Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

So this week’s episode is A Health of Information where Zecora gets sick and Fluttershy has to find a cure.

This episode was just alright with me.

I liked the moral, some world building with the swamplands and Meadow Brooks, and some Fluttershy moments. And, of course, NO Starlight Gli-*Shot

There are some things that were off putting though.

I was pretty disappointed that Zecora doesn’t a bigger role in this and gets sideline until the end.

And the biggest one, Fluttershy goes off to get Twilight Sparkle and ONLY Twilight and no pony else for this dire and DEADLY situation? Wouldn’t it be better to call in the rest of the Manes to help find the cure faster? I’m sure they would be willing to help their friend in trouble esp. for one who is on the verge of death or something close to it considering of turning into a friggin’ tree!

What makes this worse is when you consider last episode when the entire Mane cast was present and willing/dragged in to help with Rarity’s minor mane problem while over half of them were absent from this episode! Hay, even Spike didn’t even tag along to help, the little twerp! It’s like one step forward for Spike last season, but two steps back with this one. But even Twilight and again with Spike (also Fluttershy at one point) was pretty off on how they took the news and cared little about Zecora’s ailment and possible fate from all this too esp. with the whole getting breakfast first. And how it gave mixed signals/tones about this.

Yeah, these plot points kinda dragged the episode down the more I think about it.

But overall, this one was pretty alright, somewhat a mixed bag.

I quite liked this episode; though that's probably my bias coming in because Flutters is my fave of the mane six. I was glad zecora at least had some sort of a mane role in the episode and i feel like flutters learned her lesson in this one. tbh i couldnt think of anyone else to help her..but thats probably just me geting dumb. twilight seemed the best suited to help her but that's just my opinion. i look forward to the next episode!

A CMC episode this week with Marks and Recreation.

Yay….*Sigh…

So yeah, I didn’t really like this one that much, slightly meh/dull and oddly found myself skipping much of the episode.

I did like Rumble (at first) and Thunderlane and seeing some new fillies and colts.

Rumble was likable at first and even wore his expression throughout and do like parts of his character even
reasoning about Cutie Marks, but acted much of a jerk almost throughout. Also, didn’t like the song. Thunderlane was just okay and nice seeing him again, but still would have like to know how he had gotten to be a Wonderbolt. Probably would have been more interesting of a premise than this episode.

You know I actually would like an episode revolving around Thunderland and Rumble, but with NO CMC/Cutie Mark involvement! Because the CMC counseling feels equally uninteresting than crusading, probably even more so. Like ditching one status quo just to be trapped into another that is just as bland.

Seriously, why can’t other secondary/minor filly and colt characters be able to stand out on their and have an episode around them without those three/involving Cutie Marks for the Nth time? I don’t see why not have a break from them. Why not have plots center around Button Mash having a unicorn teleport him into his favorite game Tron-style? Or have Pipsqueak and Luna explore into the dreamscape to take care of a peculiar nightmare? Or see what the buck Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon have been doing this time? Or maybe have a group of them go on a Goonies like adventure? Or hay, even switch perspectives and focus on what Babs Seed and her CMC division in Manehattan have been doing all this time for over nearly 4 bucking seasons since it feels like the show has forgotten her since S3?! (Whew! Man, do I really need to get that off my chest.)

But yeah, this is a Meh-pisode for me.

This week's episode tackled an age old question many people have been asking since season 1. Does a cutie mark really have that much absolute control over a character's life? This episode gave both sides of the argument and came out with a relatively interesting answer of "well yeah kind of... but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy other stuff". I like how it was the CMCs displaying this as they were the characters that spent the first half of the show obsessing over it and to have that all be challenged was interesting to see play out.

Other than that though, I don't have too much else to say on this one. CMC episodes are usually by the books and this one is no different outside of what I said. I do like the multiple call backs and old characters returning that are slowly becoming common placed in this season's writing (almost as if each writer of the show knows the show like fans do) and the song was kind of catchy too. Though, I'm not too sure about Rumble and Thunderlane's relationship here. I mean, it works out in the end but it sort of seemed like Thunder knew full well Rumble's tendencies and sort of threw him onto the CMCs without even thinking. I mean, the entire situation seemed like something that the two could've solved on their own time with a simple minute conversation.

But yeah, overall I found this to be a pretty par for the course CMC episode with some added bonuses to it. Not much to rave about but certainly not one to outright dismiss either.

So yeah guys, we're less than a week from the official release of the MLP movie. This has been a long time coming. I've been with this show for well over 6 years now and the idea of a full on movie coming out is still crazy to me. I mean, back then most of us thought that A Canterlot Wedding and Equestria Girls were going to be the closest things we ever get to that kind of quality but here we are!

Am I expecting it to be mind blowing? Well... eh. With the years I have under my belt, I know full well this series's strengths and weaknesses. If this was being done, say, 5 years back I'd probably be loosing my mind at the moment but now I'm sort of going in with an open mind for the most part. I think I know how most of it is going to go so how it's all told is going to be the real surprise. I mean, I already know that one of my biggest pet peeves is going to be on full display here (and those of you who know of my obsession for one of these characters probably already know what I'm talking about here) but like I said before when the first bits of news were coming out, I'll save full judgement for when I see it on Friday.

So yeah, overall I'm still pretty hyped but I'm also going in with a level head. I mean if anything, I'm lowering my expectations a bit because of that one bit I already know of but I'm still fully excited to see what they do beyond that. I mean, it's My Little Pony The Fucking Movie! Man, if I could go back 6 years and tell myself about this I'd probably freak. With 164 episodes leading up to it (yes there have been that many... it's like 2 and a half full days of pony XD)... well, there's not too much else to say now is there? Here's looking towards Friday!

On 10/1/2017 at 2:15 AM, Strickerx5 said:

So yeah guys, we're less than a week from the official release of the MLP movie. This has been a long time coming. I've been with this show for well over 6 years now and the idea of a full on movie coming out is still crazy to me. I mean, back then most of us thought that A Canterlot Wedding and Equestria Girls were going to be the closest things we ever get to that kind of quality but here we are!

Oh, is it?! I wasn't really keeping track, but I think you're right! That would explain

Well, unless my niece wants to go and we hitch a ride together, I don't think I'll be seeing it anytime soon. Especially since the closest theaters are over 30 miles down the road.

On 10/1/2017 at 2:15 AM, Strickerx5 said:

. I mean, I already know that one of my biggest pet peeves is going to be on full display here (and those of you who know of my obsession for one of these characters probably already know what I'm talking about here) but like I said before when the first bits of news were coming out, I'll save full judgement for when I see it on Friday.

Well, since I've not been very frequent as of late or even knowledgeable about this thread's existence, who are you referring to? 

Is it that broken horn Twilight soldier chick?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Well, since I've not been very frequent as of late or even knowledgeable about this thread's existence, who are you referring to? 

Is it that broken horn soldier chick?

No, it's how the princesses are seemingly (if promotional material is to be believe) about to be handled in it.

Spoiler

Apparently they all get turned into stone in the first part of the movie and are, again, shown as useless as the main characters solve the problem.

Like, it's just annoying at this point. Here you have these great characters who we're told can do amazing things but they keep getting blown out by these new characters and are often shown as being flat out incompetent. It's especially saddening here as we just got a great Celestia and Luna episode that led people to believe that the writers were getting their acts together in this regard.

But nope, turn them all to stone because we can't write for them. It's just lazy to me. Add in that Luna is my favorite character in the show and yeah... the movie is already going to have to work a bit to win me over.

49 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

No, it's how the princesses are seemingly (if promotional material is to be believe) about to be handled in it.

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently they all get turned into stone in the first part of the movie and are, again, shown as useless as the main characters solve the problem.

Like, it's just annoying at this point. Here you have these great characters who we're told can do amazing things but they keep getting blown out by these new characters and are often shown as being flat out incompetent. It's especially saddening here as we just got a great Celestia and Luna episode that led people to believe that the writers were getting their acts together in this regard.

But nope, turn them all to stone because we can't write for them. It's just lazy to me. Add in that Luna is my favorite character in the show and yeah... the movie is already going to have to work a bit to win me over.

Woah, spoiler! I mean it's not really that surprising considering [spoilery stuff] but I kinda wanna leave some things to be experienced should I ever get the inclination to see it myself. The select handful that there are at this point anyway.

the obvious power creep that the villains would need to be a threat, Celestia and Cadence are visible at the party in the 2nd trailer and that soldier and her hedgehog thing might be talking in Celestia's conquer throne room,

@DabigRG

Well I did put all of that in the spoiler tags man lol. But trust me man, there's a lot more to this movie than all that (which is why I'm seeing it). Though, you did remind me of something. I'll try to make my review of it less spoiler driven for those of you who aren't able to see it this weekend.

Also, there's a lot going on in even what you saw but, again, I'll talk about that later (in spoiler tags too :v). It's just... eeerrrggg, I wanted to see more Luna on the big screen so this is all just annoying to me!

and the way it happens too... fuck me does it seem like lazy writing...

20 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

@DabigRG

Well I did put all of that in the spoiler tags man lol. But trust me man, there's a lot more to this movie than all that (which is why I'm seeing it). Though, you did remind me of something. I'll try to make my review of it less spoiler driven for those of you who aren't able to see it this weekend.

Also, there's a lot going on in even what you saw but, again, I'll talk about that later (in spoiler tags too :v). It's just... eeerrrggg, I wanted to see more Luna on the big screen so this is all just annoying to me!

and the way it happens too... fuck me does it seem like lazy writing...

Yeah, I just editted my post after thinking of that. 

Anyway, I'm sure there's a lot more stuff that will be going on in the movie that the trailers are deliberately reusing scenes, some of which are already out of context, to keep hidden. It's just that the overall marketing(beyond the comic tie in stuff, which I don't think will count that much if I get around to reading it) around the characters(particularly Tempest Shadow as the trailer I'm watching nominates her), the celebrity voices, and the setup kinda gives you a grasp of what to expect if you're genre savvy enough, kid show movie or not.

Celestia, Luna, and even/especially Cadence are kinda destined to be left out of most bigger adventures by default, unfortunately.

Man that Appleparents episode really got to me

Finally caught up with the season (well as of ep19 anyway) and I have to say there's been more good episodes in S7 than I was expecting, especially after the rough start. They also finally made a Discord/Fluttershy episode that I thought was good, which I thought was impossible

Don't know if this is the right topic for it. I sure hope so. I watched the My little Pony movie yesterday 'cause they had it as a prerelease at my local theater and it was amazing!! Such good songs and characters and a good plot. If you can i definitely recommend you watch it.

The deed has been done. After making the pilgrimage across town, (because there seems to only be two damn theaters in Philly showing the movie) I have returned with my thoughts! AND... eh, pretty good. Let's go into a bit more detail though.

The first part of this post is spoiler free as I understand some of you have a harder time at accessing a theater with this movie than I had. The second part (under the spoiler tag) is obviously a no-hold-back zone so you've been warned.

So I guess I'll start with the biggest departure the film made from the show which is the animation. When the initial trailers were coming out I was hesitant on it to say the least. Sure, having the fancy new Toon Boom Harmony software along with more fluid models and general animation was a noticeable upgrade from even the great Flash animation the show puts out. Though, that CGI felt completely out of place in the trailers and distracted from the 2D animation. In the actual movie though... I have to say that most of those initial comments got thrown out the window for me. This movie looks damn good visually. I don't know if it was my eye getting used to it, the movie theater screen itself, or that actual work was done between the trailer release and now but everything blended so well. There were only a few instances when the CGI clashed with the 2D but they were often done in such a cinematic way that I almost want to dismiss them.

Also, one thing that stuck out with the great animation was how... tame it all ended up being. You don't really see all that cartoony movement and gags that the show often does. No Pinkie 4th wall breaking antics here.

Though really, the 2D animation still just about stole the show for me. Everything was so fluid and detailed. There were also a multitude of dynamic camera movements (something extremely hard to do in the 2D world) that it all just left me blown away.

While on the topic of presentation, the score in this movie was phenomenal. This is a movie and Ingram made you hear it. Hell, I'm on the edge of saying that it even outshines the actual songs. I mean, don't get me wrong. The songs aren't bad (they're actually quite good from both a sound and scenery perspective) but... again, it's a feeling I've been having with the show in general since season 4. A lot of the songs are good but they just end up blending into each other after a while for me. Plus, and this could easily be nostalgia speaking for me, nothing comes close to the likes of Smile, Best Night Ever, or This Day Aria (to name a few from the first seasons) for me. Though, music is very subjective so you may easily feel differently.

In terms of the story, well... to tip toe around some things for a bit this is where some of the movie didn't follow through for me. To put it simply, it is your very generic adventure story. If you saw the trailer, you basically can already piece together pretty much exactly what's happening here. There was really only one instance of the movie surprising me and I think that's more because of how use I got to something from the show than anything (more on that later).

I think one of the biggest problems I had with it was the overall lack of characters outside of the main six and new faces that were present here. I won't spoil who or what here, but damn was it a ghost town in that regard. I think the newer characters that were voiced by the celebs (who all did well btw) took up the spotlight and didn't really leave room for anyone else. I mean, even some of the main six got undercut at times. They all get their few moments in the spotlight but you can tell where the most effort was put into from a script perspective.

But yeah, that just about does it in terms of no spoilers. Overall, I'd recommend seeing it. It got a number of laughs out of me (and the crowd to) and, though I do have some shortcoming with it, I have to say that I enjoyed it. If you're a fan of the show you'll have a good time and if you're someone who fell off for a bit, this may be right up your alley as it's a bit of a departure from the current show style (in a good way I'd say). Though, can I recommend this to someone who has never watched the show or downright hates it? Eh, probably not. I mean they may find joy in the animation (we just don't get movie quality 2D animation like this anymore) or the score but beyond that... it's still mlp. There's still a lot of stuff in there that you've had to see in the show to really get into it. If you want to get someone into the show, the first 2 seasons are still the best way to do it if you ask me. Though, this is a good showing for the series, nonetheless.

Now... to go into even more detail about certain things.

Spoiler

Ok, I'll start this part with one of the main complaints I voiced earlier from the few details I did have about the movie going in. Simply put, the other princesses get downright messed over here. I mean thankfully, Luna seemed to have the most character put into her (like always) but even she fell victim to the tired old "we can't write for powerful characters in a story like this so we have to take them out fast" crap this series loves to pull. They get turned to stone, get their powers taken from them, and it's up to the main characters to solve it. I mean, would it have really been that hard to have them put up a fight and maybe actively participate with at least holding off the Storm King? The most we get on that front is Cadance (who has like 2 lines in the entire movie btw) who tries to block the magical Mcguffin stone orb thing but fails and Luna who actually gets to fire off some magical beams before she too falls to the orb.

One could make the argument that not even Twilight stood a chance and had to run but the sheer idea that three alicorns were taken out by a plot device (again) and unicorn (with a broken horn too) just urks the hell out of me. It's easily the laziest part of the script for me. And hell, god forbid you actually stayed for the notion of an after credits scene as it's literally just Celestia flying across the screen almost as to mock me.

*sigh* ok, now that that's out of the way. On to my second big problem with the movie that I mention in the previous part. The lack of secondary characters.

Like... to put this in perspective for you, not even Starlight got a line here. Big Mac gets to say his patented "E'yup" but that about does it. The CMCs don't get lines, Zecora doesn't get a line, Shinning Armor and Flurry aren't even there, and Discord got nothing but a balloon easter egg of sorts. I know the focus had to be on the new characters that they got big name celebs in for but these are characters that have been not only main stays, but downright important to the show. To see them all not get anything was incredibly off putting. Discord I can half understand because, again, "we can't write for powerful characters" and what not (hell I almost wish they took out Luna and the others too to save them the embarrassment) but they couldn't even give the CMCs anything beyond a few shots in the background? Come on.

Anyways, that's really all I have to say in terms of cons here. The rest of the movie is pretty damn good in my book. The new locations are pretty great to see and even introduce some new creatures into the world (of which I hope the show brings in at some point). Like we got a shark guy, hippogriffs, and everything else under the creative moon here... except Batponies... like what's Hasbro's deal with them anyway?

One of the things that I originally was caught off guard by was one of the later events in the movie where we actually see Twilight mess up. This may not be that big of a deal for some but the show has downright been playing her close to a marry sue lately and to see her just fuck everything up towards the end was probably the most interesting moments of the movie for me. Like, it even causes a rift between her and her friends which, I think, is a true first for this series. You even have Pinkie telling her off which just made for such an interesting (and quite well done) scene. Good stuff.

Another quick little moment that threw me a bit for a loop was during the whole takeover scene. Just as Twilight is about to get the stone treatment, Derpy of all characters swoops in to push her out of the way. She even gets a line with it. Like, that was a bit of a weird nod to the fandom. Plus, they don't really bring it up again save for one scene at the end showing her get un-stoned.

And one last thing I'll also add is that Storm King gets fucking reckt at the end of this. Like, we thought seeing Sombra's horn fly past the screen at the end of the season 3 opener was up there in terms of "you know, for kids!" moments. Nah man, they use that pg rating and have his stone ass bust on screen. Though, one thing I'm now remembering is that we never really get to see what happens with Grubber (Tempest's little henchmen). Like, I guess he just peace's out during that final act or I missed something.

But yeah, that just about does it for me. I could be here all night typing about each moment of the film but I'm pretty sure no one wants that (or will even read this far into the post XD). I'll just leave things here. It's a good film. Has some problems to be certain, but I still enjoyed it.

Also, Spike was actually useful and not just a comedic element here... for the most part anyway... Just thought I'd add this in too.

... this might just be my longest post on here, ever... figured it be for the mlp movie tho

Saw the movie a couple hours ago and... yeah, not great, as I expected. Very mediocre and a far cry from how good the series used to be. The animation was pretty.... eh, not great. It's more fluid than the show, sure, but it somehow looks far worse, outside of some of the flashy special effects. The story had quite a few problems (where tf is discord????), and a lot of the problems Twilight is worried about, she's already been through multiple times. The villains were interesting, and it was kinda cool seeing lands far outside of equestria (and that Equestria being the only place that seems to be sunshine and rainbows was certainly something I liked), but more often then not, I just found myself saying "eh" to most of the movie. It's not egregiously awful or anything, but I feel like if this had been made during the first 3 season, it would've turned out far better than it did.

Warning: This review is pretty harsh on the movie, but at the same time, it's actually one of the most hilarious ones that Double Toasted has ever done.

Spoiler

Korey Goodwin's description of this as the worst Kingdom Hearts game ever along with the Disney movie comparisons and Girts's description of the ponies/Spike at the end were really funny.

Also, it's current standing at a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes right now

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/my_little_pony_the_movie_2017

Oh boy, I'm pretty sure a lot of people can relate to the moral of this episode. I really felt bad for Twilight here. Yes, she bit off more than she could chew, but she has a habit of ignoring her own well-being and I'm glad that Cadence brought her to her senses. That talk she had with Twilight was the best scene in the episode.

It's great to see Iron Will make a return. No doubt he was a lot more nasty than the last time we saw him. I gotta give him credit for both his escape and realizing his own "money back guarantee" mistake he made the last time as I thought it was clever on his part. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

I have to say, I love Twilight's parent's especially her mom. The whole bit with her and extreme sports was hilarious.

I really didn't care for Startracker though. He was both cringey and creepy.

I'm a guy who has never really been a fan of this franchise before. I've only seen two episodes of the show, and they were early episodes (one about Pinkie cloning herself, another about one of the little ponies' cousins from out of town coming to visit. Something apple, bad apple, whatever). So, one of my friends who does like the show decided he was gonna go see it; We all dogpiled on the chance to go see the movie ironically, kinda how somebody would go see The Emoji Movie. For kicks, in other words, to see how many people we could actually get to agree to go in the first place, and who could tolerate the movie the longest without walking out. We had a "no phone challenge" to see who could go the longest without ignoring the movie.

Color me surprised to say that I didn't think that the thing was actually all that bad. I think I liked it a great deal more than the reviewers seemed to have (IGN gave it a score lower than The Emoji Movie, but it's lolIGN, and few people around these parts care what they think). The little opening cartoon before the movie was pretty cool. But yeah, it was fairly okay. I think I'm alright with parting with $9 to have seen the film. It was certainly really happy and colorful and in a lot of parts, which is a breath of fresh air in this day and age.

A friend of mine pointed out a lot of issues with it; Namely that Discord could've just waltzed in and saved everything, but I mean, hey. I didn't know that while watching, so I suppose I'm alright.

Hey, Iron Will is a bit manipulative and aggressive but it could be worse.

Like...oh yeah, the rest of the season has leaked. Watching the two-parter now. 

9 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Also, it's current standing at a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes right now

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/my_little_pony_the_movie_2017

Meeeh, it's more or less what I was expecting to be honest: mixed reception. People who are fans of the show will like it, but anyone who either fell out long ago, or anyone who weren't fans in the first place might not like it.

Personally I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in it, but at the same time I'm not really passionate about My Little Pony as I used to be otherwise I'd be heading over to the theater on day one. Watching the trailers, and some of the reviews, it looks like it has a lot of stuff that kinda drove me away from the show in the first place.

I think when it comes out on Netflix, I'll give it a watch.

So I'm going to keep this post about this week's episode short because damn if I didn't type myself out of pony last night.

This episode had an interesting premise. Having the whole Sparkle family on a vacation was neat to see though I wasn't all that keen on the entire "tricked work" add-on to it. I think this episode could've been amazing if they had stuck to a simple family outing but instead it followed the tired old "main character isn't looking out for themselves" plotline. Not to say that the execution was that bad, it's just that I felt this could've been the opportunity to really flesh out that family dynamic. Especially with the Crystal Empire crew who we rarely get to see outside of big events. Instead, we get another episode of Twilight having to live up to her new role of being a princess. Also, that Twilight fan pony was cringe af. I know that's what they were going for with him and he meant well, but damn man. XD

Movie Spoiler Below:

Spoiler

Another thing though, I will say that it was... really odd seeing a mad Twilight two times in a row. The movie brings her to that point too and it's a trait of her character I thought was long forgotten after season 1. Kinda neat and I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of it.

So yeah, overall a pretty standard episode that could've been so much more. It was nice to see Iron Will again though, but I don't know how Twilight knew who he was because she wasn't in the original episode if I recall correctly but eh. That little dive he does off the Zeppelin got a laugh out of me so whatever.

Saw the movie myself last night and very much enjoyed it. It's the show's quality everything blown up to a theatrical scale and the new characters and world-building were wonderful. (Definitely made me interested in picking up the prequel comic for a little more background on some of them.) I think my favorite of the songs were Capper's, Rainbow's, and Tempest's. Only thing I would've added was a little more chance for Flutts and AJ to shine, as they felt kind of...there for the most part aside from a nice joke or two. Also...

Tempest's reveal before the credits was fantastic. :lol:

This week’s episode is Once Upon a Zeppelin.

And I’m kinda on the fence with this one. Middle of the road.

It was nice to see Twilight’s parents getting involved and seeing a bit of character out of them along with the surprise of Iron Will and with new locations on the airship and Neighagra Falls.

While it was nice seeing him again, I’m not too keen about making Iron Will into somewhat an antagonist/’villain’ in sense as his first appearance was just him making an honest bit in Putting Your Hoof Down and it was mainly Fluttershy’s fault for taking his assertive lessons to the extreme. Also, it does seem something Flim Flam Bros would do, but I guess given the number of times they appeared on the show it would have been redundant. Still would rather see Iron in a positive light than a shoehorned antagonist.

I do like the premise of Twilight and family on a family outing and simplistic as that may sound it would have flesh out and developed the parents and the royal couple more. So I wasn’t that thrilled with the whole trickery aspect by Iron Will and rather trapping Twilight in the tiresome trope of main character sacrificing their time as others enjoy themselves, not giving themselves a break. It ends up just being about Twilight and her princesshood (AGAIN) more so than building up and exploring family dynamics.

Also, I didn’t care for Star Tracker, the cringe inducing creep.

So this episode felt rather run of the mill yet somewhat disappointing that it wasn't centered/focused on the family more.

Hey, bit of a heads up everyone. A lot of assets from the show (including the rest of the episodes for this season) have been leaked. I'm not going to post a link to it all here (as I'm pretty sure that's against the rules and we all know of Hasbro's wide reaching hammer) but I can confirm it's out there. Like... I think even the full movie was in there. One has to wonder who had all this information in a single file? Luckily, none of season 8 seems to be in these files so that's still spoiler free.

Though, one interesting thing that seems to have come out too is the show bible. Of course it's all from pre-development so there's stuff in there that was outdated even by the end of the first episode but it's still an interesting read. It's nice to see Faust's original ideas for the show. I could share the link to it directly through pm for those interested and not wanting to dive through spoilers (as to not leave it out in the open) but it's also easily accessible with the right knowledge of a particularly well known site for leaks and other internet material.

i watched the episode for this weekend and i quite enjoyed it tbh. i found twilight's parents very funny and the plot of the episode was funny. startracker was a little creepy but.. i could see where they were going with it. flurryheart also made a cameo in the episode which is always good, i love her character (unpopular opinion i guess). overall i enjoyed the episode though and i laughed quite a few times at the jokes in the show. i'm also glad iron will made another appearance, it's been ages since we've seen him. didn't he last appear when trying to make flutters more assertive? that was...awhile ago, dang.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that you please tag your spoilers. i am trying to watch the episodes weekly and not watch them leaked. thank you!

So yesterday in a status, I commented on the fact that the more fundie right wing of the MLP base were getting their panties in a twist over a book that said that Scootaloo lived with her two aunts (where's it not explicit what relationship the two aunts have with each other).

Since then, it's been confirmed that they are in fact a lesbian couple. Good on MLP for taking that step, hopefully they'll show up in the show sometime and not be relegated to a small book series. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 10/6/2017 at 7:09 PM, Strickerx5 said:

In terms of the story, well... to tip toe around some things for a bit this is where some of the movie didn't follow through for me. To put it simply, it is your very generic adventure story. If you saw the trailer, you basically can already piece together pretty much exactly what's happening here. There was really only one instance of the movie surprising me and I think that's more because of how use I got to something from the show than anything (more on that later).

But yeah, that just about does it in terms of no spoilers. Overall, I'd recommend seeing it. It got a number of laughs out of me (and the crowd to) and, though I do have some shortcoming with it, I have to say that I enjoyed it. If you're a fan of the show you'll have a good time and if you're someone who fell off for a bit, this may be right up your alley as it's a bit of a departure from the current show style (in a good way I'd say). Though, can I recommend this to someone who has never watched the show or downright hates it? Eh, probably not. I mean they may find joy in the animation (we just don't get movie quality 2D animation like this anymore) or the score but beyond that... it's still mlp. There's still a lot of stuff in there that you've had to see in the show to really get into it. If you want to get someone into the show, the first 2 seasons are still the best way to do it if you ask me. Though, this is a good showing for the series, nonetheless.

Now... to go into even more detail about certain things.

Hide contents

Another quick little moment that threw me a bit for a loop was during the whole takeover scene. Just as Twilight is about to get the stone treatment, Derpy of all characters swoops in to push her out of the way. She even gets a line with it. Like, that was a bit of a weird nod to the fandom. Plus, they don't really bring it up again save for one scene at the end showing her get un-stoned.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree from what I've seen.

As for the spoiler, I didn't even notice that detail but now that moment makes a little more sense.

On 10/7/2017 at 3:36 PM, VEDJ-F said:

Like...oh yeah, the rest of the season has leaked. Watching the two-parter now. 

Yeah, I saw that the finale had leaked and now I'm planning on watching the stuff after today's episode.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, VEDJ-F said:

So yesterday in a status, I commented on the fact that the more fundie right wing of the MLP base were getting their panties in a twist over a book that said that Scootaloo lived with her two aunts (where's it not explicit what relationship the two aunts have with each other).

Since then, it's been confirmed that they are in fact a lesbian couple. Good on MLP for taking that step, hopefully they'll show up in the show sometime and not be relegated to a small book series. 

Really now? I know a lot of people was wondering if they'd ever get around to doing anything with her backstory wise and I guess we know why they haven't now.