Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

A little preview of my next animation project. c: It's gonna take a long time, but it was just too perfect a mix to pass up. The song involves stars. Luna controls stars. The character singing in the original game is also named Luna. Alex has a little dragon buddy. Twilight has a little dragon buddy!

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who are wondering, this is the poster that was being mentioned.

Maybe something to do with the Season 5 finale since it's hinted at as what would happen if that first Sonic Rainboom that caused the Mane 6 to get their cutie marks never happened?

The Friendship Games is having little shorts leading up to the movie just like Rainbow Rocks did.

948144.jpeg

Here's the first one:

Watch as Sunset tries to figure out how the hell Equestrian magic works in human land..

She doesn't.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Rainbow tries to spy on the competition at Crystal Prep.

Unfortunately for her, Pinkie's there too.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, it seems like the hiatus might be shorter than what we thought of (read: more season breaks coming soon)

Episode: Canterlot Boutique 
Synopsis:

Rarity's dream of owning a boutique in Canterlot finally comes true, but it comes at a price Rarity may not be willing to pay.

Well... That episode sounds painfully obvious. Maybe a bit too much...

Her dream is to open a boutique in Canterlot, yet she isn't willing to move out of Ponyville aka

the minimum requirement for opening a boutique in Canterlot.

Rarity dearie I don't think you've thought this through fully.

Hidden Content

Well, not necessarily. If she plans to turn Carousel Boutique into a franchise, the Ponyville location could still exist. She'd just have to oversee business in both cities.

Granted, even if she wouldn't have to move, doing this would still require her to spend a lot more time in Canterlot to make sure the manager/employees of that store were running everything properly.

Hidden Content

Well, if Rarity needs somepony she trusts to run the Canterlot branch for extended periods of time, I definitely think Coco Pommel would be a likely candidate for that role.  That is, if Coco is willing to move away from Manehattan.  

Edited by Nix

I've always asumed

That the Manehattan episodes would turn around Coco, but seeing as at least one of them is more about a musical with no Coco in sight that might not be the case. As I mentioned before the episode sounds too obvious, even moreso than usual so it makes me think about what else there is to it.

Then there was this question asked at Bronycon a few days ago:

In response to a question about Rainbow Dash and Rarity being held back by their friends from their professional aspirations, Charlotte reminded us that just because they haven't reached their goals yet doesn't mean they never will, and Amy advised us to "be patient about Rarity..."

• Mitch, meanwhile, just blamed Pinkie Pie.

Which means Pinkie Pie will ruin everything in the next episode that this is an issue that will be tackled on the next episode, we know Rara would never pick to stay in the boutique because of the way this show works and because she'll be playing Turnabout Storm on the very next episode, so yeah, Coco would be a way of making this work. I don't know about you but having your boutique in canterlot doesn't sound so bad despite the fact you currently posses one (or many) jobs on another metropoli.

As for the movie... Ehhh... I mentioned before I thought that'd be a perfect spot to end the show as it were and then keep going with a new cast of characters or a new gen if you will, but I feel that's not going to be the case.

vlcsnap-2015-08-15-10h26m19s133.thumb.pn

WHAT AM I EVEN WATCHING?!

Hey! Remember that fighting game we C&D'd right before launch?

[/still butthurt about it]

• Thumbs Up 1

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic : Made in Manehattan

S05, E15 

Air Date: September 26, 2015

Applejack and Rarity are called to Manehattan to solve a friendship problem; they find themselves helping Coco Pommel with a major project in her neighborhood, but the three soon discover that they've bitten off more than they can chew.

TLvT2PR.png

Looks like September is going to be the month of Rarity, with three Rarity-centric episodes in a row.

Season 5's been a little on the so-so side for me thus far, but I have to admit this has me hyped for the show's return.

• Thumbs Up 3

I decided to make a post in this thread since I like ponies and haven't made a post in this thread yet. I like the show, the characters are very lovable and the writing is generally competent and interesting, and I like the fusion of slice of life, fantasy, and a smidgen of adventure. Though honestly, I do feel like it was kinda (okay, majorly) over-hyped for a while, to be honest. But whatever, I'm still glad I came to watch it and become a fan, so maybe that's not that bad a thing. I'm not involved in the fandom too much, other than occasionally listening to brony songs, watching brony analysis videos, looking at pony art, and stuff like that. It has some annoying traits - for example, adult male fans acting almost as though they're the primary audience rather than, you know, girls - particularly young or "young at heart" ones.

I haven't been watching the new EG movie shorts, I don't know why. It looked pretty cool from the first trailer, but considering my enthusiasm about ponies in general has been relatively low lately, my enthusiasm about EG is even lower, I guess.

So far this season has been mostly just okay, with a few major successes here and there. I thought Amending Fences was AMAZING, tho'. Possibly even my favorite episode of the show ever. It probably could've restored my enthusiasm for Pony in the long term if it wasn't for the hiatus.

Now for a question...I kinda get the general feeling that the pony fandom has been waning lately. Am I right in this? If so, do you think it's mostly just the fault of people losing interest and the novelty wearing off over time, coupled with having to wait so long for the new season, or could there possibly be something more to it? Also, what do you think the future holds for interest in Pony? Though, if nothing else, its popularity among little girls is probably still high, and I guess that's what's most important.

Now for a question...I kinda get the general feeling that the pony fandom has been waning lately. Am I right in this? If so, do you think it's mostly just the fault of people losing interest and the novelty wearing off over time, coupled with having to wait so long for the new season, or could there possibly be something more to it? Also, what do you think the future holds for interest in Pony? Though, if nothing else, its popularity among little girls is probably still high, and I guess that's what's most important.

It really seems that way. It used to be all over the internet, now the more I go on, the less and less I see of it. It used to be that if you made the slight mention of MLP, even if it was subtle, it would ignite a very bloody flame war. Nowadays I don't seem to notice as much... Though if that's still a thing, then I'm probably not paying enough attention.

Me... I admit, my interest has been dwindling a bit. I think the hiatus between season 3 and 4 might have contributed to it. Also, the brony fanservice didn't really bother me that much until around "Three's a Crowd." I think the novelty of pop culture references that the original intended audiences wouldn't get wore off on me, and at times it's either hit or miss. Not to mention, there have been times in this season where it feels like the it's trying capture the tone of the more over-the-top IDW comics, Which I'm not a big fan of.

I still get some enjoyment out of the show, don't get me wrong. I thought Amending Fences was pretty good as well. But so far, I haven't spent time looking up fan ficition or fan-art like I did during the first few seasons.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

New trailer out for the second half of Season 5:

Lots of speculation around the "Some things are destined to change forever" bit showing the CMC.
Edited by Kevin

At this point, I'd be really surprised if the CMC don't get their cutie marks.