Awoo.

The boards are suddenly slow at loading?

AzureHedgehog

I just encountered this slow issue [coincidentaly after talking about lagging?] on the forums - I have to wait ages for my posts to show up, there are only 2 users on the page besides me.

It was just working properly a second ago now it doesn't but other sites for me work fine.

is it just heavy traffic because this doesn't usually happen for me here.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think a few people from what I've seen are experiencing this also. I have to wait quite a bit to post anything, be it statuses or forum posts, or just commenting on statuses. It can also take a while to refresh or load a page. It's not always an issue though, sometimes it loads as fast as it normally does. Obviously it's not forum breaking or anything, just peculiar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I do feel like I've been having intermittent moments of long loading times (both pages and dynamic updating things like posting using Quick Post or commenting on a Status Update) far more frequently than usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

It happened to me too just a few days ago, it took more than 2 minutes to load the list of topics in the gaming section. Just to be sure I tried it on my phone and other pc with the slowing still being present. It's not happening right now but it was kind of random.

Could be just a freak thing though.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what happens when Carbo is an admin

Yeah, it's been happening to me too. Does it have to do with the recent increase on filesize limits for avatars?

• Thumbs Up 1

This has sometimes happened to me with statuses in the past, but I there's not much slowdown on my end. 

I'd say for the past month or so, the statuses especially have been very sluggish; it takes a long time to complete the posting of a comment or status update.

I've noticed a significant improvement  in speed today.

*Update* Wait no, Posting still takes time but the pages around the forums load fast again. Oops!

• Thumbs Up 1

*Update* Wait no, Posting still takes time but the pages around the forums load fast again. Oops!

The posting happens relatively quickly - the page refreshing does not (same goes for status updates, etc.). It will be looked into as time allows but it's a relatively small issue at the moment.

The posting happens relatively quickly - the page refreshing does not (same goes for status updates, etc.). It will be looked into as time allows but it's a relatively small issue at the moment.

Yes, this is what I've noticed as well. The green bar that appears at the top will stay there for (relatively) quite a long time after the content has actually been posted; if you open the page you're posting to in a new tab, you can see that it has been posted even though the original page has not refreshed. So for a temporary workaround, I'd recommend that people check if the posting has succeeded in another tab, then you're free to navigate away in the original one.

• Thumbs Up 1