Awoo.

Sega 2014 Plans Topic (page 13) "A-Ran outta here!"

Badnik Mechanic

I'm sure they will show images and a small teaser trailer at San Diego Comic Con for Sonic Boom. It's the perfect place to reveal more about the tv show, after all it is coming out later this year.

As for SoS and Sonic Boom I really, really hope that the event is announced much sooner than last year. I was very disappointed because not only did the date clash with my trip to Spain but also the costs for train tickets and hotel bookings was much dearer by then. I don't want to miss out on SoS for a third year in a row. =[

I'm hoping for earlier announcements for them too. Watching last year's on the stream got me interested in actually considering going, although I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing as the last convention I went to [MCM Expo] I hardly did anything.

International SEGA Trolling Day. Aka Hedgehog Day.

Red herring.

Oi vey I remember that. The number of times that Sonic Adventure 3 entered theory equations was overwhelming at best.

Toy Fair London is now sold out... so I went through the exhibitor list... heres the details.

1: Sega, Jazwares, Mi-Pri, NKOK,  do not NOT have a booths.

2: Meccano does have a booth (might finally get news of the ASRT toys) (There will be very heavy photo restrictions here).

3: Underground Toys have a booth (Maybe those ugly sega plushies will be back)

And thats about it.

So unless someone bought a Sonic/Sega license at Brand Licensing Europe, London toy fair looks like it might be a tad dry this year.

Jazwares do have a rather large booth at new york toy fair.

Speaking of which, Traveller's Tales. It would be cool if Sega approached them to do a new Sonic game. I mean the developers do have a history with Sega, they assisted them with a couple of the Genesis/Saturn-era Sonic spinoffs (both Genesis and Saturn versions of 3D Blast as well as Sonic R).

...yeah, I just want to see someone other than Sonic Team (though I would like to see another solo attempt by the Unleashed team-I'm currently hoping that's what the third Wii U exclusive Sonic game is) or Dimps take a crack at a Sonic game.

TT Games have come a long way since then, and have made a lot of good games. They also did something in the Super Monkey Ball franchise if I recall correctly.

TT Games have come a long way since then, and have made a lot of good games. They also did something in the Super Monkey Ball franchise if I recall correctly.

That game (Super Monkey Ball Adventure) was critically panned.

Also I just read that TT Games hasn't made a non-Lego game since 2009, so I guess they can be shot down as a possible developer, as it looks like we won't see them (or they won't be free to) make a non-Lego game anytime soon, let alone a Sonic game. >_>

Yeah, and considering that at least two main LEGO games come out per year, it seems that is all they do.

Regarding the Toy Fairs, is it possible that SEGA, Jazwares and the like are only focusing on the bigger stuff? I'm no expert on these Toy Fairs, but it does sound like the New York one is a lot bigger than the London one, which gives a bigger exposure.

New York is much larger, however it's also a sign of the markets.

Anything shown at London is almost certainly going to be release in the UK that year, the fact Jazwares are not there in any respect isn't a good sign at all especially since last year they were said to be expanding to the UK.

Theres also the german toy fair but I'm not sure when that is. Or if anyone can cover it.

If they're not releasing new stuff in the UK... that is DEFINITELY a bad sign. I was almost certain they'd be aggressively pushing Sonic Boom since it offers an opportunity to break out of the gamer demographic and widely expand SEGA's profit margins.

As for SoS and Sonic Boom I really, really hope that the event is announced much sooner than last year.

The former will be almost certainly. The SOS topic on this very forum has confirmation from the staff team that Summer of Sonic was getting tired of SEGA's inability to release things in a timely matter and more or less were going to go ahead with their announcement with or without SEGA.

So I can presume if SEGA once again sucks in scheduling this year, SoS will go ahead without them. Cutting the cord is sometimes a good thing.

And also, didn't the Summer of Sonic team announce the next one right after the previous one had finished on one occasion? I'm pretty sure they usually only wait for SEGA to sort the important parts before announcing it, but I could be wrong.

As for the Jazwares not showing in the London Toy Fair, that is bad. Unless they have a rather bigger announcement to make elsewhere...

As for SoS and Sonic Boom I really, really hope that the event is announced much sooner than last year. I was very disappointed because not only did the date clash with my trip to Spain but also the costs for train tickets and hotel bookings was much dearer by then. I don't want to miss out on SoS for a third year in a row. =[

Me too. I mean, I was hoping to go last year but messed up on the day the tickets were released. And in any case, since it was so late the flight prices were waaaaaay too expensive. I also have a wedding to go to this summer, so I really hope we hear of SoS 2014's date ASAP this year.

SEGA iOS news.

Looks like Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper is now out on iOS devices for $9.99. I haven't seen SEGA speak about this on their Facebook or blog, so this might be a 2014 iOS release that sadly goes without much of a reveal. Hooray for first SEGA iOS release of 2014?

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id703306240?mt=8

Rhythm Thief was a great little game that sadly went without much marketing and fanfare and kinda came and went under the radar. Seems history is repeating itself with the iOS release huh? :(

SEGA iOS news. 

Looks like Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper is now out on iOS devices for $9.99. I haven't seen SEGA speak about this on their Facebook or blog, so this might be a 2014 iOS release that sadly goes without much of a reveal. Hooray for first SEGA iOS release of 2014?

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id703306240?mt=8

SEGA have now announced it on their blog.

u8q5.jpg

"Join Raphael and his faithful canine companion Fondue as they investigate the mystery of his father’s strange disappearance. Tap to the beat through the streets of the City of Lights, gather clues and thwart enemies in this toe-tapping rhythmic adventure.

Featuring the addictive timing-focused gameplay from the 3DS release of Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure, Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper is a brand-new adventure that has been optimized for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with over 20 original songs, 50 new missions and new mini-games that will test players’ wits and timing.

Completing the final caper is just the beginning with a treasure trove of side-stories, limited-time special missions, daily challenges and over 100 accomplices to collect in pursuit of the perfect dancing troupe.

On sale today for $9.99 on the App Store, Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper promises good times for all with intuitive touch controls and progressively challenging missions in a world where music, mystery and style meet."

• Thumbs Up 1

Earlier in the day when I found it, SEGA didn't mention it on their blog. Glad to see that they eventually did mention it. 

To go to the conversation earlier today, how much Sonic X merch was shown off in the UK before it aired?

Actually, do we know when Sonic Boom will start airing in the UK? Cartoon Network has a tendency to withhold shows from us for a long time for no good reason.

But yes, it does looks like the regular stuff won't get any additions at the very least.

I wish LEGO would do a Sonic theme. They are doing The Simpsons, after all.

Well, LEGO might not do a Sonic line, but K'nex could. After all, they do have that Mario line (which is quite good I might add)

K'nex could have Sonic sets, minifigures, blind bags. That could work well, I think at least.

Actually, do we know when Sonic Boom will start airing in the UK? Cartoon Network has a tendency to withhold shows from us for a long time for no good reason.

Nah. We know that Boom will start airing in the US in Autumn, and presumably in France at the same time as that's the country of origin. Other locations would apparently be coming around later:

Sonic the Hedgehog... is returning to television in his first-ever CG animated series in the fall 2014. The action packed comedy series... will debut first on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France, with a global rollout to follow.

Well, LEGO might not do a Sonic line, but K'nex could. After all, they do have that Mario line (which is quite good I might add)

K'nex could have Sonic sets, minifigures, blind bags. That could work well, I think at least.

Knex brick quality is awful though. Their Family Guy sets don't even hold together apparently.

Knex brick quality is awful though. Their Family Guy sets don't even hold together apparently.

Oh, well if that's the case, then never mind. I only collect the Mario Minifigures, I have no sets/karts. But if K'nex had the Sonic license, the figures would be pretty good, I think.

Who knows, maybe LEGO has a surprise for us this year... probably not.

Only time will tell, When is the Toy Fair this year anyway?

I'm looking forward to the Shenmue postmortem interview with Yu Suzuki at GDC 2014 in March. Strange that Mark Cerney is doing the translating...but eh, more inside info into that game the better. Kinda crossing fingers and hoping for an HD Collection announcement to go with the interview since Sega have hinted at knowing fans want one in the past. Not counting my chickens tho :/

I also see Rythem Thief has been taken down from the iOS due to "bugs", must have been pretty bad to be taken down as there are plenty of buggy games on iOS, wonder what was wrong. Haven't had a chance to get it myself yet.

So according to the newest issue of Toys N Playthings.

Sega WILL be at London Toy Fair! Their stand is G46.

Now as for what's going to be on show, They mention the new Sonic pinball game from Sambro, Jazwares are also mentioned and I quote "new Sonic & Friends plush figure line" however, this is probably the accessories figures which got released a few months ago.

Though I found this line of interest 

"Sega has big plans for the toy range in 2014"

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A2n6uo/ToysnPlaythings/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Ffree.yudu.com%2Fitem%2Fdetails%2F1598120%2FToys-n-Playthings

Page 100.