Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

bf3.png

I think this is the best representation of Rainbow Power.

I do have a question. Is it supposed to be a toyline or some shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still not sold on the Rainbow Power designs and they still look like a gaudy colored mess with or without the ridiculous huge manes. I'm hoping its not permanent and that this power does more than just call upon Deux Ex Machina beam like with the accessories if it appears in the show (which seems inevitable by this point given the hints in the recent episode).

Season 4 Episode 14 - Filli Vanilli
Air Date: February 15th

Season 4 Episode 15 - Twilight Time
Air Date: February 22nd

Season 4 Episode 16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
Air Date: March 1st

Ah, Breezies! I recall them from earlier MLP series! It'll be fun to see how they get along in the new genera--DID THEY JUST DO A FUCKING MILLI VANILLI PUN.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, for some strange reason that even I don't know, I've been reading through the original MLP thread... from the beginning (I'm currently reading at the point where The Last Roundup just aired). I have to say, it's very interesting, yet very weird at the same time. I mean, it's interesting to read everyone's thoughts, predictions and posts, as well as see when a few of the current posters became bronies. It's weird because... well, it's weird for a lot of reasons.

Something strange that I've noticed (besides the fact that a few people who posted back then don't post here anymore) is that everyone seemed more happy, more excited back then compared to how everyone is now. I mean, the contrast is striking. Seriously, it seemed like everyone loved almost every episode, compared to now where everyone seems to think every episode is meh or average (granted, there are definitely exceptions). Of course, that may be because most of you guys seem to think that the older episodes are just plain better, but still. There is a noticable difference.

Now, I'm not trying to tell everybody to stop being so seemingly negative (or anything like that at all, so please don't take this the wrong way), I'm just pointing out stuff I've noticed. If you don't believe me, go back and read it. I'm sure you'll immediately see a difference. At the same time, I say go back and read it even if you believe me. It's actually pretty amusing to read through.

Also, I noticed something else. There were a ton (and I mean a ton!) of posts about fanfictions back then. Is there a reason why that doesn't happen anymore? I'm honestly curious. Did you guys lose interest? Did you run out of fanfictions to read? Or was it something else entirely?

----------

On a different not, I really liked the new episode. It was funny, the song was alright, and the song reprise was great! I'm very interested in how they pull off the Rainbow Power stuff in the show (though I'd honestly just prefer having the Elements of Harmony back TBH). This episode also continues this seaons streak of not having a dud episode. Keep it up Season 4!

>filly vanilli

f4lcZGL.jpg

I'm okay with the other titles, especially Simpler Life (if what I think the episode is about turns out to be true).

Also, I noticed something else. There were a ton (and I mean a ton!) of posts about fanfictions back then. Is there a reason why that doesn't happen anymore? I'm honestly curious. Did you guys lose interest? Did you run out of fanfictions to read? Or was it something else entirely?

Not to toot my non existent horn, but I was the one doing weekly posts about fanfics. I no longer have the time to do them tho. :x

(I'm stuck reading one called The Sword Coast and haven't finished it yet despite not being that long).

I've also been out of time to post an episode review, which sucks because Rarity Takes Manehattan is tied with Castle Mane-Ia for my favorite episode of the season. (I'll probably do a very very late post once my life slows down a bit).

Well, I still read a bunch of fanfiction.  Some good, many bad (enjoyably so), but I don't think there's much worth discussing here.  It'll probably take another big one like Past Sins was to spark that interest again (which apparently went through another few rewrites/touch-ups since I last read it, and has a few sequels to boot, but whatever), but as of now there has been no such luck.

On that note though, Conner Cogwork started writing again after a year-long writer's block, which gives me hope that On a Whisper of Wind will actually be updated within the next two years.

Preview for Pinkie Apple Pie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep468OkMCuw

Say what you will about pandering, but hearing the whole "X-licious" coming out of Applebloom's mouth was hilarious.

Preview for Pinkie Apple Pie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep468OkMCuw

Wow... I'm not gonna lie, that "-Licious" reference really made me cringe. >_<

I never cared for that meme. Hearing my sisters and mom constantly listen to Fergie 24/7 gave me a real distaste for it.

So ummm yea... Season 5 is confirmed

The obligotory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE

tumblr_m6f5sx4F101r3369k.jpg

Welp, I was honestly expecting the show to end at Season 4. But since FiM is Hasbro's biggest cash cow right now, I shouldn't be surprised.

Welcome to SpongeBob Mk2.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ifor one, am just pleased as punch to hear season five confirmed. Season four is currently my favorite of the entire show, and in my opinion the show quality has gone up, not down. To me, 26 more episodes of my favorite characters is absolutely a good thing, and I'm thrilled for it.

• Thumbs Up 9

Quite indifferent I have neutral feelings about the S5 announcement, but these synopsis...

>Rainbow Falls not only has Wonderbolts representation but also part of that weird band of Ponyville Pegasus will be making an appearance, those being Blossomforth, Thunderlane and Snowflake (or Bulk Biceps as of now I guess).

>Three's a Crowd has Discord in it, and a song.

This day keeps getting better and better huh? biggrin.png

Welp, I was honestly expecting the show to end at Season 4. But since FiM is Hasbro's biggest cash cow right now, I shouldn't be surprised.

Welcome to SpongeBob Mk2.

There's a difference between a show that's been running for 10+ years that's been on a steady decline after the first few and one that's been around for a little over 3 that has stayed moderately good throughout. As bad as Spongebob is now and as much as I want to see it end, why would they end it? Kids still watch it and it's still raking in the cash for Nick, so it wouldn't be very smart from a financial standpoint to end the show and cut off all that cash flow. Same with FiM, especially because it's still considered pretty good by most.

And honestly, if FiM did end after this season, they'd reboot it and have a new MLP cartoon out within 3 years time. So why go through all the work to reboot a franchise which is still hot, and most likely lose a decent portion of your audience in the process? If the show stays consistently good, I honestly couldn't care less how long it runs, although I can't see it lasting more than 7 seasons and even that may be pushing it.

• Thumbs Up 7

I could see it going towards 6 seasons and I would be fine with that. 

Going to 7 or 8, it'll probably succumb to Seasonal Rot easily with questionable/downslope quality (as if S3 and EG weren't warning signs of that already by dividing much of the fanbase within a years worth and with S4 can still have quality go down the drain as well) and unnecessary/unwanted (Toy) Executive Meddling that can be a put off with bronies a plenty like Twilicorn of course, and the possible upcoming of Rainbow Power with its gaudy colors and weird huge manes.

Season 5 is confirmed...lemme take a moment

336x199px-LL-a2f85292_wrestler_excited_g

My body is not ready for this. THIS NEW SEASON. THIS BRAND NEW VENTURE. 

I hope Season 5 will be exciting as how Season 4 is so far, by the time it comes out I'll be a senior. I-I feel the frienship already, also what's with Rainbow Power, it's scaring me

A couple things...

• About season 5: Sweet! I'm all for more pony, and this promises just that. With they way the show has steadily improved since season 2 (season 1, so far, is still best), I'm sure season 5 will be great!
  • About tomorrow's episode: this is probably the most hyped I've been for an episode this season since the premiere. Why? Because Pinkie Pie might be related to Applejack! That would be so awesome! Why would it be awesome? I... I'm not completely sure. Maybe it's just the idea that some of the Mane 6 are related in some way. But I swear, I will be really really really really really really really really really disappointed if it turns out they aren't related. Seriously. Of course, since I said that, that's what'll happen now. Damn it.

It's time for...

507302__safe_rarity_sweetie+belle_night_

Apple Pie!

We are getting our (technically) first Pinkie episode this season! And it's about a premise that kinda comes out of nowhere, are Pinkie and AJ related? Well considering how big the Apple family is and how deep the tree is shown to go in this episode I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Celestia is an Apple too! :V

It's kinda weird to deal with this sort of topic at this point on the show because the mane 6 are already considered family for AJ so there is something on the back on my head telling me this episode is a bit redundant. Having said that, it doesn't seems like the episode will turn around that since there is a big travel involved for our mane earth ponies to find how deep their blood relationship goes (if at all)... Makes me wonder why the rest of the family is going to, but I have a feeling that's going to be answered in this episode.

We also get what's probably one of the most expected songs on the season, we've already hear it so it's not like we are going to be surprised nor blown away but looking at the finished product will be nice.

I'd also like to see Pinkie's family but that sounds like a bit of an unrealistic expectation. :x

(I haven't reviewed the last episode so I don't have much else to say... Also, I'll probably post about today's episode before the Rarara one)

Best song of the season. That's going to be in my head all day now. 

And about them not knowing if Pinkie and AJ are related, take a closer look at the elderly pony they meet.

She has the same fur colour as AJ, and a similar styled mane to Pinkie's.

• Thumbs Up 1

I been waiting all summer for this episode and this is one of the best Apple center episodes.

Anyway Hearts Strong as Horses still ranks as my favorite FiM song with Generousity.

I had the biggest grin on my face while watching that episode.

Kind of disappointing that we didn't get a clear answer on whether or not Pinkie and Applejack really are related (then again, they only checked the Apple family tree so there's a chance they might learn something from Pinkie's side).  But the episode was fun, very fun and has a family morale that really struck home with me.  Also, it has the best song of the season; that shit is catchy as hell (though, its reprise wasn't quite as good as others; it's really hard to top the Hearts as Strong as Horses reprise)

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a pretty fun and neat slice of life episode and enjoyed it more than last week's. 

Great song (best of this season so far), Pinkie snapshots, Apple family bickering, nice interaction between characters, animal scenes, the river cave and log ride/waterfall, and the crazy cat pony and of course, more Big Mac (though I would like to address something. 

Though I wasn't feeling this episode early on with Pinkie came off a bit annoying at points and the humor being less hit and more miss (also, I miss the part before the theme which I assumed had the scene with Twilight) early on, but it wasn't until the song kicked in that I starting to get a feel of it. 

The '-licious' scene still felt like a stupid and forced shoutout. The ending felt kinda predictable with the 'Family as Metaphor' for people coming close together in friendship/love than physical blood relatives. Also, smudge cop out so that we don't know, but it does seem to be like a subplot that can continue as in Pinkie and the Apple Family could have another trip to see if they can get answers from Pinkie's side of the family to find answers to validate the family tree. I think it'll be interesing to see that happening. 

As for Big Mac and as much as I liked him here, am I the only one getting tired of the 'Eeyup/Nope' gimmick? Even though he did a bit more in the song and near the end, it was getting annoying at times and hate that they stretched the gimmick throughout. This just makes me anxious for Big Mac episode even more so and holding out that the episode "Simple Life" is his episode and that he actually breaks out from the gimmick and speak more lines so we get to know him more and see more development. I wouldn't mind if it was like in the comics where he internal monologues or that we get to his thoughts. Heck, I would like to see an episode about the big brothers, Shining Armor and Big Mac (and maybe Spike), just having a Boys' Night Out. 

Also, missed opportunity with the cave tunnel scene as it could have made for a great Willy Wonka reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro

But other than that I would like to see more episodes like this (or with similar quality) throughout this season.