Awoo.

Full language support?

Yoko/葉子

I have noticed that when, me, Jin, Ami/Nakuchin or any other member tries to type certain characters in Japanese, they are replaced with squares with question marks, can you guys fix this issue so that there are no unintentional language restrictions?

• Thumbs Up 1

We don't really need to since this board is foremost a full English language speaking board, so we don't have need for a language most can't read, so therefore it is not needed.

• Thumbs Up 7

What Soniko said. I enjoy helping someone out in need once in a while but this is still and will always be an English forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't that have to do with the language packs on your computer, not the board?

....Oh hi Chris

• Thumbs Up 1

I did, most of the characters work on this site, some did not.

Could you make a post with some of the characters that don't work? I've never noticed them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't since I'm on my phone, but for examples I know, if you try putting the kanji for "devil," the first symbol (aku) works, but the second (ma) comes up as squares. If you look on Sonikkuchan's/Ami's member title, it should show two squares with question marks. I tried typing Lime in katakana, but the "mu" symbol didn't work unless it was half-width katakana.

• Thumbs Up 1

へぇ、 このテキストを読める?   なんかこの方からランゲージパックがオーケーでよなっ。

• Thumbs Up 1