Awoo.

Hourly Comics Day 2014!

JezMM

I WANT to do more comics, but my flu symptoms are still lingering, so my head is all stuffed up and I can't think straight today... guh, this sucks.

Me and my brother finally beat Champion's Road after two hours of pitiful deaths.

8F68CRR.jpg

I'm proud of this even though it's quite shitty.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my god, I suck at art

HERE'S MY HOURLY COMIC!

*I'll add subtitles if you can't read my handwriting*

cVbCvvHh.jpg

Panel 1: "I wonder if this is a dino egg...

Panel 2: "Whatever you say mo-"

Panel 3: RAWR

B3YFgRw.jpg

Panel 1: "Dan! Shovel the snow!" Dan: "Kay"

Panel 4: "BTW, don't open the front door!"

*11 AM*

3hRXhc7.jpg

Panel one: "Playing boss battle on brawl"

LOFULy9.jpg

zuKKL57.jpg

vmkgXVY.jpg

Panel 3: "Add that to your Comic! - Mom" "EW! - Me"

BVdAJPo.jpg

Panel 1: Mind holding the books?" "Sure!"

Panel 2: Couple minutes later...

2sgFeVq.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Part 2 of my boring chronicles at home! :D

tumblr_n0ccsmR1nh1rammm1o1_1280.png

Subtitles:

2:00

Watch and listen to some bad creepypasta

Blood Whistle... OOOOOOOH spooky!

3:00

Nope, Nothing

Youtube Poop... Wow, the creator actually finds these funny

And when can I take off these glasses and hat? I look stupid!

4:00:

Tablets!

Man Being drawn in pencil is messy...

It's Tablet time!

Enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 5

Welp, guess it's time for me to unleash my entire Hourly Comics project at once again. It's in the spoilers tag again. Done in the same unbelievably lazy format as last year though the art is a bit more consistent this time and the jokes are a bit less lame. Enjoy! biggrin.png

hourly_comics_day_2014_by_weirdodude-d74

Oh and also I was sick for the entire week and still am so I thought I'd make that clear though I think I did make it pretty clear in the comic already. Looking forwards to next year. biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 9

There's some really good comics here! ^^

Well, I think it's time for mine now since it's almost 1AM here. Here's the first batch of comics that I did this afternoon! I'll post the others later, possibly tomorrow. I'll also put text below each pic so you can read along in case my handwriting is hard to read.

9slVpUA.png

Tssssss... Guess I won't be doing much today...

QvPvDxi.png

*munch munch* <- cereal Ugh! Still raining! (I'll get dressed)

kozcQk5.png

Just playin' Animal Crossing...*woosh* all done! Let's check SSMB! <- iPad

0XBznER.png

I'm pretty hungry now... Peanut butter and cucumber, yum! Aw yeah, Graham Norton! (I was watching it recorded mind you)

SSt8efL.png

Now Graham Norton is boring too... *sigh* oh what could possibly make this day better? {few minutes later} Tea!

• Thumbs Up 5

Well this was fast? I did vow to post whenever I filled out a page, so I guess this one counts?

I decided to try and make a one panel comic with my tablet for my 5:00 hour.... The result?

tumblr_n0cg6phzlS1rammm1o1_1280.png

Robrainiac: Oh God, Make it stop!

Yeaaaah, I think I'll stick to pencil and paper a little while longer.

• Thumbs Up 4

Heh, sorry I didnt do anymore, then again I have for the most part been watching Transformers prime and playing on my wii-u, so not that there is much to show

Alrighty! Here's the next batch. :3 and yes, I did wear a blue polka dot jumper today--er, yesterday.

NkAzZsG.png

Hmm...I'm going to my grandparents now for dinner. Obviously my iPad, maybe my 3DS! Oh...I'll take that too... <- the Uncanny, a book from Uni

pmcixRj.png

OMG...town was close to flooded! Maybe it's on BBC Spotlight!

Vi1qAYR.png

Terrible singer! No way they'll choose-- her... Wow! Amazing voice! WTF THE VOICE?!

N131GDy.png

Hmm... New Sonic game is cool n' all, but I'm not hyped. Oh! Time to go home, it's late.

RcmXxF8.png

Well, it's time for bed! Get my PJ's on, read a book and...oh right! I still need to read this! (I'm holding the Uncanny book)

DOtin2Z.jpg

(Well that was uneventful. It rained all day, I was stuck in all day and all I did was watch tv n' crap! Oh, and visit grandparents' house!) (But I suppose uneventful can be good sometimes. So I'll just read that bloody Uncanny book now...) *woosh* (Nah screw it! Where's the iPad? I'm gonna check some stuff on SSMB before I go to bed!) End of the Day <- Percy Pig hot water bottle

I really enjoyed doing this! I'm not great at comics, but after making these I wouldn't mind making lots more. If only Uni didn't get in the way so often...anyways, it was fun and I can't wait till next year's!

Btw, the comics look like they're cut out with scissors because...they are! I placed them on a white sheet of paper after cutting them out. Any comic panels I really like, I tend to cut out and put up on a wall, same goes for the little doodles I make.

• Thumbs Up 5

I've been doing very rough comics on paper but since I don't have a scanner, I pretty much have no choice but to redo them digitally. So as a result I probably won't be able to upload my batch until tomorrow or the following day. I'll be sure to read everyone's comics later, too.

• Thumbs Up 5

And here's my next two!

hourly3.png

Skilled Ratchets and Sackboys are the last two you every want to fight against if you're a Radec main in Playstations All-Stars. You can show your skills all you want, but unless you are on the top of your game, they aren't having any of your shit!

hourly4.png

Just had a slice of pizza from 900 degrees Woodfried Pizzeria. This was possibly the BEST pizza I've ever had in my life! How good, you ask? It was GODLY!

• Thumbs Up 6

Last batch from me!

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo1_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo2_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo3_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo4_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo5_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo6_1280.png

I lost some steam in terms of interesting things happening towards the evening but otherwise it's been another pretty fun ol' day this year.

(For any newcomers to my life the lady person who appears a lot is my wife Mollfie, and near the end I'm saying goodnight to all my deceased loved ones, it's my little way of making sure I think of them every day).

• Thumbs Up 9

Last batch from me!

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo1_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo2_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo3_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo4_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo5_1280.png

tumblr_n0cpuyTfu81s8insfo6_1280.png

I lost some steam in terms of interesting things happening towards the evening but otherwise it's been another pretty fun ol' day this year.

(For any newcomers to my life the lady person who appears a lot is my wife Mollfie, and near the end I'm saying goodnight to all my deceased loved ones, it's my little way of making sure I think of them every day).

nice one, sorry I didnt do anymore than to noon, but hey its something, really plan to get in more drawing practice though

From 6-8 PM today!

Also, despite the guest appearance of two other characters from Robrainiac’s series, this actually happened… I was listenting to music while playing some games, and since I was wearing my earphones, my parents were literally banging down my door to grab my attention.

tumblr_n0cstjzoCV1rammm1o1_1280.png

Subtitles:

6:00:

Phew Back to normal!

So, what's next today... Some games? Eh, I guess I- Wait a second? Video Games?

I hate my life Bring it on!

7:00

(Playing half life and listening to the scientists screaming weird.)

...The heck?

8:00

Robrainiac: (Still Playing games) One more hour to go.

The door bangs behind him

Minion: What is his highness doing in there?!

Hologram Chick: Whatever it is, it's probably stupid.

And now the FInale, in which Robrainiac's (And my) Day ends. For Robrainiac, it's time for bed, for me... well, It might as well be over. tongue.png

tumblr_n0ct04SBPJ1rammm1o1_1280.png

9:00:

YES! I'M DONE! (Crushes glasses)

So, pathetic Earthlings! As of right now, I shall destroy every single one of you who read-

...Ugh, you know what, I'm going to bed... Too many video games...

Extra:

Robrainiac: Andromeda, remind me to never do anything like that again.

Andromeda/Hologram Chick: Whatever it was, I'm not going to ask.

Aaaaaaaand, that's all folks!

That was a fun activity. Though to be honest, I think I kinda got bored near the end, what with me adding characters from my comic as stand ins for people in my family. Despite that, I liked making putting Robrainiac character in the rather boring day I had today.

Well, I'll see you guys next year! Hopefully it'll be a more eventful one than this year's. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

And here's my last one!

hourly5.png

Enjoying the good times... That's what really matters.

Phew! This was great! Overall, I had a lot of fun with this and it was great seeing what everyone put together here. If I'm able to participate next time, I'll be sure to keep the panels to a minimum to make it a little easier for me.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sorry I missed this I had to go to school. Yeah, you heard right. Saturday School. Too many snow days off. 

fml

I was slapped in the face with depression last night so lost motivation to draw, still wrote stuff down so will get around to doing the rest of my day later maybe.

I'll give it a good week for people who weren't able to complete theirs "in real time" to finish/post comics and then I'll make a little archive in the OP like last year.

If you have an art blog or deviantART or place you've posted all your comics in one place, feel free to let me know and I'll include it next to the links to the posts you did here.  Even if you've already posted your comics, feel free to edit it into an existing post since I'll be going through them all again to grab links to the posts/make preview banners for the OP archive.

If you don't post your comic until after the OP archive has been made, I'll still do my best to add you in as soon as I can.

Here's my last official batch for Hourly Comics Day: http://arundraws.tumblr.com/post/75379129868

Unfortunately, I cut out after 6PM because by then I was just losing steam and was going to run into the problem of making comics about comics and that's always a little dull and tedious. This was a really fun exercise, and if I really put some thought into it, I could've wrung out a little more out of what little material I gave myself to work with, but that's how it is I guess.

Oh well. Despite the fact that I did quit before the end of the day, I wrote down some notes to give the whole series a proper conclusion, so that should be up some time this week.

I only read a few of everyone else's comics, so I'll be sure to go back through this thread when I have a moment and read them all.