Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

So I've watched it back a couple of times through blind reactions, and there's this one awkward vibe that it gives me;

I swear half the dialogue was just exposition on what was going on or had just happened. The worst offenders being Silver Spoon's scene and the speech near the end.

No wonder this episode felt so uneventful until the end.

BTW this isn't Amy's last episode, that one goes to "The Mane Event" which is the episode right before the season finale and is the one I'm looking forward the most out of the ones we have left.

Because of dat beautiful song...

(also, note how the crusaders are there and how the singer's cutie mark shines like DT's did this episode)

But I'm getting a tad ahead of myself, I mentioned before that this episode gave me some serious late season 3 vibes and after many rewatches I can confirm why. This episode is pretty much Magical Mystery Cure but better in every single way. (no, it didn't actually take me many rewatches to reach to that conclusion, I'm not that dumb :u)

* The songs were better. (except the chase sequence, that was awkward)
* The background music was better (well, I don’t know if better since I can’t remember MMC, but it was great on this episode)
* The build up was miles better.
* The pay off was better.
* It dealt with an arc of multiple characters instead of centering itself around just one.
* It was unexpected! (I can tell you it wouldn't had the same impact if this episode was sold like the Hub publicized MMC, and no, I'm not trying to praise Discovery's handling of the show for this, I'm just saying it worked in favor of the episode in the end)

Her talent is being a spoiled brat:

Something this season has done very right is make you look at previous episodes and see them on a different light, like episode 1 and how affected Moondancer was for something that at the time it looked like nothing more than a fun background event about how antisocial Twi was, or Gilda's jump from RD's best pal to general bully, or like how far Luna's self torture could go, it's a lot more evident between season 5 episodes like that little comment I did about Big Mac's dream on the previous episode or the pain Troubleshoes had to go through because of his inability to interpret his cutie mark right (I still hate that episode tho) or Apple Bloom's nightmares about what getting her cutie mark could cause.

I've been always someone who kinda pointed both the positives and the negatives on Diamond Tiara's actions since Ponyville Confidential way back on season 2 (I believe the only episode where I found her intolerable was when she started to mock Scootaloo's inability to fly) so this episode makes me look back at all her other appearances and how she always aimed at :

1) be at the top

or

2) mock everyone else who is bellow.

Even her disdain for Blank Flanks can be chalked up to her upbringing which is... kinda silly, I really don't understand how an adult could hate blank flanks so much except for maybe a general dislike of children... ugh just thinking about it makes me dislike Spoiled Rich even more but really, they went a tad overboard with her. Still, the rest was quite more believable and explains a lot of bits of the pink filly, like how much she adores her father and craves for his attention or how afraid she got when Babs threatened her to tell her mother about her misbehavior back on S3, and before you ask how Filthy Rich can't see what's going on in the house... Oh boy that kind of things happen... Way too much... But yeah, I consider even Tiara's side of this episode had a nice build up instead of something that was brought up on a single episode, but maybe throws a little too much of the fault on the mother.

Her 180 on the third part of the episode was rushed as hell tho and is probably my least favorite part of this episode, the way it was delivered makes it feel so sudden and it's not because of the pacing nor the 22 minutes limit, I think it could have worked if one of these 2 things happened.

1) Spent more time on the clubhouse finding out what the crusaders do and warming up to them, the third part of this episode kinda makes it feel like this happened, but it was compressed due time constraints.

2) The other one that would have worked fine and wouldn't have taken a single more minute to do was just delete this line of dialogue.

Just change this line a little and make Tiara stand up for the crusaders and their cause without making them go BFF after 2 minutes of time together and we've been golden, this line alone gives the sensation of abruptness, even the CMC were pretty astounded by it.

But besides that I really loved her side of the episode, besides, dat sweet sweet validation of the headcanon that her special talent was leadership.

The destination of the journey is the journey?

Truth to be told I enjoyed this one a lot more as a Tiara episode than a CMC one, but I'd be lying if I said they don't deserve a mention because holy mother of all bombs! After 5 years worth of comically missed points, teases, failures but beyond all of that, crusading, those 3 fillies I grew attached with finally got their cutie marks... In... More crusading?...

I'm not gonna lie, I see what they were coming from with this but it feels a bit of a cop out, closing the CMC was never a possibility in my head and I've been assuming for a while that AB's talent would be something akin to this buuuuuut... Yeah... it kinda feels like this is a change to the status quo that was made in a way so the status quo doesn't change at all if you catch my drift, they are still going to be crusading, just that this time it will be with somepony else.

Oh the chances are still there, the possibilities of they taking a new direction and maybe going on "map quests" to help other fillies are still there and the fact they still have a semblance of individuality between them gives them the chance of exploring those places we always wished they'd go to (like Sweetie singing or Scoots speedrunning or Apple Bloom apples apples appuls), and there is still the fact that this episode has put another layer to cutie marks that you can still explore even after getting them (like Troubleshoes or Diamond Tiara). It's just that for the moment I'm feeling rather cautious about it for some reason I can't fully explain. I guess we'll have to wait and see. (that thing I posted between spoilers would be a good start).

Having said that, I think a lot of the impact on this episode depends on how much you grew to care about the Crusaders across the seasons, most of the people I've seen are cheering for them, congratulating them, feeling for them... Disregard the fact that we are talking about cartoon horses who can't really respond to us, the audience who loved this episode really felt good when this event happened (abrupt as it was since until that moment it felt like the episode actually was about Diamond Tiara and hers alone) hence the episode feels good for them... or well... us... since I include myself on that group, otherwise you'll probably feel like what I said on my first paragraph of this section.

But yeah, this was an episode that happened, were happenings happened, and stuff like that... I really enjoyed it and as I mentioned before I feel like this is a better Magical Mistery Cure, still with faults, but way better than that other world shattering musical episode and hence way more enjoyable to watch, and rewatch, and listen to (really, i loved the background music on this one, no offense to William Anderson but Ingram really brought the songs and the backtrack together and it felt so nice because of it).

ps: Can I also mention how much I loved the way Silver Spoon ditched Tiara? it wasn't a "poor Silver Spoon was always a nice filly who only followed DT because---" , it was more like "I'm freaking tired of this *redacted*'s bull*redacted*, I'm out of here!". She kept her edge and even managed to remain in the redeemed side despite of it, I can only hope Tiara also keeps that edge about her in the following chapters of this show.

EDIT: forgot to mention something else... Maybe THE most important thing about this episode.

a_letter_by_underpable-d9cn3ad.png

THEY GOT A FREAKING LETTER! OMG!

Edited by Velvet Reindeer
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just love how the episode concludes by reenacting the ending bit of the show's opening sequence with Spike sending off the letter to Celestia (and Luna).  They planned for this particular episode to air on the show's anniversary, there's no way they didn't.

On a side note though:

Capture.PNG

These things are apparently new mini Equestria Girls toys that we're getting.  I thought I'd point these out since they don't look like eldritch abominations from the depths of hell for once.

And notice how they totally gypped Sunset, but that's ok since these things actually look kind of good.

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not a bad episode. My one complaint is that they spoiled the surprise right at the beginning and I really wish they had waited right until the end to reveal it. Granted, the writers were dropping hints here and there, but still it'd be nice for anyone who didn't want to be spoiled so quickly.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is the only episode where we weren't presented any moral at all (not count Applejack's "letter" in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000).

They sure keep turning the facial expressions up to 11 and Pinkie really let it all out this time which got some laughs out of me!

It wouldn't surprise me by the way, if the foal was named Princess Skyla.

Eh, have to say this was a rather predicable episode for me. I mean, it kind of blew all the suspense it could have had in the first minute. Even then, long time viewers of the show probably saw this coming from a mile away. Skyla has been teased for like 2 years now. The only way this episode was going to surprise me was if Shinning and Cadence actually had her and then told the mane six here. But hey, that will probably be somewhere in season 6 I guess... probably the opener.

So how was the overall episode? Well... I can't really say it was that interesting to me. I guess this is what I get for reading the episode description ahead of time but the episode really tried to build up the reactions of the rest of the characters. This was honestly a bad move because anyone who's watched the show for a bit could probably have predicted how each character would respond to the news. It sort of had me sitting there half-way through wondering when they were just going to get to it.

I wouldn't say the episode didn't have it's moments though. Seeing everyone unknowingly dance around the secret to the point where I swear they were just trolling Pinkie was hilarious. One could sort of call it payback for all the times Pinkie has done it throughout the show. Also, this episode had some really fast paced scene transitions. It may have honestly broke the record for just how many places the characters visited in one episode. Add in DHX just somehow managing to outdo their facial expression game again and I can safely say I was never actually bored while watching this one.

I guess for me the episode really shot itself in the foot by just giving out the secret so early. I get where the writers were probably coming from in that most of the audience already knew Shinning and Cadence were going to have a baby at some point in the near future but I think it would have been in the episodes benefit to hold it off till the end. I don't know about you guys, but I find receiving a nice surprise is often better than holding one in and seeing other people react to it. Overall, I wouldn't call this one a bad episode. It certainly had enough moments to laugh at. I guess just a really predictable one. Which isn't the best thing when the entire plot revolves around a secret. Here's hoping the actual reveal of Skyla will be better constructed.

Though I swear to god if she's another alicorn...I'm sorry, but with every alicorn they introduce Luna and Celestia's relevance just gets that much smaller. I realize this is probably something only I care about and we're going to have 5 alicorns by mid-season 6 no matter what but they seriously need to explain just what the hell makes alicorns more special than just being a unicorn with wings. Honestly, the bat ponies are a rarer species at this point.

I thought the episode was rather enjoyable considering it's filled almost entirely with Pinkie's shenanigans and nothing else.  It could've been a lot worse, but I'm pretty satisfied with how they handled it.  Not Pinkie's best by any means, but it's nowhere near her worst either.  It was super adorable watching the Cake Twins play around again in the beginning of the episode.  I loved how Pumpkin was mimicking her mom when she was telling Pinkie to be quiet about the royal foal.

The best part was easily Twilight's reaction to the news though.  The part where she comes to terms with the fact that she was going to be an aunt was a really powerful moment.

Also best princess strikes again.

After last week’s major event, we get something a bit more lighthearted and comedic focused with The One Only Pinkie Knows and G.M. Berrow’s first episode.

So how does it fare out?

Eh, it was pretty okay.

Things I like were some of the facial expressions, balloon animal scene, wacky inflatable tube Pinkie, Featherweight, and Shining’s reaction to his room.

It would have been better if they didn’t reveal the secret within the first minute of the episode (even though Hasbro kinda spoiled it long ago during S2’s end with the whole Princess Skyla thing). Also, predictable plot is predictable and it felt like the episode didn’t accomplish much or gave much of a conflict.

The humor was mainly hit-and-miss, working well in some areas than others where they felt somewhat over the top/forced and kinda flat. I actually prefer Party of One and Pinkie Apple Pie over this one in terms of humor. Also, you think Pinkie would have a better grasp on keeping secrets like emphasis in Green Isn’t Your Color.  

Shining and Cadence sadly get stuck in plot device/exposition positions and don’t get much in development other than Shining geeking out and the face they’re having a baby. Speaking of baby, I hope it isn’t another alicorn, but it probably might be if Skyla is still relevant after all these years. With alicorns being too commonplace, it just loses some of the mystery and mysticism of it all and makes Celestia and Luna less unique/special and relevant. I agree that there really needs to be an explanation about what makes alicorn more special than unicorn with wings slapped on.

So overall this was an okay episode filled Pinkie shenanigans and baby stuff.

Hm, this thread title confused me lol

But yeah, I like the show.

I think it's well animated and has good characters... thoroughly a quality programme :D

I am not a brony (I haven't watched many episodes and I don't really get involved with it too much) but I... appreciate the show :)

That was a fun little episode. It certainly won't be long until we getting MarbleMac shipping material.

I will say Pinkie's family sure is odd. It is nice to see more character development involving them I want to say that I absolutely love the portrayal of their individual personalities.. Maud being her stoic self still makes for some good laughs. And Marble sure gives Fluttershy some competition in the whole shy/quiet department. On another note, it's good to see some more chemistry between the Apples and Pinkie and I like the callbacks to Pinkie Apple Pie.

Personally, I'm surprised they aired a Christmas-themed episode so early when it's not even Halloween yet, but then again, considering Christmas seems to come earlier and earlier.....

Well that was a really nice episode though I gotta say... very oddly timed. Halloween is next week right? I would say that someone probably messed up in the scheduling department but looking ahead at the rest of the air schedule, this season isn't actually going to stretch into the holidays. Last episode is suppose to air before December I think so I guess it was an air now or never situation.

That being said, have to say I greatly enjoyed this one. It's extremely satisfying to finally see Pinkie's full family again after that brief flashback in season 1. I loved how each one of Pinkie's sisters had a defined personality and especially loved how Pinkie interacted with them. I actually wouldn't mind an episode focusing purely on them and Pinkie hanging out (in fact... I kind of want it to happen).

Also, something about this episode was just visually pleasing to the eye. Something about the color scheme just makes it stand out for me. I guess it must of been all the holiday lights and snow. Actually, the overall episode was really pleasing to watch unfold. I may be a sucker for holiday themed episodes, but this one perfectly captures what it's like spending a holiday with friends and others who don't have the same traditions as you. You just end up feeling out of place and sad before you remember what the true meaning of the holiday is about. This was a perfectly displayed lesson here.

Though, with all that being said, I just couldn't get behind Pinkie and AJ's interactions during the first part of the episode. I mean, to just automatically expect their two families to be the same and mix well together was just asking for a disaster. I mean, it sort of makes since from Pinkie's point of view (because she just likes everyone) but AJ should have known better. Especially purely based off of how different she herself is from Pinkie. I don't know, it just seemed like AJ was sort of off this episode (especially with her actions towards the end). Though, I was never really an AJ fan so I might just be missing something here.

So yeah, overall I have to say I greatly enjoyed this one. Kind of put me into the holiday mood for a bit there until I walked outside to be greeted by brown leaves falling from trees, pumpkins, and college kids running around in slightly suggestive costumes. Definitely going to have to give this one a re-watch when the holidays actually roll around this year. Anyways, onto next week's episode which is actually being aired in the right season (the right date even)!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hearthbreakers awkwardly gives us a Hearth Warming Day episode just before Halloween at this time, giving us more insight on the holiday and Pinkie Pie’s family.

I find this episode some steps up from the last one.

The things I like were the Pie family esp. Maud, Marble and of course Pinkie, Big Mac, and the lesson/moral.

The humor/writing was a bit hit-and-miss and cringeworthily at times along with some cases of Pinkie Randumb. Also, there were times that were overdramatic for the sake of drama esp. the scenes near the end with the constant crying which felt really unnecessary as if making mountains out of molehills, not to mentioned felt forced. Limetsone felt a bit too antagonistic for the plot.

The thing I was pretty disappointed is Big Mac regressing into a (Eeyup/Nope) gag character esp. after the events of Brotherhood Social. I get it that they did it for relating him to Marble but still would have liked more lines out of him. Also, this episode would have been better placed sometime in November as it nears the Christmas season.

So an alright episode overall that is better than last week’s.

Though, with all that being said, I just couldn't get behind Pinkie and AJ's interactions during the first part of the episode. I mean, to just automatically expect their two families to be the same and mix well together was just asking for a disaster. I mean, it sort of makes since from Pinkie's point of view (because she just likes everyone) but AJ should have known better. Especially purely based off of how different she herself is from Pinkie. I don't know, it just seemed like AJ was sort of off this episode (especially with her actions towards the end). Though, I was never really an AJ fan so I might just be missing something here.

Actually AJ had some reservations beforehand but Pinkie reassured her everything was going to be okay, it certainly didn't help that the pink one made the same mistake she did back in season 4 and hyped all the things their families had in common while forgetting about the... Not so little details.

I do agree that there is something that felt off here and that's the way AJ acted on the middle, those moments felt like if she were saying "Oh I respect your costumes, but I think mine are better" which felt so freaking condescending, easily the worse I remember Apple Pone act, tho it'd probably feel off no matter which character thought like that, it reminded me of the last season when Rara "tried to be country".

Besides that, I don't really have much to talk about this one (I actually liked the previous episode more but that might be just me finding the Universe constantly messing with Pinkie for once to be hilarious) besides some things you guys might have already found out but I feel like pointing anyway.

1) Just after 3 seasons of thinking Pinkie Pie was the weird one of the family we meet Maud, and a season later we meet the other 2 sisters! And as it turns out all 4 seem to be based in what's usually known as the four Humors (or temperaments):

1009192__safe_pinkie+pie_meme_screencap_

I won't pretend to know how Iggy and Rose Cloudy Quartz managed to give birth to such an unusual pair but it's nice to see there is some kind... Some very weird and crazy kind of connection between each of their daughters.

Alternatively...

2) There are few things that people feel are constants in the show, one of them being that Pinkie is a bubbly living containment of smiles and laughter... Sometimes even an irritable one (as I mentioned before Season 5, Pinkie was the only pony who could get on Fluttershy's nerves) but it's very rare (I can think of a case on Season 1) to see the pink one feeling irritated towards someone...

1010070__safe_pinkie+pie_screencap_limes

Yet Limestone seems to be that rare pony able to pull it off in nearly every interaction they share, I don't doubt they love each other but they also seem to be at each other throats as every good sisters I've known of.

3) 

1008789__safe_pinkie+pie_blushing_animat

* Reminder that Pinkie possesses a large file in Sugarcube Corner with info about every pony she meets, including likes and dislikes.

* She put these two together every single chance she had.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I can totally see Ponka doing a Gendo Ikari pose while scheming "I'm going to be related to Applejack, one way or the other

... Or she just want them to be happy, both works for me.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of this Fluttershy clone, by far the most blatant of all the other characters who got labeled like that by the fandom, but considering the jumps YellowQuiet went through across the seasons (and the results that are much more visible on this one) it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. If anything, it also remains to be seen how this would pan out (if ever) considering we have a setting where love spreading alicorns roam freely, kids can make hormonal stimulants and a teacher very aware of her age might soon see her good old BEST friend going out with another mare. So time will tell.

The best part about this episode was seeing Pinkie's entire family.  They're all wonderful, really.  We probably didn't need another Fluttershy character, but whatever; Marble's adorable.  I find it interesting how Limestone is the one who keeps the farm up and running though.  I loved how Limestone always yelled at Pinkie every time she hopped on top of Holder's Boulder.

Otherwise, the episode was kind of... ehhhhh?  Applejack in particular felt incredibly out of character; I don't think there was a single line or action of hers that didn't feel incredibly off.  It just baffles me how she could be so insensitive towards the Pie's traditions like that.  I also don't think we needed a recap of the Hearth's Warming story either.  And that last minute history lesson from Granny Smith on why the Pies hold such respect for Holder's Boulder is like... what?  Why couldn't the Pies tell us that at the farm?  It's like they forced the Apples onto the train for the sole purpose to make the joke about Pinkie being the only one who can hide presents on a moving train.

This episode was all sorts of awkward and all over the place.  I'm glad we got to see Pinkie's family (and they're all great), but man.

Next week's episode though:

The next episode is the Nightmare Night one that they moved up for Halloween right (and got leaked because iTunes and the like missed the memo that the airing order was changed or something)?  My will has remained strong and I have avoided watching the leaked episode and most of the spoilers like the fucking plague, so this should be interesting.

Edited by Nix

Speaking of Christmas, MLP is getting a Christmas album on November 6th, composed of both original and classic Christmas tunes performed by both the cast and the Phoenix Chamber Choir. Cover and track list below:

CSVJpyRUwAEtwb1.thumb.jpg.67c9b96c540095

“It’s a Pony Kind of Christmas” (Performed By: Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy & Phoenix Chamber Choir)

“Jingle Bells” (Performed By: Rainbow Dash)

“Deck the Halls” (Performed By: Rarity, Phoenix Chamber Choir)

“We Wish You a Merry Christmas” (Performed By: Twilight Sparkle & Phoenix Chamber Choir)

“Silent Night” (Performed By: Fluttershy & Phoenix Chamber Choir)

“Twelve Days of Christmas” (Performed By: Pinkie Pie)

“Last Year I Got Coal for Christmas” (Performed By: Pop Fly)

“Jolly ol’ St. Nick” (Performed By: Spike)

“Days Gone By - Auld Lang Syne” (Performed By: Applejack, Applebloom, Granny Smith)

“The Heart Carol” (Performed By: Phoenix Chamber Choir)

I can't help but be REALLLY excited for this. I love Christmas albums and the thought of an MLP one with the show's usual music quality makes me giddy as all heck. Figures Pinkie would get The Twelve Days of Christmas. XD

Just in time for Halloween we have Scare Master despite having a Christmas themed episode last week.

I thought this episode was just okay and doesn’t really top Lunar Eclipse for me.

Things to like were some of the costumes, the Apple family’s corn maze, Spike being useful, and the moral.

Fluttershy’s fearfulness seemed to be slightly over-the-top and kinda forced than usual, almost Scooby Doo levels of scared. Some of the jokes and writing worked in few instances. The whole haunted tea party scene felt cringe-inducing for the wrong reasons and embarrassing to watch overall.

It was just an alright episode with a weak beginning and cringe-inducing middle and a better 3rd act. Not too great, not too bad either.

Hey guys, did you want a massive show spoiler gotten from a book solicit? No? Oh well.

At some point, Starlight Glimmer was/becomes Twilight's pupil. We dunno if she was in the future before going into the past, or if she does so by the end, or whatevs. Also the book calls her one of Twilight's most notorious pupils, so don't think it guarantees goodness.

giphy.gif

WELL THEN! That was certainly a good episode! No really, it was actually pretty good! It had a lot of things going for it and delivered on ALMOST every one. I can't express how happy I am to see Fluttershy continue to more character development. She faces her crippling fear of Nightmare Night and even masters it to a point. I especially love how even when she masters the art of scarring others she stays true to her character and decides to abandon it all together on account to her not wanting to see her friends frightened like that again. It's an action that really reinforces the strong characters this show builds and made for an interesting dilemma to watch unfold.

With that, the episode definitely had more highlights than wrongs (even though it had one VERY big wrong). Loved the multiple references the animators were able to make with the costumes this time around and even found myself liking just about every (if not all) the gags here. Though, one of the minor issues I will point out here is Rainbow Dash. It seems that she reverted back to her season 1 self for a second as she just comes off as unneededly mean to Flutters again. I mean, I understand being somewhat annoyed at a certain point but she seemed against her right out of the gate this time. You'd think for someone who's known her the longest she'd be a bit more understand.

Though, that problem is nothing compared to the BIGGEST sin this episode committed. This might possibly be the biggest problem I've encountered with the season thus far. This episode is CENTERED around Nightmare Night. Nightmare Night is centered around ONE specific best pony. Anyone who's been around me for 2 seconds will realize where I'm going with this. WHERE ON EARTH WAS LUNA!?!?! I understand this episode didn't require her to be apart of the plot but come on now! Through me a bone here! Nightmare Night is a Luna thing. It has been a Luna thing since season 2. You could have at least given a quick shot of her or something. Leaving her out like this... it's cruel to say the very least. Nightmare Night should guarantee Luna. Nightmare Night equals Luna. NIGHTMARE NIGHT= LUNA! NIGHTMARE NIGHT= LUNA! NIGHTMARE NI*BZZZZZZZZzzt*

*rebooting*

*sigh* I'm sorry, I know this episode didn't nee... I know this episode didn't need Lu---Celestia... *sigh* I know Luna didn't have to be apart of the plot this time around but it would have been nice to see her again on the holiday that was technically made because of her. I know I'm the only one here that cares but it's like celebrating Christmas without Santa even being mentioned in some way. It's just off putting and leaves a sad feeling behind.

Anyways, overall this episode was still a good one for me. Seeing Fluttershy get some more character development is always fun to see and the episode was well balanced on top of that. If Luna was involved in some way this could have rivaled Luna Eclipsed for me but hey, it was a good episode none the less.

Yes, let Luna in on the festival that celebrates the event that she recently nearly destroyed Equestria over trying to atone for

Yes, let Luna in on the festival that celebrates the event that she recently nearly destroyed Equestria over trying to atone for

On a similar note, I sometimes wonder why Celestia let the holiday go on for as long as it did.  I don't think she'd be a fan of her little ponies making a holiday dedicated to making a mockery of her sister.

Celestia had it really rough honestly.  She not only had to celebrate the day she banished her sister to the moon for 1000 years, she also had to celebrate her sister turning insane too.  I think it's about time we get an episode dedicated to Celestia; considering the shit she's put up with, I think she deserves it.

The new episode was adorable though.  Good moral even though I'm growing tired of Fluttershy's "scared of every goddamn thing" shtick.

Edited by Nix

You know, I tried using that as a reason as to why she might have been absent and it still doesn't make sense. I mean, the whole moral of that episode was forgiving yourself. Her not being there for that reason completely messes over that. Besides, she has never shown resentment for the holiday over that reason (more along the lines of her almost not liking it at first because everyone was just scared of her, holiday or not). The only legitimate reason I can think of for her absence at this point is she was just celebrating it in Canterlot this year. This makes sense but still leaves me sad and disappointed. Even sort of makes me long for a Celestia and Luna only episode all the more too.

Also, I hardly think Nightmare Night was created to mock Luna. I like to go off of some fan theories where it was created by Celestia at first to honor her sister. Though, as time went on some ponies started to loose track of that and started to highlight it as a scare-fest more than anything. Which would lead us to what we have now. Also, even then Nightmare Moon has always been treated more like a separate entity than Luna herself. If any pony was mocking anything it'd be that entity. Again, Luna has never shown hatred of the holiday for being mocked (or even has been mocked for it actually) so her not being there due to that just doesn't add up

Now that was a great episode! Discord has definitely made some more progress in his reformation even if it meant manipulating Twilight into learning her lesson. The whole lesson really hit home for me too having been down the road of deliberately excluding myself from social events because of my introvertness.

By the way, I absolutely LOVED Spike's character in this episode! This is exactly how he should be, being Twilight's assistant and keeping her in check. I hope to see more this kind of thing. On another note, it's great to see obsessive Twilight make a return and Zecora making an appearance as well.