Jump to content
Sean

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Recommended Posts

Just now, RedFox99 said:

How so?

She was just kinda ignoring/overlooking Applejack here for no discernible reason at times. Which doesn't sound that unreasonable, I'm sure, but in-universe, it comes of as a bit daft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DabigRG said:

She was just kinda ignoring/overlooking Applejack here for no discernible reason at times. Which doesn't sound that unreasonable, I'm sure, but in-universe, it comes of as a bit daft.

I'm guessing she was oblivious to how Applejack felt. To be fair, Rarity even in the main universe has had those moments as well (Simple Ways with Spike and What About Discord? with Twilight).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm guessing she was oblivious to how Applejack felt. To be fair, Rarity even in the main universe has had those moments as well (Simple Ways with Spike and What About Discord? with Twilight).

I know, which is why I'm not upset about it. But usually, it's clear if someone is just being handwaving an issue away or being distracted by someone, but Applejack might as well had not even been there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I know, which is why I'm not upset about it. But usually, it's clear if someone is just being handwaving an issue away or being distracted by someone, but Applejack might as well had not even been there.

So, I'm guessing it's a case of "Applejack is best background character"?

Also, have Starlight Glimmer's detractors warmed up to her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So, I'm guessing it's a case of "Applejack is best background character"?

 

More or less. :joy: That's the joke I was making for myself, but hot-dog...!

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

 

Also, have Starlight Glimmer's detractors warmed up to her?

Idk, I guess. I'm not actually a part this fanbase, but most people seldom bring her up in any opinionated way in the places I have checked. 

I know Lilly Orchard hasn't, since outside of one pretty hilarious thing, they can't go one video without bringing her up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

More or less. :joy: That's the joke I was making for myself, but hot-dog...!

Idk, I guess. I'm not actually a part this fanbase, but most people seldom bring her up in any opinionated way in the places I have checked. 

I know Lilly Orchard hasn't, since outside of one pretty hilarious thing, they can't go one video without bringing her up.

Yeah, how did that joke start?

Also, apparently they got their Twitter account taken down a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, how did that joke start?

 

I don't know, but no doubt it's about how Applejack is the most boring/straightlaced of the Mane Six.
 

 

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

 

Also, apparently they got their Twitter account taken down a few days ago.

Really now? I can't imagine why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I don't know, but no doubt it's about how Applejack is the most boring/straightlaced of the Mane Six.
 

 

Really now? I can't imagine why.

I think as Dr. Wolf said, it could be nice to have her be challenged by having her family separating (Big Mac moving in with Sugar Belle, Apple Bloom growing up soon, etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I think as Dr. Wolf said, it could be nice to have her be challenged by having her family separating (Big Mac moving in with Sugar Belle, Apple Bloom growing up soon, etc).

If you really want to upend things, sure, I guess that might be the way.

Though funnily enough with your previous post, I felt the Mean Six offered a missed opportunity for an episode with the subplot about her supposedly teaching Starlight about camping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

If you really want to upend things, sure, I guess that might be the way.

Though funnily enough with your previous post, I felt the Mean Six offered a missed opportunity for an episode with the subplot about her supposedly teaching Starlight about camping.

Maybe, in addition, have Granny end up getting too old to help out with the farm.

Man, that might've actually work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

How so? I like how you explain things.

Well, there's the collective fact that Applejack is a very athletic Earth pony who grew up on a farm compared to Starlight being an unusually powerful unicorn with a tendency to fallback on magic. How Applejack is first and foremost a Family Mare, while Starlight's family life or even identity was almost as unspoken about as Fluttershy's once was until this very season(aside from a tweet of somewhat ambiguous canon) and even then was implied to be something she wasn't very enthusiastic about. Or how Applejack is generally the most mature and sensible pony, while Starlight is ironically shown to be rather childish and unstable deep down(albeit, in not very lighthearted ways). There's also something that could be said about the Fantastic Racism Applejack is sometimes said to have, but let's just boil/regulate that down to her previous dislike of using magic for mundane purposes.

Did I miss anything?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: Starlight

I still don't really like her. She's just kinda there for me, and I still have sour feelings over how past episodes made light of her mistakes. I do like her interactions with Trixie and Sunburst, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mega said:

 She's just kinda there for me. 

Which ironically acted as a continuous improvement.

1 hour ago, Mega said:

 I still have sour feelings over how past episodes made light of her mistakes.

To be fair, I'd say they've also guilty of the opposite, if not moreso.

1 hour ago, Mega said:

 I do like her interactions with Trixie and Sunburst, though.

Trixie, I agree--she's arguably the best thing to happen with and around Starlight.

Sunburst has been rather so-so, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I left MLP some time ago, but against a common sense I decided to go back and check few more episodes. Here are my quick thoughts on season 8

1) This show just gave up on making big scary villains. I guess Tirek was so big they concluded "well, we can't top that, can we? Let's not even try". I mean, Starlight was a single pony corrupting tiny village was a fresh breath of air, but now fighting bad weather or jackass inspector is a new norm.

2) I actually like Young Six. They just fleshed out enough to have more than one character trait, plus the way they become friends felt really natural. No mission to save the world, no teacher standing over them yelling "SHIP! I mean, FRIEND!!" Just bunch of kids, learning to like each other. Do I even need to say which one is the best?

Spoiler

YAK BEST!!!

3303547f26575bfae70e3a6a7a4f5c33.gif

...which is probably the reason why they don't get a single episode focused on them, afterwards. Really? They pushed Starlight though our throat until we chocked, but not them?

 

3) I grew to accept Starlight. Maybe not love, but tolerate. I'm bad at hating characters, especially recurring ones. i think they slightly changed how they write her, making her constantly screw-up in but in small relatable way,

Spoiler

I see

medium.png&key=b96140d6dccd456d5341606fc

4) And semi-finale was.... kinda terrible. Mean Six just used personalities from Discord debut, only worse. Chrysalis really needs to reform now, 'casue after failing to babysit those guys I'll never take her seriously again (overall, 3 strikes, it's getting old).

Here's how I would reform her: through Discord. He finds her in a terrible conditions and thinks "wouldn't be great if I reformed someone?" And she needs to home, os she lives in his house, trying to reform him-back into being evil. Heck, she's a changeling, they could walk through Ponyville giving different arguments why to be good/evil. it would be great twist on old formula, plus show how much Discord has grown as a character (and he's still not that good at this friendship thing, so this would be a challenge).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So I left MLP some time ago, but against a common sense I decided to go back and check few more episodes. Here are my quick thoughts on season 8

1) This show just gave up on making big scary villains. I guess Tirek was so big they concluded "well, we can't top that, can we? Let's not even try". I mean, Starlight was a single pony corrupting tiny village was a fresh breath of air, but now fighting bad weather or jackass inspector is a new norm.

2) I actually like Young Six. They just fleshed out enough to have more than one character trait, plus the way they become friends felt really natural. No mission to save the world, no teacher standing over them yelling "SHIP! I mean, FRIEND!!" Just bunch of kids, learning to like each other. Do I even need to say which one is the best?

  Hide contents

YAK BEST!!!

3303547f26575bfae70e3a6a7a4f5c33.gif

...which is probably the reason why they don't get a single episode focused on them, afterwards. Really? They pushed Starlight though our throat until we chocked, but not them?

 

3) I grew to accept Starlight. Maybe not love, but tolerate. I'm bad at hating characters, especially recurring ones. i think they slightly changed how they write her, making her constantly screw-up in but in small relatable way,

  Hide contents

I see

medium.png&key=b96140d6dccd456d5341606fc

4) And semi-finale was.... kinda terrible. Mean Six just used personalities from Discord debut, only worse. Chrysalis really needs to reform now, 'casue after failing to babysit those guys I'll never take her seriously again (overall, 3 strikes, it's getting old).

Here's how I would reform her: through Discord. He finds her in a terrible conditions and thinks "wouldn't be great if I reformed someone?" And she needs to home, os she lives in his house, trying to reform him-back into being evil. Heck, she's a changeling, they could walk through Ponyville giving different arguments why to be good/evil. it would be great twist on old formula, plus show how much Discord has grown as a character (and he's still not that good at this friendship thing, so this would be a challenge).

 

Have you seen the new EQG specials?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Wolf pretty much says what most people were saying about Twilight being out of character in this episode while also adding a very interesting (though fairly sad) point about it as well.

I am a little surprised we've gotten to roughly the half-way point of the Season and yet Chancellor Neighsay hasn't shown up again. 

Granted, there's room to debate whether he's the type of antagonist/character that really needs some in-between appearances to take advantage of him compared to, say, Starlight, but it is a bit odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I am a little surprised we've gotten to roughly the half-way point of the Season and yet Chancellor Neighsay hasn't shown up again. 

Granted, there's room to debate whether he's the type of antagonist/character that really needs some in-between appearances to take advantage of him compared to, say, Starlight, but it is a bit odd.

Honestly, I'm wondering if the Princesses can legally revoke his position as Chancellor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Honestly, I'm wondering if the Princesses can legally revoke his position as Chancellor. 

Eh, possibly. Not sure they'd really need to be able to, though.

Celestia didn't seem to pay much mind to him specifically either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DabigRG said:

Eh, possibly. Not sure they'd really need to be able to, though.

Celestia didn't seem to pay much mind to him specifically either way.

Which is odd since he nearly started a war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Which is odd since he nearly started a war.

Uh, sorta..?

From what I remember, it was the kids running off that was the subject of those threats, while Neighsay himself was just bout to catch himself a beatdown towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 8:33 AM, RedFox99 said:

Wolf pretty much says what most people were saying about Twilight being out of character in this episode while also adding a very interesting (though fairly sad) point about it as well.

He’s definitely brought up a good point. As for Chancellor Neighsay makes my amkther appearance, I predict he will do so on the season finale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.