go wrong. Funny how you feel that way when one of your favorite characters are put in the forefront. I had relatively high expectations and I'm happy (and a bit surprised) to say that this episode meet and exceeded them. There was just so much that they did right here. I'm going to have to break into a list here as I don't even think I could handle the run on sentence it would be.

- EVERY character interaction was spot on here. That's something I can't really say for most of the episodes so far.

- Absolutely loved each of the main six's dream sequences. They were both hilarious and true to the characters

- LUNA FIGHTING SEQUENCES! Like really, this episode was made for me!

- Luna

- The multiple callbacks were great.

- Princess Big Mac... I still can't believe they actually went ahead with that idea XD

- Spike was actually written very well here. You rarely ever see that happen when such a big cast is involved

- Moon

- THAT ANIMATION THO! Honestly, when they said they were always pushing the envelope with Flash (the software :V) whenever they made new season at SDCC I had alreayd believed them; but this just sealed the freaking deal. The jump in quality between this and season 1 now is so vast that it's almost like a different show. That shot with the giant nightmare creature walking towards the portal was just so grand and stunning to look at... like man! Great stuff!

- I can't tell you how happy I am with what they did for Luna's character here. I mean, giving her actual depth and emotions was something that needed to happen back in season one and to see it finally happen here is just... such a great feeling. Here's hoping they continue to build on it in future episodes.

So yeah, I can honestly say that this episode resonated with me on a scale that no other one has at this point. I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. I know someone could technically find something but to be perfectly frank here, I couldn't care less. I understand my Luna bias is easily a factor here but this is just a top tier episode in my book and nothing is really going to change it for me. Let me have this >:U!!!

So yeah *calms down for a sec*, I guess this was the last episode before the mid-season break. If I'm honest, I can't really say I'm a fan of this current trend that almost every cartoon nowadays seem to be following. I mean, I understand the why networks prefer it. You get new episodes out quicker to replay more when you don't have to wait for the entire season to be in a finish-able state to release them weekly; but I gotta say it's a bit annoying to the average weekly viewer. Kinda kills the flow. Well anyways, I'm happy to see that they left it on a high note for the time being. Can't wait to see what they have in store for later in th... later in th-the... wait...

*spoiler image*

Wasn't this suppose to have appeared in the episode?!? Didn't the staff basically confirm it to be in the season?...

Well damn... looks like we're in for some crazy shit in a few months... Ah well

*continues Moon party*

I'll pretty irritated about waiting so long during the hiatus only to get episodes mostly focusing on characters and aspects that I've never cared about only to get slapped with a random mid-season hiatus before anything happens with a character I do care about, like Rarity or Applejack. This whole season seems like it's been so sloppily organized - with the delayed airdates (3 weeks between Griffonstone and Slice of Life, I think?), a between season hiatus that was the longest experienced in the show's history so far by a few months, and a sudden mid-season break announced two days before it was to come into effect.

Man, back when it was the Hub, I was learning episode summaries and airdates nearly a month before it they aired. I kind of miss that. I mostly miss getting a Rarity episode. No Rarity or AJ episodes first half of S5. 

Fuck that noise.

• Thumbs Up 2

My reaction to this episode was almost similar to Slice of Life as it felt kinda heavy on the fanservice. Did the writers from the IDW comics do this? Because that what it felt like.

The things I liked were Luna of course, RD’s dream/nightmare as well as Pinkie’s, and Princess Big Mac.

Humor and fanservice tend to be hit-and-miss for me esp. near the end with Ponyville getting involved. Not to mention the pacing felt off in this episode with how rushed the ending was along with the moral feeling slightly forced and hackneyed. Even though it closed Luna/Nightmare Moon issue, I was slightly disappointed that it didn’t seem to hint or foreshadow anything in the future or at least, maybe have some kind of connection with Bloom and Gloom.

So this was alright, kinda in the middle for me.

My reaction to this episode was almost similar to Slice of Life as it felt kinda heavy on the fanservice. Did the writers from the IDW comics do this? Because that what it felt like.

Oh god, now I don't even want to watch the episode. Those comics are abysmal. 

I forgot to post about it in this thread, but Amending Fences was great. I wish it was the 100th episode instead of Slice of Life--I didn't hate the later by any means, but AF's entire premise would have been so much more fitting for a milestone like that. Seeing how far Twilight's come, just by comparing her with Moondancer. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was originally going to be the 100th episode before things happened behind the scenes. Oh well, at least the episode itself was still great.

Anyway, I actually really loved yesterday's episode! I don't really get the comparisons with Slice of Life--I mean, there was that gag with Lyra and Bon Bon, I guess? As for the IDW comics...this episode did have some vague similarities to the Nightmare Rarity arc, but that's about it, and even then I found this episode more interesting, especially the emotional bits. I thought I felt bad for Luna already back when Luna Eclipsed first aired, but this really took the cake. The revelation of the exact nature and origins of the Tantabus was just...ow. I didn't expect the show to go there, but they did and (in my opinion anyway) it worked pretty well!

One complaint I do have it's that there were some bits where it seemed the characters felt the need to recap what was happening more than what was necessary, it felt like filler that took up time that could have been spent better elsewhere in the episode, if that makes sense. Now, right after commercial breaks, I can understand that, but the other times, not so much. Still, it wasn't jarring enough to ruin my enjoyment of the episode as a whole.

Now please give me a Celestia episode that explores her emotions and stuff that's all I want ;_; is this too much to ask?!

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh god, now I don't even want to watch the episode. Those comics are abysmal. 

Unlike Nightmarity, the entity wasn't something that claimed her and made her into Nightmare Moon. Instead, the entity's a being that Luna created to punish herself for being NMM as she sleeps.

Unlike Nightmarity, the entity wasn't something that claimed her and made her into Nightmare Moon. Instead, the entity's a being that Luna created to punish herself for being NMM as she sleeps.

Meh, while you know as well as anyone that I'm an outspoken opponent of the NMR arc, the problems with the comics extend far past that - jokes are reused in different issues (if I had a fuckin' dime for every time they made Rarity go googly-eyed over a male character only for Spike to be like "hmph" as a joke, I'd probably go buy a Pepsi or something, idk), characterization is often botched, and the concepts and OCs they introduce are usually contrived as fuck and Mary Sue to the point of being annoying, respectively. Getting compared the comics is going to make think I'll be seeing things of this variety and I'm going to avoid the episode like the plague if that's the case.

Don't worry. The episode is nothing like that. It has a few silly gags, but ultimately is focused on exploring Luna's character and her guilt from being Nightmare Moon.

Meh, while you know as well as anyone that I'm an outspoken opponent of the NMR arc, the problems with the comics extend far past that - jokes are reused in different issues (if I had a fuckin' dime for every time they made Rarity go googly-eyed over a male character only for Spike to be like "hmph" as a joke, I'd probably go buy a Pepsi or something, idk), characterization is often botched, and the concepts and OCs they introduce are usually contrived as fuck and Mary Sue to the point of being annoying, respectively. Getting compared the comics is going to make think I'll be seeing things of this variety and I'm going to avoid the episode like the plague if that's the case.

Well if it makes you feel better none of the things you mentioned are on the episode, I just said it reminded me of IDW because of the humor and how zany it gets at one point. Also, because it's a full fledged Luna episode so all the focus is on her for once, unlike Luna Eclipsed when it was shared and all the dream episodes where what she did was more akin to a guest appearance.

Also, upon further watches, this episode feels more like it was made by Gainax (or rather, Trigger) . -.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about you guys, but Luna felt like a guest character to me in this episode. The only notable bits from her were the beginning, her plan and chasing the Tantabus, and at the very end. The episode is chock full of references and gags from the moment Luna enters Pinkie Pie's dream to the end when Luna finally relinquishes her guilt. To me, the merging of all the dreams in Ponyville felt unnecessary for me and more focus could've gone to Luna and her guilt of terrorizing Equestria as Nightmare Night. Too much time was spent with Ponyville fighting the Tantabus instead of focusing more on Luna's guilt on being Nightmare Night and how she acted towards the citizens of Equestria.

I feel I knew what the writers were going for in this episode, a wacky over the top pseudo finale. I enjoyed it of course, but it wasn't as focused as Luna Eclipsed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about you guys, but Luna felt like a guest character to me in this episode. The only notable bits from her were the beginning, her plan and chasing the Tantabus, and at the very end. The episode is chock full of references and gags from the moment Luna enters Pinkie Pie's dream to the end when Luna finally relinquishes her guilt. To me, the merging of all the dreams in Ponyville felt unnecessary for me and more focus could've gone to Luna and her guilt of terrorizing Equestria as Nightmare Night. Too much time was spent with Ponyville fighting the Tantabus instead of focusing more on Luna's guilt on being Nightmare Night and how she acted towards the citizens of Equestria.

I feel I knew what the writers were going for in this episode, a wacky over the top pseudo finale. I enjoyed it of course, but it wasn't as focused as Luna Eclipsed.

Ah, I've seen this before. I use to have the same feelings my self. You see, what you are now experiencing is a yearn for Luna. What you got in this episode was the doctor's half-season recommended dose of Luna. The problem is that you noticed how awesome she is and are now left with the feeling of wanting more. Yes... I know this feeling quite well. Though, I grew out of it when I realized Hasbro doesn't care about their best character and the writers just want to see the world drown with my tears... give me a sec...

Seriously though, I just can't say I feel the same way. I fully understand what you're saying here and it could easily just be me being content that she's actually in an episode for once but I honestly found her role here to be quite interesting and important. I mean, overshadowing of the non-common character is bound to happen when you put all six of the mains into an episode (this is actually something that has happened quite a few times before in the show when I think about it...) but I actually think it was handled rather well here all things considered.

Ah, I've seen this before. I use to have the same feelings my self. You see, what you are now experiencing is a yearn for Luna. What you got in this episode was the doctor's half-season recommended dose of Luna. The problem is that you noticed how awesome she is and are now left with the feeling of wanting more. Yes... I know this feeling quite well. Though, I grew out of it when I realized Hasbro doesn't care about their best character and the writers just want to see the world drown with my tears... give me a sec...

Seriously though, I just can't say I feel the same way. I fully understand what you're saying here and it could easily just be me being content that she's actually in an episode for once but I honestly found her role here to be quite interesting and important. I mean, overshadowing of the non-common character is bound to happen when you put all six of the mains into an episode (this is actually something that has happened quite a few times before in the show when I think about it...) but I actually think it was handled rather well here all things considered.

lol, I like Luna and her improved character development since Luna Eclipsed really shines in this episode but I don't like Luna as much as you man. I'm annoyed that Celestia didn't show up at all in this episode and I yearn for a Celestia focused episode since its way too long overdue. One day... plus I like Celestia more than Luna so bleh

And it's not just the Mane 6 that overshadows Luna but the background/minor characters overshadows her imo. When I first saw this episode, I completely forgot Luna existed once Ponyville started fending off the Tantabus. It went on so long that once Luna suddenly started acting extremely guilty that she was going to bring doom to Equestria again I felt it was too sudden and forced. That could be a pacing issue, but I feel Luna's overbearing guilt wasn't handled very smoothly.  

Edited by JayRaR
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ehhh not feeling it, as I said this one was actually the first fully Luna centered episode for me. The whole focus is on her until the shared dream sequences and really, the only background pony who had more than 4 seconds of airtime was Derpy and that might been 20 at most... I'd hardly call that overshadow. Also, almost every scene centers around her and her attempts to seal the Tantabus and the whole conflict is hers alone (and self inflicted at that).

Luna eclipsed on the other hoof had a divided focus between her and Twilight, and I feel most of the episode focused on the then purple unicorn and how could she befriend the princess (even if the screen time between both was roughly the same).

I do second that we need a Celestia episode really bad, it's a shame that if Panels are anything to go by we aren't getting one until at least S6... Like the CMC marks... *grumble grumble*

• Thumbs Up 1

Season 5 poster ahoy. Has some things covered up to be revealed later in the season.

unnamed.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Also of note about said poster:

The CMC are silhouetted despite being main characters and already appearing in an episode this season. They're right in the center as if to denote importance. And THESE were found in the code for the site that said poster was located on:

unnamed_(1).thumb.png.f28e2fe94720b27647unnamed_(2).thumb.png.22c7aad41c7d228946

MAKE YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.

Edited by CC14 His Gruffness

At first I thought the figure with a horn next to Celestia and Luna was Cadance, but she's with Shining in the center. Hmm...Blueblood?

The CMC being silhouettes...could it be...?!

People over at EqD comments already decoded a hell lot about that poster! Namely:

* the CMC being sillouthed

* the cake next to Shinning and Cadance has a baby carriage on top.

* Pinkie's family next to Maud.

* Starlight Glimmer next to Twilight.

* Greta (who I thought was going to be an irrelevant character but seeing her in the poster makes me curious)

* Coco Pomel in the back

* Jumpy the Shark next to Lyra

* These two ponies after Greta that I don't remember seeing before and they aren't covered.

* Arimaspi using a non before seen pose and being shown in the show's art style.

* Yellow Diamond

• Thumbs Up 2

They've been hinting at Shining Armor and Cadence possibly having a foal, so it wouldn't surprise me if that does end up happening eventually.

But those possible CMC marks though... If it means what I possibly think it means, it looks like Season 5 is going to have a lot of big reveals and surprises!

So I take it this poster has been confirmed as official now? Wow, the rest of season 5 is looking to be even crazier than the first half... if that was even possible. Have to say, I'm pretty interested in most of the ideas that have popped up from this. Especially if it's all meant to be starting the build up to the movie (which we're suppose to get some more information on soon... please don't be live-action). I think it's still a bit too early for me to say anything but these ideas are certainly getting me a bit hyped.

Let's just hope there's a slice of life episode with Celestia and Luna in there somewhere.

Considering how much the staff seems to love to tease us about

The crusaders cutie marks

I wouldn't be surprised if what we are seeing, if it's even true it's because of

Something that happens specifically on an episode, considering its relevance to the poster it might imply being important so as of right now the most plausible theory is that this is a secondary effect of Starlight's supposed time traveling shenanigans on the finale.

It's also worth noticing that no one has found anything regarding Apple Bloom, that could be interesting.