Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

On a completely different discussion, did anybody else last weekend get a chance to try out the open weekend for Legends of Equestria?

Was very Alpha-y, but still very playable and enjoyable.

I had an awesome time just wondering around the maps and chatting to others. Can't wait for a more stable release to come about.

• Thumbs Up 1

I place this episode on par or maybe a tad below of last week’s episode (reasons: Discord) and I do like it though I still prefer Pinkie Apple Pie over this in terms of Pinkie episodes this season. Even though I like some of the songs and thought they were okay for the most part, they didn’t stick to me as Apples to the Core and maybe Discord’s Glass of Water did, oddly enough. But at least, this episode made a more fitting and better musical than MMC.

I did like Cheese Sandwich’s introduction and the Goof Off for the most part (though I wonder how a Goof Off would have played out if Discord got involved?). Plenty of neat visual gags, but can feel a bit overwhelming.

It kinda felt like a celebrity’s self-insert fanfiction. Weird Al is basically playing himself as Cheese Sandwich, basically a recolored gender-bent Pinkie Pie with an added spaghetti western motif at times and added backstory. Not to say that there’s anything wrong with it and he was fine, providing a lot of energy into the episode, but I felt that they could have done more to his character. I didn’t find him as interesting as his character in Adventure Time as the Banana Man ( http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-5-episode-39-we-fixed-a-truck )who has Weird Al’s flair, but he is also smart and a mechanical wiz which gives some more character depth and personality.  Not to mention any character that can make car maintenance sound like a day at an amusement park gets top billing for me and I really like the song in that one too.

Also, the rest of the Manes did acted like jerks as they ignored Pinkie as well as not realizing her important the party meant for her. The episode did went into ‘feelsy’/sad territory a bit during the first half which again, I don’t get the ‘feels’ for this show than others due to personal preference and sad/drama isn’t really one of FiM’s strong suit, IMO.

Nonetheless, I liked it and it was a pretty fun episode with good Pinkie Pie development.

Speaking of comedic musical acts, I do hope we could get Flight of the Concords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAk_CJoIYsand maybe Tenacious D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDdhirAb0Woto get involved with the show. 

VyThYkT.png

Soooo... Rainbow Dash is apparently 21. I am okay with this, as I pinned her at around 19 - 20 when the show started, anyhow.

• Thumbs Up 4

Soooo... Rainbow Dash is apparently 21. I am okay with this, as I pinned her at around 19 - 20 when the show started, anyhow.

This makes sense. Faust said they were "young adults" a couple of years ago, so being in their early-to-mid 20s seems about right.

EDIT: Of course, there would realistically also be candles on the other side of the cake too, but eh, don't overthink it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now this episode I enjoyed more than last week's! I was starting to get sick of the Discord hype. I'm sorry, I just find Discord to be a very bland character, annoying in last week's episode and overrated. Last week's episode mostly relied on "LOL POPCULTURE IS FUNNY." and "DISCORD IS SOOOO RANDOM CAUSE HE'S LIKE Q XDXDXD." Seriously, I really hope the writers don't overstay his welcome in future episodes to come.

I know I said I didn't like Discord for essentially being "Pony Q," and While Cheese Sandwich is "Pony Weird Al," I can't help but actually like him. Weird Al Yankovic already acts like a cartoon character IRL, so it's always fun to see him in animated enviroment. Plus as a long time Weird Al fan, I really can't bring myself to dislike anything he does. I also couldn't help but laugh at young Cheese Sandwich's glasses, as they resembled the glasses Weird Al wore back in the 80s-early 90s

Pinkie Pie is a character I really love and from day one, I grew worried that she would become very Flanderized into a complete idiot as what seems to happen with most of the comic relief/happy go lucky characters in cartoons. And in a few episodes this season, it would have seemed that would have been the case. However, in this episode, she was the Pinkie I knew and loved from the first couple of seasons, thus making this episode all the more better for me.

Overall, possibly one of my favorites this season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Amazing episode. The music was great, the gags were excellent, and Weird Al was used perfectly. Definitely one of my new favorite episodes and a fitting return for Amy Keating Rogers. Hopefully she'll pen more than a few more eps by season's end. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Supercute episode. Pinkie is one of the more relateable characters when she faces adversity imo. Weird Al top tier of course, love his voice and he did a great job voicing Cheese. Fun songs and such. 

I still think Rarity Takes Manehattan is best ep so far. But this was probably a close second.

Pinkie's Pride is the best episode so far

With 6 damn songs 

That's the highest number of songs so far....I think. 

Also I'm surprised someone spotted this..

a39.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Pinkie's Pride is the best episode so far

With 6 damn songs 

That's the highest number of songs so far....I think. 

Also I'm surprised someone spotted this..

a39.png

Can't be unseen!huh.png

Did anyone else notice that it's Andrea singing this song? I find it odd how Pinkie's singing voice seems to alternate between Andrea and... her standard singing voice actress, whose name escapes me.

Do you guys think if I keep throwing the words "best episode on the season" it will become meaningless after the sixth time?

G9TWN.png

Overanalyzing is the goofiest thing

Episode 77: Pinkie Pride

The episode actually starts in Appleloosa, where both the ponies and buffalo are having the time of their lives! And it seems like it was all thanks to this mysterious stranger. Suddenly, he starts spasming and then he stops, apparently he sensed a doozey coming from Ponyvile! The party desperado's way is clear now, and he goes straight to it with no fear no hesitations.

I have to confess something before we keep going and that's that my only exposition to Weird Al previously to this episode was in Celebrity Deathmatch (and I don't think it was even him to begin with). He went way over my radar across the years and just heard of him back when he posted how he liked the show (I'm sure that was before I even joined too!). so while I was ecstatic about his presence in the show (it was something people have asked ever since those posts) I really didn't know much of the guy at all, his performance here would be the first one I've truly seen. I can't tell if it was best like this or if I've had enjoyed this episode more otherwise but what I know is that I was greatly surprised at how he managed to pull that "western hero" voice I expected him to sound like a male version of Pinkie Pie during the whole run but he has more range than what I have him credit for.

DpfU2fG.png

Party ponies are badass and srs bsnss.

Back on the episode, we start with our very first song of this musical episode, I didn't think it was that good as a stand alone piece but it grew on me after some rewatches, it also helps that it makes a good job at starting the story (Tho I think Morning in Ponyville did it better, it was more active and pumped you up for the episode), makes a very good job at beginning what's pretty much going to be the entire episode's theme (you can hear the piece being played across the episode not only in the reprisals but also as the background, it's like the whole musical is one big song and I can dig that) and shows us ponies who never sang before like the Cakes and Diamond Tiara (I loved that little gag with the milkshake).

Once the song is over we get a little more context to the party Pinkie is about to thrown, as it turns out today is Rainbow Dash's birthday! And it seems like this time it's going to be some serious partying going on here, everything has to go as good as it could in order to give Rainbow the most super, funnes, fantabulous, superbial party there has ever been!

And this is where the mysterious stranger wearing a poncho arrives.

Apparently the stranger is called Cheese Sandwich, and his cheesy sense told him there was a party about to happen in this town and that it'd need his help. And they might need it because it's not only Dash's birthday, apparently this also marks the anniversary of the day she moved to Ponyville (so the big cloud house was a birthday present? Or did she got kicked out of her parents house once she turned 18?) or birth-iversary as Rarity would put it, so it's like 2 parties at the same time! And so we have the second song in this episode detailing how awesome Cheese Sandwich is and how he's more than up to the job of hosting this double hoedown.

Now this song I liked it more than the previous one (actually, I feel the songs get better and better as the episode goes), we get some really entertaining sequences and we can see how Pinkie was all over Cheese's song until she realizes it's like a song about him and how good he is and what h does, which happens to be the same thing Pinkie does and she starts feeling like she's being tossed aside because Cheese is really winning the crowd right there.

pLUkwgB.png

I've been told Cheese's weird moves were a bit of a play about how Weird Al is actually double jointed, could anyone tell me if there is any truth in this?

The song is all happy and awesome but ends in a pretty harsh mood change when you see Pinkie being left alone. (I like this shifts most of the time, and this episode has a nice number of them). The ponies are m more than happy to have such a super duper party planer as Cheese on the case, even tho in the excitement it seems like they forgot they already had one (fickle creatures, this ponies), Dash goes a little further and decides to comment on how she didn't really think Pinkie was able to make the party as epic as she wanted to... Pinkie swallows her own tears to save face (I want to hug her so freaking bad here) and waits for the group to go away to start feeling depressed (her mane deflates a little too).

Second act begins with Cheese already working on the double party, it seems to be going pretty awesome, Derpy even managed to not set the stage on fire! Scene cut and we get to see Pinkie, all alone, with the foundations of her party crumbling with her feelings. But then Twilight shows up and asks Pinkie why she isn't helping Cheese planning the party, Pinkie answers that with Cheese in charge it seems everything is in good hooves, Twi doubts a little but Pinkie's totally-not-a-Stepford-smile convinces her that it might be for the best that she doesn't push this further.

Which bring us to our third song, a sad piece oddly mixed with hilarious visual gags about Pinkie trying many works besides partying, but once again, it seems like destiny is set in stone for this ponies so we see her fail in every attempt (or, every of her attempts fails because she unconsciously mixes them up with her party habits).

Also, I know there is something in this setting known in this series as "Musical Power" (you know, the kind of powerups that come during a song that allow a filly to push her 2 friends several kilometers to the frozen north to get in time to a flag bearing contest) but for my sanity's sake I'm just going to assume Pinkie randomly popped in those places because otherwise the idea of her getting 3 different jobs (and accomplishing the requirements to even get those jobs to begin with) in the lapse of a few hours at most makes my brain hurt (maybe she has a bunch of school degrees stashed all over Equestria in case of work emergencies?).

It seems like Pinkie has given up on herself, but then (in a similar way to Twi way back in Return of Harmony) starts to see pictures of her past significant events and she starts to get her resolve back, this is where the sad song turns into an epic one (Shannon singing brought brony tears to my eyes, honest)... And then we get a reprise of the first song.

539574__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_animated_ba

Like many warrior poets from the not so far Occident, Pinkie knows that defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

Back in the party everything seems to be going great, we get to see how Derpy really digs the chocolate fountain and even Dash playing a little with Tank in the background (that escaped me for a while, mostly because all my eyes were drawn to the grey one and her antics), Rarity keeps playing her dame role and all the while, a Pink menace lurks in the shadows...

Things are still going great tho! Boneless just finished the RD sculpture but then Pinkie appears and challenges Cheese to a Goof off (while doing a face that contains so much compressed pinkie rage that it feels like it came out from other series! O_O)! Cheese doubts that Pinkie can take him off but the pretty pink party planning pony is more than confident about her skills and puts the title of ultimate super duper party pony at stake, also the privilege of hosting Dash's Birth-iversary! Both party ponies agree and plan to duel at high noon.... Well.. Actually 10 minutes after that considering it was already high noon when the challenged was issued.

526743__safe_pinkie+pie_spoiler-colon-s0

This brings back memories...

So 10 minutes later we are about to begin the duel, Twi reads a bif of the official goof off rulebook (which actually means this is a freaking serious duel.... About goofiness. Equestria is weird :V) and assigns Dash as the judge for the event (something that she never asked for). Now, I read enough fanfics to know that 2 Pinkie Pie-like beings could unmade Equestria if they wanted to, and it seems like Twi knows about that too because after announcing the start of the duel she flies away as fast as possible, prompting our 4th song on this episode!

And I thought Discord's song was crazy! This guys don't have that much chaotic power... I think... And they still manage to pull out... this!

I've heard from people that this song was pretty much built like one of Al's Polka medleys and I must confess I loved every single second of it, the sheer silliness of what these 2 ponies did had me smiling during the whole song and it made me want to replay it over and over again, as a matter of fact, I did! And I did it so much that I almost miss the song at the end because I just kept repeating this one. XD

It starts with some very paced songs and then it keeps going up in the silly scale, it even throws us out of the loop with a live action section (only to be topped right away with Pinkie's own), then keeps going with a Polka version of the Smile song, then they start throwing all their guns and finishes with a giant piñata while Pinkie sings a traditional Mexican song. (I can't describe my face when hearing a pony speaking in my language, but it was something like this)

So yeah, the whole goof off crashed and burned at the moment Pinkie realized her and Cheese's antics were becoming a little too much for mortal eyes, as a matter of fact, Rainbow seems kinda disappointed that her day ended up with her in the middle of a clown war (I'm sure she stopped having fun the moment she got shot with a giant cannon at point blank). Then... Something triggers in her and remembers the promise she did way at the beginning of the episode, and how she pretty much broke it. Something that goes that low can't be the greatest party pony in Equestria, and so, she forfeits (with tears in her eyes, dammit PInkie, why you give me so much feels in this episode?).

The last act opens with Pinkie pretty much packing things up and about to leave town when her friends stop her, they apologize but getting all swept up for this episodes events and well, a party wouldn't be a great one without Pinkie Pie. While this happens Cheese also appears and apologizes for also getting a bit carried away, as it turns out he just wanted to show Pinkie how much of a great party pony he was, Pinkie is a little confused by this statement but then we learn that Cheese actually lied to us when he told us his backstory at the beginning of the episode! By singing another song.

Well, not much of a song but a musical moment about how he wasn't the fun loving stallion he is today, as a matter of fact, he was shy like few and was ignored for that... One day he leaves his city (seems to be a normal thing for young ponies, parental supervision doesn't seem to be much of a concern here... Oh well!) and ends up in Ponyville, when he stumbled upon a party (filled with filly versions of popular background ponies and side characters that almost makes me faint out of how cute they were. even if it was just a case of recycled animations) so great that it inspired him to become someone who could spread cheer across the word like what he was witnessing, and so he became the pony who is today... But that doesn't explain Pinkie's question right? As it turns out, that party was hosted by no other than her (which means either Cheese is younger than Pinkie or she just had her cutie mark earlier).

Man! This is like Cutie Mark Chronicles all over again! Now we are going to get a very awesome group hu-no wait, Rainbow is not in the mood for this mushy stuff right now so they better get back to town and finish the party they promised her! D8<

And of they go, while singing yet another little reprise of the first song!

The next scene the party is in full swing and we get treated to one last song, a very J-pop like piece that even included a cute choreography (that I wish I could see more off :< ) but it also included that little instrumentation that makes it feel right at home as a FiM song. I also felt like it was pretty much Pinkie's version of Love is in Bloom, and I can only hope it also has a full version like that other song... And that it gets remixed a lot like that other song!

But yeah, after the awesome mini song Dash goes and thanks Cheese for helping to make this party EPIC! Now that his job is done, the party desperado gets ready to leave to plan another party, but not before leaving boneless with Pinkie as a memento of their encounter, of the link they share and their commitment to spread joy to those around them...

And so, the mysterious party hero leaves with the sunset! To never be seen again, unless it's a cameo, like Braeburn...

(I could be wrong tho, gosh I hope I'm wrong)

FGChi.png

Most of the mane characters did nothing, they just get swooped over by Cheese antics and did very little else, even after they apologized to Pinkie, still they had their little individual moments.

Twi has a book for pretty much everything (except for box unlocking), gotta love that. Also, when properly instructed she can dance.

Fluttershy was a little silly on this episode but nothing I would consider off from her, she just remarked she loves Picnics (she does) and how she was terrified about the goof off challenge despite not knowing what it is (she is scared about a lot of things)

Rarity did nothing but comment on how good Cheese was at his job, I can't shake the feeling that's kinda like a dame play she does, you know, complimenting a gentleman on his achievements and whatnot, I have a feeling she does this quite often with whoever stallion comes around (might be her very own way of... befriending them, making a good impression by being polite and proper) makes me think she might have been trying to play this role too when Flim and Flam visited.

Applejack is still the only sane pony.

The only one I have a bit of an issue is with Rainbow Dash for that remarks she did about how the certified party planer could without a shadow of a doubt make a better job than Pinkie. Admitedly Cheese's male touch was probably what the tomboy-ish pony was looking for when she mentioned she wanted the party to be EPIC so maybe there's that.

But enough of this semi-background characters (as far as this episode goes), time to talk about the stars here! Pinkie Pie gets a lot of flak for being a joke character when the episode doesn't focus on her, admittedly I'm also part of that crowd (though most of the time I don't mind, as long as I find the joke funny and it isn't overdone). But this episode (like most of the episode that center around her) show us how much of a character she is, in this particular case I had several flashbacks to Party of One (which showed us how low Pinkie can fall when she feels alone) because on this episode we saw her struggling with that, the fact her mane kinda deflated but didn't go full Pinkamena makes me think she was 1) trying to save face (flat mane means depressed pony) and 2) She was actually fighting to not jump on that slippery slope that can make One Bad Day turn you into the Joker. Having said that, her mane stayed pretty puffy when she was leaving town but that's because she was content with the result, she resignated herself and was going to quietly leave town.

Another side of her this episode showed us (and I think this is a new one) it's her pride, she takes pride in being the best party pony out there, she takes pride in her job and joy in life... And she's also very serious about making things go as they should. Which surprised me a little coming from her, but then again I don't really remember ever seeing her during the events that go in her head before she throws (or starts planning) a party, for all we know she could be serious business about this all the time and I've never knew. XD

We've also got to see how she influenced another pony to spread laughter across the land, and I'm  noticing how deliciously different this rainbow links are being formed. The Rarity one was a subtle one, she never interacted with Coco yet her actions spoke louder than her whining words, she was moved by that and decides to do the generous thing. Rainbow Dash pretty much shoved loyalty in the Wonderbolts face's who were being pricks until that moment and decided to follow the mane Pegasus' advice. Pinkie was completely oblivious of how she influenced someone back when she was a filly (kinda like Dash not knowing what her first Rainboom did), a pony who's life she moved so much that he became a traveler who spreads joy all across the country! His whole life was laughter, his whole purpose was guided by our pink mass of sugar and he wanted to show her how awesome he's become thanks to her (of course, the events of the episode lead to a different direction but he didn't have much control about that).I'm liking this and I can only hope they come up with more unique stuff for the rest of the mane 6.

As a side note, now we know she has a third sister (I believe an older one at that), who was previously revealed in a book (as a passing mention, we didn't even get to know her name, probably because of the date this book was released and how it would spoil events of this season) and I'm trying to ponder if this is better or worse than the Shinning armor thing, if we didn't know about the toys (or the book on this case) we wouldn't know who this character is and why it suddenly shows up to have a bond with one of the mane 6... On the other hoof, at the very least they took the time to acknowledge her existence in the show before the episode she stars in (and yes, I'm just assuming she'll be relevant) so I guess that's something... Oh well, I wasn't one to care much about this kind of things.

But I think I went off topic a little, the other star of this episode was Weird Al Cheese Sandwich! And what a cool pony he was! I know I said this before but I really loved his western hero persona, that serious and professional no-nonsense air he carries around before getting to work and going crazy is really cool. I also liked this because it accentuates some differences in personality between he and Pinkie, they take different approaches to their works and that's something I can appreciate. I'm also loving the idea of being more than 2 party ponies out there who do all sort of crazy stuff and might engage on goof-offs if the situation requires it. There is a shonen-like world out there! Full of parties!

But anyway, on this episode we also learned Cheese had a pretty rough childhood, he was very shy and had to leave town to find his true self (kinda like Flutters, though she did that accidentally) which brings me to another point, despite how much Rarity praises it seems like Manehatten is a bitch of a place to grow up in. >_> But I can guess this is mostly because it's a cosmopolitan city that appreciates the high life, a place where ponies like Applejack and Pinkie (and I guess this would also include Cheese) wouldn't be able to grow up to be their true selves.

But back to the present, once you know the context of his actions the whole episode becomes a little more interesting, at the beginning he acts all cool and mighty because he wants to show up everypony that he can stand on his own as a certified party pony. The rest of the episode he's just doing his job to prove himself and when Pinkie challenges to a goof-off he accepts because, well, why wouldn't you if you are trying to prove your worth? A bit of an interesting note is that when Pinkie declares she loses the competition Cheese laughs a little and then goes like... "Really?"... Which makes me think he never expected to win against who's pretty much his master. I also think this is the moment he notices something went wrong during the whole fracas and apologizes to Pinkie as fast as he can, while also revealing the truth behind his actions.

All in all a pretty cool character, who got carried on like the rest of the ponies (Pinkie included).

Spike is sorry for not doing anything, at the very least his existence is acknowledged (better than not being shown on the episode IMO)

ITkzi.png
BAD ENDING

540123__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+da

Sorry for being unrelated to the episode, but this had me laughing for minutes.

So, this episode happened huh? Like Pinkie Apple Pie this one made me smile from beginning to the end, maybe not laugh but it certainly cheered me up. It kinda makes it hard for me to not be hyped by Meghan's tweet because so far her last 2 predictions about the episodes have been truth as far as I am concerned. >_>

Probably the only complain I have about this episode is how this show's musicals tend to exaggerate or make some events more dramatic than what they need to be (like an entire town's mood depending on one pony as stated by MMC), the idea of Pinkie leaving town because she can't throw one party confused me a little and felt a bit unnecessary since the same scene could have been played by everyone noticing how sad Pinkie got after calling off the duel and we could have gotten the same results, also the way everyone got swept up by Cheese's charm and forgot about Pinkie for a while. But this are really minor things in what is a very well done (focused on the main character rather than the guest star), very well characterized (as far as the 2 main ponies go), and awesomely composed in the musical area.

I love love loved it! (makes me wonder if I'd have enjoyed it more actually knowing more of Al before this episode)

• Thumbs Up 4

her standard singing voice actress, whose name escapes me.

Shannon Chan-Kent!

And yeah, she sang all the songs in the episode aside from the Goof Off. I guess it's fitting for Andrea to sing during that song, since it was the big "Pinkie VS Weird Al Cheese" song, making it arguably the most important song for the episode.

Hilariously, "Pinkie's Lament " is my personal favourite song in the episode, which is one of two (including the brief "Make a Wish" song at the end) songs that Al didn't sing at all in! Not to say he wasn't awesome in this episode, of course. XP

Well after last week's episode being easily the weakest in yhe season so far, this one turned out to easily be the best in season 4, hell maybe even the whole series at least in music. Cheese Sandwich is basically a male Pinkie, which is what Weird Al is. I was expecting this episode to be carried by just the hype of WEIRD AL IS GONNA BE HERE! I didn't expect this much craziness and feels though, I think most of us can sort of relate to Cheese Sandwich's confessions song. And Appleoosa was there, that was cool.

I really can't see how this episode was a Weird Al self-insert fic since for one, he didn't even write it, and two he is again, basically a male Pinkie Pie IRL and in the show. If the VA was someone else, that illusion would be shattered.

• Thumbs Up 3

I liked the Discord episode, the song was great and it's nice seeing Discord pulling shit with the cast and not being super best friends with them. A few moments got me to laugh, too.

• Thumbs Up 3

So for those of you that care, The Cartoon Network Variety Hour Show with the MLP cameo (AKA: Double Fan Shit) was taken down by the creator.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/double-rainboom-removed-flamingorich.html?m=1#idc-cover

Not sure why since that won't exactly remove it from the internet altogether. It had good animation for a school fan project I guess (which looked like it took a bit of a plunge at around halfway(much like its story)), but that's really all it truly had going for it and even then Children of the Night had much better animation.

Now if we could just get rid of Dusk's Dawn. LOL

So ok theory time. 

Me and my friend were talking about the show today and since RD is 21 and this is her first birth-aversary. This means that everything that has happened has been in a years time. Twilight's only been living in Ponyville for about a year now. 

Holy shit.....that really does make perfect sense. 

Wow, a bit late on this one. Between the exchange student I'm hosting and school I've only had time to watch the episode and I can definitely see why so many of you are giving it such high praise.

Pros:

-Nice to see that Appaloosa is still a thing.

- Cheese makes for a fun (and yet surprisingly well put together) character. Now I'll admit I'm not the most active of Weird Al followers outside of the few mlp convention appearances and songs he's made but if what you guys are saying is true (that this character truly is a pony version of him) then he is definitely a guy I want to search up on.

- So many good tracks in this! I can't keep up!

- Have to say I'm a huge fan of the moral for this episode as it truly hits home for me. It's hard to have someone come in while you feel you're at the top of your game and make a bigger impression than you. The ending was just very satisfying in my honest opinion. Not to mention that it isn't retold specifically at the end like past morals (you just see Pinkie writing something down in the journal and that's it).

- Again, some very nice and varied animations in this one.

- Season 4:Continuity is Magic

- Those live action segments just caught me completely off guard in a good way.

- Nice to see Derpy turning into a main background character again.

- I love how the episode never put Cheese in front of Pinkie in terms of writing. She really shined in this one.

- Boneless

Cons:

- It was really off putting to see the rest of the main six just totally abandon Pinkie's original party plans when Cheese shows up. It brought back the same feeling Bats! left with the main six gaining up on Fluttershy. It really goes against the overall message of the show and just makes most of them seem of character.

- Some noticeable animation errors here and there that I noticed even on my first viewing.

Nitpicks:

- While the songs were nice, I did think some of them ended a bit prematurely or started abruptly. But I really think it's just me on this as I did find the episode as a whole to be paced rather quickly.

- Ok, I understand they needed a silly name for a silly character but Cheese Sandwich, really? I understand this show isn't the best representative of character naming but man, could they really think of nothing else? This especially gets to me when you hear the characters saying it in full.

Well this was certainly another great episode. Though the character (at first glance) doesn't seem to lend itself to such content, Pinkie episodes have really proven to be some of the more thoughtful and lovable chapters in the series. While I can't say it's one of my favorite episodes of the show so far (I think it's because it steps over something that I hold on a pedestal for this show, characterization), it is definitely one of my favorites of the season... have I been saying that a lot lately? Season 4 just continues to surprise me I guess!

So for those of you that care, The Cartoon Network Variety Hour Show with the MLP cameo (AKA: Double Fan Shit) was taken down by the creator.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/02/double-rainboom-removed-flamingorich.html?m=1#idc-cover

Not sure why since that won't exactly remove it from the internet altogether. It had good animation for a school fan project I guess (which looked like it took a bit of a plunge at around halfway(much like its story)), but that's really all it truly had going for it and even then Children of the Night had much better animation.

Now if we could just get rid of Dusk's Dawn. LOL

I don't really mind since the animation was the only good thing about Double Rainboom (PPG crossover, everyone acting OOC) and I much prefer Children of the Night and Snowdrop. Still it's kinda random they just removed it like that.

I liked the Discord episode, the song was great and it's nice seeing Discord pulling shit with the cast and not being super best friends with them. A few moments got me to laugh, too.

Glass of Water is such an outlier of a song. Its manic nature is a breath of fresh air from the typical songs of the show. Same goes for Weird Al's songs. 

How the heck does partying=Cheese Sandwich cutie mark?!

How the heck does partying=Cheese Sandwich cutie mark?!

...He likes Cheese sandwiches and accordions, and the latter can be used in parties?

Okay? Sorry, guess I'm a bit confused considering how the whole cutie mark thing has to do with purpose/desire and whatnot. Though, i guess that makes sense. Eh, I'm probably reading too deeply into it. Besides, the episode was grand all the same!

Hey guys! Haven't really been on this thread of the forum, after many months of being interested, a few months ago I fit took the plunge and watched My little Pony FiM and I gotta say...I love it! I've now watched every episode at least twice and am trying to keep up to date with the season 4 episodes, I watch them while feeding my daughter at night :P

But yeah the show really is great, the characters are really likeable and although the story can sometimes be cheesy and full of morals it is generally really well written. The animation style really fits the show and it always really smooth, I love seeing the reactions and expressions some ponies pull in the background! Most importantly though the songs...oh the songs, I'm a really musical person and I find myself singing or humming tunes all the time, especially Pinkies "Smile" song and the "true true friend" one.

Yeah sorry if I threw you guys off of your topic there just thought I'd make an introduction in this topic so you might be seeing me around here a bit more!

So yeah got another pony fan here :)

• Thumbs Up 3