Awoo.

My Little Pony's Justice 2 - Official MLP Thread v2

Sean

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Honestly, I thought Season 8 was meant to be the last one.

What the heck are they gonna do?

That right there is why I think it's good that the series ending since I don't really see what they can do with it that won't feel like vain attempts at keeping ratings.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Honestly, I thought Season 8 was meant to be the last one.

What the heck are they gonna do?

give Luna and Celestia some episodes and have them deal with a threat themselves for fucking once plz

Anyways, like RedFox said, I am glad they're ending things here because of that. The series has had to take on quite a number of new plot points just to keep going so I'm personally hoping for a simple "slice of life" season to wind things down (beyond at least finishing up Chrysalis's arc though).

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

give Luna and Celestia some episodes and have them deal with a threat themselves for fucking once plz

And maybe give Diamond Tiara and Silver spoon an episode. 

So the rumors were true. I'm going to miss looking forward to seeing new episodes of the show, but it was a fun ride and I will have fond memories of watching it and discussing it with other people. I've met some amazing people thanks to MLP.

17 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

That right there is why I think it's good that the series ending since I don't really see what they can do with it that won't feel like vain attempts at keeping ratings.

Or top/"top" what's already happened over eight seasons.

16 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Anyways, like RedFox said, I am glad they're ending things here because of that. The series has had to take on quite a number of new plot points just to keep going so I'm personally hoping for a simple "slice of life" season to wind things down (beyond at least finishing up Chrysalis's arc though).

I suppose there's truth there.

Hm...perhaps it'd help to have a list of plot points that could potentially be covered. 

16 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

And maybe give Diamond Tiara and Silver spoon an episode. 

Yeah, notable recurring characters like them, Sunburst, Shining Armor, and Snips & Snails could really use some of these last bits of spotlight.

im really sad season 9 is gonna be the last one. ive grown attached to these characters. to this show. ive been watching this since middle school for hecks sake. im really gonna miss it.

It's better to have a nice show end after 9 seasons than having it being dragged off and become soulless for 30 seasons like The Simpsons, IMO.

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

It's better to have a nice show end after 9 seasons than having it being dragged off and become soulless for 30 seasons like The Simpsons, IMO.

Amen to that.

With that said: stopping just one season from full 10 seasons for full 10 years. AM I the only one with OCD bothered by this?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Amen to that.

With that said: stopping just one season from full 10 seasons for full 10 years. AM I the only one with OCD bothered by this?

I know it's a joke, but it's probably for the best tho. I mean from what I can gather: for a good chunk of the fanbase the show has been losing a lot of steam and it seems quite a lot of people disliked S8.

IMO, season 8 was... meh. It had its moments, but I didn't feel passionate about it. I really loved seasons 1-4, 5 was still cool, but then, the show began to lose some steam and was running in circles, trying to find new plot points, but it didn't always work. The movie was OK though.

Well then... first footage of the season and they're already throwing us curve balls

Spoiler

Seriously, I thought Chrysalis was a safe bet for season villain but it looks like Sombra's going in for at least the opener. Excited to see more, especially considering how one note his character was way back in season 3. Hopefully they can improve on that.

1 hour ago, Strickerx5 said:

Well then... first footage of the season and they're already throwing us curve balls

Hide contents

Seriously, I thought Chrysalis was a safe bet for season villain but it looks like Sombra's going in for at least the opener. Excited to see more, especially considering how one note his character was way back in season 3. Hopefully they can improve on that.

And they have Season 5 and the comics to reference for advice too.

Finally! Nothing against people who like this show, but I was getting so sick and tired in see them everywhere on the internet. Also, I don't regard this show as the best-animated show that was ever created. It is a good show, I watched some of the episodes and they are... well, good, but not groundbreaking masterpieces. 

Even though I'm still horribly behind on this show (Just started Season 7), I went ahead and watched the trailer...

Spoiler

I can't believe the Chaos Emeralds Elements of Harmony are f--king dead. I applauded the show for writing them out in Season 4 so the Mane 6 can no longer fall back on them every time a villain shows up (They learned to rely on themselves and each other instead of material crutches, which is a very good moral), but I wasn't expecting the Tree of Harmony to flat-out be destroyed.

And YEAH, Sombra's back!

So guess what other pony like product comes back just in time for FiM's conclusion this year?

Spoiler

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/03/filly-funtasia-arises-from-its-grave.html

Well, at least, it's starting with unfamiliar new faces than just rehashing the current cast for next gen. Looking at you, G5.

Boy, what a coinky dink. Not to mention Nickelodeon/Nick Jr has a show entitle Corn and Peg with pony protag's too.

Spoiler

Ugh, those teeth and stubby legs! *Induces vomiting.

Cashing in when FiM hype is low, not much of a surprise though.

3 hours ago, AdventChild said:

So guess what other pony like product comes back just in time for FiM's conclusion this year?

Hide contents

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/03/filly-funtasia-arises-from-its-grave.html

Well, at least, it's starting with unfamiliar new faces than just rehashing the current cast for next gen. Looking at you, G5.

Boy, what a coinky dink. Not to mention Nickelodeon/Nick Jr has a show entitle Corn and Peg with pony protag's too.

Hide contents

Ugh, those teeth and stubby legs! *Induces vomiting.

Cashing in when FiM hype is low, not much of a surprise though.

What is that now?

On 3/2/2019 at 10:29 PM, Kiggy Queen said:

I second this^

Also, I found it.

Looks like we have a confirmed date, April 6th for the premiere, plus a new trailer.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/my-little-pony-sets-final-season-discovery-family-1193235?utm_source=twitter

Spoiler

Celestia and Luna retiring and handing over rule to the Mane cast? Eh doubt it'll last that long esp. with getting rid of fan favorites as them.

4 hours ago, AdventChild said:

Celestia

and Luna retiring and handing over rule to the Mane cast? Eh doubt it'll last that long esp. with getting rid of fan favorites as them.

Sad thing is that when I reached that part I was kind of thinking "wow, most of the time a crisis happened in the show you guys have been useful. It even spreads to the EQGverse".