Awoo.

Sonics future

Rey Skywalker-Ren

they can help defeat the enimes in the games like when you go to pergress. but not the final boss monster in true story like al-layla-wa-layla or dark queen of that sort.

i liked how they helped Sonic with Metal Sonic in Sonic Heroes. I dont know I think that because hes main character and the most herotic, he has the power.

I can see your point here, and, actually, I agree with it to a certain extent. Sonic should have that power, but I'm not sure if he should be the only one who's able to make a difference. However, I am in agreement with you when you say that Sonic should get the proper focus afforded to him as the title character during the final boss fight. On the other hand, I think that the various other characters who work with him as allies should be able to affect the outcome. I believe that Sonic should be portrayed as a heroic, if not the most extraordinarily heroic, character we see in his games, but his allies can be just as heroic if they are given active roles in determining the plot's outcome. I think his allies are essentially useless if their involvement doesn't affect the trajectory of the story. Sure, Sonic should get the spotlight, yes, but his friends should be valuable characters in their own right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The bolded part is nothing more than an exaggeration.

Sonic is not always right in the Unleashed/Storybook era of writing and his foibles are actually brought-up and criticized by characters such as quite a number of Unleashed's NPC's (The fact that this isn't a factor in the cutscenes is still irrelevant to the point I'm making as non-story elements are equally credible regarding the manner in which a character is regarded by others), Shahra, Caliburn, Lancelot and Illusory Arthur. Sonic is so uptight even in SatBK that he continues blaming Caliburn for his own genuine ineptitude at swordsmanship and even voices the desire to just dump the sword there and then and quit in Misty Lake's Arthur battle.

Whatsmore, Sonic isn't the bastion of goody two-shoes incorruptible pure pureness as the detractors of his portrayals in these games make him out to be. This is a guy who did what he had to do with the utmost brutality regardless of the suffering of any poor fucker that got in his way, which he voices complete apathy about. This is evidenced by the way he savagely beats down Gaia's spawn, either mocking them all the way or voicing the view that they deserved it because they got in his way and how he deals with bosses throughout SatSR and SatBK in notably violent manners i.e Pulling Bemoth's horns out, slashing the Mist Dragon's horn off, beating seven shades out of Alf Layla Wa-Layla, crushing the Earth Dragon under a rock column, Annihilating Erazor in molten metal, attempting to slice Merlina cleanly in two for the mere 'crime' of expressing her despair at the Grand Kingdom's future etc.

Sonic may have pure intentions and a strong heart in those games but the actions he takes to reach them and live up to that and his attitude towards those who call him out are downright ruthless for the former and very much arrogant for the latter. Which shows that he isn't the one-dimensionally eternally right and pure character he's been labeled as in these specific games and factors into why Colours, Generations and to an extent Lost World are nowhere near as noteworthy as they're made out to be regarding the way they portrayed the character when previous games did it and usually far better.

Meh Mario and Kirby are much more ruthless than Sonic is in brutal methods to deal with their enemies, and their as pure and innocent as they come. Besides the story book series are non cannon. Sonic is always portrayed as a paragon of righteousness and a ideal of freedom, his villians instigate the threat of the world and Sonic's freedom so Sonic always never gets called on flaws pertaining to the wholeness of being free willed, positive, and almost all protective even towards people he doesn't know which characters are just stroking Sonic's goodness to extremes and making fools of themselves. IMO.

Sonic is good but hes not perfect. Hes the guy who would give up anything so that someone else can live in peice. And he values being a kid and doing what he wants but hes willing to give it all up for someone else. Hell do anything to others safty like getting in frot of Tails when Eggman was going to attack in Sonic Colors to putting his arm in front of Chip so that he doesnt get hurt.

they can help defeat the enimes in the games like when you go to pergress. but not the final boss monster in true story like al-layla-wa-layla or dark queen of that sort.

Is this an absolute, or just within the game's story? Like, would it be okay if other characters could fight the final boss, but only after the story is complete? I ask because I think that would be a good way to give everyone equal time without compromising Sonic's spotlight.

Is this an absolute, or just within the game's story? Like, would it be okay if other characters could fight the final boss, but only after the story is complete? I ask because I think that would be a good way to give everyone equal time without compromising Sonic's spotlight.

Others characters fighting the Sonic boss when the true story is complete and you do random, that is more than OK because they are not part of story and you do it for fun.

Meh Mario and Kirby are much more ruthless than Sonic is in brutal methods to deal with their enemies, and their as pure and innocent as they come.

Not relevant to the point I'm making.

Besides the story book series are non cannon.

False.

Sonic is always portrayed as a paragon of righteousness and a ideal of freedom, his villians instigate the threat of the world and Sonic's freedom so Sonic always never gets called on flaws pertaining to the wholeness of being free willed, positive, and almost all protective even towards people he doesn't know which characters are just stroking Sonic's goodness to extremes and making fools of themselves. IMO.

I'd love to know what the 'flaws' are to being free-willed, positive and protective.

I'd love to know what the 'flaws' are to being free-willed, positive and protective.

Well, if you look at certain traits and then see them from both sides as opposed to just the side portrayed, then anything can be a positive or a negative. Free-willed can become a disregard for authority, optimism can be seen as naivety or worse total denial of reality, and protectiveness can become over-protectiveness or controlling. It kinda just depends on the situation and how certain traits can be twisted, downplayed, or amplified.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Sonic in Sonic Generations. He was nice to his Sonic counterpart and he risked to save his friends.

I understand what sonikku-kiah is saying and i wish i wasnt so worried

As others have said, I don't think your worries are warranted involving Sonic as well. Since Sonic '06, Sonic has been the only character that has been playable in the main series games. Even Sonic Generations had 2 Sonics playable! Sonic's friends haven't come close to threatening to take the spotlight from him in recent games and at the rate it's going for their portrayal of being nothing but useless chatty cheerleaders, they won't come close to threatening Sonic's "spotlight" anytime soon. Even if Sonic's friends would be playable, they would enhance the gameplay giving variety to it as opposed to detracting from it and Sonic himself. Sonic can be awesome with his friends playable too. In fact, I think it would make him and the series look better having his friends being awesome too in actually doing things that are worthwhile.

AhtGPtD.jpg?1

As I've said before, SEGA/Sonic Team brought this massive cast on board so the least they should do is use them at least a decent manner. It's really not fair to the fans of the other characters to only have them standing there talking way too much and doing nothing useful.

I can't agree more with everything you said in your last post. It would be a waste to have such a large supporting cast and ultimately give them nothing to do. Personally, I don't think SEGA/Sonic Team has neglected all these characters, but I think that it's fair to give them more of an affect on the whole aside from being more components to push the plot forward. I don't think any of us want to take the spotlight away from Sonic entirely, but I don't think it's wrong to allow players to use other characters if Sonic is incapacitated or off doing other important missions. Like Sonikku_Kiah said, why not use this large cast? SEGA/Team Sonic can use them to their advantage by creating an overall better gaming experience by utilizing this large cast of friends and foes. I don't really want to see Sonic be replaced by anyone in the cast, but I want the cast to get more attention.

I like it when Sonic is not entirely on his own and must accept the assistance of his friends to save the day. You get to see more of his personality at work when he's interacting with those closest to him. More than anything, you want to relate to Sonic in some capacity. I mean, as much as possible. You want to see him as a good person who cares for his loved ones and the world at large. This makes you want to cheer for his success all the more once you see him care about everything that's at stake. I don't want anyone to supplant his role as hero, but I do want his friends to more of an involvement in determining the ultimate outcome. I'd still only want Sonic to deliver the final blow, but perhaps his friends can provide some assistance in leading up to those final moments. 

i dont mind playable friends, I kinda like them. I dont want a game where Sonic is helpless only to make those others look good.

i dont mind playable friends, I kinda like them. I dont want a game where Sonic is helpless only to make those others look good.

I still think it's possible to make Sonic look good and involve his friends, too. Personally, I think it makes Sonic look better to have allies by his side who can provide him assistance. I hear you though. I understand where you're coming from here, my friend. I don't want Sonic to look helpless, but, on the other hand, I don't want his friends to look and be helpless either. 

I still think it's possible to make Sonic look good and involve his friends, too. Personally, I think it makes Sonic look better to have allies by his side who can provide him assistance. I hear you though. I understand where you're coming from here, my friend. I don't want Sonic to look helpless, but, on the other hand, I don't want his friends to look and be helpless either. 

I agree.

I hate it when people say things like Tails and Amy should rescue Sonic. It makes me angry :(

I hate it when people say things like Tails and Amy should rescue Sonic. It makes me angry sad.png

What about when they rescued him in SA2? More importantly, why shouldn't Sonic ever be vulnerable or rely on someone else from time to time? I think it would serve to give him a lot more depth, since at the moment he doesn't appear to have any major flaws or weaknesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

What about when they rescued him in SA2? More importantly, why shouldn't Sonic ever be vulnerable or rely on someone else from time to time? I think it would serve to give him a lot more depth, since at the moment he doesn't appear to have any major flaws or weaknesses.

But Sonic wasnt kidnapped he was thrown in jail because he turned himself in to learn more about Shadow.

But Sonic wasnt kidnapped he was thrown in jail because he turned himself in to learn more about Shadow.

That was only in sonic X

I know he wasn't kidnapped he got arrested. The reason why he got himself arrested to learn more about shadow was added in sonic X

He was not kidnapped in the game !!

But he was arrested, he didn't do it to learn info about Shadow. Granted, it would have been nice if there was an explanation as to how the hell G.U.N was able to capture Sonic, but they still did it. What I want to know is why Sonic couldn't have just spin dashed through his cell bars. What the hell were they made out of anyway, adamantium? 

In addition to what everyone else already pointed out, there's hardly a difference between kidnapping and being arrested when in both cases Amy and Tails rescued him. Sonic gets captured, other characters bust him out. How that's a problem is a mystery I'll never figure out when it gives Sonic flaws and allows other characters to show their strengths.

• Thumbs Up 2

okay maybe he was helpless there but he still kicked butt.

it would be fine if Sonic resist.

Sonic wouldn't resist capture from those he's sworn to protect, Which is why he backed down from fighting when he was surrounded instead of fighting, the only thing Sonic will harm are mechs/badniks, even when facing Big Foot in SA2, he merely immobilized the mech.

It's really starting to bother me how highly you place Sonic on a pedestal compared to the rest of the cast, as if they couldn't achieve their own goals whilst Sonic is around, or play their part to aid Sonic or even rescue him in some senses. How did you feel about Chip protecting Sonic from Dark Gaia whilst he was weakened when he lost his Werehog form? Sonic isn't some invincible entity that hogs all the glory for himself, he needs his friends just as much as the world needs Sonic, and without his friends he wouldn't be the character he is today.  

• Thumbs Up 5

I was fine with Chip protecting him because Sonic has his power drained. Theres nothing wrong with help!! Im not saying that Sonic being helped or protected is bad!! Im saying him becoming Princess Peach helpless is wrong.

And what do you mean by the pedesul? what does it mean and how am I doing it? I dont understand. Please help

I was fine with Chip protecting him because Sonic has his power drained. Theres nothing wrong with help!! Im not saying that Sonic being helped or protected is bad!! Im saying him becoming Princess Peach helpless is wrong.

And what do you mean by the pedesul? what does it mean and how am I doing it? I dont understand. Please help

Basically holding something high on a pedestal means you're holding Sonic in such high regard, albeit over glorifying him into comparison to other characters. It's coming off as a bit biased.

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with liking Sonic so much, he's my favorite character too. You just need to present your argument better and view things with a more fair, open mind set. All it takes is explaining a little better, you aren't annoying me so you've got to quit over reacting. 

• Thumbs Up 1