• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amenably

• Tani Coyote

• Tenko

• comic321

Probably Shadow. I mean in Sonic '06 it was shown that if he removes those... ring... bracelet... thingies... (yeah IDK WTF they're called) from his wrists he unleashes a lot more power. They're there to control him.

With the exclusion of this then Sonic. Because he's Sonic.

It's canonically Shadow taking those Exhibitor Rings into account, y'know, the bangles on his wrists. Once he removes them, whoever just got on his bad side to make him do that is doomed as hell.

Hmm. It's a tough one.

Shadow has the ability to lift buses with one hand, so he's clearly good in the physical strength department. He's fairly fast, even if it's uncertain how much is physical and how much is his shoes. Then you have his wide range of chaos abilities... not to mention his immunity to disease and age. He will outlive everyone else by a long shot barring a lethal injury I think.

Silver'd be a good contender given his wide range of powers, of course. While SEGA cheated us out it in gameplay, it's shown he can go incredibly fast if he uses his energy to propel himself, and psychokinesis is incredibly lethal in the wrong hands. Whereas someone like Shadow has to get close to you, Silver could make all your internal organs explode if he focused enough. We should be happy he's fairly airheaded - he'd be downright scary as a supervillain.

Current or latent? You do have to take into account that Shadow concedes he thinks Sonic is the "Ultimate Lifeform" during the battle with Final Hazard, tho some don't take those statements as cannon for whatever reason. And then you also have Shadow acting legitimately shocked when he finds out Sonic used Chaos Control with a fake Chaos Emerald. So Sonic's latent "hidden" power in the Adventure era does seem rather powerful.

At the risk of making him potentially OP, I always liked to imagine Sonic has the capability within him to greatly increase his powers to well beyond Shadow and the like's. Maybe not all the way to Godhood, but his ability to use Chaos energy inclines me to think he could be fairly powerful indeed.

That said, it's purely potential. Barring a little Chaos Control or Sonic Wind here to even the odds I don't think he's inclined to use such powers. I always liked to imagine he'd find being powerful to be rather boring, given that it'd remove a lot of the challenge. He tackles a lot of things like a video game, so it's no surprise that he basically has himself on permanent Very Hard mode by refusing to look into increasing his power.

At least, that's what I always figured. Sure, he could probably floor Shadow in terms of Chaos power with enough practice... but where'd the fun be if he could just demolish everyone? He could also surely find some way to tap said power to acquire immortality... but based on Black Knight's story, that would remove all the motivation to enjoy life to the fullest. And so on.

I want to say Sonic, because I mean, Its his series, ya know. The Original Should be the strongest. Then again, I want to say Silver because both in the games & comics, he has shown how powerful  his Telekinesis is. 

lets see:

Sonic - chaos control, has acrobatic moves, can run super fast, turn super

Shadow - chaos control (with one emerald), chaos blast, paralyze with chaos spear, stop time, teleport, has acrobatic moves, can skate super fast, turn super, drive cars, operate weapons, can hover with his shoes

Silver - chaos control, fly, has physcic powers, can paralyze with his powers, can read minds, turn super, use powers to boost, teleport

Amy- swings a hammer

which is one more powerful?? Shadow.

I think actually trying to compare the various hedgehogs in the franchise is largely impossible.

Far too many games have applied reality distortion fields to the characters, making them arbitrarily, as weak, or as strong as the plot demanded in that particular instance.

Shadow in his own game is way more powerful and can do a whole lot more than he could in SA2. There is no real reason given for this, almost ridiculous power-up. In SA2, all he could do was skate fast and do everything Sonic could do (including Chaos Control, towards the end). In Shadow, suddenly, he could generate small thermonuclear explosions, pick up buses, randomly fly forwards at insane speeds for 15 seconds. Suddenly, he got chaos spears and all that shit.

Silver has been the most inconsistent. His psychokinetic powers can do as little or as much as the plot or gameplay demands. In cutscenes Silver is hugely OP and is capable of doing ridiculous shit. In-game he's much less powerful.

Sonic is the base hedgehog. He doesn't necessarily have any special moves (unless you count Sonic Wind from SA2:B multiplayer. But he has indestructible plot armour and is arguably the most proficient with his Super form, being capable of apparently granting his power to other people (doing it on two separate occasions), when no other character has been shown capable of doing so.

The biggest problem I have with choosing "The most powerful hedgehog", is that there are no clear boundaries. Nobody, be it through plot or otherwise, has bothered to explain the powers and limitations of each character. They arbitrarily add and remove abilities as they see fit, so its impossible to really compare.

I think Sonic, Shadow and Silver all are equally powerful. 

I also think that Sonic and Shadow literally have the same exact physical and chaos abilities/potential, but Sonic leans more toward the physical abilities (AKA his speed) and Shadow leans more toward his Chaos abilities (Chaos Control). But there is the fact that Sonic's powers are uninhibited and thus, he can use as much power as he wants without any ill effects. Unlike Shadow, who needs to wear the Inhibitor Rings to contain his powers or he'll fatigue himself quickly and knock himself out or even kill himself, I don't know. But if you think about that and how Chaos Energy (should) work, then Shadow having his rings on should make his Chaos Energy he uses constantly building up pressure and getting more and more erratic and destructive inside of him, wanting to "escape". So when he releases the energy, whether through Spears or Blasts, it appears very powerful and destructive. Sonic on the other hand, has his energy free of restraints, so his powers aren't constantly building up inside of him wanting to be set free, because it IS free. The only times Sonic every lets his energy build up inside him is when he's collecting extra energy to use his Sonic Boost. Although the way Sonic uses his powers as well as how he uses any other energy he uses implies that Sonic might be ONE with his energy.  Like, Sonic IS Chaos Energy, and when he uses it, he moves with it. The Chaos Energy inside Sonic is bonded to his very being, and so he doesn't usually release the energy the way Shadow does, but instead he uses it to strengthen his physical attacks (Ex: His "Somersault" kick in Lost World 3DS was empowered by Chaos Energy, so it caused the added force of the kick to send the air forward as a Blade of Wind with the power equivalent of a Chaos Spear). Silver, the way I see it, is like Sonic and Shadow fused together in such a way, that all the similarities they share basically countered each other, and led to something completely different that counters both Sonic's speed and freedom and Shadow's chaos and inhibitions. The source of Silver's powers, I think, is [if you were to believe that Silver is Shadow's descendent/son and Sonic's reincarnation] is the Hive-Mind that Shadow shares with the Black Arms, and maybe even the "Time" energy that Sonic has interacted with (The Time Stones and the Time Eater, and I believe that "Time Stop" and Time Break came from them) becoming empowered by Sonic/Shadow's Chaos Energy in such a way that it lead to it evolving into Silver's powerful psychokinetic ability. 

Because of the factors I described, Sonic, Shadow and Silver should all be equal in power. 

Without PIS, which hedgehog is stronger in general.

If you could more description in your opening post as well as your own insight on your question, that'd be uber fantastic dude. Thanks!

Sonic the Hedgehog and Scourge the Hedgehog

Also if you could go indepth as well that'd be rad, since that's extremely spammy at the moment. Thanks~

Current or latent? You do have to take into account that Shadow concedes he thinks Sonic is the "Ultimate Lifeform" during the battle with Final Hazard, tho some don't take those statements as cannon for whatever reason. And then you also have Shadow acting legitimately shocked when he finds out Sonic used Chaos Control with a fake Chaos Emerald. So Sonic's latent "hidden" power in the Adventure era does seem rather powerful.

I;d like to go by feats and actual powerset first, without hyperbole basically. Shadow IMO is stronger than sonic due to more abilities shown outside of powerups and cannon skills.

I;d like to go by feats and actual powerset first, without hyperbole basically. Shadow IMO is stronger than Shadow due to more abilities shown outside of powerups and cannon skills.

Shadow's more powerful than Shadow, oh snap :P

Just check your spelling brah.

In terms of the topic, its really hard to say, but since we're going by feats as you said. Sonic, because he's had the longest amounts of feats and tends to have the biggest impact on things that happen within the series.

I also think that Sonic and Shadow literally have the same exact physical and chaos abilities/potential, but Sonic leans more toward the physical abilities (AKA his speed) and Shadow leans more toward his Chaos abilities (Chaos Control). But there is the fact that Sonic's powers are uninhibited and thus, he can use as much power as he wants without any ill effects. Unlike Shadow, who needs to wear the Inhibitor Rings to contain his powers or he'll fatigue himself quickly and knock himself out or even kill himself, I don't know. But if you think about that and how Chaos Energy (should) work, then Shadow having his rings on should make his Chaos Energy he uses constantly building up pressure and getting more and more erratic and destructive inside of him, wanting to "escape". So when he releases the energy, whether through Spears or Blasts, it appears very powerful and destructive. Sonic on the other hand, has his energy free of restraints, so his powers aren't constantly building up inside of him wanting to be set free, because it IS free. The only times Sonic every lets his energy build up inside him is when he's collecting extra energy to use his Sonic Boost. Although the way Sonic uses his powers as well as how he uses any other energy he uses implies that Sonic might be ONE with his energy. Like, Sonic IS Chaos Energy, and when he uses it, he moves with it. The Chaos Energy inside Sonic is bonded to his very being, and so he doesn't usually release the energy the way Shadow does, but instead he uses it to strengthen his physical attacks (Ex: His "Somersault" kick in Lost World 3DS was empowered by Chaos Energy, so it caused the added force of the kick to send the air forward as a Blade of Wind with the power equivalent of a Chaos Spear). Silver, the way I see it, is like Sonic and Shadow fused together in such a way, that all the similarities they share basically countered each other, and led to something completely different that counters both Sonic's speed and freedom and Shadow's chaos and inhibitions. The source of Silver's powers, I think, is [if you were to believe that Silver is Shadow's descendent/son and Sonic's reincarnation] is the Hive-Mind that Shadow shares with the Black Arms, and maybe even the "Time" energy that Sonic has interacted with (The Time Stones and the Time Eater, and I believe that "Time Stop" and Time Break came from them) becoming empowered by Sonic/Shadow's Chaos Energy in such a way that it lead to it evolving into Silver's powerful psychokinetic ability.

Because of the factors I described, Sonic, Shadow and Silver should all be equal in power.

You make it sound like Sonic, Shadow, and Silver are living Chaos Emeralds when they are obviously not. Only the Emeralds (and fake Emeralds) produce and emit Chaos energy. Characters have only been shown to harness this energy, no character has ever been shown to even be able to store it in themselves - which would contradict how it is impossible to use things like Super transformation or even just Chaos Control without Emeralds anyway.

I also think that Sonic and Shadow literally have the same exact physical and chaos abilities/potential, but Sonic leans more toward the physical abilities (AKA his speed) and Shadow leans more toward his Chaos abilities (Chaos Control). But there is the fact that Sonic's powers are uninhibited and thus, he can use as much power as he wants without any ill effects. Unlike Shadow, who needs to wear the Inhibitor Rings to contain his powers or he'll fatigue himself quickly and knock himself out or even kill himself, I don't know. But if you think about that and how Chaos Energy (should) work, then Shadow having his rings on should make his Chaos Energy he uses constantly building up pressure and getting more and more erratic and destructive inside of him, wanting to "escape". So when he releases the energy, whether through Spears or Blasts, it appears very powerful and destructive. Sonic on the other hand, has his energy free of restraints, so his powers aren't constantly building up inside of him wanting to be set free, because it IS free. The only times Sonic every lets his energy build up inside him is when he's collecting extra energy to use his Sonic Boost. Although the way Sonic uses his powers as well as how he uses any other energy he uses implies that Sonic might be ONE with his energy.  Like, Sonic IS Chaos Energy, and when he uses it, he moves with it. The Chaos Energy inside Sonic is bonded to his very being, and so he doesn't usually release the energy the way Shadow does, but instead he uses it to strengthen his physical attacks (Ex: His "Somersault" kick in Lost World 3DS was empowered by Chaos Energy, so it caused the added force of the kick to send the air forward as a Blade of Wind with the power equivalent of a Chaos Spear). Silver, the way I see it, is like Sonic and Shadow fused together in such a way, that all the similarities they share basically countered each other, and led to something completely different that counters both Sonic's speed and freedom and Shadow's chaos and inhibitions. The source of Silver's powers, I think, is [if you were to believe that Silver is Shadow's descendent/son and Sonic's reincarnation] is the Hive-Mind that Shadow shares with the Black Arms, and maybe even the "Time" energy that Sonic has interacted with (The Time Stones and the Time Eater, and I believe that "Time Stop" and Time Break came from them) becoming empowered by Sonic/Shadow's Chaos Energy in such a way that it lead to it evolving into Silver's powerful psychokinetic ability. 

The bolded never happened in the games, so it's a non factor. Shadow can use his unleashed power in the game series without being weakend until proven otherwise.

The bolded never happened in the games, so it's a non factor. Shadow can use his unleashed power in the game series without being weakend until proven otherwise.

Which goes to show just how terrible a design idea that is. 

Also technically, when those powers are used by the player in the Shadow game... they wear off leaving him suspect to harm and relying on weapons so...