Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...Well that's a bit random. I assume it's because of that play episode.full.png

What the fuck did they do to Pinkie and Rarity?

Rarity looks like she belongs in a She-Ra show, while Pinkie is now a pegasus. I feel like there might be some potential comedy with that.

Also, I'm a little intrigued by the next movie supposedly being a prequel as there's a lot of things to touch upon the movie often leaves ambiguous. Maybe show in detail how each of the non-pony species became the way they were during the course of the show.

53 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Rarity looks like she belongs in a She-Ra show, while Pinkie is now a pegasus. I feel like there might be some potential comedy with that.

Something like that.

Pinkie was supposed to be a pegasus as well, so this is just them going back to that.

53 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Also, I'm a little intrigued by the next movie supposedly being a prequel as there's a lot of things to touch upon the movie often leaves ambiguous. Maybe show in detail how each of the non-pony species became the way they were during the course of the show.

Is it a prequel for G4 or G5?

54 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is it a prequel for G4 or G5?

It doesn't specify, though maybe the fact that the leak also says that the crew are hoping to have season 9 be finished before the movie might suggest the latter.

There's also a slot about "sequel movie concept", so maybe Hasbro might also consider making one more G4 movie.

We also should consider whether these potential movies will be theatrical or straight-to-TV/video. Would you say that the first G4 movie was a financial success?

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

It doesn't specify, though maybe the fact that the leak also says that the crew are hoping to have season 9 be finished before the movie might suggest the latter.

So there is supposed to be a Season 9? Huh.

We also should consider whether these potential movies will be theatrical or straight-to-TV/video.

Probably the latter. Though I suppose a company like Hasbro could potentially afford to doubledip.

Would you say that the first G4 movie was a financial success?

I don't know. I'd have to consider cost vs. profit plus Hasbro's expectations.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

So there is supposed to be a Season 9? Huh.

Probably the latter. Though I suppose a company like Hasbro could potentially afford to doubledip.

I don't know. I'd have to consider cost vs. profit plus Hasbro's expectations.

Yeah, it's also mentioned in the leak.

That's possible.

Well, I looked up the budget and box office sales:

Budget: $6.5M

Box Office: $60.3M

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, it's also mentioned in the leak.

That's possible.

Well, I looked up the budget and box office sales:

Budget: $6.5M

Box Office: $60.3M

*Holy shit!*

Well then, make away Hasbro!

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

*Holy shit!*

Well then, make away Hasbro!

Well, it depends how much marketing costed; however, from what I've heard there was apparently not much of it. Can anyone confirm this? ~~Also, language.~~

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well, it depends how much marketing was; however, from what I've heard there was apparently not much of it. Can anyone confirm this? ~~Also, language.~~

Sorry. The floodgates were opened a while back.

Anyway, I definitely remember Sleepy!Rainbow and the voice actor interview Youtube ads, so yeah, I'd say there was definitely some.

wait there's a movie sequel? what the heck. ive been avoiding all leaks possible so i had no idea about this 😕

42 minutes ago, Skye said:

wait there's a movie sequel? what the heck. ive been avoiding all leaks possible so i had no idea about this 😕

Sorry about that. It's not outright confirmed though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was one of the best specials if not the best special by far in the entire series! So many great lines, funny moments, facial expressions, surprises, and scenes!

It was just so much fun to see each of the Mane 6 go through their own mini adventures. I have to agree with everyone whom said that everything, especially their characterizations were on point which I felt was a big strength of this. On an additional note, it was very nice to see the Maine 6 given the main focus which hasn't been done in awhile.

I absolutely loved the songs in this episode and I just want to say how very sweet the ending song was and it's one of my favorites of Season 8.

I'd say the biggest surprise was hear Derpy speak and getting a full scene. It sounds like she got a different voice actress because she sounds different than in "Slice of Life".

One that last thing I want to say is how awful I felt for Marble when Sugar Belle was kissing Big Mac. Poor thing had her heart broken in half.

Finally.....PUDDING!

So we get a Christmas/Hearth’s Warming Eve special before Halloween/Nightmare Night this week with the Best Gift Ever. Basically, plenty of familiar holiday plots wrapped in one twice as long episode package (pun
intended). Still don’t know why they don’t make more pony specials than EQG ones.

Overall, it was okay for me. Some stuff I was fine with whilst others I was not. Not Hearth’s Warming Tale levels, but again okay.

I liked much of the Pinkie and Discord parts, Twilight’s Pudding face, Derpy scene, GI Joe reference, and Chinzilla.

I didn’t care much for the songs and plots were standard for the most part. As much as I liked the Pinkie parts, it was only with the sisters I liked prior to the Yakistan and reindeer (ex machina) who I was mostly ‘eh’ and indifferent about. Same with Discord carrying RD’s gift plight. AJ and Fluttershy tackling Flim and Flam again? Meh. Also, was indifferent with Twlight’s and Spike’s story while Rarity’s was alright.

Again, this special was okay for me.

19 hours ago, Kevin said:

I'd say the biggest surprise was hear Derpy speak and getting a full scene. It sounds like she got a different voice actress because she sounds different than in "Slice of Life".

I'll go check, but I think it was just Tabitha St Germain trying hard to make her distinct from Rarity since they were sharing a scene. Or she just forgot.

9 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Still don’t know why they don’t make more pony specials than EQG ones.

AJ and Fluttershy tackling Flim and Flam again? Meh.

I found myself wondering that as well.

Yeah, that felt pretty close to pander-y in conjuction with the Kirin episode.

i loved that special! im not gonna lie, it made me tear up. i loved the jokes and the sort of mini side stories we got of all the characters.

So, watching an old video from Sketchy the Changeling, do you think the reformed Changelings could have been distinct from each other without changing their overall color scheme/texture?

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

You think they'll lay off the Plot-mandated friendship failures and arguments for season 9?

Arguments in themselves are fine, but yeah, perhaps they'll avoid lining so many of them up so close to each other.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Arguments in themselves are fine, but yeah, perhaps they'll avoid lining so many of them up so close to each other.

Keep in mind, End in Friend and Road to Friendship were only separated by 1 episode, and they both involved characters fighting for the sake of plot. 

Keep in mind, End in Friend and Road to Friendship were only separated by 1 episode, and they both involved characters fighting for the sake of plot. 

I thought there were more than that?

Anyway, the latter was clearly the better given featured characters and the general flow of the episode.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I thought there were more than that?

Anyway, the latter was clearly the better given featured characters and the general flow of the episode.

Those are the ones I recall, tho I forgot about Mean 6.

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Those are the ones I recall, tho I forgot about Mean 6.

Eh. I still feel like that could've been two or three episodes.

Again, I'd like to think it was mainly the Rainbow and Rarity episode that made tiresome.

45 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Eh. I still feel like that could've been two or three episodes.

Again, I'd like to think it was mainly the Rainbow and Rarity episode that made tiresome.

Well, to be fair I think some were getting annoyed around Mean 6, especially since the Mane 6 and Starlight should've noticed that something was off about the Mean 6's behavior and color scheme.

Well, to be fair I think some were getting annoyed around Mean 6, especially since the Mane 6 and Starlight should've noticed that something was off about the Mean 6's behavior and color scheme.

I suppose.

I guess I don't mind(or care?) there because a villain was involved and it was supposed to be a "Everyone frustrates each other cause they're lost" plot. Well that and it's been a while.

So, Voice of Reason made an end-of-season review for S8 in the style of Jelloapocalypse (which I'm starting to become a big fun of) and... it gets pretty scathing when he gets to the Top 5 worst episodes:

This is actually what he said in the despcritpion: Yep, I'm jumping on this bandwagon. Also, this season sucked. (Yikes).

Yeah, he says some very sad truths about this season that needed to be said, especially about Matter of Principals. Though, it's nice that he found some good in the season.