Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

Best song of the season. That's going to be in my head all day now. 

And about them not knowing if Pinkie and AJ are related, take a closer look at the elderly pony they meet.

She has the same fur colour as AJ, and a similar styled mane to Pinkie's.

You do have a point Cake.

So Granny Smith would be Pinkie's Great aunt in this case. I hope we get a clarification because I really do hope they're related

Also going on 

Weird Al Episode isn't Three's a Crowd, it's called Pinkie's Pride. It got mixed up, but Three's a Crowd is Discord's episode, DISCORD'S GONNA HAVE A SONG!

Edited by DGam'r

Besides Apples to the Core, if there's one thing I can't praise enough in Pinkie Apple Pie, it's the way Pinkie was characterized. She's crazy and zany, but some differences:

• Her humor and zaniness have a purpose. They're not random to fill in time.
  • Her zaniness actually keeps her more grounded into the story. Compared to many other episodes this season, she's more toned down.
  • There's genuine joy in her character.
  • She's not always being happy and wild. Pinkie's a very complex character with a wide range of emotions that makes her her. The fact she was also very disappointed and upset at the end is refreshing for her as of late.
  • She's treated as someone with intelligence! (FINALLY!) Pinkie's not stupid or random for no reason. She's both smart and competent, and PAP respects her!

Easily her best role since her human counterpart in Equestria Girls!

ETA: This episode is diagnosed with Twilicane Fever! XD

tall.png

Twililink.

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, these new writers have been doing a good job! I really liked this episode a lot!

If there's one thing I'm really liking in this season so far it's how the characters interact off one another, It's one thing when they got the the Mane 6 together, but I like how they've been focusing on a few characters. This makes for some good character development.

Furthermore, I love what they've done with the slapstick. Like in Castle-Mane-ia, it's really funny in this episode. Even though Big Mac "Eeyups" and "Nopes" can get annoying, I thought he was really funny, especially when he got angry. And I know people are going to complain about how Applebloom's "X-licious" bit was pandering and forced, but to me, it was both funny and adorable coming out of her. Add to the fact that the map was taken by a fish who was then taken by an eagle which made the whole scene even funnier.

Apples to the Core is my favorite song of the season so far. We heard it back in the Comic Con preview, but hearing it again, I liked it even more.

One thing I want to say about Pinkie is even though she can appear oblivious to things, if you look closely, she can be a really deep character given how she interacts with the Apple family and her understanding of it.

Finally, I want to say that even though I was disappointed they never truly resolved whether Pinkie was part of the Apple family or not, there were plenty of subtle hints that she is. You only have to see how similar  Goldie Delicious to Pinkie to see the hints.

All in all, this episode had a great writing, a good song, and a good resolution. I hope these new writers keep it up!
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good gravy, did I love this episode.  If there is one reason Applejack has been my favorite for as long as I can remember was because of her emphasis on family and sticking together as one through thick and thin.  And this episode is ALL about family.  The Apple Family's core (ha) members were beautifully done in this episode and the supposed newest member of the family was equally well handled.  I honestly think this is one of my favorite portrayals of Ms. Pie.  And don't get me started on the song.  I'll be humming that one for weeks.

This is easily my favorite episode of the season so far and just as easily one of top episodes of the entire series. (I know, shocker, seeing how it's a Applejack heavy episode)

Also, Applebloom... YOU. HAD. ONE. JOB. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 7

That episode was even better than I thought it'd be.

Best portrayal of Pinkie we've gotten lately, but that usually goes without saying regarding episodes where she plays a big role. The Apple family was pretty great too, I love the interaction all the characters have throughout the episode. Despite him not saying much as usual (after his first appearance, anyway), I actually found Big Mac pretty funny in this episode.

You know, it was surprising to see him and AJ, let alone the Apples in general, butt heads since they usually get along so well. It makes sense though, and it didn't feel out of nowhere or anything.

Also, did anyone catch that one photo at the end of the Scariest Cave in Equestria?

521225__safe_pinkie+pie_spoiler-colon-s0

what even are those things

• Thumbs Up 1

Very good episode, the apple family are always fun to see, and Pinkie was pretty well written in this episode, as well.

Still a little mixed on the revelation Pinkie being related to the apples being left ambiguous. On one hand, it's nice that it's been left open for the fans to decide, but on the other, I hate it when shows have to stick with the status quo, which is something this show tends to do. And again, the "Licious" joke made me cringe due  to my burning hatred towards anything Fergie related.

But those aside, I really enjoyed this episode and it's family road trip plot. 

I been waiting for this episode since summer, and it was worth it. Way back then thought that Pie family finally would be shown again. And it's so rare to see AJ and PP episodes. Pinkie Pie joins the Apple Family on a journey across Equestria. Here is many fan shoutouts. Notice the Apples dressed up as McDonald' mascots, Dusty Katt reference and on.The episode was just like Lampoon's Vacation with ponies. A more light slice of life episode like Rarity Takes Manehattan. Something for everypony with thrills, hearts and a Country song that might get a hit at this Summer's Cons.

Peter New needs to sing in his Big Mac voice more often. He has such a nice melody. Pinkie was also great in the song.

• Thumbs Up 3

thumb.gif

And yes, I just checked. He is indeed there.

http://youtu.be/h-UT6xlHN1Q

Around 17:00. It goes by fast, so just keep pausing the video.

Makes me wonder if there's other secrets that has yet to be discovered in previous episodes.

• Thumbs Up 3

thumb.gif

Makes me wonder if there's other secrets that has yet to be discovered in previous episodes.

I admit, I was skeptical at first, I thought it was a hoax like the Slenderman in Gravity Falls that was going around the net.

But... Slendermane's canon?! Holy ship, 2spooky4me D:

thumb.gif

Ponies better beware. I thought it would be Slenderpony though since they're in the Pony world

Between school and the technical theater fest I went to this weekend I just got around to watching the episode (so tired XD). To be honest, I don't have a lot to say about this one. I enjoyed it immensely (almost more than the episode last week) but beyond the comedy there wasn't much left to it. It was more sight gags than anything. Even the moral didn't phase me in anyway because the plot was so... out there. The idea of Pinkie possibly being a long lost relative of the Apples is such an odd idea that I'm surprised it warranted it's own episode.

I enjoyed seeing the Apples as a family again (since I honestly think it's where AJ isn't written as one note and ends up shinning for the most part) and Pinkie was a riot as always but the episode just seemed to get nothing done... but that's not really a bad thing. A lot of times the episodes that end up doing nothing in this series tend to be some of the more enjoyable ones and it certainly shows here. The only things I can truly fault this episode are the plot (which while makes for some great comedic moments still doesn't get a real resolution at the end or seem to make any sense), AJ not being honest about her family corals with Pinkie in the first place (though holding any character in this show by their element is just looking for problems at this point), and the animation. While the facial animations (which got quite a few chuckles out of me this time around) continued to impress I couldn't help but feel there were certain times the characters just felt out of place with the background. I mean just look at Pinkie while she's bouncing on the cart during the song in the video Sweecrue posted above (around 7:18). Though, Big Mac got so many great moments in this I could let that all slide in the end(he was even singing!...though how he got a song before Luna is beyond me...). Overall, this is definitely another great episode even with it lacking in the sense department.

• Thumbs Up 2

I watched the newest episode last night, not gonna say much about it since it may spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet, but it's probably the best of this season so far

G9TWN.png
Overanalyzing to the core!

Episode 74:
Pinky Apple Pie

The episode starts with Twilight Sparkle (

species: bookworm felinequus) in her natural habitat, the book mountains of Ponyville, this majestic specimen of the royal variety is roaming around the field, thriving, when suddenly she has an encounter with Pinkie Pie (species: Mimus Orges) who assaults the purple catlicorn.

Ahem! As it turns out Twilight is doing some random research about genealogy (it's a fun matter to dig into if you have the time) and since Pinkie doesn't has anything better to do right now she joins her, with pro-jenga skills (gee, that brings some odd memories...) she takes a parchment at the bottom of a pile and starts doing some research, apparently that scroll contained info about the Apple family (oh that Pinkie, always picking plot relevant documents...), Pinkie keeps going until she finds a very shocking revelation that sends her flying all over the place! She might be Applejack's cousin! She goes as fast as possible to deliver the awesome news to the farmer who takes it... As expected...

521393__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_animated_hu

It's PARTY time!

Actually, I'm lying. The first act shows that AJ did take the news rather well and she's pretty ecstatic about having Pinkie as a family member, actually, the whole family is! And they are more than willing to show the new addition how awesome being an Apple is!

Or so they thought, a little curiosity made AJ read the scroll Pinkie had and she can't find the information linking them, Pinkie points where the connection is but it seems like it was just an oversight since it says something but it's pretty smudged so it's not really clear. It seems like the farmer family got stuck but then granny Smith remembers that there is someone who'll probably know all the answers, no one else but her (IMO slightly unhinged) cousin Goldie Delicious! It's like this that the Apples (with their possible new member) embark in one of the hardest and most exhausting quests a family can ever get themselves into: FAMILY ROAD TRIPS! *cue dramatic thunder* ... Well, the Apples are actually quite happy about this but they'll see I'm right later. :x

By the next day they are good and ready to go, but before that AJ tries to talk to the rest of her family and convince them to truly show them how great this family is by being in their best behavior, all of them agree but it doesn't seems like things will work out so well considering Granny's stubbornness (family treat i see) and AJ's almost constant nagging about how crazy-pepared (yet at the same time careless) Big Mac is being about this trip... but regardless of that they pack things up and go, and just to drive the point of how awesome the Apples are they sing what so far is the best song of the season, catchy as hell and hopefully very remix friendly. <3

FJHXVdw.png
The lack of a pic about this on Derpibooru last night made me think not everyone caught this visual gag.

Sadly in the second act things start going downhill for the Apples, the song ended up in a not so nice note with the car breaking apart (as AJ thought it would) and they are pretty far in the road to consider going back now, so they have to find a way to keep going, Pinkie suggests going down the river but AJ points that they didn't bring anything for that job (and throws a little jab at Mac while doing so), once more being stuck the Apples fall back to the ever crazy wisdom of Tabitha Granny Smith who suggests improvising a raft with the wagon's leftovers and some Sap (please ignore the squirrel struggling to escape from it).

And off they go again! Things seems to be going calm enough to play an improvised chess game and have philosophical(?) conversations but then trouble arises when a fork appears on the road, just having a map handy would be enough to get this sorted out and Apple Bloom is the filly for the job1 She dives into the depths of the luggage, finds the map, does a little dance, accidentally lets the map fall into the river and... Oh... The map falls and a fish takes it out of the family's reach and just to drive the point that they are not getting it back home an eagle comes down and takes the fish way up to wherever his nest is. So once more, the Apples decide to fall back on Granny's wisdom, it worked before right? And she took this trip Celestia knows how many times! Or that's how she remembers it, the only thing she has to remember is to avoid the path that leads to the "scariest cave in Equestria ™" which is a place begging to have fanfiction written about.

But anyway, Granny's memory had a minor malfunction and by trying to avoid the cave she actually sent the entire party there...

521532__safe_pinkie+pie_applejack_animat

Wow! 4chan sure is an interesting site eh guys?... Guys?

After an event most Apples would rather forget about they keep going (since I don't think anyone would want to go back, or could for what matters), but this time Applejack decides to take the lead, but Granny doesn't want to concede that, they start arguing a little and then AJ passes the blame ball to Apple Bloom, who tosses it to Big Mac, and then the whole family starts arguing about who should take the lead on this trip which causes the mast to fly into the river where a duck grabs it, and just to send a metaphorical middle finger to the family the same eagle of a while ago comes flying and takes the duck (but don't worry, OP managed to escape later).

With not way to steer the raft the Apples have little choice but to let the current guide them, Pinkie points how much she's enjoying this trip and the fun time they are about to spend while falling down a waterfall,  likely to have sharp rocks at the bottom.

And then they died... THE END.

No, I don't get tired of this joke.

Okay, okay, I lied again, the third act begins with the Apples falling and Pinkie taking hilarious pictures of the event, they reach the bottom completely soaked but otherwise unharmed and the ship seems to still be in one piece, until Pinkie lands on it wrecking everything with her sugar filled being. 

The Apples are pretty battered for the trip but they finally arrive to Goldie Deliciousususususes house! Sadly, it seems like the elder mare has gone to do some errands but Pinkie doesn't mind since this gives her a chance to go look for more paper for her scrapbook, once the party pony leaves the rest of the family has a little moment of realization about how awful this whole trip was and how they ended up showing their worst faces to the possible new member, they feel so disappointed about themselves that they start to wonder if Pinkie will reject being an Apple even if she turns out to be one... But that couldn't be further from the truth! Pinkie comes back and tells them about how much fun she had on the trip, and that she understands that no family is perfect (she should understand that) and she still loves how they are still together and supporting each other even if things got pretty rough a few show-minutes ago, and so she rushes to give Applejack a big, loving huOLY SHIT! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? O___O

I guess we know who the pony of shadows is then? Or maybe it escaped from the cave?

Anyway, as this... Happened Goldie Delicious came back from doing the errands, the Apples asks her about Pinkie and she feels like they did well to ask her, because she knows every pony in the Apple family! It takes some time to search between the total mess of a shack the elder mare lives in but with some jenga skills (which... Brings me some odd memories) she finally finds a book that keeps record of every Apple family member. She searches and searches, and searches some more just to be sure but apparently the same part that links Apple and Pie together is also smudged on this record, so the result is... Inconclusive (if this were any other show, I'd think somepony has been actively trying to erase certain ponies from their family history >_>).

Pinkie is feeling a bit down about this but after all they've gone through, Applejack is pretty sure Pinkie is an Apple and even if they don't find any conclusive evidence about it, it's the bond that they share that makes them a family.

The Apples get a little wagon from Goldie and they leave her with all the trash they were carrying in its place, and so, they go home singing a pretty short reprise of Apples to the Core... And then they start arguing again, but what family doesn't? XD

FGChi.png

Twilight is best cat...

No, nevermind, Octavia is best cat (feeling tempted to change avatar)

Pinkie was one of the main stars of this chapter, yet despite of how much praises I'm going to sing about this episode most of the things that rubbed me the wrong way this week comes from her.

For starters, I understand how awesome is being an Apple but this episode made me wonder if she thinks anything about her family (not even going to ask them about their possible connection with he Apples), back in Magic Duel she was pretty defensive when Trixie spoke bad about her roots and there is a book about this somewhere that I haven't read yet (not to mention I'm pretty sure one of her family members is going to show up at some point), makes me wish she at least made a mention about them (other than being happy of being a Pie), as another personal note I also wish she expressed anything about her relationship with the cakes (who are pretty much her family nowadays).

The other thing I didn't like is her running gag about "best X ever" (it kinda losses impact and it becomes a little annoying when said more than 2 times in an episode), it's probably the only bits of humors this episode had that I didn't like. It almost felt like her dialogue was as limited as Mac's one at times...

Actually, that makes some sense considering the setting...

Oh well, as another side note, many people pointed the similarities between Pinkie and Goldie (besides the name) before and TBH I'm a little unnerved at the possibility of Pinkie turning like the elder mare as the years go by (it would also be funny, because she thought Rarity would be the crazy cat lady). Goldie also seems to live in her own so maybe a little company (which is something Pinkie always seeks) might be the key difference here... Or not... Since she's already collecting pictures of the family in a scrapbook and possess knowledge about everypony in her town. It's something worth thinking about for a while.

Anyway, having said that I loved the rest of her scenes in the episode, the way she was so eager and enjoying every moment of the trip (offering a nice contrast to the Apples) was awesome and all the little faces she made as she was watching how the farmers interacted was pretty cool too, also, like others pointed before me her humor wasn't used as a gag thrown at random that is not related to what was going on but it actually moved with and worked well with the story which is something I appreciate. And of course, the fact she showed other emotions (and thoughts) other than "sugar high" reminds us that Pinkie is more than a bouncing mass of pink fur that only repeats "FUN!" over and over again.

Applejack was the other main cast member on the episode and this is probably me being a little lacking in the cultural area but I can't avoid but seeing the way she acted in this episode in a similar way as to how Homer Simpson did it way way back at the beginning of his series... With a little attitude, a tiny air of "I know better than you" and the idea that she has to give a very good impression about her perfectly normal and functional family. Apple Bloom's little licious chant also made me think of Bart in that episode where he worked on a Burlesque House. 

Well... Since we are already here I feel like I should mention the rest of the family too. I've talked so much about Peter New and Andrea Libman playing Jenga I'm going to bring back some conventions, I can't remember where it exactly happen but whenever there is a VA panel there is always this question about how they have to train and all the work they have to pull to make the characters come to life...

And then there is Peter New... Who often jokes about the complicated process behind every "Eeyup" and "Nnope", and how every monosyllabic he pronounces has a distinct flavor to it. Well, I used to think he joked about it but this episode Bic Mac clearly showed us the incredible range and power behind the "Eeyups", we have regular yups, angry ones, happy ones, sad ones, profound and philosophical ones. They've practically took the joke and pushed it to places I don't think they can go further from. They've also found ways of cutting him up whenever he would say any other thing which I found hilarious (in a troll-ish way).

Granny Smith was in all her awesome self too, I find pretty cool that they focused in both her wise side as well as her oblivious and senile one. After all, this characters aren't one sided.

She also has a stubborn streak, funny how genetics and upbringing works huh?

Fluttershy raided the orchard while the Apples weren't looking.

ITkzi.png

A Few days later...

522089__safe_pinkie+pie_applejack_spoile

It's funny because I can actually see it happen.

Link because I'm sure not everyone will get it.

EDIT: Forgot the source.

What can I said about this episode? it made me smile. It's a string of events that become funnier and funnier as the minutes pass (from the song onward), the song was awesome too, probably my favorite one since the Smile one. And I have little to no negative things to point out.

If I had to pick something bad about it it'd probably be the fact that like Flight to the Finish this episode's resolution is a little disappointing (or rather, inconsequential), yet not at the same level as the previous episode because Pinkie being an apple came out of nowhere and it's nothing more than a detail, unlike Scoots struggle to fly which is a key point in her character and has been hinted at since way back... Still, it makes me worry a little about how some episodes try to stick to the status quo, makes me wonder if only the episodes written by Meghan are allowed to shake things up a little (much as I enjoy most of our head writer's episodes, I wouldn't like it to be that way).

But other than that? Awesome episode! Great use of music, dialogue and characters, a humor that reminded me of The Simpsons early days at times, a little dose of feels here and there and all in all a very nice moral (though we knew one of them since some seasons ago).

IMO, best episode of the season so far.

ps: could some of the sound wizards of this fandom find a way to get Peter New's singing apart from the rest like they did with the Crusaders song? I feel his singing is one of those things we should treasure because of how rare it is. >_>

• Thumbs Up 2

This episode was simple, but really heartfelt.

Pinkie was in top form again, and it was nice to see a slightly more reigned-in take on her characterization while still managing to capture her usual brand of zaniness. This is how you write Pinkie Pie.

Applejack was great as well, and this is probably the Apple family's strongest showing thus far. This is some of the most realistic family interaction we've seen on the show, and I really enjoyed seeing their personalities bounce off each other. Despite their conflicts, of course, the Apples still stick together in the end, which of course is what family is all about.

Both lessons are great. No family is perfect, but sticking together through the tough times is what ultimately matters. And of course, family isn't necessarily limited by biology. I'm really digging the dual-lesson trend these episodes have had lately.

In any case, this week's MLP was fantastic. It was an absolute joy to watch, as expected from a Pinkie Pie episode.

• Thumbs Up 4

Applejack was great as well, and this is probably the Apple family's strongest showing thus far. This is some of the most realistic family interaction we've seen on the show, and I really enjoyed seeing their personalities bounce off each other. Despite their conflicts, of course, the Apples still stick together in the end, which of course is what family is all about.

Yes! That's something I forgot to say in my post. This is probably the first time we see a family in this show not getting perfectly along (unless you count Rarity and Sweetie's arguments). XD

The Apples (as a family) showed a lot more personality in this episode than what I can remember (admittedly, not much because I have a pretty poor memory) and the way they played each other out was pretty cool. I mentioned Big Mac's 100 uses for his catchmonosylabic but Granny here also displayed a lot more attitude in this episode than in the rest of her appearances. (we got to see her temper and stubbornness, which doesn't seem to happen too often)

Also, we can see how AJ's wish to take charge of things can be something good and bad depending of the situation (AB mentions she does a lot of the SAA management as something good at the beginning of the episode, and that "authority role" she has got her into a fight with Granny Smith later).

Oh sweet, someone extracted the voices from Apples to the Core.

He's even better than I thought!

Edit: And for equality, the instrumental version. Personally, I'm not so interested in them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, Where have I been... gotta catch up on these season 4 episodes! By the way I am not so unique, crazy obsessed with Rainbow Dash! haha

Cheese_Sandwich_promotional_S4E12.jpg

Here are two brandnew previews of Pinkie Pride. Starring Weird Al as talked about for a long time ago.

"An elated Pinkie Pie is planning the biggest and best birthday party ever for Rainbow Dash, but when a strange new party planning pony named Cheese Sandwich rides into town, plans change. Soon, everyone is so excited about Cheese Sandwich's party that they forget about Pinkie Pie, causing her to question her own talents and abilities; however, Pinkie Pie's pride won't let her go down without an amazing, daring duel." 

• Thumbs Up 6

A bit late, but I really enjoyed Pinky Apple Pie, not as much as Rarity Takes Manehatten, but that's probably my Rarity bias talking again.

As for that preview...

I'm really liking how Cheese Sandwich is basically just a gender bent Pinkie with a different color scheme, fits Weird Al quite well. Obviously looking forward to the song in this one, should be a blast.

2 preview clips of Rainbow Falls have been released. Here's the first one and the second one.

As for the for the Pinkie Pride preview:

Cheese Sandwich being a male version of Pinkie Pie with a different color scheme and busts into a song? That has Weird Al written all over it. I can't wait for to see this episode!

So, did anyone else get issue #15 of the comic series today? It's pretty fantastic if I do say so myself.

Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie magically transport into various books (similar to Power Ponies) to stop a bookworm from eating - and thus destroying - the books' stories. However, to repair the damaged stories, they must reenact the missing segments, and they all proceed to do this incorrectly, leading to hilarious results.

Each pony ends up taking the group to a different story; From Pinkie's whacked-out fairy tale (combining everything from Robin Hood to Rapunzel to Cinderella all in the same story) to Rainbow Dash's reenactment of a Daring Do novel. My favorite bit is Rarity's story, which is a sappy romance novel:

BxMXEKc.png

This stuff is gold.

Eventually, the bookworm devours almost everything from these stories, and the comic ends on a cliffhanger as the books' erased characters start sprouting from pods and appearing in the real world, where Applejack, Spike, and Fluttershy are still waiting.

Minor continuity issue (spoiler):

One minor issue with continuity is that Daring Do is treated as a fictional character, and even emerges from her book into the "real" world along with other characters. Weirder still is that this comic 

clearly takes place after Power Ponies, since it references that episode's enchanted comic, so I find it odd that Daring Do is back to being a fictional character. (One explanation, though, is that real-life Daring Do exaggerates her own adventures, and that the Daring Do of the books is a separate character from the real-life A.K. Yearling? I'll go with that to save myself a headache, I guess). Other than that relatively small issue, though, this comic is fantastic!

I can't wait to see what happens next month in issue 16. Seriously, if you aren't reading the IDW comics, you should. They're great.

One more preview image for the road!

UTECvCO.png

Hairity returns.

• Thumbs Up 3

Minor continuity issue (spoiler):

One minor issue with continuity is that Daring Do is treated as a fictional character, and even emerges from her book into the "real" world along with other characters. Weirder still is that this comic 

clearly takes place after Power Ponies, since it references that episode's enchanted comic, so I find it odd that Daring Do is back to being a fictional character. (One explanation, though, is that real-life Daring Do exaggerates her own adventures, and that the Daring Do of the books is a separate character from the real-life A.K. Yearling? I'll go with that to save myself a headache, I guess). Other than that relatively small issue, though, this comic is fantastic!

I still have to read the comic but I've seen some previews and...

I agree with you in the fact that Daring and Yearling aren't the same pony in this case (even if they would pretty much be clones of each other) but there is another little issue here. Applejack doesn't seems to know who Ahuitzotl is despite meeting and fighting against him in Daring Don't. (even if she weren't a fan, she heard her friends banter about him and his plans and there is no reason to believe Yearling didn't share her story with them once they defeated him)

I wouldn't feel there is much of an issue (Applejack could have simply forgotten his name, it's a pretty hard one) if it weren't because Spike had to point her that he's the series' bad guy.

If I were to take a guess, this might be for the people who read the comics but for some reason haven't been able to see the episode? Or maybe the episodes are out of order? (the April fools tweets mark a similarly named title as episode 8)

But anyway, it's Saturday! Which means it's time for...

all_the_bridesmaids_will_wear_salmon__by

THE WONDERBOLTS!

Rainbow Falls is an episode that promises a lot of things for me. Is not only the episode where we pretty much can confirm that ragtag bunch of misfits known as the Ponyville Pegasus have become full fledged recurring characters, but we also get to see more of Equestria's elite stung flying team! Also, this could be a "key" episode, which is always cool to see. (at least if the first one is anything to go by)

The rest of the episode feels a little predictable, like a Rainbow Dash's Sweet and Elite, but that Rarity episode was also a very good one so I don't see any reason to not have high hopes for this one.

As a side note, I just read the synopsis for Simple Ways and all I can think is:

1) Poor Spike...

2) Everything else:

424155__safe_solo_rarity_animated_cute_a

See ya in a few hours! o/

That was like the episode Wonderbolt Academy should've been.  Focusing more on Rainbow Dash and less on terrible jokes from Pinkie.  Also Spitfire's a bitch.  I love it when Rainbow Dash tells her off; Dash must feel terrible knowing one of her idols is a horrid pony in more ways than one.

Seems like the whole Rainbow Power thing comes into play on the episodes that focus on a specific character's element.  Happened to Rarity with Generosity already, and now Dash joins the club with Loyalty, so it's safe to expect we'll get an episode about Fluttershy with Kindness, Applejack with Honesty, Pinkie with Laughter, and Twilight with Magic.

I get the feeling Pinkie might be covered in Pinkie Pride.

Based on some of the synopses, it seems Pinkie gets obsessed trying to out-goof Weird Al.  So I think it sets itself up pretty nicely.  

Oh, and Derpy.