Awoo.

Sega 2014 Plans Topic (page 13) "A-Ran outta here!"

Badnik Mechanic

At least this confirms that some of the future games will be on STEAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UedQh3PADjA

Well....

They got the characters right for a super monkey ball game I guess?

Yeah... No.

I'd love a Monkey Ball game, but this blatantly isn't that. It's a naff looking spin off. It's a shame the series sucked so much in its last outings.

Oh for Primus sake! Are IOS games just doomed to never capture the message and idea behind their respective franchises when they come from consoles to this!?

My God, I can't even watch more than a minute of that.

Completely ruined the franchise even more than SMB Adventures did.

Oh for Primus sake! Are IOS games just doomed to never capture the message and idea behind their respective franchises when they come from consoles to this!?

Theree are actually 2 (or 3) traditional smb games on ios and Android.

I'm surprised they didn't make a SA3 post

Echoing that the lack of SA3 is a surprise. But they do technically answer that every year at Boom, no?

Holy shit Sega... this is amazing!

BoY7jUnCEAA2jqE.jpg

Taken today at Momocon.

No Sonic Adventure 3?

Either this is fake or Sonic Adventure 3 is confirmed.

If Adventure 3 ever does get announced, I bet entire forums will explode.

Oh, not from hype at Adventure 3, but from the amount of people writing 'Adventure 3 confirmed! Half-Life 3 next to be confirmed!'

• Thumbs Up 1

So you know that Green Hill Zone desk you sometimes see at SOA?

This is all that remains....

854810911.jpg

http://twitpic.com/e4xkbj

Auction auction auction! My wallet is ready!

Always a bummer when SEGA removes awesome stuff, especially given the fact a lot it probably gets torched. Makes me feel ill.

Don't forget Half-Life 3, Gabe.

Counter-Strike co-creator already confirmed it, so we can't make the joke anymore...

Just found this new article with SEGA of America talking about their brands and licensing.

http://retail-merchandiser.com/index.php/reports/licensing-reports/1772-sega-of-america

I hate to be that guy, but I'm trying not to laugh at the games they're listing as having strong recognition. Shinobi, Golden Axe, etc. only really exist in terms of "yeah, that was pretty cool when I was a kid!" Sonic gets that reaction a lot too, but he does still maintain relevance beyond nostalgia. It's surprising when every review always brings up the bloody 90s, but he does.

It's not just SEGA America that has this perspective of only really caring about Sonic and the purchased IPs, either. SEGA Japan shut down SEGA Australia despite the latter's ambitious plan to revive the wider SEGA brand. SEGA as a whole has pretty much given up on non-Sonic SEGA titles.

Now, on this expansion of licensing... I'm hopeful that G.E. Animation will be licensed to produce plushes and such for Sonic Boom. They're friendly towards e-tailers, whereas many other suppliers are either hesitant or downright hostile.

You can rest assured any G.E. Boom products will be bought en masse by me.